Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 11:31 AM

Jun 2023
Yo what an amazing episode!
Fight scenes were just perfectly animated.
Jin-Wo is getting so much stronger now and he even was able to defeat a dungeon boss!
Can't wait to see his strength increasing!
He also got items and understands that "game" now.

Jan 27, 11:35 AM
Feb 2023
Sokah said:
So he goes from not being able to beat 1 wolf, to being able to just beat 2, to being able to beat 20, then being able to solo a boss unarmed that is stronger than the boss on the street that a full team with gear couldn't beat.

You know how Force Awakens sucked in part because Rey was a Mary Sue who could beat a Sith Lord trained by Luke Skywalker despite having never used a sword before?

This guy is 100x worse.

Also the fight scenes were pretty terrible.

Oh well, wasn't expecting much but this is well below.

You do know atleast he levels up and gains power the more he defeats… Rey is just Mary Sue
Jan 27, 11:38 AM
Feb 2023
So thankfully this episode didn’t have any cliffhanger. The boss scene was animated in a great way. The wolves animation were just okay. He levelled up and gained more confidence, I actually like that.

The pacing was good here compared to the last episode. This is the second best episode and that’s good. If this episode btw ended in a cliffhanger I would have stopped watching till all the episodes ended. I hope the animation gets better. Soundtrack and voice acting and even dialogue were powerful. The story is generic but so what? I am enjoying it.
Jan 27, 11:38 AM
Jan 2022
I liked this episoade,keep it up
Jan 27, 11:47 AM

Mar 2015
Pretty good adaption so far.
They animated pretty much everything that i can remember.
Only adding/leaving out some stuff here an there but no serious changes yet.
Jan 27, 11:49 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
My prediction was right. Horrible start from previous ep but turn over quick in either ep 4 or 5. This is good chara development.
Jan 27, 11:53 AM

Aug 2018
Sung Jin-Woo's voice actor is something special.
Jan 27, 11:57 AM

Feb 2016
He's changing his physical appearance, so we are seeing the true nature of this character. He will be THE STRONGEST. I'm glad of him overcoming all these big bosses with his actual level. Big will, courage, love. Now he's on his own way, and nobody can't stop him. Keep leveling, Sung Jinwoo.
Jan 27, 11:58 AM

Jan 2008
I just tell myself not to think too much about how flawed the world's mechanics are or how strangely convenient things are for him as he's the protagonist and just enjoy the fight scenes. Here's hoping to see him level up from his baby face as he's starting to actually level up.
Jan 27, 12:00 PM
Jan 2023
Truly follows the manga's high expectations!
Jan 27, 12:12 PM
Jan 2021
The Episode 4 is Amazing
Jan 27, 12:21 PM

Apr 2016
Reply to Yaggamy
Radical_Orion said:
Again, more tutorial-esque episode. It's like watching a video game playthrough.
Generic monsters, generic fights, absolutely nothing at stake, no sense of danger, not worried for characters, nothing to lose, cheap pseudo-cliffhangers just to push people to buy the source material.
Disappointing so far. Surely overhyped...
Here we go again with the "just wait for next episode" with promise of the story really taking off next week... they say that every week :/
If at least the S-class guys in the first episode had done something impressive/catchy... but if this was supposed to be a teasing for the top hunters... yikes.

I'm not officially giving a rating to a show until episode 12, so I'll wait, but so far, it's between a 4/10 and 5/10 with essentially no potential for rewatch. Sorry to break it to you.

Did we even watch the same episode???
- It's episode 4 and he was level one. Why wouldn't he be in a tutorial-esque situation?
- Nothing at stake? He could've died at any given moment!
- Cliffhanger? What are you talking about? This episode didn't have a cliffhanger.
- The monster was really well animated and wasn't a generic one because there aren't anymore similar ones in the story. Orc are generic monsters in the series, they show up a lot.
Yaggamy said:

You truly believe the main character is going to die?

