Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 2, 8:58 AM

Nov 2014
I've been saying for the last 10 chapters "don't make them all teachers" and i'm glad they aren't just deku as it makes perfect sense.

Giving him the suit at the end felt kind of off..? it was a really nice book end and torch pass to dai, knowing deku's future is preparing the new students with his knowledge, now nothing stops him from leaving his position and carry on..?

Regardless, as annoying deku was at the beginning of the story, he really grew into a likeable character in the end.

i'll be curious to see where the new movie "fits in" or if its just a non canon affair.
AkuzaAug 2, 9:09 AM
Aug 2, 9:31 AM
Oct 2008
Sequel confirmed. But when its another story.
Aug 2, 9:55 AM

Aug 2013
I am a little bit disappointed but the whole thing manga was a little bit disappointing in my opinion

A lot of stuff that basically goes nowhere could have been something great but it just your average shonen manga in the end

Also the ending with this chapter included really failed IMHO to deliver and didn't made justice to a lot of character Midoriya included
Aug 2, 10:46 AM

Apr 2008
Having followed this manga from day 1, it's always happy tears and a bit of emptiness when a long running series you enjoy comes to an end. This was a fun ride, even if it's not the best story! Goodbye MHA!

Feeling this sad about MHA, I'm going to be destroyed the day One Piece ends ;_;
Aug 2, 10:56 AM

Jan 2014
I was wondering why the story went downhill for this, it started good but then slowly declining. who's at fault here, I wonder...

Deku ended up being a teacher, not even a number 1 hero or greatest hero of all time.
he only create a future where "everyone" is a great hero, which is basically the same as the start at the series, all might just have more spotlight than anyone else.

not even Deku and Ochako feelings has been answered. what's the point of all that bullshit talk with himiko toga then?

in the end, we didn't even get to see Deku in action with his new "iron man armor" made by US. sigh..

I could say this is anti-climax ending, pretty mid.
Aug 2, 11:03 AM

Oct 2020
It's over, huh? It's time to continue where I left off.
Aug 2, 11:21 AM

Apr 2015
Well with that, My hero has finally ended. Could the ending have been better? Definitely yes but I respect Horikoshi's vision and his determination to end his manga when he wanted to.

The final arc could've been better but overall this was a very memorable series for me as I started it when the first anime season aired. I've been with it for 10 years now and it evokes a feeling of fondness and nostalgia in me.

The Journey from start to finish for me personally was a 9/10, Although I guess the final arc was a bit dragged out at first and then this epilogue was okay though.

Overall, It certainly was and is one of the most popular Shounens today so it was a successful work in that regard. Looking forward to Horikoshi sensei's next work. Bye Bye Deku!
Aug 2, 11:35 AM

Sep 2015
I remember that when I initially started reading MHA back when it just came out (I think the 3rd chapter just released when I found it) and I though that this is gonna be popular. Boy did I not expect how popular it got! And now it's over.
The ending was nice for what it was, but I hoped, that it'd be a longer chapter to flesh out this time skip a little more. Less than 20 pages is not enough to cover the differences that 8 years make.

I would give it a 10/10 for the U.A. Saga, 8/10 for the Villains Saga and a 6/10 for the Final Saga. As a whole I would give it a solid 7/10 and would gladly recommend it to others.
Aug 2, 11:48 AM
Oct 2019
I thought the ending was weak, did Midoriya just become a salaried teacher? He had a dream that was so reinforced in the first seasons of becoming a hero and now this? I mean, being a teacher and encouraging the new generation is cool, but it's different from being someone in a position of action as a hero, honestly I close this chapter of my life as a manga fan a little disappointed, I've followed the work since the beginning, the quality it went downhill along the way or maybe it just didn't meet my expectations, but either way, this is a bit of a bittersweet ending. So many questions were not answered, Uraraka and Midoriya's relationship remained like in all shounen, no development, just insinuations throughout the work, and seeing as Midoriya and the group were no longer so close and so many years had passed, the feeling probably ended when They became adults, at least that's what you can intuit because they don't have any interaction in this chapter. Honestly, this work throughout the entire time took powers out of nowhere to give to Midoriya and just at the end when we wanted him to have somehow maintained the power even if just a little that didn't happen, that device he received from All Might is a mockery of regrettable power that I won't even consider. Honestly, I'm sad that the manga ended because although it was something that I had lost a little taste for over time, I still followed it regularly, but now it's over, I'm even more saddened by this ending done in such a regrettable way for Midoriya, I hoped that the author had prepared something more for him.
Aug 2, 12:17 PM

