Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 25, 10:09 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Hormigo
@royalnobody I agree and respect your opinion but for me in this type of anime it is very important to empathize with the protagonist, I am not watching a shonen, a seinen etc... and in my particular case I cannot I empathize with Nina after 8 episodes, I simply see her as a toxic person who believes she is the center of the world and Solo is a child who has to mature. I understand that she has problems Personal but those problems are not part of the group. We'll see in the future if I change my mind. That being said, this is what these forums are for to debate, that's what's cool. Greetings
@Hormigo not sure what you mean by solo but in a way, she is a child. at least, a very immature person. I won't say it's wrong to find that annoying but it's also what makes her as a character, for better or worse. lots of people on this forum actually find this to be relatable because they were immature like her once. I don't think you have to empathize with her, just understand where she comes from. Given the past we know it seems she was very much restricted from expressing herself and her feelings did not matter, so it would be understandable for her to start prioritizing her own feelings now that she's physically free from her past. at least, that's how I see it.
May 25, 10:13 AM
Aug 2022
Reply to IzanaSolos
Damn, who would’ve thought we’d have not one, not two, but three peak Yuri shows this season?

After the live performance, tensions between Nina and Momoka escalate further. The two confront each other with their true feelings. Nina resolves to cut off her retreat in order to seriously pursue becoming a professional. Tomo says she'll quit if the chaos continues like this. Meanwhile, Momoka visits Nina, who has started a part-time job.

Emotional ass episode, but Momoka and Nina have finally made up. There were hints here and there, that made me think there might be a chance of something happening, but I'm still surprised it did. Normally, I'm eh of Nina's immaturity, but she really shone here. She showed Momoka the importance of enjoying the present and overcame her own difficult past at school. Also, I bet the pink-haired girl is the one Nina was "forced" to apologize to.

It would be a messy and clumsy relationship if they really go for it, but it could be a beautiful love story.
@IzanaSolos I don't know if Nina saying how she loves momoka was like a proper confession or not idk to me it didn't really feel like that. But hey it would be an interesting dynamic to potentially go down if they choose to.
May 25, 10:14 AM
Aug 2022
Nina has honestly become a new favourite character of mine, She just gets better and better each episode, and she's relatable in various aspects and I love her voice and music.
May 25, 10:22 AM

Jan 2016
Reply to Mikarin_Enjoyer
@Hormigo yeah, basically that
i dont mind yuri and for sure dont mind people that like it
ive even seen and enjoyed some shows myself

but yeah, the clickbait is kinda dogshit and the show is kind of a marvel, it really doesnt need to bait people

wow, sane people still exist.. It's the same problem I had with Jellyfish, one fucking yuri scene and people completely forget the main point of the anime and its amazing drama
it's crazy how this generation has such a simple mind

but what can we do, producers knows big part of audience loves it and use this cheap plot development to its favor
May 25, 10:44 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Ishitateso
@Adverrito That impulsivity makes her to be the driving force of the band and in consequence the drive that moves forward the story too; and the expressiveness of that same compulsivity of her motivated Momoka now to consider going pro again. Don't want to make her to be a boring goody-goody, wholesome character, this anime is not about that; her failings and emotional outburst make her interesting (and in a sense a typical teen).

@Mikarin_Enjoyer You are not the only one. She clearly idolizes Momoka, sees her as her saviour and paragon, so taking that in consederation in that context her "confession" didn't necessarily mean romantic love. We will see next time, but I guess we just got teased.
@Ishitateso @Mikarin_Enjoyer It's like if this is the first time, lmao. I wouldn't even be surprised that if the next episode ignores this and doesn't go anywhere romantically (as Jellyfish seems to intend), people will just pretend that this is already an established fact and you don't need anything else. Modern anime fandom is incredibly hopeless when it comes to having to wait at least one week to see what the author's intentions were and what direction the story will go.

@Hormigo Yuri really sells, which is why many formally platonic shows include this to satisfy shippers without turning the show into a full-blown yuri. But Western fans don't understand this at all, since the West is obsessed with "canon".