A good story with a relatable and engaging stake is "what is the worse that could happen to MC?" , and usually, if it's just death, we know it's not going to happen, so, pretty bland, sorry. A well written story gets you with true uncertain stakes.

Yaggamy said:
- Cliffhanger? What are you talking about? This episode didn't have a cliffhanger.

Cliffhangers in plural as I'm refering to previous episodes and overall serie so far, even mentioned first episode :/

Yaggamy said:
- It's episode 4 and he was level one. Why wouldn't he be in a tutorial-esque situation?

4 episodes of padding for that? It could have been done in 1 episode and half, EASILY.

Sorry but the TRUTH had to be told. I understand that the truth hurts sometimes...
Jan 27, 12:23 PM

Sep 2018
This episode was actually enjoyable now the show has done away with all pretence about him being the weakest and just fallen in line with the usual OP power fantasy dynamic.

All that's left now is him "thinking" he's weaker than he is. Oh I just took that boss down by throwing a broken sword at it, well the hunters must have worn it down otherwise that would never have happened, right!?

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 27, 12:29 PM
Jun 2022
stunning animation and the emotions are there too so I eagerly await the next ep
Jan 27, 12:30 PM
May 2022
Awesome animation!
Jan 27, 12:31 PM

Jun 2023
A1, you’ve done it again.

The quality of this episode was outstanding!
Jan 27, 12:35 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Does he have to sound like Eren though? Ugh... Well, that part is over at least. Gonna be more fun watching without the whining.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jan 27, 12:42 PM

Feb 2019
guess her PTSD is still going strong, but unlike Jinwoo, she doesn't have any goal she wants to achieve or any motivation to get over her weakness. but dang! that was one heckuva throw, and that tanker knew it wasn't them who took down the golem's barrier.
Jan 27, 12:42 PM
Feb 2023
Radical_Orion said:
Yaggamy said:

You truly believe the main character is going to die?

A good story with a relatable and engaging stake is "what is the worse that could happen to MC?" , and usually, if it's just death, we know it's not going to happen, so, pretty bland, sorry. A well written story gets you with true uncertain stakes.

Yaggamy said:

Cliffhangers in plural as I'm refering to previous episodes and overall serie so far, even mentioned first episode :/

Yaggamy said:

4 episodes of padding for that? It could have been done in 1 episode and half, EASILY.

Sorry but the TRUTH had to be told. I understand that the truth hurts sometimes...

You again? Even after something happened other than criticising you hated and now said false things to justify it. Like atleast watch the episode man… Dude stop watching because the truth of the matter is this anime isn’t for you
Jan 27, 12:45 PM
Oct 2021
So kind of the huge pack of wolves to fail to bite him once despite outnumbering him 10 to 1. Without any armor, he should have died 10 times over. But I guess he shouted hard enough, so he won?
Jan 27, 12:48 PM

Jul 2022
i hope he transforms soon cuz i can't take any more of thsiisi

Dec 2011
I'm a manhwa reader and I'm waiting for Jinwoo to have his goodlooking form to watch the anime.
So is he good looking in episode 4 ?

I want to see him powerfull (the only reason we read the manhwa)

Jan 2021
This was sick so glad I didn’t read the source material and waited for the adaptation Jinwoo got that dawg in him fr 🔥🔥🔥
Jamk_Jan 29, 2:28 PM
Jan 27, 12:55 PM
Feb 2021
aight, we've reached the power fantasy trip from this point. goodbye.
Jan 27, 12:55 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
A1 is going all-in with this animation. Crazy good episode, idc if ppl say it is nothing special, i just having so much fun!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jan 27, 1:08 PM
Dec 2023
I guess you could say he's solo leveling
Jan 27, 1:11 PM
Jun 2012
This episode flitted around with exceptional animation.

Then on par animation. Almost glaringly so.

It would've been something incredible if it could've kept that quality. For the entire runtime.

Instead of short bursts. Interspread with massive drops back down to "normal".

