Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 1, 2022 2:31 PM

Jun 2021
I don't know how this anime keeps getting better every episode, like, the there isn't a better way to to describe this ep other than WTF!

Thankfully, we got some answers in this episode like how does Shinpei loops and how Ushio's shadow is not normal, we even got revelations of things that weren't even a mystery, like the fact that Tokiko's mother is a shadow and that her dad feeds the Haine with corpses, like, Wow.

The animation, the story, the OST, everything was on point in this week's episode.

10/10 episode.

Jul 1, 2022 2:37 PM
Mar 2015
All for feeding the god
Jul 1, 2022 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
This show has a way of ending episodes making me want more immediately
Jul 1, 2022 3:57 PM

Jan 2020
Pretty obvious what's happening here. I think we finally got the full picture. The god/Haine is trying to eat everyone on the island, but to do that it's manipulating Tokiko. The thing is, her father is well aware of the disaster and isn't doing it to "save" his wife, but probably to reach some ulterior motive. Pretty interesting to be honest.

One thing I'm worried about is the starting point of the loop. We see in this episode that Ushio and Shinpei go back to the point where Shinpei meets Nagumo which is waaaay beyond the starting point of the 4th loop (aka the previous loop) if I'm not mistaken. I wonder how Shinpei will take it from here.

As usual, summarizing the main point of the episode:
1) Ushio isn't just dysfunctional copy, she exhibits powers and abilities far more superior to those of regular shadows and that can rival Haine's.
2) Confirmed: Sou's father is dealing with the shadows.
3) Shinpei's right eye allows him to travel back in time and shape the course of events. Simply put, Shinpei reverses the timeline every single time to create a new parallel universe by changing certain events.

My thoughts/predictions:
Again, it's really hard to see where this will go after this episode and if there's still information that we aren't let in on, but I'm sure Shinpei is going to try to recover Ushio's corpse and team with Nagumo. I don't think it's wise to go after Sou's father and it won't even be possible to take on that giant creepy shadow.

The voice acting of this episode is top-notch. Kudos to Hanae for that last scene where Shinpei is choking on the poison and cussing Haine's servant out. I like the gory scenes that we're getting and hope to see more of them in the next episodes.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jul 1, 2022 6:04 PM

Jan 2020
Damn, this soundtrack and the enemies being shadows are giving me NIER flashbacks lol
Jul 1, 2022 6:16 PM

Jan 2019
This was an amusing episode. The graphics were actually stunning. Not only the animation, but the light work was also charming in itself as it helped in setting the tone, by choosing a warm set of colors with high contrast that matched the tense and adrenaline-heavy atmosphere.

Although I'm not going to think too hard about why the Shadows have shadows themselves, or how Ushio was held immobile despite that being her projection. I don't know if the Shadows just blend with the natural shadows of their elusive bodies, or if they are the actual shadows, which is what I thought was the case.

The voice acting was pretty on point here too, annoying loli goddess aside. Maybe it's just me, but I felt like the deliveries in this episode were more composed and serious than the usual dramatic screaming all the way, which benefitted the somber, dreadful situation; Shinpei's inner thoughts were also mostly "calm" or rather hopeless until his turning point of anger.

That cliffhanger was well executed.

Atavistic said:
I cannot take an antagonist voiced by Misaki Kuno seriously on any level. I like Misaki Kuno, but a voice as unnatural and high-pitched as hers does not fit a main antagonist at all. Nor can I take seriously the hyper-exaggerated faces that came back again at certain moments this episode, and I wish that was something the show would just stop doing because it completely breaks my immersion for a moment.

Same here for both of these things. For the art, I'm kinda fine with the overreactive faces since it's a common trope in edgy horror anime, but what really distracts me is when the art style completely changes for certain frames.

Atavistic said:
That aside, excellent fight and an interesting explanation of how Shinpei's power actually works, although I'm struggling to reconcile that explanation with the fact that he starts each new loop a little bit further forward than the last: is it only acting like that because he hasn't mastered it, or is that how it's supposed to work? But why would that be how it works if the power allows the user to view the timelines parallel to each other?

