Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 10, 2022 5:23 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty decent. The synopsis makes it seem like it could be more endearing than what we saw in this episode. I'll stick around to see what becomes of this.
Jul 10, 2022 5:31 PM
Jan 2021
Tbh it was pretty good, at least better than cheat kukushi slow life lmao. I would complain only on art style and colors, but animations and plot seem good.Ima start the manga right away lol
Jul 10, 2022 6:16 PM

May 2015
Wow thats the first time in an isekai anime where I've seen someone actually be terrified at how OP the MC is when they first transport. Particularly as she seems to be one of the main support cast.

It was quite interesting. They really detailed her scared expression which I didn't expect out of a series like this.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 10, 2022 6:23 PM

Oct 2021
I think the white-haired girl got nerfed.
Jul 10, 2022 6:28 PM
Jan 2017
its another OP isekai,,
Just Like Common Isekai as always, but im kinda curious about the sensei reaction,, maybe i try 1 more episode before drop it
Jul 10, 2022 6:38 PM

Jan 2020
I’ve had my eye on this series since the trailer came out. Although I’m not a fan of the VA change for the mc, this is looking like a fun watch.
Jul 10, 2022 7:05 PM
Jun 2022
KANLen09 said:
Novelist Liz Takayama's only work that bears a striking resemblance to Mushoku Tensei in both wording and feeling, it's certainly that close semblance of emotion since this is a Syosetu adaptation.

31-year-old Kanji Yakutani being a medical professor, associate, pharmacologist and researcher to conduct experiments day in and day out, and his death coming in due to typical stress and overwork, to only be reincarnated as Farma de Médicis, a child that's taken care of by maidservant Charlotte "Lotte" Soller whom got struck by lightning and survived.

The fantasy world's form of magic: Shinjutsu a.k.a Divine Arts, and somehow in the memory loss, Farma has forgotten how to use it. And in the same similar vein of Rudeus, using water as a test of his powers that stems from the thunder-like vein marks on his arms: the god of medicine Panactheos.

In accordance to Farma's well-renowned and distinguished de Médicis pharmacist family with father Bruno (whom at random, spews out quizzes for constant memory retraining), mother Beatrice and younger sister Blanche, and most certainly his personal tutor-cum-top apprentice pharmacologist Eléonore "Elen" Bonnefoi, re-teaching Farma on the Divine Arts that requires a Divine Wand that amplifies Divine Power. It's a given that Farma would somehow be OP as heck, indeed he's blessed by Panactheos, the power that cannot be divulged in any circumstance that also has a hidden secret: being able to notice injuries that glow blue and causes in white, the Divine Eye. But being a soul that has no shadow, that's easily the scariest part.

Just admit it: this is outright plainly Mushoku Tensei, but if only made in a pharmacy-like world. Regardless of how you see this show, it's gonna be one of the noteworthy better Isekai shows of the season.

I agree with you But it is interesting to see about medicine in isekai life.
Jul 10, 2022 8:41 PM
Dec 2017
He is a much better person than me, because if i was him I would’ve played the most evil act and made her faint it would’ve been HILARIOUS.
Jul 10, 2022 8:58 PM
May 2017
Very good episode. Character design, art and animation are good. Very interesting story. The series already got my attention. Rooting to be surprised in a positive way.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jul 10, 2022 9:49 PM
Aug 2017
Glad to see the adaptation being solid so far, I read a lot isekai manga adaptations and there were a couple that went for the medicine/doctor route but this one's easily the best of them IIRC I remember hearing the author actually had some background in medicine, which definitely shows.
Jul 10, 2022 10:02 PM
Nov 2021
I liked the episode, although there are four things that stuck out to me. 1) Honestly the whole isekaid into a royal pharmacist family is too convenient imo. Reminds me of Strongest Assassin, but I definitely like this better than that. 2) why would being able to create any element make you a god or a monster? I get it if you used it all for attacking others, but so far havent really seen anything dangerous. The water spear just seems like a hose on jet mode. Mc would do damage simply by sheer amount, but that doesnt exactly have to coincide with having no magical attribute. 3) the fear of a guy who can see injuries. Like wtf lol. I guess its a combination of superstition and the unknown, but you would imagine with her being his teacher she would want to help him instead of getting scared and running away. 4) Why exactly can't he tell his own father about his ability? I get the fear of being used by others, but his father is his father. Pretty sure this anime is all about him introducing modern medicine and having to fight against other people's opinions. His dad might support him if he knew that he was "different". Call it the wisdom of their medicine god being passed down or whatever, would work imo. I could understand the mc coming to the conclusion of keeping it to himself simply because he isnt Farma and doesnt actually know what his new dad's like, but doesn't make sense for his teacher to tell him that. Honestly if you're going to give someone unlimited magical power and make his while backstory be about saving his family (watched a trailer before watching episode, seems like the main part of this season will be saving his new sister), at least let him confide in them.
Jul 10, 2022 10:28 PM