Oct 2014
A decent ending. I loved this manga at the start. The hype built around Deku breaking his already broken fingers and then beating his opponents with his 1000000% broken arms was a lot of fun. Stuff like AFO vs All Might was hype too even if the way AFO used his powers to make one giant arm was pretty dumb I still enjoyed those parts of the series. There were nice moments after that but I really stopped caring around the time Twice died. At that point he was one of the few characters I was interested in so it really sucked. But not as much as the 50 or so chapters that were dedicated to exploring Endeavor and his family. After around a year of that nonsense I had the series rated 2/10 compared to the 7 I had it at before. I was pleasantly surprised by the Iron Might chapters and probably enjoyed them more than the people who actually still liked the manga at that point lol Some of the fights at the end were great, probably Bakugo's especially and even though the conclusions some characters got were dumb I wasn't really bothered. The final chapter was pretty nice, glad they all aged well over the 8 years that have passed.

Unfortunately probably a 4/10 overall because the year of exploring Endeavor is the worst experience I've ever had reading weekly manga and the only time I've ever considered dropping a publishing series. But I guess it's telling how much I enjoyed other parts of the series for me to even give it a score that high.
Aug 2, 12:23 PM

Feb 2014
Finally this was put out of its misery and will be soon forgotten. Such a shame.
Aug 2, 1:04 PM

Oct 2017
So is it over or not? Is MAL just not updated on finishing it or what?
Aug 2, 1:56 PM

Oct 2021
I completed another manga series. 🙁 I cannot believe My Hero Academia is finished! 😣 I feel so sad. I discovered this wonderful series during the pandemic (early 2020) and have been reading it for four years. Still, I can't believe I missed the six years of excitement when it initially came out on 2014.

Anywho, this chapter felt flat. Deku became a U.A. teacher. A random character (Dai) could have been a kid whom Deku picked in the streets to train, pick up the mantle, etc.

But, no! All Might gave him a support item and Deku is still running around with Class 1-A (adult versions) to save people even though he's Quirkless. What's the point of those chapters / those arcs that he's gonna be powerless? 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Anywho, everything's rushed which makes perfect sense as do all manga series. But, it's up to the readers. This is an open-ended finale. The fans can think of a finale however they want, but the author made his point.

I am not excited to look forward on Horikoshi-sensei's next work as <I>My Hero Academia</I> is irreplaceable at this point. So, I am content with however the author wrapped it up...but, the epilogue is too short. 😩 I wished there could have been more (which, I am sure there will be in the extra pages of the official Volume 42). 😁📚
marquinti2Aug 2, 2:00 PM

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Aug 2, 2:09 PM
Jan 2015
Quirkless, friendless, girlfriendless, unappreciated and unacknowledged wageworker Deku. Truly one of the endings of all time.

We'll see if Horikoshi pulls an AoT and ends up releasing a new chapter retconning this ending, since his reputation will never recover from this ending. His career is over.
Aug 2, 2:22 PM

Jun 2017
Omg finally I can stop reading this, this is like what happened to Bleach sadly, the second half of the manga went in a downward spiral endlessly.
Aug 2, 3:04 PM

Aug 2021
maybe the greatest hero was the friends we made along the way. except it’s not even a joke, that’s literally the exact ending we got. eh it’s whatever. my hero’s been deteriorating in quality for a long time and this ending follows that path pretty well. not necessarily a bad ending but one i expected
Aug 2, 3:12 PM

Jul 2017
gonna miss reading this weekly sm, truly an amazing ride this journey was.
Aug 2, 3:12 PM

May 2013
What an absolute waste.
What a hack ending and a waste of everyones time.
Aug 2, 3:18 PM
Jan 2016
For all that's happened in the manga, the ups, the downs, I'm glad the ending was this satisfying.
Aug 2, 3:21 PM

Sep 2020
a shitty ending. that's it. nothing more.
Aug 2, 3:58 PM

Jul 2015
I liked the ending and think anyone who whines about it is a stupid baby who is mad that IzuOcha didn't happen and that Izuku didn't "literally" become the top 1 ranked hero
Read my comic pl0x :D
Rockerella meets Merman
Aug 2, 5:22 PM
Aug 2020
I was hoping for a better end but thx sensei for your time and energy !!!
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 2, 5:26 PM
Dec 2020
best anime shonen ever
Aug 2, 5:31 PM

Apr 2020
So... we don't have any romantic pair confirmations, huh? Although Uraraka is close to Bakugou in the last page, so Bakuraka is real.

Some characters carried many moments, like Aizawa, Mirio, Bakugou and Endeavor. The other characters are not really interesting, and I don't care much about them (neither does Horikoshi as it seems). Izuku doesn't count since he's the protagonist.

