Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 3, 2023 3:01 PM

Sep 2018
Darudius said:
"mansplaining" in the subs. Really motherfuckers? He doesn't say anything remotely resembling that and it doesn't even make any sense. God damn American translators are ass.

Seemed appropriate enough to me...

But I'm always happy to get a more literal translation so please do share.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jun 3, 2023 3:01 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Yeah, it’s safe to say that was a date, and Yamada absolutely knew what day it was but let’s not tell Ichikawa that lol. But damn what a good date it was, perhaps one of the best Christmas dates I’ve seen, Ichikawa may have deducted himself a lot of points but I’m sure in Yamada’s book he got a perfect score, tho I will say I did get secondhand embarrassment from when Yamada had to order for Ichikawa, mainly because she seemed like his mom there lol.

And man I can’t believe they held hands the entire way home without at least Ichikawa bringing attention to it, and uncensored at that! These two have come such a long way from episode 1 it’s insane. And that final scene was interesting, but the imaginary manga character laying in the bed with him at the end was a funny visual lol. And I absolutely can’t believe there’s only 2 episodes left of this show, it doesn’t feel right at all.
Jun 3, 2023 3:07 PM

Nov 2021
The last 2 episodes were absolute peak, I am sad to see this show go in 2 more weeks. I really hope it gets a season 2

Kensuke Ushio's score for this is amazing! Does anyone know if it will be released officially?
Jun 3, 2023 3:21 PM

May 2016
borderliner said:
Darudius said:
"mansplaining" in the subs. Really motherfuckers? He doesn't say anything remotely resembling that and it doesn't even make any sense. God damn American translators are ass.

It's not even appropriate at all. For one he's not even doing "mansplaining" Mansplaining would be explaining what a pro model should think of fashion, but he was explaining how a loser nerd thinks of fashion. So it shouldn't be in there anyway. With some localising I can understand, the problem is that it's not even a correct translation. What Ichikawa is actually saying here is ''oh shit, did i just give my opinion on fashion to a professional model''. 
Jun 3, 2023 3:29 PM

Aug 2019
I can't believe I really thought of dropping this early on, the turnaround the Anime took is crazy 
Jun 3, 2023 3:30 PM

Oct 2012
borderliner said:
Darudius said:

He basically said he brought up some confusing fashion argument in front of actual pro model (謎のファッション論). Simple as that.

Mansplaining
is completely off in this case. He didn't said that in any condescending manner.
Mich666Jun 3, 2023 3:37 PM
Jun 3, 2023 3:37 PM

May 2016
ishinashi276 said:
Darudius said:
It's not even appropriate at all. For one he's not even doing "mansplaining" Mansplaining would be explaining what a pro model should think of fashion, but he was explaining how a loser nerd thinks of fashion. So it shouldn't be in there anyway. With some localising I can understand, the problem is that it's not even a correct translation. What Ichikawa is actually saying here is ''oh shit, did i just give my opinion on fashion to a professional model''. 
The Italian sub is like "Why I'm talking about my absurd ideas about fashion to a model" yeah. fuck these woke americans
That's the funny thing. The majority of other language subs, in most anime not just this one, seem to actually be way more accurate than America/English subs. Guess what the issue is, one of them has Americans localising, the other doesn't. Funny that. Leave it to America to interject their shit into everything. As per usual.
Jun 3, 2023 3:42 PM
May 2020
christmas date was a whole dub right there
Jun 3, 2023 4:00 PM
May 2021
loved this episode so much. they were so adorable on their date. i hope they meet up again for new years. love them
My 2023 candies:
Jun 3, 2023 4:10 PM

Sep 2015
Ahh, I have to wait another week now, this really relates to me, on how there are things to say and do that I should've done before regretting it all later.

As Ichikawas stated, the time has been moving fast for him that day, I wouldn't want to fumble over it.

But it shows that everything happens for a reason, if he hadn't experienced this at first, he might've either not or wouldn't know how to avoid it the next time.

Good thing hes only 13 years old. But still though time is very limited.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jun 3, 2023 4:16 PM

May 2019
This entire meetup was Anna's idea, from the time she "forgot" to bring the manga and it definitely felt like a date. What's funny is how mature she looks, both from her height and the way she dresses but her mind is not matured yet whereas with Kyoutaro it is kind of the opposite.