Oct 2008
another isekai turned-out to be overpowered MC on a medical science profession in a not so modern realm? i digg this!
4/5.

Jul 10, 2022 11:03 PM

Jan 2021
I went into this expecting another pharmacy isekai similar to Drug Store in Another World: The Slow Life of a Cheat Pharmacist, but I was surprised at how different it was. Not only are the visuals better, but the story is miles above.

I was a bit confused abou this teacher's reaction, but I guess she is shocked about the sudden change, or there is some sort of stigma surrounding the gods. I still think it was abit over the top though.

This is one of the few shows I think I'll definitely have my eye on, so lets see where it goes.

Jul 11, 2022 12:33 AM
Jan 2020
Oh, it's actually good. Shame Diomedea is doing this. But My Isekai Life is getting the best animation possible. Why can't actual good Isekai's get good animation?
Jul 11, 2022 2:12 AM
Apr 2021
The manga i read back 3 years ago finally got an anime adaptation and I couldn’t be more pleased with this episode it was actually done very good and very well I liked the pacing and the animation is great it wasn’t choppy or clunky at all🙌🏽
Jul 11, 2022 2:57 AM

May 2021
Got me hooked, looking forward for more
Jul 11, 2022 4:06 AM
Dec 2021
KANLen09 said:
Novelist Liz Takayama's only work that bears a striking resemblance to Mushoku Tensei in both wording and feeling, it's certainly that close semblance of emotion since this is a Syosetu adaptation.

31-year-old Kanji Yakutani being a medical professor, associate, pharmacologist and researcher to conduct experiments day in and day out, and his death coming in due to typical stress and overwork, to only be reincarnated as Farma de Médicis, a child that's taken care of by maidservant Charlotte "Lotte" Soller whom got struck by lightning and survived.

The fantasy world's form of magic: Shinjutsu a.k.a Divine Arts, and somehow in the memory loss, Farma has forgotten how to use it. And in the same similar vein of Rudeus, using water as a test of his powers that stems from the thunder-like vein marks on his arms: the god of medicine Panactheos.

In accordance to Farma's well-renowned and distinguished de Médicis pharmacist family with father Bruno (whom at random, spews out quizzes for constant memory retraining), mother Beatrice and younger sister Blanche, and most certainly his personal tutor-cum-top apprentice pharmacologist Eléonore "Elen" Bonnefoi, re-teaching Farma on the Divine Arts that requires a Divine Wand that amplifies Divine Power. It's a given that Farma would somehow be OP as heck, indeed he's blessed by Panactheos, the power that cannot be divulged in any circumstance that also has a hidden secret: being able to notice injuries that glow blue and causes in white, the Divine Eye. But being a soul that has no shadow, that's easily the scariest part.

Just admit it: this is outright plainly Mushoku Tensei, but if only made in a pharmacy-like world. Regardless of how you see this show, it's gonna be one of the noteworthy better Isekai shows of the season.

I'd like to add "and without a perverted mc."
Jul 11, 2022 4:14 AM

Mar 2019
good start + i like these kind of Isekais where MC usually more knowledgeable and superior than others
Jul 11, 2022 4:59 AM

Mar 2008
What an intro. Can’t recall last time I teared up from such a sad life. Having a sibling die from cancer then become so caught up trying to create pharmacological treatments to point of working themselves to death.

