Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 8, 10:36 PM

Jun 2017
The score i think should be little higher, it is actually better than few anime with higher score...
Apr 8, 10:39 PM

Nov 2021
Really liking this anime so far
Apr 8, 11:17 PM

Sep 2018
I'm a sucker for anything with survival themes like Heavenly Delusion and Sounan Desu Ka?. Oops, no way to cook the food she brought, but at least they get to a "town" ...but I don't trust these mushroom people one bit. Rin and the Yuru Camp gang would be laughing at Shizuru's poor prep. It gives me a little more faith in the story that the idea of going back was addressed.

This one's going in a way more surreal direction, as established by that wacky opening scene, but I'm still really interested. It's about what I was hoping for after seeing the first episode. This is gonna be the one to look forward to every week.

I didn't feel that the argument between Akira and Remi was drawn out - getting to know the characters some more, and having more downtime moments, is what I think is needed.
Apr 9, 12:59 AM

Nov 2018
i'm hooked. thank you Japan Railway Service
Apr 9, 3:50 AM
Dec 2020
I don't understand why some people say that E2 is a downgrade from E1. Imo, Episode 2 gives us so many foreshadows. We get the foreshadows of how important the role of each character is. Now, we know Akira has good auditory skills, which makes her easily recognize those Morse codes. Reimi was good with her eyes. And Nadeshiko somehow became their "onee-san".

Also that map from Swan-Boat Guy, literally foreshadowed what we gonna face in future episodes.

This episode became a "click point" for me to keep watching this series.
Apr 9, 4:05 AM

Sep 2010
Maybe no more morse communication with the tracks torn up like that behind them. That's gotta stress Zenjirou out next episode.

The way that plant in the train is growing pretty big, maybe it'll provide some essential food for them.
TakataApr 9, 5:41 AM
Apr 9, 4:47 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to AkeZZZ
After big flooding or I would say tsunami and passing the Nazca Lines, they just reached Higashi Agano station!? 😲
In reality, the distance between Agano and Higashi Agano is only 4km and the traveling time between these two stations is only 5 mins.

This map is actually legit. Each symbol represent each stations in the Seibu Ikebukuro Line which has 31 stations in total. Square, circle and the diamond-shaped should also mean something that we don't know yet. The first station, Agano, is an animal literally mean people there were transformed into an animal. The second one is the mushroom and we also saw in this episode that people from Higashi Agano has mushroom on their head.
@AkeZZZ Nice details! Yup, 2nd episode hooked me more than the 1st. Considering we're on episode 2 out of 12, they'll have to speed-run most stations. Hopefully this anime will give us a decent conclusion. Unless they're planning another season(s).
Apr 9, 6:13 AM

Jun 2019
Stark700 said:
Zenjirou is a special kind of character and I can't help but laugh a bit when he rides in that swan boat thing.

Swan boat? The guy in that swan boat was a random vagrant self-declared researcher exploring the river, not Zenjirou. Zenjirou didn't come with them and isn't following them. He is back home in Agano with Youka's grandmother who turned into a guinea pig.

WatchTillTandavaApr 9, 7:11 AM
Apr 9, 6:39 AM

Jun 2020
The ED is beautiful. I guess every station gonna be different from each other and maybe we gonna a little by little understand what happened to world. Looks like they can’t communicate with home now
Apr 9, 8:53 AM
Jan 2024
The Post Apocalyptic theme along with the thoughtfulness as well as thoughtlessness of the girls brings up an interesting blend to this anime.
Apr 9, 8:58 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to YamiNoTensai
Brilliant episode. The Shuu shuu train has left the station!

Did you guys notice? The map that the swan man gave our girls may not be as bogus as we're made to believe. I had a feeling that it was going to be useful when they actually showed it to us.

the second picture is a mushroom which matches the new people that our girls have met.

There's a zombie in that map too and zombies in the op so that matches up.

Also, considering that this anime is happening in the present day (It aired on April 1st 2024 and it's currently April 1st 2024 in their world) Akira's prediction that it'd take 3 months for them to reach Ikebukuro may not be off
@YamiNoTensai The producers might actually match up the dates of the anime with the real world , but they shouldn't unnecessarily skip many stops without any proper explanation just to do it. That would hurt.
Apr 9, 9:26 AM
Apr 2022
@S-How-D That's probably what I'm worried about the most.
This anime seems to be confirmed 12 episodes. Unless they'll bring it back for another season I doubt that'll be enough to explore all the stops until Ikebukuro. So I hope that they manage to explore everything in a satisfying way if 12 eps is all the team have to work with . I really hope.
Apr 9, 11:04 AM

Nov 2023
Very interesting episode.