Yamada to the rescue when Kyoutaro's sister showed up and shoved him into the dressing room. For some reason he didn't want her to know about them yet, probably due to embarrassment in trying to explain what they are but Anna already thinking into the future and made him promise to introduce her at a later time. Speaking of which, Anna also didn't want Kyoutaro to say Happy New Year yet presumably because she may plan on meeting him again or at least texting each other on the day of. I think Anna may be more into him than he is into her (at least that's how it looks like to me) and I'm looking forward to the remaining episodes to see how their relationship plays out.
Jun 3, 2023 4:18 PM
Mar 2023
Nan qui s'attendait à ce genre de plot après les premiers épisodes franchement cet épisode est au dessus de mes attentes je l'ai adoré le soit disant rencard est archi cool
Jun 3, 2023 4:23 PM
Mar 2023
Honnêtement cet épisode m'a redonné foi en l'humanité même si c'est impossible que ce qui est présenté dans cet anime arrive un jour, l'épisode démontre une pureté que je trouve archi mignone sa mère la pute et une innocence des deux qui fait chavirer mon coeur de mâle alpha
Jun 3, 2023 4:29 PM

May 2014
Personally I love Ichikawa's fashion sense. Short goth boys ftw. 

I really like how proactive Yamada is being. Holding hands!? Scandalous! They're practically married already.

Jun 3, 2023 5:22 PM

Jul 2021
Every anime season has my “pleasant surprise of the season” and this along with Mashle definitely take it for me. I was just not expecting such quality character interactions from this going in.
Jun 3, 2023 5:33 PM
Aug 2020
this episode was so great, they are so cute together.
yamada is really a great girl, shes is more than pretty. On the other side, Ichikawa has to trus his feelings, they are a lot of green flag.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 3, 2023 5:45 PM
Dec 2013
gawed said:
was he .. jerking off with his imaginary friend inside the sheets? O_o
It sure looks that way.
Jun 3, 2023 6:01 PM

Apr 2023
Oh, the good and old red scarf enchantment. We know where this is going haha
Jun 3, 2023 6:45 PM
Jul 2016
PEAK ROMANCE. FIGHT ME
Jun 3, 2023 6:58 PM

Nov 2010
  • Once I asked a tall colleague why she always wore black clothes. According to her, dark color mitigates her prominent presence.
  • Yamada failed to have Ichikawa tell she was cute after all.

Jun 3, 2023 7:43 PM

Mar 2014
Darudius said:

Avoid american subs, specially the official, "professional" ones.

If he confess Yamada will friendzone him

Are we even watching the same show?

Dude, she's literally even more interested in him than the other way around (which is a lot).

Do you blush at your opposite sex friend, get jealous when he says some1 very different from you is cute and gives indirect hints to her literally all the time? If you do, you're just into her.
FabrisJun 3, 2023 7:47 PM
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jun 3, 2023 8:19 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Not so mindblowing episode. Its just your classical dating situation for our main. I feel you, Ichikawa. Its so hard having a good time with those pretty tall model, right? His monologue manage to still stay on point. Good good. Then, holy moly, Yamada, way too adorable this time. Especially with the, ho ho ho, Yamada Santa. So fucking cute! No wonder Ichikawa can't let the memories go and even being haunted by the character he red because of its so damn good memories.

The next will be the end of year event, visiting shrine, yada-yada something else, and might be leading into the big event for them: confessing time!

Let's see...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 3, 2023 8:33 PM
Apr 2023
Only 2 more episodes to go and here we have the Christmas Eve event for both of them.

It covers chapter 45 to 48 (and a bit of 49) and to be honest, these were one of my least favorite events in the story. I found it awkward due to Ichikawa's constant self-doubt but somehow he finds the courage to believe a bit in himself and in Yamada and helps make the date end in a good tone.
Jun 3, 2023 8:41 PM
Jul 2021
Favorite part:
Ichikawa: is that Yamada?
Yamada: pulls out and starts happily eating a snack
Ichikawa: yes it is
Jun 3, 2023 8:50 PM
May 2015
The reborn of the romcom
Jun 3, 2023 8:53 PM

Jan 2022
It is a damn shame this show only lasts 2 minutes. Nor does it help how much I look forward to watching the next episode. But again, they pack so many beautiful scenes every week. I thought the hand holding scene in blue was interesting. I figure maybe a light blue or sky blue could set the mood better, but eh. The implications they portray by showing and not telling are always masterfully done. I still get a chuckle from the commentary the librarian gives on how things made clear are better said than done. Or something along those lines. (Ep.6 "Sometimes people don't realize the obvious until we write it out for them."- Library-san )

Anyway kinda sad they couldn't fit in the dressing room text msg from the manga. Aside from that, the walking home scene of the mc holding hands was too cute. Also, a woman who picks the restaurant and knows what she wants to eat off the menu? I thought I died and went to heaven.