I kinda like how there is legit fear over the overpowering of Farma instead of just oooiing and aweing about it by everyone.

I have to assume the original Farma died from the lightning strike which is why the lack of a shadow. It’s a way to show Farma’s soul has left and the body is now occupied by the MC.

Jul 11, 2022 8:47 AM

Jun 2021
Man, I watch this because of Ueda Reina's voice, also Kuro no Shoukanshi has Ueda Reina's voice too in there as a system, this is a blessing for me
Jul 11, 2022 11:16 AM

Jun 2016
interesting to watch !!
Jul 11, 2022 11:38 AM
Nov 2021
I'm getting big "Aristocrat Assassin Isekai" vibes from last year, rather than Mushoku Tensei like some people say here. That show started alright at the very least, let's see how this one goes.
Jul 11, 2022 12:59 PM
Oct 2020
Doesn't seem bad. I'll have to watch a bit more to determine rather to watch or not.
Jul 11, 2022 4:48 PM
Dec 2021
SHINOBI-03 said:
Heheh ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yes… a new meme. Honestly, that’s have too much of a lewd mind. The first thing that sprang on my brain was “ho!” Followed by a smirk.
Jul 11, 2022 4:49 PM
Dec 2021
Joey-XD19202 said:
A pretty interesting start to this anime, and suprisingly, unlike most isekai protagonists in their past lives, this one was actually a perfectly functioning member of society. He even had a job and was great at it.

The animation was nothing really noteworthy, but it's pretty bearable unlike a specific anime airing this season.

I'm excited to see how Farma, or is it Falma, will resolve his current conflict regarding his status as a "monster."

“A specific anime airing this season” you’re talking about The slime one, aren’t you?😂
Jul 11, 2022 5:05 PM
Jun 2019
Bikuta-san said:
Joey-XD19202 said:
A pretty interesting start to this anime, and suprisingly, unlike most isekai protagonists in their past lives, this one was actually a perfectly functioning member of society. He even had a job and was great at it.

The animation was nothing really noteworthy, but it's pretty bearable unlike a specific anime airing this season.

I'm excited to see how Farma, or is it Falma, will resolve his current conflict regarding his status as a "monster."

“A specific anime airing this season” you’re talking about The slime one, aren’t you?😂

Nai, my friend, I was referring to the Biscuit anime airing this season and how the "animation" in the manga is even better than the anime. Have you seen it? I watched the first episode and decided not to put it on my list. Surprisingly, I find the slime one also bearable. How about you?
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 11, 2022 5:08 PM
Dec 2021
Joey-XD19202 said:
Bikuta-san said:

Nai, my friend, I was referring to the Biscuit anime airing this season and how the "animation" in the manga is even better than the anime. Have you seen it? I watched the first episode and decided not to put it on my list. Surprisingly, I find the slime one also bearable. How about you?

Nah dude, haven’t seen it. But I’ve downloaded it. I just didn’t feel like watching it yet, it’s synopsis is confusing as heck.
Jul 11, 2022 5:11 PM
Jun 2019
Bikuta-san said:
Joey-XD19202 said:

Nah dude, haven’t seen it. But I’ve downloaded it. I just didn’t feel like watching it yet, it’s synopsis is confusing as heck.

Yep. Watch and see how the animation looks. Although I do understand that the staff working on that anime must be working their hardest to deal with the cards they have been given, it's still disappointing nonetheless.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 11, 2022 8:00 PM

May 2019
So I haven't watched many isekais so far (I'm currently watching one other one right now) but this one has grabbed my attention. It started very depressing with the MC's sister dying very young and then him dying apparently due to overwork/stress. But he "wakes up" and is reincarnated as a boy in a medieval-type setting/timeline, and it appears that he still has the knowledge that he had from his other life, which I think will make him OP here. The characters are well drawn and the two female characters, Charlotte and Elen are cute. Also, he has a sister here, but I doubt she has any of the personality/traits from his original sister, we'll see I suppose. The ending was odd with Falma not having a shadow, maybe that is due to him being reincarnated though? I don't blame Elen for freaking out though. Curious how this anime will play out.
Jul 12, 2022 3:17 AM

Oct 2016
I heard people say this was the better pharmacy Isekai, when I was watching Drug Store in Another World last year, and they were right, this show is already a lot better.