@Ryushindai this is why a number of authors abandoned romance and outright stated it, because they hated how people ignored the plot of their work in favor of shipping. Ironically, among them were the creators of Hibike and no one really cared that Takeda or Yamada distanced themselves from romance in favor of meaningful platonic relationships, lmao. Also, it seems to me, or are more and more all-female works having one or two such episodes in order to hook shippers and then forget about it, hoping that people will entertain themselves?
RobertBobertMay 25, 10:56 AM
May 25, 11:10 AM
Aug 2018
Absolutely 10/10 episode. I’m so hype for where this show is going. Why is this show not more popular!? Well I guess cuz in the west it wasn’t licensed… except France.

I personally hope it’s gay but I’m going to keep my hopes low so I won’t feel betrayed. Regardless of gay or not, this is the best show of the season and I’m loving it so much
May 25, 3:44 PM

Oct 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@Ishitateso @Mikarin_Enjoyer It's like if this is the first time, lmao. I wouldn't even be surprised that if the next episode ignores this and doesn't go anywhere romantically (as Jellyfish seems to intend), people will just pretend that this is already an established fact and you don't need anything else. Modern anime fandom is incredibly hopeless when it comes to having to wait at least one week to see what the author's intentions were and what direction the story will go.

@Hormigo Yuri really sells, which is why many formally platonic shows include this to satisfy shippers without turning the show into a full-blown yuri. But Western fans don't understand this at all, since the West is obsessed with "canon".

@Ryushindai this is why a number of authors abandoned romance and outright stated it, because they hated how people ignored the plot of their work in favor of shipping. Ironically, among them were the creators of Hibike and no one really cared that Takeda or Yamada distanced themselves from romance in favor of meaningful platonic relationships, lmao. Also, it seems to me, or are more and more all-female works having one or two such episodes in order to hook shippers and then forget about it, hoping that people will entertain themselves?
@RobertBobert its like LycoReco all over again

it wanted to be yuri, it tried to be yuri, people worshipped as a yuri, and had nothing in the vein of romance lmao
May 25, 3:51 PM
Jan 2018
White hot emotions this episode, from the cheek caress to the slap to the confession and crying at the end. I found myself actually really griped by it, probably the best anime episode of the shows I've watched this season. I don't think I have seen a band anime grapple with the idea of selling out and what that means before, tying that into Momoka's backstory is just good writing. As for the confession, I agree that the show could walk it back/not really do anything else with it since there was just very slight hints about it previously, but it feels like the show is smart/honest enough to not like give Nina a boyfriend next episode.
May 25, 3:56 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Mikarin_Enjoyer
@RobertBobert its like LycoReco all over again

it wanted to be yuri, it tried to be yuri, people worshipped as a yuri, and had nothing in the vein of romance lmao
@Mikarin_Enjoyer I think not really. Licorice is the type of show that you have every season where people are more concerned with figuring out the sexuality of the characters than the plot or anything else. Sometimes it pays off, like in G-Witch, but most of the time it just remains a field of eternal shipping.

GBC is more of a classic all-female show about important platonic bonds between characters, which for obvious reasons becomes a target of shippers and at some point drowns in ship wars due to the fact that some episode makes a noticeable intimate scene (remember the similar 8th episode in Hibike) to attract shippers, and then forget about it and move on. This is meant as normal fan bait, but since people in the west are obsessed with canon, they often make it too personal regardless of interpretation and continue to argue about the show, creating hype for it for the wrong reasons, expecting the ending to somehow fix it. This has happened so often in the past that I have even learned to anticipate people's reactions when discussing such episodes.

@smoothw Dude, this is a multimedia all-female franchise, it will never give her a boyfriend since all the characters are supposed to be innocent virgin waifu here. Not to mention that it would be weird to expect to get a boyfriend out of nowhere in the very next episode. At the same time, it will not necessarily cancel or ignore it in the future, because this confession was not necessarily romantic in the first place. This is not something new for these types of anime. For example, in one episode of the above-mentioned Jellyfish there was already at least one platonic confession of love during the introduction of one of the main characters.
RobertBobertMay 25, 4:29 PM
May 25, 4:39 PM
Aug 2019
It's CRAZY to think that they don't have any seiyuu experience, DAMN best episode of the whole season
May 25, 5:28 PM

Jun 2015
I know the highlight in this ep is about Nina and Momoka, but we also gotta appreciate Subaru :D

May 25, 5:51 PM
Apr 2023
10/10, she agrees
May 25, 6:09 PM
Apr 2021
I want to watch the progress of Togenashi Togeari to reach their purpose.
Wow the last 5 episode. I wish this is not end too soon. Is this possible to get season 2?
I want more to see Nina, Momoka, Subaru, Momo and Rupa. Subaru is my favorite character in this series

I still prefer this series than Jellyfish Cant Swim at Night
May 25, 6:12 PM

Jul 2012
I thought this episode was fantastic, but the way people take away this "woo they confessed their romantic feelings" mindset makes me sad. This episode was absolutely way more than that.