When I was watching season 3 of the anime I made a prediction that All for One would be the last boss and he would use Shigaraki as a pawn until the end and well, that happened. All for One was a great villain but at some moment I think Horikoshi lost his hand, because EVERY moment was planned by All for One. And the way he was defeated was not the best. But I think it's a good thing that at least all for one and one for all don't exist anymore and Shigaraki died. Seriously, what a good decision that he couldn't be saved by Izuku after all the destruction he did. 1 point for Horikoshi.

The last arc had good moments, but all predictable. Action/shounen writers like to test the intelligence of the readers with some things that we know WON'T happen, such as the "death" of Bakugou and All Might. The victory of the heroes was a certain thing to happen, but I think it could be more well developed. Seriously, we had an army of villains at the final arc, including the main and the random ones, just to make numbers. Something like 100 heroes versus 10.000 villains, but the heroes still managed to win against Toga going crazy with Twice's ability, prime All for One, Dabi and of course Shigaraki, that even with the debuff thanks to Star and Stripes, was WAY more powerful than Izuku in his prime. The hero side had at best: Aizawa, Monoma, Shinso, Deku, Endeavor. And a powerless All Might that somehow gave trouble to All for One. The other pro heroes didn't do shit to be relevant in the last arc. The heroes didn't have the numbers of enough power to win, but whatever, the good side have to win no matter how.

In conclusion, it's a good manga. It had good emotional and epic moments, although the last one was Endeavor versus High End, at least for me. Not awesome, it's a normal story that couldn't end another way. It had it highs and lows, a bit more highs than lows with no unique moments if compared to other action shounen. Final rate, 7/10.
AcD4cAug 2, 5:54 PM
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Aug 2, 5:34 PM

Apr 2021
Didn’t Horikoshi say in an interview that Izuku’s father would have a role to play in the story at some point?
Aug 2, 5:50 PM

Mar 2016
A better ending than Naruto.

Glad that Izuku still got a chance to reach his dream of being a pro-hero.

Although, what was up with that 4th wall break🤨

IzuxOcha confirmed until proven otherwise (please don't get them married to some randos).

Everyone made it to where they wanted to be.

Confirmed pairings are GentlexLa Brava and KotaxEri.
Aug 2, 6:01 PM

Mar 2016
Reply to TheLlamaOffishy
Chapter 430 of my hero academia is peak fiction. It sums it up in a very nostalogist way, with having deku relate to the viewer in how he currently feels. Its bueaitiful to see class-1a grown up and doing good work around the world, especially since the last chapter confirmed that the cycle was broken. It's a good end to an amazing series. Despite its four hundred and thirty chapters, i still find myself craving more. (ALSO IZOUCHA CANON RAH SMD BKDK SHIPPERS OCHAKOS WEARING DEKUS WEIRD MOUTH THING)
@TheLlamaOffishy Wait... SERIOUSLY!?

Are you sure it isn't a design choice?

If it is her wearing his jaw protector... Golly! I just want a confirmation, at this point💖
Aug 3, 1:00 AM

Oct 2019
I think the ending was fine a lot of shonen manga end one chapter after the main villain is beaten but MHA got a better treatment, A lot of people shit on Horikoshi but he deserves some props he put out the best art in WSJ in those past 10 years the Art during the lasts arcs was insane for a weekly/bi-weekly manga.

I've read MHA since chapter 4 was released it has it ups and downs but overall it was a solid series 7/10 for me.
Aug 3, 4:18 AM
Nov 2021
so much inspiration a really good manga
so long i read this manga finally i finished this on 3-08-2024 the first manga i completed while reading on publishing
Aug 3, 4:43 AM

May 2009
When Mal change status as "complete"?
Aug 3, 4:50 AM

Oct 2020
reading weekly for years now and its making grown men shed tears seeing deku and the gang older and full fledged heroes
Aug 3, 6:04 AM

Aug 2017
Otaku-Aniki said:
When Mal change status as "complete"?

I assume tomorrow, when the chapters offically gets released on the Mangaplus App (so Monday 0:00 am JST / Sunday 5.00 pm CEST)

Overall this was a big ride. As Shoko664 already said, the series has it flaws and up and downs, but the good sides overweight.
Liked Entrance Exam / Sport Festival / Hideout Raid / School Festival and Final Arc very lot.

Sometimes the manga loses itself, like Joint Training Arc or Meta Liberation Army Arc, but overall I look back with good memories from this title.

10 years is an expressive time, in this fast times where tastes changes and the many amount of titles. Horikoshi did a good job entertaining us all in the past decade.
I think this is a title where everyone has at least one character, they can relate too. (I personally liked Ochaku a lot. I will definitly miss her).

