Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 20, 2022 7:17 AM

Apr 2022
In this episode we get introduced to Juliet Queen Elizabeth VIII. Or, alternatively, Jobko. She is adorable. I love tsunderes, and that's exactly what she is.

Speaking of which, Jobko's softer side misses her mother dearly. The poor thing!

Overall, this was another good episode!
Oct 20, 2022 7:45 AM
Sep 2021
Jobko a new club member for the DIY club, there were good moments in this episode, let's see where the DIY club goes from here.
I give it 6/10.
Oct 20, 2022 8:47 AM
Feb 2021
The pig is traumatised TvT
We finally meet Jobko!! it was such a sweet episode <33
Oct 20, 2022 9:26 AM

Jul 2021
Pretty relaxing episode thou not much stuff didn't really happen if you know what I mean like the diy stuff but I really that Jopko's story was straightforward and I'm pretty her mother died due to an accident, who knows.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Oct 20, 2022 10:13 AM

Jul 2021
this anime is super fulfiling :)
Oct 20, 2022 10:52 AM
Aug 2021
cgi-bin said:
gawed said:
I truly hate that shows as awesome as this one get pummeled by stupid reviewers and that those reviews are what the app shows. there should be a way to change that.

it's a cutesy CGDCT show with awesome characters/seyuus and so fluffy and relaxing and we have to put up with troll reviews of 3 stars ???
ggggrrrrrr

Haters gonna hate, just relax and enjoy the show.
Do you really think, that opinion of people, who scored Steins;Gate: 5/10; NHK ni Youkoso!: 4/10; Paprika:3/10; K-On!: 2/10 matters? :)

In this instance it does affect because those are the two main reviews showcased on the show's app section. So people using the app, regardless of the main score, enter the section and are greeted by 2 3 star reviews with an extensive critic of the show. Will that make the show tank or be hated? of course not, but I think it's very unfair and a bad programming / UX mistake from MAL to allow for extremely low levels reviews to be the main reviews and having no way to contest that .
Oct 20, 2022 11:14 AM
Feb 2021
I really like this anime. it purifies my heart.
Oct 20, 2022 11:21 AM

Jul 2016
Wouldn't have minded Yasaku beating Juliet up for being an insolent brat. Just saying.

OK episode. I hate bratty characters so good thing Juliet's shitty attitude only lasted one episode.
Oct 20, 2022 11:29 AM
May 2022
Apenas garotas de animes fofinhas fazendo carpintaria, nada d+, mas eu amo esse estilo de anime, principalmente em momentos tristes, eles limpam a alma.

Pensava q Sefuru-chan ia passa esse episódio sem ir pra enfermaria, mas infezlimente acabou indo, e é meio estranho ver a Purin toda alegre na abertura, será um spoiler?????????? O clube DIY está aumentando e se salvando, agora com a Takumin e Jobko-chan no clube tem tudo pra fica ainda melhor. <3
Oct 20, 2022 12:50 PM
May 2021
Anime para pasar el tiempo muy chill diaria yo, muy relax y sobre todo, Las increíbles conspiranoicas curiosidades de la chica Serufu xd, Totalmente de acuerdo con muchos este anime es lo mejorcito de esta temporada junto con Mushikaburi-hime que también es otro anime de esta temporada
Oct 20, 2022 1:36 PM

Sep 2020
How she enrolled the wrong school is very funny, and she actually has really good skills, good to see she get along with everyone eventually.
Oct 20, 2022 2:16 PM

Jul 2017
HappyCat2004 said:
KANLen09 said:
Oh look, there's a new girl onboard, and she's a foreigner. Unfortunately, Juliet seems quite the hassle to work with, a desire that she hates everything DIY, and bears the hallmarks of a rich, spoiled kid, something that Rei wouldn't slide to. Yelp, the traditional vs. modern marks begin once again.

But beneath all that, Juilet is just as good as Rei in carpentry, and this was her upbringing with her mom.

Juliet will be a fun addition to the DIY Club, that's for sure.

Is it just me or are you everywhere?
Seems like you're new here. Too bad you're gonna see me a lot.
Oct 20, 2022 2:40 PM

Apr 2015
Very cute episode but I hope to see more proper DIY once the gang's all together
"The sea spills over the doorsill into the room, and the cockroaches scramble to escape by crawling up the walls. Those not quick enough are caught in the swirling current and float up with it or lie on their backs pretending to be dead."
Oct 20, 2022 3:38 PM

Aug 2008
Jobko-chan is kind of annoying lol probably my least fav episode
Oct 20, 2022 7:05 PM

May 2021
Pretty good episode. I was surprised that Serufu mentioned Lincoln, Kennedy & Obama in the episode.
Oct 20, 2022 8:21 PM

Nov 2016
The kanji joke at the end got me lmfaooo, i dont blame Jobko
Oct 20, 2022 8:48 PM