The age gap also makes me believe that it was a fan announcing her love for the singer that saved her life, and kept her going. Momo cries because she is so happy that someone appreciates how true to herself she is and always will be.

I am a fan of Yuri anime (Yuru Yuri I was obsessed with), but this is definitely a relationship that should stay platonic. The sisterhood they have is so much more valuable than any type of romantic relationship would be in my opinion. Momo is supposed to be a mentor for Nina, not some type of romantic partner. And I believe it will stay that way. I'd be shocked if it didn't.

But that's my opinion.
May 25, 6:15 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to Ishitateso
@Adverrito That impulsivity makes her to be the driving force of the band and in consequence the drive that moves forward the story too; and the expressiveness of that same compulsivity of her motivated Momoka now to consider going pro again. Don't want to make her to be a boring goody-goody, wholesome character, this anime is not about that; her failings and emotional outburst make her interesting (and in a sense a typical teen).

@Mikarin_Enjoyer You are not the only one. She clearly idolizes Momoka, sees her as her saviour and paragon, so taking that in consederation in that context her "confession" didn't necessarily mean romantic love. We will see next time, but I guess we just got teased.
@Ishitateso yes, her aggression and impulsivity are somehow helping her, good for her i guess. however, i don't think the end always justify the means, so causing ruckus in public, slapping her idol's face, and throwing her life in jeopardy don't make me root for her accomplishment. if she had a chance to reflect upon her actions, then i probably would have changed my views on her, but she always seems to care more about her feelings than others despite her actions, and has constantly been unapologetic throughout the episodes. people keep saying 'oh, but she's just a typical teen. give her some slack, she doesn't know shit.' well then, there should be people that let her know her temper tantrum won't be viewed positively in the society. then maybe she'll try to behave better. what she needs is guidance, redemption, not gratification, but there's nothing of the sort in the show, so it's hard to root for her as of now. yeah, i agree that she's an interesting character, not a likeable one
May 25, 7:53 PM

Jan 2011
it's insane how much better each episode of this gets
May 25, 8:05 PM
Blitzball Player

Dec 2011
Horizon248 said:
Wow.

I had the ED on max volume this episode, the amount of feelings that I just felt in the last 20 minutes was insanity. Momoka and Nina are going to give me a heart attack at this rate, like Subaru said, they are a riot. Front to back another absolutely amazing episode. The 2D animation for Momoka's past was awesome, did not see that coming. Subaru being an angel between two demons had me cracking up. Rupa having full faith and Tomo having none of it was also great. Pinkys up at Diamond Dust we will see you at the festival!

SAME. I'm so glad Nina and Momoka reconciled by the end, I don't know if my heart could have taken anymore. I love the reality check the show is offering about bands, making a living, and the dilemma of staying true to their roots. There are certainly no shortage of bands that stray from their original sound to be more commercially viable. Regardless I'm forever team TOGENASHI TOGEARI! Pinkys up!
May 25, 8:07 PM

Feb 2020
They really girls band cried with this one... Peak... I think this episode confirms it for me: show of the season for me. That scene with them and diamond dust got me so hyped up... I can't wait for more episodes 😭
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 8:44 PM