Also the relationship between All Might and Deku was one-of-a-kind.
Something between admission, friendship, almost father-like and mutual appreciation.

The love/hate-relationship between Bakugo (probably the character who provides the most laughs) was also very catching.

Now once again a big title comes to an end.
2024 seems to be the year of big fare-wells: Jujutsu Kaisen, Boku no hero academia, Edens Zero. (and also Yozakura-san chi no daisakusen seems to be in its final moves).
Shonen will look very different in the future.
Aug 3, 7:36 AM

Jan 2016
What a disappointing ending I expected something better
Aug 3, 8:09 AM
Aug 2016
This ending was truly and completely ass. No consequences, all that buildup with the Todorokis ruined in a single panel. Bakugo / Deku of course resumes hero life like nothing ever happened. Uraraka was the only one with a semblence of emotions, nobody else has major PTSD for living through a superhuman war and death.

Uraraka and Deku relationship built up for the whole series, obviously unresolved, coz why bother, right? It's not like people wanna know what happens to characters they read about or anything.

I get the vibe that both the AFO arc and this damn ending was born in a boardroom on a conference call with the publisher. MHA was never that great of a manga, but it deserved better than this boilerplate cookie cutter nonsense ending.
Aug 3, 8:12 AM
Aug 2016
Reply to DLDrillNB
Quirkless, friendless, girlfriendless, unappreciated and unacknowledged wageworker Deku. Truly one of the endings of all time.

We'll see if Horikoshi pulls an AoT and ends up releasing a new chapter retconning this ending, since his reputation will never recover from this ending. His career is over.
@DLDrillNB i think Deku is the happiest this is over. i sure am.
Aug 3, 8:14 AM
Aug 2016
Reply to StephLovesCats
Didn’t Horikoshi say in an interview that Izuku’s father would have a role to play in the story at some point?
@StephLovesCats he forgot, just like finishing the manga. im not sure what this chapter was but it read like it was written by AI
Aug 3, 8:16 AM
Aug 2016
Reply to An_amazing_world
What an absolute waste.
What a hack ending and a waste of everyones time.
@An_amazing_world i kinda hate myself for expecting anything from shounen endings now... is it that hard to wrap things up nicely? why do all these authors think that people read shounen for deep messages and nihilistic life lessons?
Aug 3, 8:34 AM
Aug 2016
Reply to Abyhape
I was wondering why the story went downhill for this, it started good but then slowly declining. who's at fault here, I wonder...

Deku ended up being a teacher, not even a number 1 hero or greatest hero of all time.
he only create a future where "everyone" is a great hero, which is basically the same as the start at the series, all might just have more spotlight than anyone else.

not even Deku and Ochako feelings has been answered. what's the point of all that bullshit talk with himiko toga then?

in the end, we didn't even get to see Deku in action with his new "iron man armor" made by US. sigh..

I could say this is anti-climax ending, pretty mid.
@Abyhape mid is generous. this is up there with aot.
Aug 3, 11:12 AM
May 2018
Meh ending as expected form Horikoshi capabilities.
The only thing I cared about in this chapter is seeing Mirko alive and happy.
Aug 3, 11:27 AM

Mar 2017
Thank you Horikoshi-sensei for a decade of HeroAca.

As many have said, the story did fell off in recent years. I myself started losing interest when the OFA quirks manifested, but that's more of a personal preference. Really, I feel its the back-to-back war arcs that lead to the decline. The earlier arcs were smaller in scale yet each one served a purpose, which was what drew many to this series. Its definitely burnout that lead to this and its a shame, as its evident how many compelling stories Horikoshi wanted to tell but was constrained to meet the demand for battle shonen.

For the good points, art is definitely a no-brainer. Actual props to being able to keep that quality throughout the years considering his hectic schedule. I actually hope his style doesn't fade into obscurity because its one of the most iconic at this point IMO.

Now for the actual best thing, all things considered, is the theme. There is an irony in using fictional icons to highlight issues present in reality. Despite not being novel, I find it telling how the major villains came to be because of the lack of said icon and how their respective conflicts were resolved from each of the protagonists lending that helping hand. That's why those final words of "You can become a hero" hit really hard. Not only is it a callback to the beginning of HeroAca, its also Horikoshi speaking to us readers. Its him wishing for those who read his story, to be that heroic icon to others. Even if doing so ends up being mundane or unconventional.