Really interesting start. Yakutani died, and became a God, honestly, he deserves it. That backstory was rough.

Definitely backtracked the episode and tried to find if his shadow was really gone lmao, but they were cleverly hiding it throughout the episode. I mean, if I was Elen, I'd be a little creeped out too, finding out my student suddenly turn into a God. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 12, 2022 11:03 AM

Jun 2013
Hmm no shadow? What a twist
Jul 12, 2022 1:06 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows a guy who for working too hard dies and reincarnates in a world of magic as a pharmacist and his magic power is so great that it scares his teacher
Jul 12, 2022 5:43 PM

Oct 2015
Tragic opening episode. I can't get over the fact he died in his sleep, how grim.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 13, 2022 9:54 AM
Jun 2020
Yakutani's story before he got isekai'd can be a pretty good plot for an whole series but instead we got isekai but hey I'm not complaining.

I don't usually watch isekai that much but this has something very interesting in it idk why...
Jul 13, 2022 7:14 PM
Jul 2021
Damn I did NOT see it ending that way. I really thought she'd be freaked out and then chill out and it was played for laughs. I thought she'd be his secret helper, well keeping that a secret. I hope she comes around, I like her and the other assistant in the beginning. Very Kawaii
Jul 15, 2022 9:29 AM
Apr 2018
okay good story according to the manga nothing is cut plus the visual magic is good and don't forget the details don't have a shadow throughout the episode
Jul 15, 2022 12:45 PM

Jul 2012
Well, this looks fairly decent. The whole thing about the pharmacy caught my attention, it's an interesting theme.
The MC seems likable so far.
Also his dad is hot (2nd show from summer 2022 I start, 2nd time I find the "dad of the show" hot lmao, keep them coming)
Jul 16, 2022 10:17 AM

Jan 2022
Tsk tsk improper pipetting technique. The name master "Farma" made me laugh, its quite fitting. I'm excited to see what's in store!! As someone who was a pharm tech I loved all the medicine and chemistry references
This never updates so that's cool
Jul 16, 2022 5:21 PM

Nov 2009
Welp, the dude got Isekai'd after he died from over-work...

RIP Earth I guess... he was slowly having a break through on curing Cancer...

Not only that, but his assistant seems to have a romantic interest toward him...

___ ___ ___

And then MC scares off his tutor, LOL...

Understandable, MC be a monster of sorts if he has power no one else has ever had before.

We do this in RL too to literally everything... (things we don't understand, just destroy it, problem solved)

___ ___ ___

Also, MC got lucky on Isekai and was placed into Nobility... imagine if he was in poor people area... this would have a entirely different turn out... thinks what would happen if he was on the side of "Robin Hood" type and rebel against the government cause only Nobles can get medicine treatments and no one can go against them due to Nobles having Divine Arts (aka MC be using his art to create chemical weapons and overthrown the government and taking over the kingdom like a certain other anime... LOL)
amlgJul 16, 2022 9:28 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 16, 2022 6:15 PM
Nov 2019
Well I have to say I like this episode.

Not only does this show finally have a character that gives a quite believable reaction to Falma's reincarnation with Eléonore Bonnefoi, who immediately notices Falma's different behavior and gets scared when he suddenly has monstrous powers and no shadow.

But we also have quite subtle hints, that Falma's parents probably don't care much about him.
He was struck by lightning, miraculously survives, wakes up yet neither one of them visit him throughout the entire day.
Even at the dinner table they don't notice his change in behavior and no one except the little sister even bothers to ask how he is feeling. The father simply asks a dumb quiz and the mother just assumes, because he's awake and can walk, he's fine.

While you can argue that he might act more calmly around his parents than he does around Eléonore, I don't see why he would act calm around his little sister and she also asks if he's fine which could hint at her noticing his different behavior or simply being genuine concern, we will see.