May 2015
Reply to Adverrito
@Ishitateso yes, her aggression and impulsivity are somehow helping her, good for her i guess. however, i don't think the end always justify the means, so causing ruckus in public, slapping her idol's face, and throwing her life in jeopardy don't make me root for her accomplishment. if she had a chance to reflect upon her actions, then i probably would have changed my views on her, but she always seems to care more about her feelings than others despite her actions, and has constantly been unapologetic throughout the episodes. people keep saying 'oh, but she's just a typical teen. give her some slack, she doesn't know shit.' well then, there should be people that let her know her temper tantrum won't be viewed positively in the society. then maybe she'll try to behave better. what she needs is guidance, redemption, not gratification, but there's nothing of the sort in the show, so it's hard to root for her as of now. yeah, i agree that she's an interesting character, not a likeable one
@Adverrito I get what you mean, but think about it this way: There is a japanese saying that often comes up in daily conversation in movies and anime too, that goes like “The nail that sticks out gets hammered down”. It expresses the same thing you are talking about, but in its more everyday raw reality when in the end every member of society should get bullied, forced into its conforming roles and rules. You should keep in mind that this will happen with Nina as well in the long run, she will get broken in, have to conform but that will mean the end of her motivation, her creativity and make her to become a burn-out (which almost happened to Momoka too). Reality will slap her hard in the face, like she did with Momoka, because if they won't make it big in the musical industry being a drop-out of school will mean a very hard life for her in hte future. As viewers we know this, we get this but still the beauty of these kind of series (and Jellyfish is similar in that) is that they make it possible for us to live through this phase of life again, step back from our "broken-in", "conformed", "burned-out" adult selves and see the raw innocence what we have lost. In the opening there is a shot where we can see Nina flying in the sky, a recurring symbol in anime of the same period of life, when teenagers are still able to dream big, dream that they can "fly" but in the end they will loose their wings. And one last thing : yes, being a rebel, flipping the bird (the pinky fingers) in the face of society is the exact opposite of being nice, likeable and well-behaved. I already said it but it is a pity that the creators of this anime didn't have more courage and didn't let the girls have a punk band instead of the current j-rock formation. That would have made this anime more perfect, would have brought more successfully its message home.
IshitatesoMay 26, 2:01 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
May 26, 1:34 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to Ishitateso
@Adverrito I get what you mean, but think about it this way: There is a japanese saying that often comes up in daily conversation in movies and anime too, that goes like “The nail that sticks out gets hammered down”. It expresses the same thing you are talking about, but in its more everyday raw reality when in the end every member of society should get bullied, forced into its conforming roles and rules. You should keep in mind that this will happen with Nina as well in the long run, she will get broken in, have to conform but that will mean the end of her motivation, her creativity and make her to become a burn-out (which almost happened to Momoka too). Reality will slap her hard in the face, like she did with Momoka, because if they won't make it big in the musical industry being a drop-out of school will mean a very hard life for her in hte future. As viewers we know this, we get this but still the beauty of these kind of series (and Jellyfish is similar in that) is that they make it possible for us to live through this phase of life again, step back from our "broken-in", "conformed", "burned-out" adult selves and see the raw innocence what we have lost. In the opening there is a shot where we can see Nina flying in the sky, a recurring symbol in anime of the same period of life, when teenagers are still able to dream big, dream that they can "fly" but in the end they will loose their wings. And one last thing : yes, being a rebel, flipping the bird (the pinky fingers) in the face of society is the exact opposite of being nice, likeable and well-behaved. I already said it but it is a pity that the creators of this anime didn't have more courage and didn't let the girls have a punk band instead of the current j-rock formation. That would have made this anime more perfect, would have brought more successfully its message home.
@Ishitateso It is one thing to be rebellious, shameless (very normal at those ages) and another to become a toxic, arrogant person and believe you are the center of the world. You have to understand that not everything revolves around you. I understand Nina's past, but as her sister told her in relation to her father, I have to put myself in the place of both of them and that is what Nina has to learn, to put herself in the place of the others in the group. I love rebellious, cheeky characters, but without reaching toxicity, because toxicity only leads others to distance themselves from you. Having said that (and I may have been wrong) but I think Nina will end up solving "her problems" with her family and I wouldn't be surprised with the one who was her former friend and the one who is supposed to have harassed her, after all this is not a seinen and I have already seen this type of ending in other similar works. greetings
May 26, 2:16 AM

