Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 3, 9:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The pacing is as always with this adaptation a tad rushed. Not a biggy with volume 8 that's one of the weaker ones, but I hope they slow down at one point.

I'm not too crazy at the casting choice for Nagumo. His voice seems a bit too much imo. Sakayanagi is perfect though.

@ADthePro02 I think that scene should be in the next episode (if they don't skip it)
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 3, 9:50 AM
Jun 2023
I think this is a really great beginning for this season!
Jan 3, 9:51 AM

Oct 2021
well it's back after more than one year of second season!! i hope they have some animation stored for best parts like last season.. this was pretty good start though
Jan 3, 9:56 AM
Mar 2019
Well episodie, a good 3th season return.
Jan 3, 9:59 AM
Jan 3, 10:04 AM

May 2021
Well, there were some scenes skipped, like Kouenji's plans and how the team was decided. But overall a solid start.
Jan 3, 10:29 AM
Aug 2021
Good start. Animation is good. That's cool.
Jan 3, 10:42 AM
cam ♡

Mar 2023
we're finally back for a season 3! im glad i get to see the quotes again. i hope this season continues to get really interesting, especially with arisu keeping eyes on ayanokouji
Jan 3, 10:48 AM

May 2021
Reply to Farabeuf
The pacing is as always with this adaptation a tad rushed. Not a biggy with volume 8 that's one of the weaker ones, but I hope they slow down at one point.

I'm not too crazy at the casting choice for Nagumo. His voice seems a bit too much imo. Sakayanagi is perfect though.

@ADthePro02 I think that scene should be in the next episode (if they don't skip it)
@Farabeuf
I think one VA that seems off is Wang's. Ik shes supposed to have a child like voice, but her voice sounds wayyy too young and high pitched. Nagumo's voice I thought its okay.
Jan 3, 10:52 AM
Dec 2023
its so good bro💀🙏
Jan 3, 11:09 AM

Dec 2022
the intensity is starting to grow i can feel it anyway once again back with the mind games people try to keep up or you might get lost
Jan 3, 11:17 AM
Jun 2020
yep its still as bad as ever
Jan 3, 11:18 AM
Apr 2022
I’m glad the season was delayed. In terms of animation s3 is a step up so far
Jan 3, 11:43 AM

Nov 2017
Hiyori so fcking cute. She have calm and chill personality.

Jan 3, 11:51 AM

Feb 2019
Why did lerche even take on this job if they’re not gonna put any effort or soul into it? They delayed for this? ? No T rex scene, anime original scenes that hurt the original story,… hey at least they made suzune even hotter.. had low expectations but fuck they were exceeded
Jan 3, 11:54 AM

Jun 2014
The 3rd season of COTE kicks off dumping us immediately into the next special exam. The episode mostly re-introduced familiar faces and set up the events of the arc so nothing too notable to say about this one. These students are back at it with mind games and collusion.

Rasbotin said:

I'm not super crazy about this series either but if this is how you feel then why are you still wasting your time 3 seasons deep 💀💀💀
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jan 3, 12:17 PM

May 2021
Overall meh episode. They are still throwing buckets of information at the same time at the audience. Not a great start, but neither season was. Remains to be seen.
Jan 3, 12:24 PM
Feb 2021
Let's start the game!
Jan 3, 12:33 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to thebrentinator24
The 3rd season of COTE kicks off dumping us immediately into the next special exam. The episode mostly re-introduced familiar faces and set up the events of the arc so nothing too notable to say about this one. These students are back at it with mind games and collusion.

Rasbotin said:

I'm not super crazy about this series either but if this is how you feel then why are you still wasting your time 3 seasons deep 💀💀💀
@thebrentinator24 It was a good episode. Straight to the point. Already with the configurations of what could happen and develop this season. I agree with you
Jan 3, 1:23 PM

Oct 2020
A solid introduction. Less complex compared to how S2 opened up, so it feels like we can breathe the information and setting more easily.
Jan 3, 1:43 PM

Aug 2020
We are so back!!! I know it's been only a year, but I missed this series a lot. I am expecting a good show, and may they cover the remaining First Year volumes in the better way.

Jan 3, 1:59 PM

Jul 2015
Damn. This show is as good as I remember. Lerche is doing the adaptation justice.

Jan 3, 2:12 PM
Mar 2023
trooooopppp hâte de découvrir cette nouvelle saison 🤩
Jan 3, 2:19 PM

Mar 2020
I used to really like this series, but after a few years, and only experiencing this in anime form, it hasn't aged that well for me. Pacing is going at light-speed as expected, and when even an anime-only can tell, that's just not looking good. It really has to slow down and let the viewers get acquainted with the characters more, but it is what it is.
Jan 3, 2:35 PM

May 2021
Reply to Mcsuper
I used to really like this series, but after a few years, and only experiencing this in anime form, it hasn't aged that well for me. Pacing is going at light-speed as expected, and when even an anime-only can tell, that's just not looking good. It really has to slow down and let the viewers get acquainted with the characters more, but it is what it is.
@Mcsuper
Yeah, I read the novels and you are right that the pacing is really really fast. Plus, it already cutted some pretty important scenes from the novel already. For example, how the teams were decided, who was chosen as the leader (yukimura), Kouenji's plans etc...Quite a lot have been skipped.
Jan 3, 3:04 PM

Jun 2020
yayy cote is back ><
ok episode... a few scenes were skipped but it's okay!
ichinose is so pretty <3
forum avi: sia_job00 on twt

Jan 3, 3:11 PM
Apr 2022
Stark700 said:
Third semester with new promotions, particular for Ayanokoji's class.