All in all, I think last week's episode was the pinnacle of the show. WIth two episodes left now. There is so much to cover in an hour that this anime hopefully gets a second season. But at least all good things must come to an end.

edit
+50 points for Yamada Santa*
MariklynJun 3, 2023 9:34 PM
Jun 3, 2023 8:56 PM

Apr 2022
that scarf scene, they had their eren and mikasa moment. 
at least she ain't posting those on the socials.
Jun 3, 2023 10:01 PM
Sep 2021
Ichikawa and yamada are best couple of this season for me, it was solidified again this episode.
Jun 3, 2023 10:17 PM

Nov 2012
oh he's such a numbskull!

They looked like a young mom and son at the cafe.
Jun 3, 2023 10:50 PM

Sep 2018
Looked like a classy young Mother with her edgy little kid lol, quite the contrast. And yeah, rolled my eyes at the mansplain comment, just knew that it was some idiot translator.
Jun 3, 2023 11:26 PM
Jan 2022
IDK who needs to hear this but the date was awfull. The whole thing from start to finish. It only lasted so long because Yamada made a lot and i mean A LOT of effort to keep it going. I don't understand why everyone sees this and thinks it was good or nice or whatever else but just look at how many lines whatever the shy-shota is called had for an entire day... He had maybe 5-6 times where he talked and half of those lines were some mumble bs that meant nothing and nobody else could hear. Imagine going on a date with someone that refuses to look at you for the entire day and mumbles shit all the time and says almost nothing for more than 3-4 hours, or treats you like he is embarassed to be seen in public with you, and pulls away from you all the time and does nothing but stare at his feet. Just think how you would feel after a cpouple of hours with such a person. I hope they never write something like this again but this comes from Japan so at this point i am dissapointed with myself for expecting to see a good story with properly fleshed out characters that are not wimps bing rewarded for being creeps and stalkers and spineless. 
Jun 3, 2023 11:33 PM
Nov 2021
they just couldn't let go of each other's hand.
Jun 3, 2023 11:34 PM

Nov 2020
Dating time.
it's cute when Ishikawa and Yamada are together, also they holding hand when going back to home that make it perfect.
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Jun 3, 2023 11:59 PM
Oct 2016
MY HEART CANT TAKE IT
Jun 4, 2023 12:20 AM

Nov 2009
mitorihonda said:
It's so cute and melts my heart❣️
Can anyone recommend me anime really close to this one
I would say maybe Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken. It's diabetes level of sweetness to me.
Jun 4, 2023 12:26 AM
May 2023
I have read the manga many times in the last three years and have imaged these scenes so many times. The animation differs from the pictures in my brain, and I'm a little disappointed… But I'm still happy to see you all love this episode!
Jun 4, 2023 12:38 AM
Sep 2021
whoever included the word " mansplaining " need to get fired from their jobs
Jun 4, 2023 12:59 AM
Feb 2022
this show is my god I love it
Jun 4, 2023 1:08 AM
Oct 2019
Get a Boner and you are Trash LMAO

I love this episode so much.
What a beautiful Christmas Eve Date episode.
Jun 4, 2023 1:13 AM
Oct 2019
oooo3333 said:
Im sorry, but the MC is in the friendzone with Yamada.   If he confesses, Yamada will friendzone him. 

Bro, are you okay? Like seriously.
Jun 4, 2023 1:15 AM
Oct 2019
sinnerNoWinner said:
The battle shounen of romantic comedies.
Nothing of this stuff has any chance of happening in real life. Just a stupid self insert for lonely otakus.

viewers are probably 90% loners and edgy teenagers.

Time to drop it.