May 2015
Reply to Hormigo
@Ishitateso It is one thing to be rebellious, shameless (very normal at those ages) and another to become a toxic, arrogant person and believe you are the center of the world. You have to understand that not everything revolves around you. I understand Nina's past, but as her sister told her in relation to her father, I have to put myself in the place of both of them and that is what Nina has to learn, to put herself in the place of the others in the group. I love rebellious, cheeky characters, but without reaching toxicity, because toxicity only leads others to distance themselves from you. Having said that (and I may have been wrong) but I think Nina will end up solving "her problems" with her family and I wouldn't be surprised with the one who was her former friend and the one who is supposed to have harassed her, after all this is not a seinen and I have already seen this type of ending in other similar works. greetings
@Hormigo I get your perspective too, but as I have said a few times under other threads, toxicity is a reality of life, the portrayal of which has to find its way into art too. Anime is too wholesome, too fairy-tale like a lot of times and it is kinda okayish, because we know that already when we sit down to consume it, but on the other hand that is exactly what makes it special if we get sometimes more "real", humanlike characters that are far from perfect and struggling with their imperfections and all the bad things that those incur on them (ljust like it is normal in literature and in non-popcorn movies). Maybe she will solve her bad-ways of behavior, or maybe she will get broken in, get betrayed, left behind, loose her dreams and become a burn-out, we don't know, I guess this anime is not about to show all her way through life, but it can show us a snapshot of a kind of inconsiderate and forceful personality that exists in life too (and sometimes that kind of person can be a source of creativity and bring vitality to a group). I don't want her to be my "friend", so I don't care if she is not sympathetic until it feels she is a "living", dynamic being.
IshitatesoMay 26, 5:24 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
May 26, 3:10 AM
Jul 2020
el mejor capitulo de la serie y probablemente de la temporada, dramita puro y del bueno
May 26, 6:13 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
In a way I think I can get behind Nina's feelings but in other ways she just has no restraints or shame at all. Sure, this is supposed to be a passion enducing anime but with situation like these where I can't just stop siding with Momoka due to how insistent Nina is you're losing me. Still, there's the confession and a "declaration of war" against Diamond Dust. We'll see if the next episode has this drama again or something more lighthearted.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 26, 6:44 AM

Aug 2008
Reply to NameLess_NEET
I know the highlight in this ep is about Nina and Momoka, but we also gotta appreciate Subaru :D

@NameLess_NEET Subaru is always happy. Besides being the main comic relief, she also brightens up the atmosphere with her personality. I like that.

Nina and Momoka are a great duo. It's wholesome how despite their clashy personalities, they really care for each other. Good to see them grow closer.
May 26, 4:55 PM
Mar 2024
So amazing! Episode 8 is the best episode of GBC until now. I believe Girls Band Cry can be the best anime of 2024 spring!
May 26, 5:04 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to IzanaSolos
Damn, who would’ve thought we’d have not one, not two, but three peak Yuri shows this season?

After the live performance, tensions between Nina and Momoka escalate further. The two confront each other with their true feelings. Nina resolves to cut off her retreat in order to seriously pursue becoming a professional. Tomo says she'll quit if the chaos continues like this. Meanwhile, Momoka visits Nina, who has started a part-time job.

Emotional ass episode, but Momoka and Nina have finally made up. There were hints here and there, that made me think there might be a chance of something happening, but I'm still surprised it did. Normally, I'm eh of Nina's immaturity, but she really shone here. She showed Momoka the importance of enjoying the present and overcame her own difficult past at school. Also, I bet the pink-haired girl is the one Nina was "forced" to apologize to.

It would be a messy and clumsy relationship if they really go for it, but it could be a beautiful love story.
@IzanaSolos I don't think Hina (he pink hair girl) is the one Nina was "forced" to apologize to. Because first of all, the hair of the girl Nina was forced to apologize to wasn't pink. And in episode 5 (or 6 I don't remember), there are hints that Hina may just not help Nina when she was bullied.
May 26, 5:40 PM

Jun 2019
ximeiyishi said:
Because first of all, the hair of the girl Nina was forced to apologize to wasn't pink.

How would that be a reason though? Pink isn't a natural hair color, so it's dyed pink, and it stands to reason that she just probably didn't have it dyed pink yet back then, because she dyed it pink as part of her appearance and persona for the idol band and because she probably wouldn't have been allowed to it have it done back when she was in that school.
May 26, 6:23 PM

May 2022
This may be the angriest anime I've ever seen. All this rage! Is it coming from the author? I respect the voice actors, but can they play any emotion other than anger?