Story is developing with some twist and turns.
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Apr 9, 12:38 PM

Nov 2013
still have no idea what to think about this anime, i guess i'll just have fun with their random talks lol
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Apr 9, 12:57 PM
Mar 2018
they said the distances were longer but why ?
Apr 9, 1:15 PM

Jun 2019
Alex16 said:
they said the distances were longer but why ?

It was stated earlier that something to do with the incident stemming from the implementation of the 7G experiment altered the very physics of the universe, which would affect time and space. At least in Japan. We don't really know if it's something affecting the whole world beyond that because the communication network coverage area was supposed to only be for Japan, I believe.
Apr 9, 2:28 PM
Oct 2023
Ep.2 of Train to the End of the World did enough to maintain my interest, I guess. If anything, it kinda feels like a more psychology centric version of Dr. Stone… like a marriage between that and Odd Taxi.

Much like Odd taxi the dialogue in this show weighs a royal tonne, and is almost equally as entertaining. And maybe that element could make the dub a more enjoyable option? Plus the MC gals do have cartoonishly hilarious banter between themselves, which is my favourite element so far.

I think I’ll give this one till ep.3 to fully convince me…
Apr 9, 2:59 PM

Feb 2019
The girls are officially past the point of no return and there’s no choice but to head to Ikebukuro now, underprepared or not.

This second episode felt like it was mainly covering the girls’ anxieties and doubts about the journey. Leaving their hometown and setting out into the unknown with no supplies or prep was a little crazy and led to some arguments today, but after talking everything out and realising they have each other the girls push forward.

Again can’t emphasise enough how much I love the dialogue in this one. The seiyuus sound like normal people and the writing is so good so far that 24 minutes of just talking flew by in an instant. Nice mix of banter and serious conversations

I wonder if this is going to stay lighthearted or get a little darker. The map that they have with all the stops between Agano and Ikebukuro has various icons on it that seem to represent what happened to the people there. Agano for example has animals and all the people there turned into animals, next stop has mushrooms and the lady at the end has a mushroom sticking out her head.. there’s some really interesting places they can take this mystery and I hope they stick the landing over these 3 months🙏🏾

Art continues to be great 👌
Marinate1016Apr 9, 3:03 PM
Apr 9, 3:21 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
There's no turning back now that the wave caught the rails in its impact. The geography and physics are all messed up and the weird goose guy gave them a cryptic map that looks like gibberish. But I wonder if they'll come back to it and figure something out. For now, my hopes are on Zenjiro... and on that plant not growing to the point of eating them.

Good chemistry between the girls as well.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 9, 3:36 PM

Mar 2008
I didn't care much for the arguing segment even though it makes sense they would, just felt longer carried out that necessary.

I noticed no one mentioned it yet but this is the kind of phone system that is shown in the show.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_Handy-phone_System

AntwanMantilla said:
Though I can't help but question the validity of the morse code scene. Like is it actually possible to communicate at all like Zenjirou and Akira did, given the distance between the two?

It would cause vibrations in the track. How far this vibration travels i have no idea, cant find info on it. So it's plausible even if unlikely to go that far so just enough logic to make sense.
traedApr 9, 4:17 PM
Apr 9, 3:38 PM

Jul 2016
Not as remarkable as the first episode but I appreciate all the focus the girls' personalities received. Now we have a pretty clear image of the group's dynamic.
Apr 9, 3:51 PM
Apr 2023
Even tho those 2 first episodes are really good I still think It has much more potencial
Apr 9, 5:12 PM

Mar 2015
Aweh man no! This show for me is definitely a wildcard so far this season....
𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓷 𝓞𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓾 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓴𝓼. 𝓦𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓼 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓽.

"ℍ𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕒 𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝔻𝕒𝕪!" - 𝕂𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕟 𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕙𝕝𝕖; 𝕃𝔸 𝔹𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕥
Apr 9, 7:22 PM

Jun 2020
It's cool how they were actually going to go back for more supplies, but I guess it's impossible now... I don't understand why the loli and gyaru are arguing so much for money when there is literally no stores anyways. I wonder if all the weird imagery is going to be explained or is just there for the aesthetic.