Hopefully, they smooth this out moving forward. I really want this to be special.
Jan 27, 1:12 PM

Jan 2011
the action is good but i dont like how the main character is the only one who can get stronger
Jan 27, 1:15 PM
Oct 2023
i love the pacing, and the voice acting was amazing this episode
Jan 27, 1:29 PM
Oct 2023
Great animation.
Jan 27, 1:31 PM
Apr 2018
that was sick AF, thank you A-1 Pictures
Jan 27, 1:32 PM
Jul 2021
good episode right there.
Jan 27, 1:36 PM
May 2020
anyone notice jinwoo voice different before and after he kill the serpent, he felt more confident after that, nice voice acting👍🏼
Jan 27, 1:41 PM

Sep 2014
This was actually good! Though the Lycans beeing written in red yet going down relatively easy/1 hit while the boss was orange was weird. I guess he was intimidated by the design though, since he literally crushed it bare handed.
Its good he stopped beeing a whiny bitch as well, this show might be good after all.

Random thought: When he first went down into the boss room I thought Metro would make for a cool anime.

Other random thought: This show really needs better music, just think about how much Attack on Titan got elevated by having hype music.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 27, 1:51 PM
Apr 2021
The animation with the snake was so fucking good man I can’t wait to see how they’ll animate the fight with the Red Knight😩🔥🔥

My boy Sung Jin Woo is becoming so much stronger now and he’ll have so much cool moments from this point on guys🤩
Jan 27, 1:59 PM
Jan 2024
loved the voice actor and obviously the final scene, with the fight and epic music ! I’m excited to see the next episode
Jan 27, 2:14 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Comander-07
This was actually good! Though the Lycans beeing written in red yet going down relatively easy/1 hit while the boss was orange was weird. I guess he was intimidated by the design though, since he literally crushed it bare handed.
Its good he stopped beeing a whiny bitch as well, this show might be good after all.

Random thought: When he first went down into the boss room I thought Metro would make for a cool anime.

Other random thought: This show really needs better music, just think about how much Attack on Titan got elevated by having hype music.
Comander-07 said:

Magical energy is the only thing that is measurable in this world, other stats are not.
Think of it like a geiger counter. It can tell you the radiation level of the item, but not its other stats: size/weight/density.

Stats are somewhat close to each other, there's no big divination. An S rank healer has the strength of an A rank fighter for example.
Because of this magical energy is a good overal indicator for how strong something is.
But SJW went all-in on strength, he could punch above his weight class. The system compared his magical energy to the enemy's when deciding the color of the name on the screen.
YaggamyJan 27, 2:18 PM
Jan 27, 2:31 PM

Nov 2020
Nice episode, I remembered how much I need this type of anime, you don't have to think too much, you just watch and enjoy the well-animated action.
Jan 27, 2:32 PM
Jul 2019
best episode ever
Jan 27, 2:37 PM
Sep 2020
First of all, bro's gotten olympic gymnastics moves 💀💀💀💀💀💀💀 also, he is wayyyy more confident by now, and his hopes for his own life have significantly increased. Overall, it's a pretty damn big evolution, mental and physically.... In just 1 week, he could defeat a c rank boss and help those guys on a d rank

Also, the voice actor did such a good job👏, together with a nice animation.... BRO, THAT SKAKE FIGHT WAS SIIICK🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Jan 27, 2:41 PM
Feb 2016
too slow progression
Jan 27, 2:43 PM
Dec 2020
Didn't quite like what the director is doing in some scenes, too dramatic? Too 'anime cringe'? Can't properly get the right words. However this anime is something I'm in love with, so, very good episode with a great animation.
Jan 27, 2:47 PM
May 2019
This was the first GOOD episode of the show so far. Now I'm starting to like it hehehe
Jan 27, 3:06 PM
Nov 2023
Wow. This episode lays down a lot of bad omens for the near and far future. The cliff-hanger from episode 3 was soooo good, I’m so SHOCKED and SUPRISED he didn’t just get mauled to death by the wolf enemy, otherwise the show would’ve just ended. CrAzY.