May 2019
This has been the best episode so far, and cute Jobko has joined the group. So Jobko's real name is fitting of royalty from the UK but she's from America, ok then. The English (or Engrish) was amusing to hear, good job! lol. But I'm glad that Jobko calmed down and will hopefully enjoy her time in the DIY club.
Oct 21, 2022 12:46 AM
Oct 2015
Jobko quickly improved the impression she initially left on me. The episode was a bit weaker than the previous ones imo.
Oct 21, 2022 1:06 AM
Dec 2021
Lincoln Kennedy Obama XDDDDD
Oct 21, 2022 8:11 AM

Feb 2021
So a new transfer student named Juliet Queen Elizabeth VIII is 12 years old. I would never have seen that coming (seriously no sarcasm here). Enjoyable episode and just when Jobko starts getting on my nerves, Yasaku loudly yells at her only then to be reminded that she is in fact a literal grade schooler. Along with Yasaku, I felt like shit in an instant. This series has been promising so far so gonna keep watching. I wish we got more DIY things though. You know, cool projects even I can follow in my spare time. That would be cool.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Oct 21, 2022 8:14 AM

Feb 2021
On that note, is anyone else confused as to why Serufu and Pudding's schools are literally next to each other? The layout is a bit weird, not to mention the two schools are the exact opposites.

Oct 21, 2022 8:23 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
On that note, is anyone else confused as to why Serufu and Pudding's schools are literally next to each other? The layout is a bit weird, not to mention the two schools are the exact opposites.

No idea but one school being so huge that it robs the other of sunlight seems pretty infuriating.
Oct 21, 2022 8:32 AM

Feb 2021
Smudy said:
Yuu_Kanzaki said:

No idea but one school being so huge that it robs the other of sunlight seems pretty infuriating.
Not only is Pudding's school right next to Serufu's, it also wraps around the Gata high all the way making it seems like Gata high is a part of the other school.

Oct 21, 2022 5:14 PM

Mar 2014
I never like when they are playing a foreigner it so cringey and this new girl is the same with an extra touch of very rude and loudmouth, I don't like her but overall the episode was okay
RedChromeOct 21, 2022 5:21 PM
Oct 21, 2022 6:24 PM
Mar 2014
really cute and relax, love the plot of new characters
Oct 21, 2022 8:24 PM

May 2021
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
is anyone else confused as to why Serufu and Pudding's schools are literally next to each other?

You can read that as the overall theme of Modern vs Classic. In this case, modern inventions are shadowing past techniques and looking down on them. They also probably needed Purin to look over Serufu, otherwise, she wouldn't integrate into the plot as they would obviously grow apart

Oct 21, 2022 8:26 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I just want to say that Rei is adorable. She's just so cute. ;__; She puts up this mature front, but she's actually just protective of her club and interests while being kinda standoffish. Being in the club all alone for a while sounds like it got her a little closed in. I do like that she often realizes what's what after a bit though and that just her being older doesn't mean she's particularly the most emotionally intelligent. Something about her just feels sweet to me. I hope her club goes well. ;o;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 21, 2022 10:20 PM

Sep 2010
Some of the sound in this reminds me of Yuru Camp.

-and how does a 12-year-old go about building a smartphone anyway?
Oct 22, 2022 3:34 AM

Jul 2021
how is this not tagged Iyashikei, i wil never understand.

very relaxing and comforting episode. jobko seems like a good girl. they got one more member which is great. it's hilarious how she got into another school because of a spelling mistake. but well like it's said everything happens for a reason so i'd say it's a good thing she came to this school. i'm sure she's gonna have more fun being in this school instead of purin's.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Oct 22, 2022 5:08 AM

May 2015
Such a cute and wholesome anime.
Oct 22, 2022 5:40 AM

Aug 2014
This show is so calming. I love it!!
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 22, 2022 12:10 PM

Oct 2018
Ah, yes, my favorite anime archetype (s): the Foreigner Fluent in a Language their Voice Actor is Clearly Not. "Jissis perfec! Gujjab!!" "ThAt SoUnDed liKe a nAtIvE sPeAkEr!" Girl can't even cuss people out properly! Though... at the end, it was relatable that one of the plot points was her getting the following months of her life rocked by Japan's writing system.
On a different note, can't wait for the day that Meat gets more than one joke to his existence... or the other two pets get anything at all...
LRConkdorOct 22, 2022 1:29 PM
Oct 22, 2022 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
gotta love the 12 year old and the 17 year old having the most compelling dynamic so far ...
Oct 22, 2022 6:01 PM

Jan 2020
This was a pretty funny episode; sneak, sneak.

That being said, I'm not sure how I feel about Jobko. This wasn't exactly a great introduction for her. Even if she's knowledge, she doesn't seem to have any other redeeming qualities. And, her being rude for most of her screen time didn't help. I guess we'll see if she gets any development, but so far I'm not a fan.

Otherwise, Serufu survives another day! I enjoyed the bit where she hammered the nail so hard it popped the Earth. She has a long way to go before she'll be able to accomplish that I'm afraid. Perhaps one day though.

Also, random Star Wars reference, neat.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 22, 2022 6:05 PM

Jan 2011
I really hate when they have asshole characters and then go, "but she must be lonely," like we should feel bad for her. Sure, her situation is sad, and yeah, she probably is lonely, but that's no excuse for being rude to people for no reason. Her age sheds some light on the way she acts, but it still doesn't justify it. She's lucky she ran into Serufu who's nice to everyone regardless.

