Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 7, 2023 6:03 PM
Feb 2022
Za_Panda said:
Kimetsu no yaiba
Say whatever you want but that mugen train tv and this world tour thing are just glorified cash grab

Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
not anime but jojo manga feels like complete cash grab.

If you don't like jojo then why the fuck are you reading its 9th part ?
You don't like this particular series so just drop it rather than reading till its 9th part and always bitching how its this and that in the forums
Za_Panda said:
Kimetsu no yaiba
Say whatever you want but that mugen train tv and this world tour thing are just glorified cash grab

Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
not anime but jojo manga feels like complete cash grab.

If you don't like jojo then why the fuck are you reading its 9th part ?
You don't like this particular series so just drop it rather than reading till its 9th part and always bitching how its this and that in the forums
here
This is the perfect answer.I will agree with this man

But ufotable is also a studio after all.
Mar 7, 2023 6:15 PM
Nov 2021
Boruto , MHA , Demon Slayer ,Berserk (2016) and worst of all One Piece just dragging shit till no end. Not to mention Toei Animations just see animes as just products needed to sell for profit. 80% of Toei property falls in this.I know it's a company and there main goal is making money. But they don't even have much quality ,animation is mostly terrible ,dragged out fights , scenes ,unnecessary flashbacks . Some examples are One Piece, Dragon Ball ,Digimon, etc. Just look at how many recap and filler movies One Piece and has.Look how many Spin-offs Dragon Ball has and Non-canon shit.Dragon Ball's manga is goated but anime is very dragged out, One Piece is childish manga it already has a fanbase that can watch the same shit for 10 weeks straight to see 1 minute of new content animated.They get orgasm while watching 5 minutes of Sakuga after 100 episode of nothing but still frames . If "cash-grab" had a synonym it would be "Toei".Im not a Toei hater Pierrot also been doing this with Boruto and they already did that to Bleach (2004) and other anime. But Toei is worst of all. Toei also has done good series like Mononoke which is complete art in anime form. But only got one season as they can't earn shit from that they need to drag kids manga like One Piece till the end times.
Akil29Mar 7, 2023 6:33 PM
Mar 7, 2023 6:29 PM

Apr 2015
BabyBitchRat said:
I feel like most mobile game adaptations are kind of cash grabby.
Definitely so. It's even more evident when their anime adaptations dvd's have codes for the games. The Granblue Fantasy anime is a good example of this. 
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Mar 7, 2023 8:01 PM

Jan 2021
MadanielFL said:
It's clear to me that people here don't even know what "cash grab" means...

I mean, people on this site use "mid" to say something is bad, or that seeing an on model frame is "good animation". Thinking they know how to use terms correctly is giving them too much credit
Mar 7, 2023 8:50 PM

Sep 2021
TheBasicAnimeFan said:
There are two amazing answers that I'm surprised they haven't been mentioned yet:
DRAGON BALL SUPER

Dragon Ball Super exists because Toriyama was pissed off at the crappy live action Dragon ball movie so I don't think it counts.
Mar 7, 2023 9:18 PM

Sep 2016
If there's only one anime that felt more like a cash-grab than an actual anime was Tokyo Mew Mew New. And for one reason:

This anime is nothing more than a soulless and trashy version of the original manga and the 2002 anime but with even worse animation by 2020s standard, worse writting, lots of changes made in the story, skipping so much content from both the manga and the 2002 anime, bland music, shitty character designs, lame ass new outfits for the mews and bland voice acting.

Honestly, i don't think they wanted to make an actual good adaptation of the original manga or even remaking the 2002 anime, but rather promoting some random idol group that nobody has heard of and making another garbage remake of the original manga and anime just to appeal to "Modern Audience."

And the fact that this piece of shit anime even got a season 2 in the first place, i got convinced that Yumeta Company and Graphinica are just milking this franchise even further just for the sake of money. I really hate this practice so much.
"Today's music ain't got the same soul
I like that old time rock and roll" -Bob Seger in 1978.
Mar 7, 2023 9:36 PM
Jun 2019
Khashishi said:

Dragon Ball Super exists because Toriyama was pissed off at the crappy live action Dragon ball movie so I don't think it counts.