This show sure does love wasting time, though not as badly as the previous episodes. On that point, watching this sad sack of a main character talk at us about video games stats and other BS is the least engaging thing a person could ever watch. It's so foolish, watching this guy actually say these things in the context of a real existing world, its mind numbing. Why does he actually have to be talking? Is internal monologue not commonly used for these sorts of scenarios?

This episode dragged its feet for ten minutes with fight scenes featuring zero tension or stakes. I don’t understand how anyone can call this good. The animation is fine, but it's not like Demon Slayer level, cutting up a bunch of copy paste wolves isn’t exactly high octane action, that was saved for the last two terrible fight scenes of the episode.

Where do I even begin with the damn snake fight? Anyone can feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but is levelling strength supposed to make you invincible? Jin-woo literally states “I can’t take a direct hit from this thing” just after being directly hit, and then being hit dozens of more times. Some of these blows are so devastating that it becomes comical. It's so over the top that the fact he’s somehow alive, uninjured, and without any sign of damage after being BLASTED THROUGH A CEMENT PILLAR was the final nail of this show having anything worth a damn from here on out. This show is nothing. Jin-woo’s plot armour is UNGODLY, and this episode just established him as invincible. If he ever gets hurt from beyond this point, I simply won’t believe it.

Oh, but wait wait! The golem fight was so capital K KOOL too! Because HE ONE SHOT IT THOUGH! Ok, and? Who could possibly still care at this point? It should be understood that the Golem ‘fight’ is literally nothing, and only serves to show how super cool our boy is now. On the logical side of things, if those Hunters were struggling so much there shouldn’t be anyone spectating. This world is so weakly built, it can’t even remain consistent for a single episode.

I saw another poster make a really strong point. Jin-Woo was a weak moron and an idiot just a couple episodes before. Instead of developing as an actual character, all he needs to do is level up is stupid video games stats to skip what actually takes talent, skill and thought to write - character development. This really rings true to me. It took three episodes to be proven right, but I was able to predict something like this would happen. Authors/writers of anime/manga/light novels/etc. Only put stupid video game stats and ranks in their stories as a method to circumvent actual character development, which requires talent. I’m not trying to critique the manhwa with all my prior words, but this type of writing is only done by hacks, and it needs to end.

This isn’t what a good story looks like, it's lazy, cookie cutter, bad, and embarrassing. It does not belong the pedestal it found itself on, and this additional episode didn’t change that. There shouldn’t be this much hype for another boring and average slop power fantasy, but here we are.

Can’t wait for episode five. :)
I'm In Hell
Jan 27, 3:20 PM
Nov 2023
Reply to Sokah
So he goes from not being able to beat 1 wolf, to being able to just beat 2, to being able to beat 20, then being able to solo a boss unarmed that is stronger than the boss on the street that a full team with gear couldn't beat.

You know how Force Awakens sucked in part because Rey was a Mary Sue who could beat a Sith Lord trained by Luke Skywalker despite having never used a sword before?

This guy is 100x worse.

Also the fight scenes were pretty terrible.

Oh well, wasn't expecting much but this is well below.
@Sokah Welcome to the world of Gary Stu power fantasy anime.
I'm In Hell
Jan 27, 3:26 PM
Dec 2022
amazing animation and great fights
Jan 27, 3:27 PM
Mar 2023
muy bueno,parece que el sung jinwoo se va a chetar bastante pronto
Jan 27, 3:35 PM
Jul 2023
the humble brag from jin woo at the end. wow
Jan 27, 3:38 PM

May 2016
Getting through it now. Kasaka first major boss really. Kim Chuele coming up next coupla of weeks 😋
Jan 27, 3:42 PM

Nov 2019
I thought this episode was ok... until the second half. It was pretty good!
Although I think MC levels up a bit too quickly. It might get boring real quick at this pace. We'll see how this goes.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2

279 by Gator »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

261 by Gator »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Feb 10

413 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 5:36 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Feb 3

274 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20

343 by Gator »»
May 25, 4:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.