Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 7, 1:09 AM

Sep 2020
It really sucks when your day peaks at 4 in the morning. Now I have to go through today thinking that nothing can top this 20-minute sequence of pure awesomeness. Maybe if United beat Liverpool today but you can't rely on those bozos.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Apr 7, 1:13 AM
Apr 2020
The pacing in this arc is more acceptable than second half of wano. Excellent animation, I just wish that they did not cut away from the fight that much.
Apr 7, 1:41 AM
Oct 2018
One of the best episodes!
Apr 7, 1:49 AM

Oct 2009
1100!!!

That was so good!!! We eating good!!
Lucci's awakening is just a power up, no special abilities? Don't see how he could pose any threat to Luffy, if he fights seriously.

Interesting revelation about the Devil Fruits..
Apr 7, 1:49 AM
Jul 2022
why did luffy not use future sight to stop lucci's attack ?
Apr 7, 2:07 AM

Jan 2016
Reply to samsince04
@AnimeMastery Power scalers gotta power scale ig. I don't see how Lucci barely holding his own against Luffy equates to him being able to fight Big Mom or Kaido 1v1. It was impressive from Lucci I must say, but he's clearly being set up to get rag-dolled here.
@samsince04

So Kaido makes this statement himself when Luffy crosses that line. When he struck Kaido with Ryou he responded with "Only a few strong men in the world can use this technique, are you telling me your on their level?"

In the same way, Luffy hit Kaido and he struggled to stand up, Lucci stood right back up, "barely an inconvenience" as it were. "Struggling to hold his own" is not the impression you get from this fight sequence. They even give Lucci a divine aura or ribbon. While I agree Luffy will smack him to the floor post haste, the idea Lucci is deified and can even take a punch is absurd in my opinion.

@Kaitaka12

Yes, I'm aware it's a writer's convenience, though I think contrivance is more accurate as it was forced to happen this way. It is a common technique and used a ton across all of media, I'm also able to disagree with it's uses on a case by case basis and/or its fundamental use. DBZ's uses of it aren't any better. Popular/Established Character > Sell More > Create more content. With the connection of Ohara and Robin, Lucci was an obvious choice to revive from the character graveyard.
Apr 7, 2:08 AM

Dec 2011
They did it justice and even more. Amazing episode with just peak animation xD
Apr 7, 2:29 AM
Feb 2024
GEAR 5 LUFFY VS ROB LUCCI!
One Piece
Apr 7, 2:43 AM

Feb 2008
What an amazing animation we got for this episode!
And, IMO, the way they decided to portray Gear 5, works so much better with this arc's art style than the art used in Wano.
Apr 7, 3:04 AM
May 2021
Hahaa seeing Luffy using gear 5 absolutely peak shit… KISS MY ASS!!
Apr 7, 3:06 AM

Nov 2018
Absolutely breathtaking.
What an episode! Full banger from beginning to end.
New OSTs were also fire.
_aLiez_LINApr 7, 3:09 AM
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Apr 7, 3:10 AM
Apr 2021
dv<dsvsv<sdv<svd
Apr 7, 3:18 AM
Nov 2022
Gear 5 transformation looks amazing much better than earlier.
Fight animation looks great. Also they dropped a lot of lore in this one.
Apr 7, 3:31 AM
Oct 2020
This was a masterpiece
Apr 7, 3:31 AM
Jun 2022
Luffy Vs Lucci [Round 2]

This..Episode....This Fight......
Every single THING in the GOD DAMN EPISODE from starting to END was GoD TieR!!!!!!!!!...THIS BY FAR THE BEST FIGHT OF 2024 and ONE OF THE BEST ANIMATIONS OF ONE PIECE [NO CAP]....
IT was Simply Incredible!...
Vegapunk TOLD US ABOUT THE ORIGIN of DEVIL FRUITS!!!๐Ÿ’€ + The Way VegaPunk's and The Straw Hats learned about the Mystery behind Luffy's Devil Fruit...The way they got shocked make me more and more HYPE at that moment ๐Ÿฅถ + THE DRUMS OF LIBREATION!! ๐Ÿคฉ the WAY LUFFY STARTED GOING INTO GEAR 5 was soooo soooo soo UNIQUE, COOL and BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ.... + THE ANIMATIONS๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’€โ˜ ๏ธGuyz..do you remember that this IS a WEEKY ANIME ????? bcz the QUALITY OF ANIMATIONS THEY PROVIDED IN THIS DAMN EPISODE WAS BEYOND PEAKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE WAY THEY SHOWED TRANSFORMATION OF ROB LUCCI was โ˜ ๏ธโ˜ ๏ธ..SIMPLY INCREDIBLE!!!!! and the ANIMATIONS at the Starting of the FIGHT was Extremely Smooth it was like taijutsu from a NARUTO SHIPPUDEN FIGHT.............
I also love that as the FIGHT was continuing they keep LEVELING UP THERE ANIMATIONS QUALITY till the EPISODE ENDED lol..