Two things:
1. Source?
2. Even if he did say that, that's just an excuse they made up. No company is going to ever say outright that something they are making as a cash grab is a cash grab, or else people won't watch it. They needed an excuse for the public as a reason to continue the storyline, that had already been concluded, that wasn't money.
Mar 7, 2023 9:40 PM
Dec 2022
Any OVA releases before 2010 could be counted as serious cases of cash grabs.
Mar 8, 2023 1:18 AM

Dec 2013
Uzaki-chan
Arknights
Dolls' Frontline
Shenmue the Animation
Mar 8, 2023 2:58 AM

Apr 2020
Boruto must be one of them if it's not obvious enough. 
Mar 8, 2023 3:02 AM

Feb 2021
Kimetsu no Yaiba, I think. They got so much money from the movies.
Mar 8, 2023 5:23 AM

Jan 2019
Imoutocore said:
Fantaria said:
Every ecchi released after High School DxD for 6 years and 80% of all isekai released since Sword Art Online and Log Horizon
watch more anime or increase your IQ pls

Get on my level of anime watched before using the "watch more anime" argument
FantariaMar 25, 2023 1:24 AM
Mar 8, 2023 2:14 PM
Dec 2022
Catalano said:
one piece, there is no development ever, just random nonsensical fights for 2 minutes per episodes while the other 20 minutes are flashbacks but hey, one piece fans are simple people, they forget all about it if they see some shiny furry fighting a dragon for 2 minutes a week
It's not surprising that someone with such a limited attention span can't appreciate the masterpiece that is One Piece. While you're too busy craving instant gratification and mindless entertainment, One Piece fans are indulging in a rich and complex world with well-developed characters, intricate plotlines, and epic fight scenes. If you can't appreciate the purpose behind the fight scenes, then maybe you're not intelligent enough to grasp the deeper themes of the series. And if you can't handle the occasional flashback, then perhaps you should stick to watching mindless garbage that doesn't require any real thought or attention. One Piece fans aren't "simple people" who forget about the plot as soon as a shiny creature appears on screen. We have the intelligence and patience to appreciate a series that requires a long-term investment of our time and emotions. If you can't handle the fact that One Piece is a series that demands commitment and investment, then maybe you're just not cut out for it.
Mar 8, 2023 2:16 PM

Jul 2013
jacoblays said:
Catalano said:
one piece, there is no development ever, just random nonsensical fights for 2 minutes per episodes while the other 20 minutes are flashbacks but hey, one piece fans are simple people, they forget all about it if they see some shiny furry fighting a dragon for 2 minutes a week
It's not surprising that someone with such a limited attention span can't appreciate the masterpiece that is One Piece. While you're too busy craving instant gratification and mindless entertainment, One Piece fans are indulging in a rich and complex world with well-developed characters, intricate plotlines, and epic fight scenes. If you can't appreciate the purpose behind the fight scenes, then maybe you're not intelligent enough to grasp the deeper themes of the series. And if you can't handle the occasional flashback, then perhaps you should stick to watching mindless garbage that doesn't require any real thought or attention. One Piece fans aren't "simple people" who forget about the plot as soon as a shiny creature appears on screen. We have the intelligence and patience to appreciate a series that requires a long-term investment of our time and emotions. If you can't handle the fact that One Piece is a series that demands commitment and investment, then maybe you're just not cut out for it.

one piece is dogshit jacob, move on already
Mar 8, 2023 2:25 PM
Dec 2022
Imoutocore said:
jacoblays said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but One Piece has been a beloved and successful anime/manga series for over 20 years. It's obvious that you're not a true fan and can't appreciate the complexity and depth of the story and characters. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it's clear that your statement is not based on any factual evidence. I think you have a dull mind.
Mar 8, 2023 2:37 PM

Jul 2013
jacoblays said:
Imoutocore said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but One Piece has been a beloved and successful anime/manga series for over 20 years. It's obvious that you're not a true fan and can't appreciate the complexity and depth of the story and characters. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it's clear that your statement is not based on any factual evidence. I think you have a dull mind.

your words moved me, you're right, I'm sorry, one piece is the greatest of all time

Mar 8, 2023 2:44 PM
Dec 2022
Imoutocore said:
jacoblays said:

your words moved me, you're right, I'm sorry, one piece is the greatest of all time

Well, well, well. Look who finally came to their senses. I knew my flawless logic and superior taste would eventually get through to you. It's okay to admit that you were wrong and that One Piece is the greatest anime of all time. After all, it takes a certain level of maturity and intelligence to appreciate the intricate plot, well-developed characters, and epic battles that make One Piece so exceptional. Welcome to the club of true anime connoisseurs.
Mar 8, 2023 3:44 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Magia record. It's horrendous... well, any anime where the source material is a gacha game, but this one is worse since it baits you using the Madoka name.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Mar 8, 2023 3:58 PM

Jun 2021
Fate/Apocrypha and Gun Gale Online. Astolpho sucks and Sion is a whore.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Mar 8, 2023 4:00 PM

Jun 2020
I feel like higurashi gou and sotsu were made to revive the series so they can advertise their gacha game

Mar 8, 2023 4:01 PM

Jul 2012
Unfortunately, most anime are crash grabs. But some are at least good whilst they grab your cash. Others are rather shameless.
There are many I could name but most recently, I watched Kono Suba and found it to be an incredibly lifeless cash grab.
Mar 8, 2023 5:00 PM