Lucky you, lucky you
must be nice to have everyone love you

"No, I've always been alone."
Apr 9, 9:18 PM

Sep 2021
Another solid episode. It did a good job establishing the characters and got some funny and intriguing bits aswell. I also really liked the music, especially during the train scene.
Apr 9, 10:06 PM
May 2023
It was this episode when that notion "just" crossed my mind, that this is basically an anime adaptation of the song Casey Jones by the Grateful Dead
Apr 10, 12:30 AM

Jan 2023
That map... I see, not only animals, trees, or mushrooms. Can't wait for the zombie fest.
Apr 10, 1:03 AM
Apr 2021
Another solid ass episode and tbh this was a little better than the first episode to me and not bc of the plot the plot is so unique and cool I love it, it’s just that SOLELY and I mean solely for the reason that the dialogue was slower this time and not so fucking fast paced like it was last episode, it felt like a Saiki K episode but more confusing and less funny yk💀💀

So Shizuru and the gang are off to Ikekuburo and have no choice but to go now since the railway got destroyed by that flash tsunami which was crazy to see bc how the hell does a flash tsunami even happen??? This show is crazy with the mystery aspect it’s so cool🤩

I love Reimi and Akira their constant bickering is so funny yet endearing to me and cute bc we al know they love each other even if they diss each other🤣🥰

Wtf was that at the end?? Why the hell does that women have a mushroom on her head?? And why does the mushroom match the symbol on the second circle on the map that that old gramps gave them? I think each picture on each circle has something to do with what the people in said station look like🤔

This show is definitely getting watched every week I need to figure out how much more weirder this story can get🔥🔥🔥
Apr 10, 1:58 AM
Aug 2022
Jesus Christ the ending song slaps
Apr 10, 3:45 AM

May 2014
7G effected everyone differently, soo is this mushroom head town? That's not so bad.

I do like this show. I can't quite tell if it'll stay funny and weird or get brutal dark. Could do both.
Apr 10, 6:01 AM

Jul 2017
The girls are indeed traversing through the Seibu Ikebukuro train, though Shizuru still needs some work in learning how to drive a train, espeically from Zenjiro, who can only convert into a human for 5 minutes. Despite some strain on money, the girls do have necessities from Agano...but definitely not all the way to Ikebukuro. Their nearest stop is Higashi-Agano, but that even takes some time. Both Akira and Reimi definitely had their strains, but the bitter melon and the fog with a Komassie on the Koma River, that's definitely not a loch ness monster.

An old man on the swan boat claiming he's from Ikebukuro, him coming to Koma River for research, the girls are not convinced that he's here to help them, and they end up going ahead instead. Aside from that, the girls bond in their strange, but natural humanly ways. And with the water level rising and Zenjiro's contact through Morse code, thankfully, the water levels receded...to enforce a large tsunami tide, forcing the girls to ride against the current as fast as possible. With the tracks totally broken, they've no way but to head to Ikebukuro to find their other friend, thereby reaching Higashi-Agano safely...meeting people with mushroom on their heads.

A sense of discovery, this show still has got it.
Apr 10, 8:47 AM

Oct 2007
a slight improvement. This episode is easier on the ears than the first one.

so far, the most interesting thing I saw is their dog looks cute. lol

everything else feels so weird. And it's the boring kind of weird.
Apr 10, 9:26 AM
Sep 2017
Wow this ep really really piqued my interest! Especially when the tide comes, it's quite epic IMO!
This ep gives me a quite high hope man!
Apr 10, 9:41 AM
Aug 2020
it was again another good episode

i will be there for the next ep
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 10, 10:46 AM

Oct 2011
(Writing my thoughts as I watch)

Honestly I died a little with them when they were speeding and couldn't slow down, but the "Now I know what they mean by memento mori' took me out.

I love how Nadeko is the only voice of reason there lol, really the characters are unique and fun, they really make this show.

That morse code... Would it work that way? I know there is weird stuff happening all around but still, something like this kinda breaks the immersion for me.
I also wonder if tsunami wouldn't just smash them to pieces but well, I guess it was all just for the action.
But if the rails got destroyed they will no longer use that morse code, right?
Right?

Oho, we got weird stuff drawn in the crops.

I guess I like this episode a little less than the first one. For now I'd give it 6/10.
Apr 10, 12:53 PM
Jun 2023
this has some of the worst dialogue ive ever seen so far. I like the art and the concepts, but if the dialogue doesnt improve, then this is going to be the biggest waste of potential and skill that ive seen in a long time.
Apr 11, 5:11 AM

Jan 2017
I was shortly reminded by the fact that these girls were actually grade-schoolers after being annoyed at how they were taking the whole train trip so lightly by ranting and arguing about nonsense stuffs and all, but well it made the anime seem realistic in a way so I had no choice but to brush that emotion away lol. Nadeshiko (the one with pigtails) is the only one nearly sane (and mature enough) in this group, I guess.
The morse code communication with Zenjiro got my blood pumping, plus the tsunami, and now we're back into action. Kinda creeped out by the cliffhanger with those adults with mushrooms on top of their heads and slow burn realizing they will be plants later on rather than animals...now that's something to watch for!
Loving this anime by now~
sakurasyinksApr 11, 5:17 AM
Apr 11, 1:50 PM

Nov 2011
Ending rocks! This particular post apo version reminds me a bit Ayuta manga.
Apr 11, 4:58 PM

Sep 2023
They really did not plan this months long journey very thoroughly with just a few snacks and no spare panties.