I'm guessing it's just a plot device to put a cap on his power and make things more interesting. lol
Jul 1, 2022 6:30 PM
Apr 2022
show is cool but honestly I feel like it drags on a bit, especially episode 12, this show could be wrapped up in 24 episodes 2 seasons but I get the feeling they will milk it heavily, while I like the show overall its not particularly creepy, there are some seriously f***ed up creepy animes out there and this one doesn't break top 10 on that scale, and on a scale of 1-10 10 being awesome its about a 7.5 maybe 8, I've read alot of people's opinions and seen people talking like it's the greatest ever and I just don't see it, too many mistakes and heavy plot armor where the story should have ended there but basically just gave them another chance without reason like seriously, that's one of my biggest issues, it one thing for a character to overcome odds and push past their limits its another when its handed to them again and again throughout the entire show, not to mention the glaring plot hole in it that basically renders the entire thing mute, if you don't know dm I'm not posting it here cause it will spoil the entire show
Jul 1, 2022 6:33 PM

Aug 2020
I'm getting goosebumps. Is Shinpei the new Subaru but better? Man, the killing moments of the shadows this episode was way too brutal. Intense episode!!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 1, 2022 7:49 PM

Jul 2019
Bro, what an episode, so many emotions for all that was going on. By far show of the season to me. Can't wait for next episode!
Jul 1, 2022 8:05 PM
Aug 2021
mmmm am I missing something or did Shinpei picked the starting point of the 5th loop?

so far it was supposed that he was going back the same amount of "hours/days" every loop, and the further into the future he's gone is the summer festival which still a was a day or two away from this episodes actions.
so I don't understand why he now goes back to a point in the past way ahead of where it's supposed to be the starting point.

plot device to save us from repetition?
Jul 1, 2022 8:13 PM
Aug 2021
so we know can confirm that haine doesn't have her eye right now...and we know from EP 1 scene 1 that it is Ushio who gave him the eye. so what? shadow ushio had a first loop alone, stole and scanned haines eye way before these events happened, then used it to loop back and give it to Shinpei? but she doesn't remember or she's hiding the fact? mmmm a bit confusing yet.
Jul 1, 2022 8:46 PM

Mar 2010
Of course. Mio becomes a hostage after dumbly following the shadow down into the sewers. Most gruesome timeline.. Everyone dies horribly.
Jul 1, 2022 10:41 PM
Jun 2012
gawed said:
mmmm am I missing something or did Shinpei picked the starting point of the 5th loop?

so far it was supposed that he was going back the same amount of "hours/days" every loop, and the further into the future he's gone is the summer festival which still a was a day or two away from this episodes actions.
so I don't understand why he now goes back to a point in the past way ahead of where it's supposed to be the starting point.

No it's goes back to last change point him made in a based off a previous loop.
Jul 2, 2022 12:32 AM
Dec 2020
Everyone trying to save Mio and she's doing dumb things lol
Shinpei's eye is something which needs more explanation
Jul 2, 2022 1:15 AM

May 2019
Man, what an intense episode! Just when I thought all hope was lost Shinpei poisons himself to be able to loop, and takes Ushio with him! Enjoyed reading people's comments that explain what we saw as I had a bunch of wtf moments. This was the anime of the spring season and will probably be also the anime of the summer! Looking forward to the next episode!
Jul 2, 2022 1:56 AM

Jul 2019
What a banger, what a fucking banger. Look out Haine, your reincarnation ceremony won't be a cake walk anymore.
Jul 2, 2022 2:16 AM

May 2015
After learning Tokis motivations it's really difficult for me to find fault in her motivations even though that shadow version of her mother isn't real. It's real enough to her! Although she didn't seem to be facing the reality of how hungry the mother shadow was.

The true power of Shinpeis eye sounds really OP. It'd probably be a much shorter story if he could gain full control of that. But what he can do with it is more then enough to win in my book. Now two loopers know where the big bad lives, give them some prep time and haine is not going to have such a good time.
Jul 2, 2022 2:22 AM

Jul 2021
LMAO the rendering censorship.

