Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 23, 2023 4:22 PM
Jul 2008
This season really bored me so much that I almost fell asleep multiple times. I hope next season will be better
Dec 23, 2023 5:09 PM

Mar 2010
Damn Such a good way to End a show unlike other shows that seem milodramatic, and MERRY CHRISTMAS Haha

Damn I can't lie Philomela's missing fingers and black hand make her more attractive damn I need to marry her asap.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 23, 2023 6:24 PM

Jul 2012
Decent, wasn't fond of the arc the 1st time while reading.
Didn't expect them to tease next arc, was sure they'll stop it here, also don't know what's next so kinda interested.
Dec 24, 2023 1:12 AM

Aug 2019
Silky was definitely enjoying herself while preparing all of those treats.

Also, I needed more moments between Elias and Chise, this season lacked them so I hope we get more in the next season.

I knew we couldn’t trust Veronica.
Dec 24, 2023 1:24 PM
Dec 2021
great anime, enjoyed it a lot
Dec 25, 2023 8:58 AM

Jul 2009
I was expecting Philomela would recover her hands.
And omg, Veronica is the one controlling the wolf kid, I was shocked!
Dec 27, 2023 2:50 AM
Sep 2018
Will there be season 3 ?
Dec 27, 2023 7:44 AM

May 2015
Happy to see Philomela living by herself, freed by all her friends, and having good time with them. Very good season, more impacting than the first half of season 2.

Merry christmas, and see you for Season 3 !
Dec 27, 2023 10:03 AM

Jun 2016
this season is kinda bored for me !!
Dec 28, 2023 2:00 PM

Oct 2013
wholesome ending
Dec 29, 2023 11:26 PM
Jan 2023
Can never hate this anime.
Dec 31, 2023 7:01 PM
Feb 2017
Before the episode ends and the next chapter is announced, a dragon and in front of it stands Chise, Elias and Ruth, There are two people behind them.
Are these the twin, Jasmine and Violet? Because it seems that the two people behind Chise look like them.
Jan 2, 1:58 PM

Sep 2011
dang it veroncia. her family being most likely behind what happened to the websters and the werewolf family. but finally, someone put an end to the old hag. that hated witch been a plague for far too long. i was hoping we finally get to see isaac's entire face, but nah. we've been denied of that again. i am ready for the next arc that won't be animated until who knows when with that teaser in the end.
Jan 4, 10:44 PM

Jan 2021
I was just about to say about Veronica who now has the forbidden book and seems to want to use it... (sorry but I never liked her since she first appeared) BUT, omg. Philomela's smile and laughter are so precious that I don't want to say anything other than I'm touched to see her beautiful face when she's happy :") it's nice to see Philomela getting the whole support system that she deserves!

It's definitely getting a third season. Who is that blonde guy?

Jan 5, 3:39 PM

Mar 2021
Awesome finale, I really cried at episode 11 and this ending was so cute !

Beginning of this season 2 was pretty slow imo, very confused, especially with Philomela, but it build up slowly and we finally understand everything happening
I didnt get Philo at first, but when we know more and more about her, we can just like her and feel bad for the things she endured, really love her character development, now she's free ! Must protecc ^w^

There's still the wolf kid, I guess, who stall the book at the end, kinda weird, and talking to Veronica, she was sus since the beginning tho... dont like her

Hype for whats next, but it'll take some years I think to wait ~
Jan 11, 1:44 PM

Aug 2019
i didnt really care for the college stuff but otherwise season 2 was amazing. kind of slow but really emotional towards the end.

what was that about veronica with the book?... cant tell if she is secretly evil or not

what does the end text say :D? i cant read it. 'next chapter is the "Fiendlane"'? whats a fiendlane
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 12:58 AM

Mar 2016
Build-up phase is too long in my opinion for basically 7/10 climax. It basically eats around 8 episodes lmao.
That's why sometimes skipping some part in the manga felt necessary in my opinion for pacing issues.

But all of them is very coherent and and adapted carefully that leaves almost zero holes in this arc specifically which is good.

And finally they leaves us with cliffhanger with Veronica scene, i hope we can get the continuity later.