Feb 2014
Might get some hate for this, but Pokemon. The games sell themselves but the anime advertises the newest most awesome pokemon, advertisers pay to air commercials on a show that does the exact same thing in every episode
We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons. And for one brief moment, you did. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you had never considered. *That* is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.
Mar 8, 2023 6:48 PM

Aug 2020
I would say EX:ARM, just because of how awful it was. But I just wanted to bring up that the real cash grab move is making a episode 2/3 OP and ED's.
Mar 8, 2023 6:52 PM

May 2014
Whenever they unnecessarily split up parts of a show into a movie when they could have easily been part of the next season or just an ova like they're doing with Demon Slayer and Attack on Titan, and like they did with Orange. I enjoy watching anime in theatres, but sometimes it just feels so scummy when they do things like that.
Mar 8, 2023 6:59 PM

May 2020
Higurashi Gou and Sotsu, the "prequel" already offered us the best.

Maybe try sleeping?

Mar 8, 2023 7:17 PM

Apr 2015
-Cheesecake- said:
Whenever they unnecessarily split up parts of a show into a movie when they could have easily been part of the next season or just an ova like they're doing with Demon Slayer and Attack on Titan, and like they did with Orange. I enjoy watching anime in theatres, but sometimes it just feels so scummy when they do things like that.
Glad someone mentioned this, it's obvious they only do this to make a lot of money from expensive theatre tickets. Happened to Princess Principal and Girls und Panzer and it seriously annoys me. 
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Mar 8, 2023 9:32 PM

Apr 2022
jacoblays said:
Catalano said:

The only deep thing in one piece is Nami's asshole.
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Mar 8, 2023 9:51 PM

Jun 2019
The majority of the shows being pumped out this season and most other seasons.
Mar 8, 2023 9:56 PM

Aug 2022
Ctrl+F Evangelion

No Results.

Literally everything since End of Evangelion is a Cash Grab.
Mar 8, 2023 10:11 PM

Aug 2019
Kaginado. It's only for pre-existing Key fans.
Mar 8, 2023 10:20 PM

May 2021
NGE post EoE movies, BtR!, Boruto, The Inuyasha spin-off.
Mar 8, 2023 10:24 PM

Jul 2020
sulking said:
attack on titan. hasn't that shit been 'the final season' for like 494949 seasons now? just end it jfc i'm tired of seeing things abt it

Op literally said ",rather than putting care and passion into the show"
You're not seeing the passion put into Aot? Why care as long as it's adapted perfect?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 8, 2023 10:57 PM

Oct 2019
El001 said:
Steins;Gate 0
steins;gate 0 is not a cash grab, it's just an extremely flawed adaptation done by a director that couldn't fully handle adapting a VN this hard to adapt.

Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Mar 8, 2023 10:58 PM

Oct 2019
every single thing that can be described as "average isekai" or "average idol anime"
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Mar 8, 2023 11:00 PM
Jul 2018
Demon Slayer, so glad I finished the manga.
Mar 8, 2023 11:04 PM
Jul 2018
KittenCuddler said:
I dropped it a couple weeks back, but that Nier Automata anime was sure feeling like a lifeless cash grab 

The game that the story is based off feels the same in a sense.  Only reason why I'm finishing it is because I won't pick up the game again.
Mar 9, 2023 12:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
icefirestone23 said:
Kimetsu no Yaiba: Jougen Shuuketsu, Soshite Katanakaji
Easiest 10 million dollars Ufotable has ever made. So lazy they didn't even bother removing the credits after the final entertainment district arc.

LMAO, this is so true. 

But it was still good, so I'm willing to spend my money on this. I'm guessing there must've been millions with the same thought and that's why it turned out to be fairly successful. 

@icefirestone23 True, lol. Life’s truly not fair. 
_MushiRock11_Mar 9, 2023 3:39 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 9, 2023 3:04 AM

Mar 2021
_MushiRock11_ said:
icefirestone23 said:
Kimetsu no Yaiba: Jougen Shuuketsu, Soshite Katanakaji
Easiest 10 million dollars Ufotable has ever made. So lazy they didn't even bother removing the credits after the final entertainment district arc.

LMAO, this is so true. 

But it was still good, so I'm willing to spend my money on this. I'm guessing there must've been millions with the same thought and that's why it turned out to be fairly successful. 
they basically grossed more with this recap movie than majority of anime movies and grossed more than even top selling anime blu rays
Mar 9, 2023 3:14 AM

Mar 2021
Za_Panda said:
Kimetsu no yaiba
This guy gets it. This is because they actually made money off literally copy and paste. More than even franchises for a whole new season.
Mar 9, 2023 3:17 AM

Dec 2020
One piece fr every post time skip arc is so much stretched for no reason.
Mar 9, 2023 3:32 AM

Mar 2021
mwalimu said:
Guess which company never gets picked? Aniplex. They charge much higher prices than I normally pay for similar works distributed by Funimation, Sentai, GKIDS, Viz, etc. I still check their prices every time I go on a Blu-ray spree but the Aniplex titles never come close to being a good enough value to consider choosing them over works by other licensees. From everything I've read about Aniplex and their business model, that's not likely to change anytime soon.