Shinpie meeting the same fate as Subaru. The suffering commences.

This was such a great episode. We at least found out that Tokiko wasn't the bad guy, she had no choice but to help afterall.

Too many deaths in a single episode, oh boy.

Didn't like the lack of Shinpie's screaming after getting his fingers cut off anD eyeball removed.

But holy shit did they make the Haine cute.

We are slowly getting to know more things, the egg thingy with Ushio. And hopefully Shinpie masters his right eye powers and stuff.

This was going to become a very very harsh reality if Shinpie didn't have the poison with him, the thought of that reality becoming true was freaking scary.

One question though, are there gonna be 2 Ushio shadow's in this loop now? One from the current loop and one that Shinpie bought back?

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 2, 2022 2:24 AM
Jan 2019
TsutanaiFuun said:

This was such a great episode. We at least found out that Tokiko wasn't the bad guy, she had no choice but to help afterall.

Didn't like the lack of Shinpie's screaming after getting his fingers cut off anD eyeball removed.

We are slowly getting to know more things, the egg thingy with Ushio. And hopefully Shinpie masters his right eye powers and stuff.

This was going to become a very very harsh reality if Shinpie didn't have the poison with him, the thought of that reality becoming true was freaking scary.

5/5.

Is Haine supposed to be scary? Can you show the manga pages of Haine?
Jul 2, 2022 2:28 AM

Jul 2021
Unoriginality said:
TsutanaiFuun said:

5/5.

Is Haine supposed to be scary? Can you show the manga pages of Haine?
Oh I didn't mean it that way. I haven't read the manga. I just thought that when other shadows are scary and creepy so the god of these shadows must be scary too but well she's cute, though her current form isn't the true form, it's the form of first human she copied but still I didn't expect her to be cute and acting cute with the pouting and stuff.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 2, 2022 4:43 AM

May 2021
Craziest episode so far. Amazing how an episode manages to be better than the previous one. And his ability seems to have received a new power-up lol.

Jul 2, 2022 8:21 AM
May 2021
This episode went full Higurashi/ Re zero. Massacre brutal af and now new loop and time is getting more forward now. He is getting less time to handle the situation after each loop. I am really excited to see how shinpei will win this battle at the end of anime
Jul 2, 2022 10:46 AM

May 2019
I like this show, but the constant fanservice is getting really obnoxious, Usually I don't mind it, but with this one it's not working for me. I don't find the gags particularly funny and it clashes with the horror-esque tone they're trying to achieve.

It's hard to take a scene seriuosly when the main girl is butt naked for no real reason.
Jul 2, 2022 5:49 PM

Oct 2021
This was my favourite episode so far. So much happened, with Tokiko's motivations being revealed, and the main trio confronting Haine. We even found out why the series is called Summer Time Rendering!

I like that Shinpei actually had a plan to kill himself if they failed, but he's lucky that the Shadows couldn't remove his power. And now he's looped again, but with Ushio this time, so it'll be interesting to see how that changes things in the "past".
Jul 2, 2022 7:02 PM

Mar 2019
5+/5

Kaguya Top Anime?.....

This one could easily beat it....

Great Episode, and Great Half Season so far...

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 2, 2022 7:15 PM
May 2020
Finn086 said:
Animation was smooth asf this episode, some shots were probably done by Arifumi imai.

Ushio fighting against the shadow of the nurse was animated by him indeed!He made an amazing job,as always.
Art1504Jul 2, 2022 7:51 PM
Jul 2, 2022 7:31 PM
May 2020
cities516 said:
I’m very glad everything is back in this episode.
I hope OLM can put more effort here after Komi S2 has finished airing. The outsourcing of previous episodes in a row is painful to watch.