Not trying to badmouth the show. I'm loving all this angry rock and roll passion. I can't wait for the next episode. And I'll probably be one of those people years from now saying: They should remake Girls Band Cry with better animation!
May 26, 6:58 PM
May 2024
Awful cgi. How can anyone stand this garbage show
May 26, 7:13 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to WatchTillTandava
ximeiyishi said:
Because first of all, the hair of the girl Nina was forced to apologize to wasn't pink.

How would that be a reason though? Pink isn't a natural hair color, so it's dyed pink, and it stands to reason that she just probably didn't have it dyed pink yet back then, because she dyed it pink as part of her appearance and persona for the idol band and because she probably wouldn't have been allowed to it have it done back when she was in that school.
@WatchTillTandava Hina was an ex-friend of Nina, not the same girl that bullied her. We don't know yet what happened between these two.
Every episode is better than the last!

@IndiaSpeaks501 I understand if CGI is not your taste, but the animation and production of this show have great quality overall. You can not like it, but to say that it is garbage is just exaggerating I think xd as if one can say the same thing about Land of Lustrous or Trigun remake by Studio Orange.
May 26, 10:13 PM

Dec 2014
Reply to Marinate1016
Tears in my eyes, best episode of the season. Chills all the way through. This is the best Yuri season of all time. We are eating so damn good.

Knew we were in for a treat when we opened up with a gorgeous Momoka 2D flashback. The parallels between the idealistic and free spirited Momoka that we saw there and Nina are unmistakable.

“Hit me. I’m used to it. You’ll finally give me a reason to hate you. You’ll be just like them” FUCK that cut deep. The gaslighting is a little crazy from Nina though considering she started the fight and was clearly egging Momoka on 😂

She might not be the best at coming across with how she feels, but as we saw, Nina does have good intentions. Momoka’s music helped her thru the darkest days of her life, so it’s understandable that Momoka quitting on their band would be gut wrenching. Especially when she’s doing it to “help” Nina and the others. To Nina, the only help she needs is being with her idol and making music.

Nina having her dad stop sending money is a bold, but lowkey good idea. When you constantly have crutches you can fall back on, it can hamper your development and growth. If she has to succeed to eat, it pushes you to new heights.

FINALLY the story of why Momoka and her old band broke up. I actually agree with her leaving in this case. Sacrificing who you are and the type of music you enjoy making for success might bring you clout and fans in the short term, but long term it’s such a soulless and unenjoyable experience. Meeting someone like Nina who sings with that same sort of joy she used to had to feel amazing for Momoka. But she’s gotta let go of that fear. Just take the next step forward.

THAT SLAP HOLY SHIT. Chills. Nina’s seiyuu needs an Emmy for what she did in this episode. That’s why I LOVE having people who aren’t conventionally trained as seiyuus in these shows. Feels so raw and authentic. Really felt her sincerely begging for her idol to just open her eyes and look at her in that moment.

In a darker anime Momoka might have got seriously injured or died when tried to avoid isekaing Nina there lmao. Thankfully this is a wholesome SoL music show 😭. Nice that DD finally got to talk to Momoka again if only briefly. Doesn’t have to be any hard feelings for people just going different directions in life.

AND THE BIGGEST THING WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT. A CONFESSION??!! Nah leaving any room for ambiguity. That’s the type of Yuri shit I love. Be direct. I felt some romantic/sexual tension in so many of their convos but I had to play it off telling myself that it was my Yuri brainrot fucking with me, but nope, I was right and so glad. I can’t wait to see what happens with this confession next episode. This and Yorukura back to back got us EATING.
@Marinate1016 Soulless and unenjoyable, true, but it sure beats starving and not having money to pay for rent... especially since they all dropped out of school to pursue the dream. Really like how the show demonstrates both sides as being valid.
I need sleep.
May 26, 11:01 PM
Jan 2021
It hits my Hearts i many ways, precious
May 27, 1:00 AM

Feb 2019
spicychile said:
@Marinate1016 Soulless and unenjoyable, true, but it sure beats starving and not having money to pay for rent... especially since they all dropped out of school to pursue the dream. Really like how the show demonstrates both sides as being valid.

Both are valid as long as it’s what you wanna do, but selling yourself out will wear on you over time as we see irl with artists who are shackled by labels.
May 27, 3:00 AM
May 2024
Reply to nicosb2810
@WatchTillTandava Hina was an ex-friend of Nina, not the same girl that bullied her. We don't know yet what happened between these two.
Every episode is better than the last!