Aniplex == cash grab. (But not *my* cash.)
Even in Japan, Aniplex is priced higher since they make you buy 6 whole volumes for the whole thing, and include stuff like soundtracks vs just selling them separately. So you have to pay at least 10000 yen for the whole season vs Kadokawa.
Mar 9, 2023 3:35 AM

Feb 2023
The Fate series. TYPE-MOON works are a hit-or-miss, especially when it comes to Fate. It starts off with Fate/Zero, an excellent series with fantastic directing and a superb main cast. Then it moves to the Stay Night routes, which all of them felt really generic and didn't do justice to the heart Zero gave to start the series. Most characters are either Gary-Stus who are taken way too seriously or comic reliefs for the sake of stupidity.

Oh, and don't get me too started on more of Fate's sequels, ESPECIALLY Grand Order. That greenlit was a side story that doesn't tie in with the main plot.
Mar 9, 2023 3:40 AM

Mar 2021
GreyStoneFlinger said:
Lycoris Recoil is the definition of wasted potential, but it grabs so many viewers, despite, or perhaps because of how generic it is. I feel like the Signal Tower might be involved.
considering it outsold demon slayer, they will probably make a recap movie, make a new movie and make tv cut for discs.

People complain how fast and furious movies are cash grabs that won't end haven't seen love live. It feels like it lost its shine after Aquors and they cannot come up with any type of creative plot. Yes I have seen the franchise. Seen one you have seen them all.
Mar 9, 2023 4:09 AM

Mar 2023
Dragon ball Super and Boruto. Just let those franchise die in peace.
Mar 9, 2023 4:46 AM

Apr 2020
GreyStoneFlinger said:
Lycoris Recoil is the definition of wasted potential, but it grabs so many viewers, despite, or perhaps because of how generic it is. I feel like the Signal Tower might be involved.

Was going to write that. Sadly that is what people are into these days. I don't know why so many of us are easily sold to cheap drama and bad writing.
Mar 9, 2023 5:08 AM
May 2020
Venucurius said:
The Fate series. TYPE-MOON works are a hit-or-miss, especially when it comes to Fate. It starts off with Fate/Zero, an excellent series with fantastic directing and a superb main cast. Then it moves to the Stay Night routes, which all of them felt really generic and didn't do justice to the heart Zero gave to start the series. Most characters are either Gary-Stus who are taken way too seriously or comic reliefs for the sake of stupidity.

Oh, and don't get me too started on more of Fate's sequels, ESPECIALLY Grand Order. That greenlit was a side story that doesn't tie in with the main plot.

Not really a cash grab,since they still produce a hit or miss spin-off but still are well produced compared to other "so called cash grab spin off".
It's a hit or miss more so because of the story or subjective preference of whatever media type the spin- off thing and not so because they gave you poor quality.

The FGO gacha game though is absolutely a cash grab as all Gacha games are hard wired to though.
Mar 9, 2023 5:14 AM
May 2020
icefirestone23 said:
Za_Panda said:
Kimetsu no yaiba
This guy gets it. This is because they actually made money off literally copy and paste. More than even franchises for a whole new season.

The irony is people didn't completely went bonkers mad because of it. Compared to like how people go mad when every bad marvel TV series and movies drop.
+Reruns in tv channels are innately just happening everytime and Demon Slayer just made a glorified rerun for their movie in TV channels.
And they do probably need money at the time, due the tax evasion stuff.
Mar 9, 2023 5:15 AM
Aug 2021
Catalano said:
You like to shit on One Piece a lot yet, you've watched all of them and are still up to date with the latest episode.

It sounds like you're just saying it for the 'memes' but deep inside you actually enjoy it.
Mar 9, 2023 7:22 AM

Feb 2016
Mar 9, 2023 8:43 AM
suii

Dec 2018
any ecchi or harem anime?  its just too sell lewd stuff
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Do you feel shameful listening to cutesy Anime Song?

Dragevard - 7 hours ago

26 by aanj1n »»
5 seconds ago

» Which anime character do you think would make the best therapist, and why? Would you want to be their patient?

Wendoka - May 28

20 by zaako »»
2 minutes ago

» HELP ME FIND THIS ANIME (please)

sussyamongus - 24 minutes ago

2 by Notoshin »»
3 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby? ( 1 2 )

Anjuro - Yesterday

59 by aanj1n »»
4 minutes ago

» Why is fairytail the only Shonen anime that people complain for the power of Friendship when evrey other Shonen anime does.

Lol1268 - Jun 1

32 by TheSunLife »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.