IDK how the hell TOEI is managing this but THEY SHOULD DIFFENTLY GET THE APPREICIATION THEY DESERVE for sure...
also Next WEEK is break which was so Obvious after seeing the PEAKNESS of this EPISODE ๐Ÿ”ฅ...
Now Some People may not agree but this is my Opinion that The ANIMATIONS OF THIS EPISODE WAS DIFFENETLY SUPIERIOR THAN SOLO LEVELING EPISODE 11 [I LOVE THAT EPISODE ].....
But This..This was Absolutely INSANE!

One Piece Never Disappoints! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ”ฅ

'

RoGkhenwaYMay 12, 5:34 AM
Apr 7, 3:44 AM
Feb 2020
I am sorry to say, but that super fast pace toon animation is not that good imo. If it gets more dark and not that stupid then it will get better. I know sun god nika playing fool and luffy's character is the reason for all this, but i think it loses in so many levels.
Apr 7, 3:54 AM
Jun 2022
Reply to DoctorWasabi
Peak cinema, peak fiction, peak literally everything. I genuinely feel bad to those who don't watch One Piece

Fucking stellar

DoctorWasabi said:
Peak cinema, peak fiction, peak literally everything.
๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Apr 7, 4:01 AM
Jan 2023
Episode of the year is here !!!!!
Apr 7, 4:02 AM
Feb 2022
bruh that was some really good shit right there even the animation looked really impressive
btw are we getting a three week recap ep? cause i heard that manga's going on 3 weeks break?
Apr 7, 4:03 AM
Mar 2020
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
On April 8th, 2024, Episode 1100 featuring Luffy vs. Lucci will air.

On April 8th, 2007, Luffy vs. Lucci was fighting in Episode 304.

17 years for a rematch .

Akihiro Ota and Vincent Chansard are at it again for this episode

Goddamn the transformation

So you can't even read a calendar? Respect!
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

May 2020
another amazing episode
gear 5 will never not be hype
cant wait for more

Apr 7, 4:17 AM
Dec 2015
The more One Piece escalates ,the more it becomes legendary.
Apr 7, 4:30 AM
Mar 2024
Animation is PEAK
Apr 7, 4:43 AM

May 2015
The first thing that came to my mind when Vegapunk gave us yet another lore bomb was the narration from the second opening (November 2000, but the monologue actually comes from chapter 100, released in August 1999):
"Inherited will...
The tide of the times...
People's dreams...
These things cannot be stopped.
As long as people seek the answer to freedom,
These things will never cease to be!"

Amazing episode, but Sentoumaru's fate was as predictable as a former boss getting nerfed when joining your party in a video game.
Lucci getting the hagoromo scarf instead of losing his mind like those Impel Down guards feels a bit like a retcon given that he's supposed to be a simple leopard instead of some leopard god.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it was nice of them to have Luffy do the OG Gear Second pose once more since the first time he used it was during the Enies Lobby arc.
El-MelloiApr 7, 11:03 AM
Apr 7, 4:43 AM
Jun 2017
One piece Hands down is the greatest manga.
Beautiful effin anime!!!!
Apr 7, 4:47 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
One hit and Lucci changed the destiny of the battle!
kekeke
Apr 7, 4:58 AM

May 2023
Peak animation, Peak fight, Peak transformations, Peak everything. PEAK PIECE NEVER CATCHING AN L RAHHH
Apr 7, 5:07 AM

Jul 2007
Reply to AnimeMastery
I'm Sorry, but I find this to be disgraceful. Like Power Creeping Freeza up to Goku god level... Are you kidding me?...

Luffy had to go through hell fighting 2 emperor's of the sea and their crews, get to a sealed off island nation and be taught ryou in a prison, Fought Kaido until he literally died and Lucci just strolls in like, yeah, I lift weights too bro... F That!