The art and animation is really great and it's pretty funny, plus the world building is quite interesting.
Apr 11, 5:37 PM
Feb 2015
The return of ikemen elite Zenjiro, glad he's not one episode plot device but a mentor to our girl. Can't believe they don't think much before going on adventure and not doing any preparation, how can they survive the harsh world.

The water risisng so fast and the plant growing rapidly and the last mushroom head citizen, are the plant taking over as host of the citizen. Hmmm
Apr 11, 6:03 PM

Aug 2020
This series values scenario and contemplative moments. I miss this in modern anime.

Apr 12, 1:12 PM

Nov 2015
the arguing dragged on a bit too long. i love the scenery though and the ED is great
Apr 12, 5:26 PM
Jul 2021
Pretty hectic and can’t quite say I took anything away lol, but I’m curious to watch another episode and see where this is all going.
Apr 13, 3:54 AM
Oct 2019
ahh yes, the chemistry and banter between the girls are great.

that map might actually legit, now the mushroom people appear at the end of this episode.

Let them COOK!! this might actually be a hidden gem from this STACKED season.
davidyodo24Apr 13, 4:43 AM
Apr 13, 7:03 AM
Feb 2023
Did they just set up a way to communicate with their home town (and one of the most knowledgable people in the anime) only to completely destroy it half a minute later? :D

Man, this anime is good. And I love the OST. I already really liked the "important moment" theme from the end of the last episode, and now they cranked that up to 11 with the tsunami wave scene.
Apr 13, 7:28 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow what a scene. Who could've thought the beautiful river can swallow you with its huge wave? If only there's a clue of why its happening tho. After some fighting, dynamic exchange among our girls, and meet up a strange person riding a swan-boat. Tsunami appeared and they can't going back home, putting off their early resignation lol. Wonder what's Zenjiro do in the next day?

I am honestly worry about the pace of this show, as how its goes they might making this a one episode per stop? 30 more stops ahead? But looking at the map they've manage to trade off, actually contains an interesting doodle, whatever its means honestly.

Some said there's zombie, more monsters ahead, i guess they might go to the sky as well with the floating people, jumping the cloud, idk, and then jellyfish? So after traveling above the earth, they go down below the sea level? Lol okay sure. Edit: Also, i wonder if those square and diamond shape-like actually their episode stops since this show may only serve as a one season only. Quote Akira word of the ride gonna take a three months to finish? Lol if that's so then the next episode gonna wild since its contains a lot of station stop. Idk....

As i said, perhaps pacing kinda be doubtful so far, with all of those many stops ahead. But its still interesting to ser how their adventure gonna end up. Doin good or bad, let's see....
badabassApr 13, 7:42 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 14, 6:28 PM

May 2022
Shizura is awful at packing a bug out bag. Reimi would be great at it.

That wave. Oh my.

I don't trust those mushroom heads at all. Are they people turning into mushrooms or mushroom parasites who've taken the bodies of people?

The bickering in this episode is exactly what I'd expect from the girls after they took this leap into the unknown. But they'll have to rely on themselves as a group because they cannot trust anyone else, and they're going to appreciate one another a lot more by the time they reach their goal.

Also, Takaoka's Travels will definitely be going on my to-read list!
Apr 14, 9:28 PM
Oct 2015
RobertBobert said:
Not sure what to think about the fact that this show seems to be pretty focused on talking. But for now, the pace and development of the story seems pretty smooth. It truly feels like a journey.

ever watched Bakemonogatari series?
Apr 15, 12:42 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to shrade117
RobertBobert said:
Not sure what to think about the fact that this show seems to be pretty focused on talking. But for now, the pace and development of the story seems pretty smooth. It truly feels like a journey.

ever watched Bakemonogatari series?
@shrade117 What does this have to do with my comment?
Apr 15, 9:39 AM

Jun 2019
RobertBobert said:
What does this have to do with my comment?

He or she probably brought it up because it's a known dialogue-heavy series.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24

118 by badabass »»
Sep 1, 6:14 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10

67 by badabass »»
Sep 1, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3

60 by badabass »»
Sep 1, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27

77 by badabass »»
Aug 30, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20

103 by badabass »»
Aug 14, 6:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.