Truly a peak ending for a story that went past its prime. Just like All Might fr fr
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Aug 3, 2:17 PM

Dec 2014
PLEASE no soulless My Hero Academia: Next Generations featuring Zeku or something. It seems the fate of every long running shonen is for the writing to deteriorate into a low quality war arc only for it to "end" and then have its corpse dragged around for that sweet sweet franchise money.
Another mediocre shonen pushing the lesson of "bad people aren't responsible for their actions, they have a sad backstory and it's usually society's fault" while having the bad people in question be mass murderers and terrorists.
Can't wait for the next "no powers/ low class but secretly the most overpowered person in the entire universe bar none" manga Jump picks up.
Aug 3, 3:16 PM

Jan 2021
I got into My Hero Academia during 2020 which was a pretty bad time for me. It gave me happiness because of how bright and happy it was and gave me hope.

I'm sad to see it gone but the fun I had while experiencing it will never be gone.

I wish we could see them as adults for longer but what we got was enough. I'm just glad they're all still heroes and happy.

All Might extending the ending was absolutely hilarious, gonna miss that guy!

Got very teary eyed reading this just like I did with many other moments from the series.

Goodbye My Hero Academia, you were great. PLUUUUS ULTRA!!!!!!!
Aug 3, 4:30 PM
Nov 2016
The ending was pretty mid and I'm not surprised, most shounen has shitty endings, at least this ending wasn't shit but it sure as hell was mid, and why is the eye of All Might getting white? it started happening in the previous chapter, his dark eyes are getting white, and he looks weird.

So Deku ended up quirkless and he became a teacher huh? quite boring for an ending, and he didn't even end up with Ochako, that bitch ass Deku is going to get NTR by someone else, Ochako doesn't want beta males.

The thing I liked the most about this mid-ending was that double page at the end, the pink slime girl looks pretty hot, her design is really good there so I will applaud that, I wanted to see more of her design.

Anyway, I'm glad this is over, was about time, this manga isn't bad but I got enough of it and I wanted it to end, will I miss it? absolutely not, lately, I was only reading it because I wanted to finish it, I wasn't even looking forward to it, but since I was this deep into this manga I simply wanted to finish it and I will end my rant with a rating of:

7/10
Aug 3, 5:41 PM
Apr 2021
What a ride man I loved it I’ve been reading since 2016, so idc what yall say I loved the ending Deku became a hero once again I’m proud of my boy🥹💚🥹💚

I’m giving this a 9/10 bc I throughly enjoyed and loved this since 2016 Horikoshi even though the ending wasn’t what a lot of ppl expected and wanted but idc it was still good to me🥹🫶🏽
Aug 3, 5:58 PM
Feb 2010
Good overall ending for everyone I just wish Toga would've joined UA.
Aug 3, 7:21 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi has learned that his avocation is encouraging others Bakugo will never be his childhood friend
Aug 3, 11:05 PM

Dec 2020
cant believe its over. been following the manga for almost 6 years now, end of an era. glad to see they all got the happy ending they deserved! <3
Aug 4, 3:35 AM
Mar 2021
As a chapter, it was great.. but being the ending of a manga with multiple characters each having their unique story and relations, the last few chapters were utterly trash.
Aug 4, 7:18 AM

Mar 2016
Thank you for the 10 years, I was first introduced to BnHA in 2016 with the first anime season and this series has truly been one of the most unique one. I hope Horikoshi got his much-needed time off lmao.

That last scene with all the A1 cast is a W. I'd love to see official art and ofc fanart of the adult version of Deku and the class.
Aug 4, 8:36 AM

Jul 2014
I'm sad at the fact that I didn't feel anything while reading this chapter. MHA used to be one of my favorite manga but I kinda lost interest during the final arc. I think the author failed at making the story morally complex, like the heroes' answer to the injustices denounced by the antagonists is basically "Let's be nice to each other!". That last chapter gave us a glimpse at the more concrete actions taken by some heroes but it's far from being enough. And I don't know why but Deku being a hero once again thanks to some fancy equipment doesn't feel right to me... It feels shallow, like a compromise so the fans don't complain about the MC ending up powerless.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 392 Discussion

Odabrani - Jun 21, 2023

32 by KoniginElle »»
7 hours ago

» question about the ending

asdewqw3erfgt - Aug 29

18 by college_boy »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 391 Discussion

deg - Jun 14, 2023

37 by KoniginElle »»
Sep 20, 2:07 PM

» When will the chapter count be updated?

Ellenwitch - Sep 19

3 by AriLumani »»
Sep 20, 6:22 AM

» 👑 Boku no Hero Academia Character Ranking 👑 ( 1 2 )

nirererin - Sep 5

70 by UberBat »»
Sep 19, 4:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.