@IndiaSpeaks501 I understand if CGI is not your taste, but the animation and production of this show have great quality overall. You can not like it, but to say that it is garbage is just exaggerating I think xd as if one can say the same thing about Land of Lustrous or Trigun remake by Studio Orange.
@nicosb2810 show is basically a shitcoin. Designs look like ass and anything this show did bang dream did much better and is marketed much better
May 27, 7:29 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to IndiaSpeaks501
@nicosb2810 show is basically a shitcoin. Designs look like ass and anything this show did bang dream did much better and is marketed much better
@IndiaSpeaks501 I have the first 3 Bang Dream seasons on my plan to watch, and I loved MyGO!!!! last year, but I think this show is an improve in terms of expresiveness and fluid animation from what I see in MyGO, but MyGO has superior direction and cinematography, both series have a different approach on the use of CGI. I think Girls Band Cry has a more grounded drama, too. In terms of marketing, I agree the superiority of Bang Dream, and all their bands have awesome music.
May 27, 3:58 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to IndiaSpeaks501
@IndiaSpeaks501 bro are you the same dude from the reddit weekly discussion thread who keep spamming about jellyfish and gbc being shitcoin? How angry are you actually lol.
May 27, 8:06 PM
Apr 2024
it's RETALLY girls band cry
May 27, 11:56 PM
Mar 2024
ximeiyishi said:

@WatchTillTandava In episode 5 (or 6 I don't remember), there is a scene where Nina and Hina talked in the school, Hina's hair was pink. And the conversation pointed out maybe Hina just didn't help Nina, not bullied Nina.
May 28, 1:11 AM
Apr 2022
Man, the 2D at the beginning there was kinda rough...I wonder if it was rushed, or there was a decision down the line and transition to 3D, but to leave the flashback scene in...I couldnt recognise the character at first...
But I've said multiple times in other shows, I fully support performance shows in full 3D, the consistency in the quality from going from music performances to story sequences usually make the show more pleasing to watch.

Very good episode! The best one yet!

I like that even with all these drama, theres still some cartoon humour. I feel that each drama in the episode is sorted out. Its not like you're hanging and waiting with trepidation week after week after week like MyGo, which had a more heavier despondence feeling.
May 28, 1:33 AM
Mar 2019
I'm so in love with the main characters. It's been a while since the last time I was so hooked in a story.
Nina and Momoka are so well written, their relationship is vivid, touching and feels so real. I don't want this anime to end
May 28, 5:09 AM

Jun 2019
ximeiyishi said:
In episode 5 (or 6 I don't remember), there is a scene where Nina and Hina talked in the school, Hina's hair was pink. And the conversation pointed out maybe Hina just didn't help Nina, not bullied Nina.

I'd have to rewatch those scenes. I think, as another user who responded previously seemed to indicate, that I was confusing her for another character.

May 28, 5:25 AM
Mar 2024
ximeiyishi said:
In episode 5 (or 6 I don't remember), there is a scene where Nina and Hina talked in the school, Hina's hair was pink. And the conversation pointed out maybe Hina just didn't help Nina, not bullied Nina.

I'd have to rewatch those scenes. I think, as another user who responded previously seemed to indicate, that I was confusing her for another character.

@WatchTillTandava sorry, I remembered it wrongly. There is a scene where Nina and Hina talked in the school but Hina's hair wasn't pink, she did dye her hair pink after she dropped out of school, but her hairstyle was still twin ponytails when she was in school. This is how I know that the person who bullied Nina wasn't her.
May 30, 12:53 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Genix
@NameLess_NEET Subaru is always happy. Besides being the main comic relief, she also brightens up the atmosphere with her personality. I like that.

Nina and Momoka are a great duo. It's wholesome how despite their clashy personalities, they really care for each other. Good to see them grow closer.
Genix said:
Subaru is always happy.

