Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 2, 2023 9:02 AM
Sep 2021
Nice episode, the scenes were really sweet a nice valentine episode.
Aug 2, 2023 10:11 AM
Jul 2023
the episode was good but it slowed down it's pace
Aug 2, 2023 11:29 AM

Aug 2014
awww puppy love :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 2, 2023 2:14 PM

Jul 2016
I'm convinced Komura is the younger version of Kazuya from Kanokari.
Aug 2, 2023 7:28 PM
Jul 2020
I'm glad Komura made the right decision to wait to confess at a better time. If he told her to "go out with him" when she said she would do "anything," it would almost feel as if he's putting her in an uncomfortable situation, or taking advantage of her sincerity to make up to him. I liked the imagery Komura used though, when he said "I'll wait to tell you when you can clearly see my face."
Aug 2, 2023 10:45 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Tomo-choco (friend's chocolate) ;_; . Well, maybe Komura is still too young to care about being friendzoned. I was like that at his age. Hopefully, Mie isn't very conscious either about what friendzoning means.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Aug 2, 2023 11:10 PM
Mar 2023
i thought this episode was very accurate to the part of the manga it was based off of. I can't wait to see how the rest of the show adaptes the books
Aug 3, 2023 1:31 AM

Mar 2008
Oh damn I felt that when Komura was overheard about wanting chocolate from Mie. Aw I thought Komura-kun was about to actually confess even this early on. I understand him backing down from it though. It's hard to say stuff like that sometimes. Mie-chan's struggle not to eat sweets was too cute and funny. This episode was too much for my heart to take
Aug 3, 2023 12:26 PM

Jul 2019
So I really do like Mie, but i'm finding it harder every episode to suspend my disbelief. In episode 1, it's established Komura has been sitting next to her long enough to at least develop a crush on her, yet it's also the first time he has ever seen her lose her glasses. Yet now it seems like she loses her glasses all the time. I just find it harder and harder each episode to believe she suddenly became so forgetful about them; it didn't seem to be a problem before. So, unless it's revealed later that she is doing it intentionally just to get his attention, the shtick is getting kind of old. It's not one that can carry itself through an entire show imo. And yes, I know lots of time is technically passing in between each episode, where she likely isn't forgetting her glasses, but we almost never see it, so it still makes it feel like it's all the time.

Which is a shame, because she is way cuter with her glasses on anyway. I think they need to move away from that, and start going in a more romantic direction, which I thought they were going to do here when he seemed like he was going to confess, but then of course he backed off at the last minute (and while I hate that, I do at least appreciate his reasoning, he wanted her to see him, though I don't know why he decided he has to wait till next year, instead of just the next time she has her glasses)

Otherwise, I really do love the characters, and the art and animation are really beautiful, production wise, this show is hitting a lot of high point, so I am enjoying it for the most part.
Jackson1333Aug 3, 2023 12:29 PM
Aug 3, 2023 1:38 PM

Nov 2007
Jackson1333 said:
So I really do like Mie, but i'm finding it harder every episode to suspend my disbelief. In episode 1, it's established Komura has been sitting next to her long enough to at least develop a crush on her, yet it's also the first time he has ever seen her lose her glasses. Yet now it seems like she loses her glasses all the time. I just find it harder and harder each episode to believe she suddenly became so forgetful about them; it didn't seem to be a problem before. So, unless it's revealed later that she is doing it intentionally just to get his attention, the shtick is getting kind of old. It's not one that can carry itself through an entire show imo. And yes, I know lots of time is technically passing in between each episode, where she likely isn't forgetting her glasses, but we almost never see it, so it still makes it feel like it's all the time.

Which is a shame, because she is way cuter with her glasses on anyway. I think they need to move away from that, and start going in a more romantic direction, which I thought they were going to do here when he seemed like he was going to confess, but then of course he backed off at the last minute (and while I hate that, I do at least appreciate his reasoning, he wanted her to see him, though I don't know why he decided he has to wait till next year, instead of just the next time she has her glasses)

Otherwise, I really do love the characters, and the art and animation are really beautiful, production wise, this show is hitting a lot of high point, so I am enjoying it for the most part.

You just might be onto something there... maybe we'll get something next episode or the one after that.
Aug 3, 2023 1:58 PM

Jan 2021
Ah its Valentines Day or its coming and Komura is in the city to do some errand and its like fate that he sees Mie as well lol. One needs to grab mayo and the other ketchup.