I get that Lucci has access to training and info from the world government... but your telling me Lucci could fight Big Mom, Kaido, or the Navy Admirals 1v1? Cuz that's what your telling me when he fights, Sun God Nika Emperor Luffy without getting his face cratered in 0.05 seconds.

"Manifestation of their desires..." Lucci just wanted it bad enough... etc. No, I don't buy it.

Koby I was willing to let slide cuz it was Garp training him, but Lucci...
@AnimeMastery

Actually, it was a filler. He never got hit directly in base form in the manga like it was shown in the anime. This is not DBZ. Not everything is dictated by power levels. Different characters and races have specific attributes that provide them weaknesses and strengths to their characters and every devil fruit these types of characteristics, such as Zoan types like Kaido and Rob lucci having very strong defense and endurance where they are able to tank a tremendous amount of damage and because Rob Lucci has awakened, this makes his defense even more iron clad. It does not matter if you have someone like Shanks go up against rob lucci, his attacks wouldn’t damage lucci as much as they would damage someone like sabo. Or if shanks allowed him self to get stabbed by just a fodder character, he would probably die because he’s just a normal human being not a zoan monster like kaido.
Shanks’ true strength lies in his haki advancements and his battle experience with the sword. Mihwak same thing, if he actually let someone kill him, anyone can do it. Likewise if luffy punched someone like greenbull who is not a zoan or logia type, he would probably collapse immeadetly if he took the full blow.

I am just trying to make you realize there isn’t some invincible power shield or level of chi that surrounds characters in OP like there is in DBZ. Battles in one piece are more complicated than that and it’s their DF abilities combined with their haki skill and experience on the battlefield is what makes them strong.

Now with that all being said, it’s clear that luffy is not in any way shape or form going all out, he’s not using high lvls of advanced haki applications like he did with kaido. So, to say that Lucci is on the same level as kaido is preposterous.
ArtimesGamerApr 7, 5:52 AM

Apr 7, 5:12 AM

Apr 2018
gear 5th was beautiful as usual, but lucci's transformation deserves some praise as well. this was just insane.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 7, 5:36 AM

Aug 2013
yooo that made me sweat
Apr 7, 5:51 AM

May 2016
Damn that episode animation ๐Ÿฅฐ https://x.com/jack_anim/status/1776938019590746166
Apr 7, 6:45 AM
Dec 2017
Amazing episode. Fun animation, fun moments, amazing shots and very very good directing. Lucci shouldn't be able to touch Luffy and he wasn't able to get a solid hit in.
Apr 7, 6:51 AM

Jan 2016
Reply to ArtimesGamer
@AnimeMastery

Actually, it was a filler. He never got hit directly in base form in the manga like it was shown in the anime. This is not DBZ. Not everything is dictated by power levels. Different characters and races have specific attributes that provide them weaknesses and strengths to their characters and every devil fruit these types of characteristics, such as Zoan types like Kaido and Rob lucci having very strong defense and endurance where they are able to tank a tremendous amount of damage and because Rob Lucci has awakened, this makes his defense even more iron clad. It does not matter if you have someone like Shanks go up against rob lucci, his attacks wouldn’t damage lucci as much as they would damage someone like sabo. Or if shanks allowed him self to get stabbed by just a fodder character, he would probably die because he’s just a normal human being not a zoan monster like kaido.
Shanks’ true strength lies in his haki advancements and his battle experience with the sword. Mihwak same thing, if he actually let someone kill him, anyone can do it. Likewise if luffy punched someone like greenbull who is not a zoan or logia type, he would probably collapse immeadetly if he took the full blow.

I am just trying to make you realize there isn’t some invincible power shield or level of chi that surrounds characters in OP like there is in DBZ. Battles in one piece are more complicated than that and it’s their DF abilities combined with their haki skill and experience on the battlefield is what makes them strong.

Now with that all being said, it’s clear that luffy is not in any way shape or form going all out, he’s not using high lvls of advanced haki applications like he did with kaido. So, to say that Lucci is on the same level as kaido is preposterous.
@ArtimesGamer

No one said there wasn't different base stats. Normal Human Def 5, Zoan Def 50.
What I'm trying to "make you realize" is, the jump from being beaten by gear 2 to being able to fight in ANY sense gear 5, is too much of a gap to jump outside main character status.