Looks like right off the bat, we got an special type of test mixing in their class with another. They're not really wasting any time this season to get the drama and competition going again. Good to see most of the familiar cast back again and I see some intimidating rivalries building up. Should be an interesting season. Theme songs are still as stylish as always.

intimidating rivalry between yamauchi and arisu, can't wait to see that one act out🤣🤣
Jan 3, 3:15 PM
Apr 2022
Mainnus said:
Normal characters introduction and plan set up episode.

Got to see Ayanokoji muscles tho.

could've at least added the picture where it shows he's got an 8-pack
Jan 3, 3:27 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Okay interesting with that camp where just everyone is mixed in, with obviously some rivalries starting and all, I'm just looking forward to what will be Ayanokouji's manipulation plans for what's coming
Jan 3, 3:48 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
I was waiting for this show to come back, and really happy with the first episode. Excited to see what the reason of the season has in store for us.
Jan 3, 4:13 PM
Mar 2016
Great way to start off a new season. We got a new conflict, a new, kinda unexpected cooperations, and I'm already super invested in the story. Looking into the new episodes, but I wish I watched it when full 3rd season comes out, to now wait for the new episodes each week.
Jan 3, 4:55 PM
Dec 2023
as a 1st ep .. it is more than enough to create excitements.. yk..
Jan 3, 5:30 PM
Jun 2022
Unsurprisingly, just like last season, this one is also off to a rough start
Jan 3, 5:33 PM
May 2023
Let's go Peak is finally back
Jan 3, 5:42 PM
Dec 2021
AYANOKOJI VS ARISU ABOUT TO BE FIRE!
LITERAL CHILLS!
Jan 3, 5:48 PM
Apr 2023
split09 said:
Certified__weeb said:
that was overall an great episode with the improvement in animation + the pacing looks alot alot better I haven't read Ln yet I'm now more looking forward for this season 😀

The pacing is actually worse💀

I'm not following Ln so I'm not sure about it but I heard from many people claiming that the studio have been skipping parts from season 1
Jan 3, 5:54 PM

Apr 2022
you know its a cote episode when it starts with some quote. pretty standard stuff, as in it feels like an episode i've seen in a different show before. of course the current student council has to seem nice but give asshole vibes. welp i'm just hoping this season isn't as bad as the last.
Jan 3, 6:45 PM

Feb 2019
so much intrigue going around already, and it's only the first episode lol
Jan 3, 6:51 PM
Jan 2024
For me, that im an only anime watcher is good, i dont understand the haters
Jan 3, 7:03 PM
Jul 2022
good good good good
Jan 3, 7:07 PM
Apr 2023
After the initial delay, we finally have the last stretch of Ayanokouji's 1st year.
But it looks like more is still to be done in this twisted microcosm.
Jan 3, 7:12 PM

Jan 2011
this uh looks rough but hey Zaq is doing the ed

don't really have anything to say other than this is my shield hero of the season as in something i should've dropped ages ago but i will continue to watch while questioning it

could've at least given us 5mins with the characters before sending them right into another exam , and this seems like a bad case where i hardly know any of the characters and everyone's been shuffled around so no clue who is just a npc or actually important besides "the main target discussed at the end "
Jan 3, 7:20 PM
Jul 2019
HE'S BACKKKKK🗣️🔥🔥
Jan 3, 7:54 PM

Jul 2014

We are so back! Though I don't seem to remember everything from past seasons xD.

Ichinose!!! For a moment I thought she was going to let out a "Yahallo" xD. Blessed Nao Touyama <3.

I love Kushida's sudden voice changes. And I remember her subplot but I don't fully remember it.

RieTaka character <3.

New OP is great.
Jan 3, 8:14 PM
Apr 2022
everyone's role model, ayanokoji is back. wonder how he'll show his bad assness this time
Jan 3, 8:30 PM
Jan 2016
The bridging from last season is really good
Jan 3, 8:45 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to SkyLETV

We are so back! Though I don't seem to remember everything from past seasons xD.

Ichinose!!! For a moment I thought she was going to let out a "Yahallo" xD. Blessed Nao Touyama <3.

I love Kushida's sudden voice changes. And I remember her subplot but I don't fully remember it.

RieTaka character <3.

New OP is great.
@SkyLETV
SkyLETV said:
New OP is great.

True, I really enjoy ZAQ's style. Their sound fits really well with the show.

Jan 3, 9:00 PM
Nov 2021
The start took me off guard cause idr them talking about a field trip (I probably just need to rewatch last episode of S2) so this next event seems too sudden, but looks like its going to be good
It kind of looks like Ayanokoji's shadow puppetry is coming to shambles tho, with more and more people knowing of him, whether they accept his abilities or not.
Epic op (ed?) song.
I assume Class A's genius is going to hack into/pay to use Class B's leader's account, can't wait to see if Im wrong and if so how she's going to make her look untrustworthy. Im terrible with names 💀

All in all looks like S3 is going to be great. Im going to wait till the season ends so I can binge.
Triggerfish124Jan 3, 9:03 PM
Jan 3, 9:44 PM

Mar 2020
Great episode to start off the new season, but the CGI in the very beginning was awful. For the first episode of a major show I expected a bit better quality.

- May God Be With You -

Jan 3, 10:21 PM

May 2023
as someone who has read the novel, I am quite concerned with how fast the pacing is but it is only the first episode so I guess I'll give it some time
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

212 by PanditaMimilona »»
Sep 16, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 9, 4:45 PM

» Not just bout this anime.

Avamarie316 - Sep 5

14 by DragyG »»
Sep 6, 7:17 AM

» 4th season announced ( 1 2 )

Dbagas8 - Aug 31

59 by Insane_0_2 »»
Sep 3, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 2, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.