Mie had prepared also something for Komura but forgot to bring it or something. There was almost an confession but he didn't do it. Its White Day and Mie found out that she gained some kilos so she asks Komura to stop her if she eats something sweet. Komura ends up giving her his White Day sorta gift.
Aug 3, 2023 2:47 PM

Jul 2016
The more episodes go by, the more I wish for Mie to end up with Azuma. This Komura kid should just fucking disappear from this show.
Aug 4, 2023 9:12 AM

Jul 2021
Valentines day! Interesting how a german cake can be a gift..
Aug 4, 2023 11:48 AM

Apr 2021
it wasn't long before he declared himself to her, I hope he creates that courage.
Aug 6, 2023 6:53 AM
Jun 2021
Man mc is just way too pathetic, there are some anime where i dont mind if main cast don't become couple early and anime carry on just like that but not in this, it would be way better if he was some less pathetic, like author always choose most easy way in every situation like every time.i still think she would make better couple with that other handsome guy like mc is not even putting effort and wtf was voice isn't coming out, like are you in war or facing death? And again author found most easiest way to end that situation "ill confess when u can see me."
Aug 6, 2023 11:41 AM
Jun 2023
Struggled getting through it because of my schedule, but fairly enjoyed it
Aug 6, 2023 2:28 PM

Aug 2017
SouthRzVa said:
The more episodes go by, the more I wish for Mie to end up with Azuma. This Komura kid should just fucking disappear from this show.

Haha that would be great yes
Aug 6, 2023 6:27 PM
May 2020
It's nice when getting sent out for groceries lets you have a chance encounter with your crush, looking snazzy in her casual clothes, and on Valentine's Day no less. And of course, she's not wearing her glasses!

I love how Komura imagines Mie giving him chocolate with her glasses falling off of her face.

Komura is so desperate for Mie not to realize it's Valentine's Day and put two and two together on how he really feels about her. And life keeps finding a way to rub it in his face. And Mie actually does figure it out, which surprised me! Although Komura gets saved thanks to the existence of Friend Chocolate.

Poor Mie's friends when she's not even sure who is giving her chocolate at that point without her glasses.

Well, on the one hand, Mie gave out so many chocolates she didn't have anything for Komura. On the other hand, she wants to reward their friendship by letting him ask her to do anything. Is this his chance to confess? Well, no, he's too much of a nervous emotional wreck to get the words out, but it would probably be better if he confessed with her glasses on so she could properly see him. It even feels like she's promising that's going to happen at some point. Oh, and he DOES get chocolate in the end too!

White Day is nice and all until you realize you put on too many pounds with all the chocolate you got from Valentine's Day and have to restrain yourself from giving in to your sweet tooth. Komura has to hold himself back from giving his White Day gift while also holding Mie back from devouring some White Day sweets... of course Azuma just swings by and starts the parade of guys giving her White Day gifts. Poor Komura (and Mie I guess).

I can't believe Mie is using her lack of glasses as an excuse to get away with eating her White Day gifts. She was actually using her disability to her advantage! Good thing Komura is willing to give out some "tough love" by calling her out on it, and in the end, his is the only White Day gift she actually eats. So sure she did end up splurging in the end, but Komura won White Day nevertheless. And the class is still looking at their antics wondering what is up with these two.
Aug 7, 2023 5:52 PM

Aug 2009
Man, what an annoying MC. If I did count it right, he said or thought "Mie-san" 26 times just in this episode + 3 in the preview!
Aug 9, 2023 3:39 PM
Jan 2023
Not a bad episode, shopping with your crush near valentine's day and trying to stop them finding out about your feelings can't be easy. Not sure if Mie is just dense or just isn't saying anything at this point.

Komura clearly needs help, experiencing that much anxiety around someone is not normal.

Pretty much another episode where I get second hand embarrassment just by watching...
Aug 9, 2023 8:39 PM
May 2023
Hikarun said:
Man, what an annoying MC. If I did count it right, he said or thought "Mie-san" 26 times just in this episode + 3 in the preview!
he is very obsessed. + 5 from me
Aug 10, 2023 5:50 PM

Jul 2021
Azuma is the biggest Chad in the entire school, I love that smirk at the end.
Aug 10, 2023 7:53 PM

Jun 2013
PerryTShipman said:
Differing view from some of you:

1) I love the two, young and very innocent protagonists:  the inner dialogues of the MC are often juxtaposed to the neutral face he tries to present and this adds a bit of absurdist humor.

2) If I am correctly reading the school name, then these are middle schoolers who capture the essence and confusion of that age group … at least I can relate to the MC’s mix of iffy bravado and reticence about his feelings.

3) I personally love GoHands fisheye view of the world along with color and the filling of the screen.  Can’t get enough of it!  (Yes … I love the office worker with her enormous cat, too!
-----------------------------------------
You are a Man of Culture.
My wife and I are enjoying those two Animes very much.
Cheers.
Stay Young and Watch Anime......el psy congroo
Aug 12, 2023 1:04 AM

May 2011
Bu anime hem bu kadar tatlı hem de bu kadar sinir bozucu olmayı nasıl başarıyor anlamış değilim. Şu velet Kaede'yi valla tokatlayasım geldi bu kadar da pısırık olunmaz ki canım.