Oda has a habit of bringing back characters into relevance, many shows do, but when the gap is SSJ1 Goku beating Frieza, to god mode level Goku contender, it becomes "preposterous"

Yes, it's clear luffy isn't going all out, but we know without Haki without Ryou, Luffy's awakened blows hurt Kaido. So every punch from Luffy gear 5 should be measured in increments of Kaido Damage.

Further, the fact Luffy isn't going all out is an insult. Luffy is the walking embodiment of liberation. The whole first moments are Luffy's righteous anger over someone (A government someone) hurting a nice person (Food Friend), but not enough anger to actually put a rabid dog down? Let me stretch this fight out cuz "this is going to be fun" trumps anger over malicious government violence? Which lead to another friend being hurt...

Why take the time to deify Lucci with a divinity ribbon? If not to establish Lucci's accension to "Power(s) (Plural) on a Different Level" as the episode title implies. It feels like power creeping an old character back to relevance was my main point, not explained canonically, but out of convenience.

Lucci was a convenient character to bring back to hold Luffy on Egghead while others gather. It is my opinion, that despite looking visually amazing, Lucci should not be anywhere near, gear 5 power. Perhaps as more is explained about awakening, it may make more sense, but not currently. Lucci does not rise to the level of Ulquiora or other notable rank and file individuals which warrant special treatment, if you ask me.
AnimeMasteryApr 7, 7:01 AM
Apr 7, 7:38 AM
Mar 2018
This episode was amazing. The music was also on top. Made the scenes so much better!
Apr 7, 9:00 AM
Jul 2013
๐Ÿ”ฅ Luffy Gear 5 vs Lucci CP0 ๐Ÿ”ฅ

Today my eyes saw art, and again thanks to One fucking Piece.

โ–ซIncidentally, we all saw that Luffy is stronger than Lucci, the latter has not laid a finger on our captain throughout the fight.
Apr 7, 9:03 AM
Dec 2022
best episode of the arc yet
Apr 7, 9:28 AM
Nov 2023
axyeno prosto !1111
Apr 7, 9:29 AM
Sep 2019
MONKEY D LUFFY MADAFAKIN GOAT. GGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD

Apr 7, 10:08 AM
Mar 2024
Gear 5 at it's peak
Apr 7, 11:14 AM

Aug 2018
Finally episode 1100
Finally the awaited fight worth the hype
It's already one of my favorite OP episodes of all time...
Gear 5 is perfect, I loved seeing the other straw hats reaction, and Vegapunk explaining the awakening stuff, it's actually very well written, since One Piece was always about idealism and caricature.
I loved seeing Sentomaru again, what a funny character, looking forward to see what's gonna happen to him and if Luffy's gonna have a new transformation, I'm not a manga reader.

10/10
Apr 7, 12:09 PM
Dec 2014
What an incredible rematch! It's enthralling to witness Luffy masterfully command his transformation with such finesse. Truly a masterpiece of storytelling and animation. This episode easily ranks among my favorites
Apr 7, 12:19 PM
Jul 2022
He Back. RIP Pigeonguy
Apr 7, 1:34 PM

Apr 2013
So many memories from their first fight!!

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Apr 7, 3:34 PM
Sep 2021
THIS IS THE PEAK OF ANIME
Apr 7, 4:33 PM
Aug 2023
peak monkey d luffy
Apr 7, 4:46 PM
Aug 2021
GEAR 5๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅโ€ผ๏ธโ€ผ๏ธโ€ผ๏ธโ€ผ๏ธโ€ผ๏ธ
Apr 7, 6:13 PM
Apr 2021
it's kinda funny how luffy when he first did all of that climax with lucci it was like a lot more serious nowadays they're taking it very hilariously๐Ÿ˜‚
Apr 7, 7:05 PM
Apr 2020
peak, nun else to say
Apr 7, 7:13 PM
Mar 2019
waited for this rematch 1 year XD
Apr 7, 8:31 PM
Jul 2022
Great episodie! Go Luffy!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 890 Discussion

blank - Jun 22, 2019

49 by FedeMetal »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1093 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 10

95 by nickehhhhhh »»
Today, 3:27 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1092 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jan 27

59 by nickehhhhhh »»
Today, 2:42 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1106 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 25

42 by Sun_Chan »»
Today, 12:19 AM

» Why the pacing of the One Piece anime is actually good.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 27

46 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
Yesterday, 7:48 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.