Subaru merely pretends to be happy. She's a habitual liar and acting continously. I wonder if there will be another episode focusing on her circumstances? Probably not, unless GBC gets a 2nd season?
May 30, 4:03 PM
Sep 2020
Hina was the person in the flashback who, as Nina was leaving/at the shoe locker, told Nina "it's your own fault" (idrc the exact Japanese line)
Jun 1, 12:03 AM
Oct 2020
HOLY SHIT I WASN'T EXPECTING A DECLARATION LIKE THAT!!! GODDAMMIT I LOVE YURI LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! PEAK EPISODE PEAK ANIME FUCK!!!!!
Jun 2, 5:54 AM

Nov 2009
nina saying to go ahead and hit her because she was used to it hit like a truck. it really emphasized how bad things got before she left home. this makes me more interested in her past but sad because it happened.
Jun 3, 12:06 AM
Sep 2021
THIS IS PEAK

BEST EPISODE I'VE WATCHED IN MY LIFE
so many highs and lows that i have ever felt in 24 minutes it's insane
Jun 5, 8:12 AM

Jul 2017
Momoka's flashback with her Diamond Dust members certainly paved the way for who she is, but things now are night and day.

Oh welp, when the tensions between Nina and Momoka will ever end, and it now feels that the latter is only in just because she feels like it. And just because this is the start for the 5 girls, doesn't mean that they've always have to be behind Diamond Dust all the time, forging a name for themselves that comes with exposure. And even if Tomo and Rupa are the inseparable duo, I always find myself concerned for Nina.

Momoka having a time to confront Nina and face reality with the new Diamond Dust after Momoka's ousting, it's working to be for or against it in such a harsh industry, which is reignited love for what the latter does, but that the former could not separate her present from her past, always running away when she feels like it. Even her former friends back up their claim when their promise was first made, and it's an all-out war between their past and present.

A messy relationship like Nina and Momoka's, truly deserve the peak Yuri treatment. Despite their differences, both girls have one thing in common: singing the songs they love and want to be heard. Great episode.
Jun 7, 9:27 AM
Apr 2020
There's a whole lot to unpack in this episode.

-Momoka clearly ain't happy about Nina dropping out of school to pursue music full time. Obviously, Nina's goal of beating out Diamond Dust in this state is a pretty frivolous objective, but Subaru is fortunately here to prove that the prospect of going pro isn't really as far fetched as Momoka thinks it is. Togenasbi Togeari gained enough buzz to be selected for the festival, and they've already blown well past the 20k follower mark that Diamond Dust achieved a couple episodes previously. Plus, Tomo and Rupa are onboard, and they have their eyes fully set on making it big.

-So now we get to see what happened in the immediate aftermath of one of Nina's bullying incidents. The school principal downplayed the incident as little more than a "small incident that escalated a bit" and wanted both parties to make up to each other, much to Nina displeasure. This is apparently what led Nina to break into the PA room and blast out that song all over the school.

On another note, I'm not sure why some people believe that the bully in that scene is the same as the pink haired girl who cut her off in the other flashback scene. Aside from the fact that Nina used to be friends with that girl, the bully in question has a completely different hairstyle. If these girls were one in the same, the two flashback scenes would've had to take place several months apart.

-Momoka gives some good insight into all the sacrifices a band has to make in order to break through into the big stages. While making and releasing your music out of sheer passion and creative ambition can earn the respect of critics, it doesn't usually translate to commercial success. In order to maintain profits under a record label, you need to create music that will catch people's attention in the current day and appeal to a big enough crowd. It's a dilemma that no artist wants to deal with, unless you're a de facto businessman like Chad Kroeger. Diamond Dust learned that the hard way when their record label steered them into making more mainstream friendly songs, and those became hits instead of the songs they poured their hearts into.

-Nina must've felt used when Momoka told her about the reason she formed a new band in the first place. Momoka saw a past version of herself in Nina, and she wanted to protect it. Nina strongly opposed to being viewed this way, and instead wanted Momoka to shift her focus onto maintaining her desire to reach and inspire people through her music.
Romax24245Jun 15, 4:13 AM
Jun 11, 10:20 AM

Aug 2015
This is great. I just hope they're not going to overplay that song so I get tired of it
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28

153 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 24, 4:45 PM

» GBC to receive smartphone game adaptation.

Tacsk0 - Aug 31

9 by akatsukinoluna »»
Sep 19, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

43 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 18, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 4 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 26

45 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 15, 1:53 PM

» Compilation Movie announced

AkeZZZ - Sep 13

7 by Tacsk0 »»
Sep 14, 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.