I don't understand how this anime manages to be so sweet and so annoying at the same time. I really want to slap that brat Kaede, you can't be such a wimp dear
Aug 12, 2023 7:08 AM
Jul 2018
This is bad... Been watching it on the side till now and the MC is just unbearable.
Aug 15, 2023 1:56 AM

Jul 2017
The elated Valentine's Day episode where Komura goes shopping for ketchup, and Mie came in coincidence overhearing that it would be great that Mie passes him some chocolate.

Going to the supermarket together, it feels like they're a married couple where God is a savage for putting Komura in the stance that there's chocolate all around, which slowly and surely, she figured out all on her own since she's making friendship chocolates for all, including Komura. And on the exact day, Mie has plenty to go around, though she didn't leave enough for him. That should've left the spite of talk that Komura didn't deserve one from her, though Mie insists that she must repay him in some favour before school ends. Obviously, Komura would've gone for the straight-up confession, though he stutters and could not say it out. Oh well, she'll find out one day soon.

Mie gaining some weight again, and it's White Day. Coincidentally, forgetting her glasses again and focusing on chocolate, Mie has a demand for Komura to stop her in being a junk foodie to stop her. Of course, Azuma gave her some cookies, though she wants some cough drops to stop her indulgences. Cookies or even chocolates she still insists a bite, but Komura ends up giving her his Bamukuchen to stop that same feeling, and Komura felt mixed.

What's so bad enough about not feeling hungry?
Aug 19, 2023 12:01 PM

Mar 2010
Jackson1333 said:

I had same question previous episode.. I mean how did she manage all these years and time before him? I can only think of her doing it on purpose. Maybe she's secretly shy too and we know she's unique.. Plus one episode she did do it on purpose cause of the fog jokes. So it's potentially a reason.

I will endure the serie as it's only 12 eps long but I notice I lose a bit of my attention span already...

But I just really love the art imho that's what drew me in. Just hope to see her more often with glasses than not so it feels less reparative and she looks prettier with them on. But well it's relaxing too I feel indifferent. Can just watch this on the background

Well since she pretty much loses her glasses every episode I'm sure at ep 12 he will try again XD
Aug 21, 2023 1:09 AM
Oct 2022
episodio vende humo
Aug 21, 2023 12:57 PM
Nov 2022
Es muy Adorable y tiene tantos estilos 👍😊
Como Komuro sufrió tanto el San Valentín como el día blanco, ya casi que le confiesa pero se fue atrás pero recibió su chocolate y le dio de regreso igual

It is very Adorable and has so many styles 👍😊
As Komuro suffered both on Valentine's Day and on white day, he almost confessed to her but he left behind but he received the chocolate from him and gave him the same back
Aug 26, 2023 5:32 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Man i thought Mie might broke the character after finding out Kaede wish to have choco from her. Too bad Kaede also shying out when he can't even spelled it out which create an awkward stale situation there. So oh well, as long they fine waiting like Mie tease, its very well good on my end too. Even if its kinda frustrating, at least Mie once again shows some more adorable side of her with the stuttering and holding the cocoa addiction moment. I can handle this....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 27, 2023 4:41 AM
Jul 2023
She may have been a little too stupid anyway
Sep 1, 2023 2:30 PM
Aug 2018
Kind of predictable since this point
Sep 1, 2023 6:09 PM

Aug 2019
Man I really don't know what to think of this show. I mean I guess it's been alright so far, though the characters do annoy me at times. It's just been okay thus far for me :/

It's just kind of the same thing over and over again, which sure happens in a lot of shows lately, but idk this one just doesn't sit right with me. Like seriously, Mie forgets her glasses way too often imo, which just leads to moments that kind of annoy me but idk
Sep 11, 2023 11:45 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Confessing for Valentine's day would have been a good opportunity too bad he couldn't speak :(
Sep 30, 2023 12:46 AM

Feb 2020
Hahahaha... Komura is quite a Chad.
"NO! If you're gonna ruin your diet with chocolate, at least let it be mine!"
That's exactly how I thought this ordeal should end. :D
Jan 18, 2:58 AM
Dec 2022
Valentine = chocolate. Friend or something more chocolate time. White chocolate day as well?!

Can Mie and Komura resist each other and the chocolates?
Feb 29, 1:44 PM

Jun 2022
Didn't Knew About White Day , What Is It ? Episode Was Slightly Sub Par , Might Get Better In Next One.
Aug 9, 3:48 AM
Jul 2020
As much as I want to be critical over the shtick with constantly forgetting her glasses, I just can't bring myself to not enjoy this. I just love her serious squinty glare.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2023

430 by White_Alice »»
Aug 30, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2023

148 by Shadowz97 »»
Aug 17, 8:23 AM

» Opinions on Camera Angles And Animation ( 1 2 3 )

Koushi106 - Jul 4, 2023

130 by seasons »»
Jul 20, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2023

88 by seasons »»
Jul 20, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2023

195 by ANormalUser »»
Jul 9, 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.