I wanted to have more to say than just bitching, but it seems I don't, lol. The art style is really growing on me though, and the OP is super cute.
Oct 22, 2022 6:15 PM
Apr 2022
bratty tsundere kid added to the group, good episode
Oct 22, 2022 8:30 PM

Feb 2021
This show is still as wholesome as before. New member Jobko who's a literal elementary schooler and is way too smart for her own good lol. I'm still enjoying the character designs a lot, looking forward to the next episode!
Oct 22, 2022 8:59 PM

Mar 2018
This episode really impressed me! Jobko is a great character
Oct 23, 2022 12:23 AM

Jun 2016
The engrish really ruined it for me here. The early episodes excited me, and I wish that would've remained, but studios not bothering to deal with this issue gets on my nerves. At the very least, it'd be nice if they didn't have the "your pronunciation is so good" line every time.

Actually, now that I think about it the script was a way bigger issue than the pronunciation. Who the hell says "bad s#!t" out of nowhere, especially to a bunch of Japanese people. Unnatural dialogue can really take people out of the experience. For the Japanese audience I'm sure it's not an issue but it definitely puts off some of the English audience like myself (even against my best efforts).
Oct 23, 2022 5:09 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Tenderizer79 said:
The engrish really ruined it for me here. The early episodes excited me, and I wish that would've remained, but studios not bothering to deal with this issue gets on my nerves. At the very least, it'd be nice if they didn't have the "your pronunciation is so good" line every time.

Actually, now that I think about it the script was a way bigger issue than the pronunciation. Who the hell says "bad s#!t" out of nowhere, especially to a bunch of Japanese people. Unnatural dialogue can really take people out of the experience. For the Japanese audience I'm sure it's not an issue but it definitely puts off some of the English audience like myself (even against my best efforts).

I personally love Engrish everytime it pops out, gets a giggle out of me almost everytime.

I just wonder if the studios are aware of this and do this on purpose or not.
Oct 23, 2022 7:29 AM
Oct 2021
This episode was able to show Jobko's deep sadness in a warm and conforting way. That girl, the youngest in the school, is far from home, lonely and in need. Even if she looks blunt, stubborn or quick tempered, the rest of the club starts noticing one by one that she's vulnerable, that she craves conection.

She's not going to stay for long, but while it last, she's in good company.
Oct 24, 2022 9:53 AM

Apr 2012
Why do Americans say "good job" so often in anime? Is it really such a favorite idiom among English-speaking people? I have never seen this in American films.

Tenderizer79 said:

Every CGDCT show should have a Western girl with bad English or at least Russian, that's the law.

LRConkdor said:
Ah, yes, my favorite anime archetype (s): the Foreigner Fluent in a Language their Voice Actor is Clearly Not. "Jissis perfec! Gujjab!!" "ThAt SoUnDed liKe a nAtIvE sPeAkEr!" Girl can't even cuss people out properly! Though... at the end, it was relatable that one of the plot points was her getting the following months of her life rocked by Japan's writing system.
On a different note, can't wait for the day that Meat gets more than one joke to his existence... or the other two pets get anything at all...

Hah. Just imagine a show where you take a VA with a professional knowledge of the Russian language and don't give her the role of the only Russian character in the show. It's the same with English speaking VA in a few idol shows.

Oct 24, 2022 11:20 AM

Oct 2018
Another good episode, very comfy.
Oct 24, 2022 4:08 PM

Jun 2016
RobertBobert said:
Tenderizer79 said:

Every CGDCT show should have a Western girl with bad English or at least Russian, that's the law.
Unike Akiba Maid Sensou, which got a native Russian speaker to voice the native Russian character.
Oct 24, 2022 4:12 PM

Apr 2012
Tenderizer79 said:
RobertBobert said:

Unike Akiba Maid Sensou, which got a native Russian speaker to voice the native Russian character.

Are there Russian characters in Aloba Maid? I haven't watched the third episode yet.
Oct 25, 2022 9:02 AM
Jul 2011
more DIY yeyeye and more Serufu
Oct 26, 2022 7:20 AM
Jul 2017
Helicopter toukou.
I love how they eat pork everyday lol
Oct 26, 2022 7:56 PM
Mar 2015
An American shows up by mistake
Oct 26, 2022 8:04 PM

Jul 2012
Serafos said:
Juliet is a great addition to the show. I love her character.

Hilarious scene.

Serufu is such a klutz. :P

Not only have I done that with my shoelaces, I've also had the loops of my shoelaces wrap themselves around the wheels of my desk chair.
Oct 28, 2022 5:48 AM

Aug 2021
The pork scenes are always hilarious XD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 21, 2022

141 by Puncheon »»
May 21, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2022

240 by The-Black-Terror »»
May 1, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Oct 12, 2022

173 by Wonderlust_Arte »»
Apr 24, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 26, 2022

106 by ANDRZEJ11121 »»
Dec 11, 2023 12:38 PM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 14, 2022

62 by HanamiDango »»
Oct 15, 2023 2:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.