Overall quite a nice first episode.
Jul 16, 2022 8:14 PM

Jun 2019
As someone with an interest as a side hobby in a number of areas which are a subset of or have applicability to medical science including neuropharmacology, molecular biology, organic chemistry, and computational chemistry, and also one who has requested anime pertaining to pharmacology/pharmaceutical R&D and various scientific disciplines in posts going back the past few years whenever those thread topics are raised on the MAL forum and I notice them and feel like weighing in, I was delighted by that aspect of this.

The only thing which really annoys me is the typical reactionary tribal small-minded idiot "burn the witch" type woman instructor reacting in a totally unjustified apoplectic fit at the end as if she were a 16th century Dutch Calvinist seeing Lucifer descend in the flesh. Can't stand those type of people who would rather sprint away in circles screaming or cower in fear than actually take two seconds to listen to the explanation of the person their freakout is directed toward or display even a modicum of restraint to be able to sit and think and ascertain fairly quickly their demeanor obviously isn't threatening or malicious. Not saying the person (main character Farma in this case) is guaranteed to be some benevolent force with only positive intentions if they act calm and nice, but running around screaming about it like a chicken without their head isn't going to solve anything at all. Use your damn head and calm the fuck down.
WatchTillTandavaJul 16, 2022 8:20 PM
Jul 16, 2022 11:23 PM
Jul 2021
What I got from this episode:

1- MC sleeps in 46 minutes cycles once or twice per day dies of exhaustion, pikachu face.
2- MC gets reincarnated into a uber handsome/rich/powerful 10/12 y/o boy, keep calm it's just another Tuesday after all.
3- MC finds out he doesn't cast a shadow, meh here we go again.

The total calmness of the MC is beyond ridiculousness. And how is he going to live a "normal" life without a shadow? Will he become a hermit?
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jul 17, 2022 3:49 AM

Nov 2016
Im surprised that hand technique can make me see things clear without glasses
Jul 17, 2022 6:31 AM

Apr 2020
Died from overwork, revive as a noble, let's go.

Big Mushoku Tensei vibes for me since he has A LOT of power even his teacher kinda looked to him like a monster. Hopefully this show is more than just what it seems.
Jul 17, 2022 8:40 AM
Mar 2012
Useful Aqua as teacher lol. No shadow!
Farma's family so weird feel unrealistic, like totally ignore lightningstruck-not-quite-dead son till dinner.
It's well done & alright cast, but so many pharmacy/herb shows already.
Jul 18, 2022 2:20 AM

Mar 2013
Lotte's character is really cute and adding her VA into account would make her stunningly L-O-V-E-L-Y!!!

This episode is a refreshing start after watching (and read) so many isekai lmao

Elen's reactions were really entertaining me. I dunno why though.
CrazyButNot4UJul 18, 2022 2:34 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 19, 2022 3:34 PM

Sep 2014
A medical biopharmacologist?

Finally a MC isekai I can relate to!
Jul 24, 2022 10:03 PM
Oct 2019
6/10. fairly standard first episode of an isekai

what was great, though, was the whole shadow scene. that was something haha. kind of creepy in a way, too. i totally get why she freaked out and ran away half blind
Jul 25, 2022 5:16 AM

Nov 2013
Hmm, interesting first episode, despite the fact dude's already OP because of knowledge of modern medicine. Nah, he's also "god's chosen" with OP eye and god-level magic... and he happens to live in a rich family...

Poor Elen though.
Jul 25, 2022 6:27 PM

Oct 2011
I like the premise of modern knowledge being used in an isekai (because I feel like on most isekais, the fact of the MC being from Earth have 0 influence in the story ^^' )... remind me of Bookworm

but the guy is so OP ^^' ... not only he convinientely reborn in a family of druggists, his family is rich, have high status, he can diagnose people just by looking, he can create every drug from nothing and have pratically infinity "magic power"? can his life be easier?

I compared with Bookworm, but poor Myne whish she had 1% of this guy's lucky
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something.....

Ghefira - May 21

2 by Codes247 »»
May 21, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Isekai Yakkyoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2022

66 by czurny_typ »»
May 10, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Isekai Yakkyoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2022

55 by DIVYANIME »»
Mar 22, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Isekai Yakkyoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2022

152 by _KiieL »»
Mar 12, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Isekai Yakkyoku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2022

63 by borodino21 »»
Feb 26, 6:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.