Damn dude, i feel bad for you.
Jun 4, 2023 1:21 AM
Feb 2023
doesntmatter93 said:
IDK who needs to hear this but the date was awfull. The whole thing from start to finish. It only lasted so long because Yamada made a lot and i mean A LOT of effort to keep it going. I don't understand why everyone sees this and thinks it was good or nice or whatever else but just look at how many lines whatever the shy-shota is called had for an entire day... He had maybe 5-6 times where he talked and half of those lines were some mumble bs that meant nothing and nobody else could hear. Imagine going on a date with someone that refuses to look at you for the entire day and mumbles shit all the time and says almost nothing for more than 3-4 hours, or treats you like he is embarassed to be seen in public with you, and pulls away from you all the time and does nothing but stare at his feet. Just think how you would feel after a cpouple of hours with such a person. I hope they never write something like this again but this comes from Japan so at this point i am dissapointed with myself for expecting to see a good story with properly fleshed out characters that are not wimps bing rewarded for being creeps and stalkers and spineless. 
Really glad to see I'm not the only one who understand this
Jun 4, 2023 1:50 AM
Feb 2020
sinnerNoWinner said:
The battle shounen of romantic comedies.
Nothing of this stuff has any chance of happening in real life. Just a stupid self insert for lonely otakus.

viewers are probably 90% loners and edgy teenagers.

Time to drop it.

The season has shown that he is incredibly thoughtful and perceptive of her feelings. She noticed every thoughtful thing he did. I think its about as realistic as you get in a anime. Doesnt hurt that her favorite manga is basically an older version of him as MC.
Jun 4, 2023 1:51 AM
Feb 2020
StrangerBX said:
doesntmatter93 said:
Really glad to see I'm not the only one who understand this

He explain why he felt uncomfortable. And Yamada already knew he would be like that. She is already bought in due to how considerate he is in school.
Jun 4, 2023 3:07 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
That damn violin be piercing my heart and into the depths of my soul every time

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 4, 2023 3:18 AM
Feb 2021
best episode until now it was so cute i love it!!
Jun 4, 2023 5:22 AM

Sep 2018
Darudius said:

I was sure I'd responded to this but hey whatever. I'll go into a little more detail.

Of course mansplaining fits, not because he was mansplaining but because that entirely fits Kyoutarou's mindset, he is so insecure in himself that he too often thinks the worst of Anna and even though the original script would be unlikely to use such an anglicised term it is entirely in keeping with all the other events where he's deducting points even though he has done nothing wrong.

Not saying I think mansplaining is a great choice, but it certainly isn't something to get get all self righteously abusive about.
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jun 4, 2023 5:38 AM
Jul 2022
animejas said:
If there was an award for "Most Improved Show" throughout this season or maybe even this year, this show would probably win it. Compared to how it started, it's great to see how it's turned out for the rest of the run, especially in the last few episodes. It was a nice "date" per say this episode, even though Ichikawa was still lacking confidence and there was an awkward atmosphere from time to time surrounding the date. It makes the date as a whole more interesting though, and with more growth and development of his personality, it'll be interesting to see how he evolves down the line. Good to see Yamada though be proactive and show Ichikawa that she does care for him a lot. She exchanged pictures privately to him, got him to help her pick outfits, eat and have fun together during Christmas Eve. Was a fun overall episode in a refreshing setting to say the least.

Agreed! I thought long about another show that improved and elevated itself from episode to episode and couldn't think of anything quite like this. The show is at a high-point right now but from a few episodes ago this phenomenon was very apparent.

Just incredible romcom progression overall! My only gripe is that if it jumps even higher in the last two episodes, there won't be enough scale left to rate it.
Jun 4, 2023 5:46 AM
Dec 2022
meh as expected they changed that dressing room romantic moment from manga, 

guess they did it to compile with PG-13 
Jun 4, 2023 5:49 AM
Jul 2022
Darudius said:

Yea, that turned me off so much I had subconsciously forgotten about it. Fucking localizers throwing their own ideologies in there for good measure... makes me sick! Still better than a dub, I suppose.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2023

137 by TheAncientOne »»
Yesterday, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

283 by Supremestrawhat »»
Jun 7, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

135 by ichigo_rafi »»
May 21, 2:03 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

370 by Zoopiez »»
May 18, 2:44 PM

» The femal cast support the MC too fast?

passtur - Apr 15

23 by Zoopiez »»
May 18, 9:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.