Jan 16, 1:03 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Seeing Philomela laugh makes me happy, that was a nice season. The whole school arc wasn't necessarily very exciting, but I still think it was very good.
Jan 16, 4:02 PM

Oct 2016
did they tease a new arc of the anime when only 2 chapters of said arc are out? damn, thats very bad
Jan 25, 12:43 AM

Mar 2017
Whoa, this episode was very pretty, especially the second half. Enjoyed the second half more for the vibes, I'm definitely in favor of the slice of life type scenes in this show rather than action, magical feeling. Also very difficult to not ship Chise and Joseph based on the few scenes they had in this arc, it's just so funny how he's being kept in a well like an unsociable exotic pet.

'nom'
Jan 29, 1:02 AM

Jul 2008
Yay Grandma is dead!!!

And Veronica....I knew I didn't like her.

Well glad this was mostly a happy ending. 8/10
Jan 31, 9:40 PM

Sep 2023
Anyone else feel the show got boring and lost a bit of the magic it had in season 1?

Its weird because its not like the writing became worse (I think?). The new characters aren't bad and the Philomela plot was resolved satisfactorily. It doesnt look as pretty as early S1 but the art seemed consistent even though the animation wasn't amazing. IMO, nothing about this show was done particularly poorly but nothing about it sparked much interest either. The plot, characters, directing, animation... everything about season 2 was just okay. I never found myself waiting in anticipation for the next episode.

What is it that fans really liked about this season? The mythology and world building? I don't understand the score.
Feb 15, 1:20 AM

Mar 2014
Well after 2 cours we finally got Philomela to smile and be happy, and it was so cute seeing all of Chise's new friends at her house. Her relationship with Cartaphilus is interesting: he's always trying to drag her down to what he became, but they still seem to have a kind of bond as she starts to understand what it means to be selfish. 8/10 because I don't think Philomela and her bitch grandma's arc should've been 2 whole cours, plus quite a few threads were left loose that were clearly setup for future arcs
Mar 1, 1:24 PM
Aug 2013
Was Chise's curse transferred to Philomela? Noticed by the end that Chise's hands were back to normal skin color, while both of Philomela's were black.
Mar 1, 1:26 PM
Aug 2013
HiljainenSipuli said:
i didnt really care for the college stuff but otherwise season 2 was amazing. kind of slow but really emotional towards the end.

what was that about veronica with the book?... cant tell if she is secretly evil or not

what does the end text say :D? i cant read it. 'next chapter is the "Fiendlane"'? whats a fiendlane

FiendBANE, not lane.
Mar 24, 9:34 PM

Nov 2017
Welp, there goes AOTY for sure. Had to savor it though because everything else is trash compared to this. What a season. I just wish there was more.

There's other stuff from 2023 like Apothecary and Vinland I haven't seen, but nothing fits me better than this series. Absolute top, doesn't get any better. Pagan, lonely girl, and school story done right.

A lot of other hyped shit from this year but Mahoutsukai was my fave.
Mar 31, 10:12 AM
Jan 2023
Philomela best girl, all I gotta say
Apr 5, 5:47 PM

Feb 2008
Gasp, the "I can fix her" girl actually genuinly got fixed. Nice!
Apr 19, 7:25 PM

Jun 2015
So Veronica was the biggest bitch after all. A nice wrap up to this season. I don't think it needed to be this slow in the beginning. Part 2 was a LOT better than the 1st. Chise has changed a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was all worth it for this smile!
Read Toriko!
Apr 20, 8:36 PM
Apr 2024
In this episode we can see that everything happened in a very regular way, which we hope will still have appearances at the end, however some characters still leave something to be desired, as well as the possible season 3 which I hope comes quickly to understand more about the families.
May 4, 3:24 AM

Apr 2013
Finally the arc ended, it certainly overstayed it welcome 12 episodes ago. And who would've guessed, the grandmother and Veronica, the most suspicious people from the very start, are the baddies lol

Definitely the weakest season so far, I had high hopes for that whole school arc. But we barely got any school life like Harry Potter, but instead spend two whole seasons on that Philomela drama. 5/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Where all romance gone?

xakpc - Dec 25, 2023

10 by Gator »»
May 4, 3:31 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2023

30 by Gator »»
May 4, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2023

41 by Gator »»
May 3, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2023

29 by Gator »»
May 3, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2023

42 by Gator »»
May 2, 2:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.