Honestly? The only episodes I really felt it out
8 and 11 (mainly 8). Other than that, despite being a little harmed by outsourcing, I really liked ep 9 and 10. This first one in particular pleased me a lot, including. But anyway, I'm also happy that the animation has back in full force now and I'm even happier that the previous episodes weren't the disaster that was episodes 10 and 11 of Komi-san 2 lol.
Jul 2, 2022 9:08 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
The stakes are definitely high:
- Looping through a short 3-day time frame
- Every death results in the checkpoint getting further (limited times he can time travel)
- Meaning if he dies before the next checkpoint is set, it's permanent death.
- Shadows can copy people who are alive
- Shinpei's shadow has the same intelligence, memories, and personality as the real one (as well as all his friends)
- Currently & Any future loops, if he gets copied, shadows will know ALL his progress (cant just groundhogs day it)
- Also gives good justification to why he cant just blatantly tell every single person his troubles
- Potential humans implied to be allies of the shadows
- Enemies can move like actual shadows, copy objects, have supernatural strength, and multiply to an infinite collective.
- Mother has the other eye allowing her to also transcend space & time; screwing with him even in a video flashback.
- fucking shadow giant babies and 4-arm mini-boss
I also like how the mystery is very elaborately handled, every reveal has tons of foreshadowing beforehand, questions do get follow up, and creates alot of good theorycrafting & discussion.

Jul 2, 2022 9:41 PM

Feb 2016
best anime this season. so underrated
Jul 2, 2022 9:50 PM
Jun 2022
Best episode new op next week let’s gooooo!
Jul 2, 2022 10:52 PM

Nov 2012
This is the best episode yet. It was a nail biter.
I probably shouldn't admit this, but I was happy he killed Mio. I truly don't like her.

If Haine is a God, what is that giant shadow? He seems like the boss to me.
Jul 2, 2022 11:18 PM

Aug 2019
This episode was insane. By far my favourite episode thus far. Everything that happened was terrifying to see and hear.
Jul 2, 2022 11:46 PM

Oct 2008
WOOOOOW!!! this might the be most best intense/brutal episode as of yet!!!
5/5!!!
matias067Jul 2, 2022 11:54 PM

Jul 3, 2022 5:01 AM
May 2021
That was one helluva way to finish off the first cour.

“Yes. We’ve just returned from the future.”

CHILLS
Jul 3, 2022 7:07 AM

Jul 2016
I wonder where is their dad is, Tokiko shouldering the cooperation to the shadows in exchanged of the shadow of their mother, and it seems cooperation includes the safety of Mio, among all the residents, she doesn't want Mio to be killed. Tokiko loves Mio. (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Yo! back to smooth fight scene ヾ(@^∇^@)ノ

Hizuru revealing important PLOT point, she's a G cup. Amazing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Got goosebumps at the end, they can finally loop together. (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
Jul 3, 2022 8:56 AM

Sep 2017
Wow. I assumed a loop was going to happen this episode but they really made it obvious with how much everything went to shit. That was brutal, but they've got so much more information to work with now. Particularly they might be able to get Tokiko on their side with knowledge that they will get betrayed and all die. Evidently tho, Ushio and Shinpei are pretty OP. Ushio is the egg whatever that is and can stand up the Haine in some capacity, while Shinpei's power can not be taken from him.
Jul 3, 2022 9:30 AM

Apr 2008
It's good, but shadow machamp really needs to ease up on the exposition. It's basically guaranteed now that at the climax Shinpei will use his step back and think habit to initiate a loop without dying.
Jul 3, 2022 9:59 AM

Dec 2017
Jul 4, 2022 5:40 AM

Dec 2008
Yabei, Yabei, Yabei! The god of the island is a jerk XD
At first it looked like things weren't completely lost, as Ushio could power up again.
Big shadow still looks invincible, I hope they will find a way to deal with it.
Shinpei and Ushio looping back together was a nice move.
Hizuru doesn't have much luck again, good luck next time.

It's amazing how they can make it more evil and grim with each passing episode,

The demon nipples were censored but Shinpei losing a hand and some fingers was ok.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2022 7:02 AM
Jun 2017
A MUST WATCH EPISODE, as it unravels many secrets in this world they are with, Haine (the god of Shadows), Ushio as the egg, and so much more... i just love this series
Jul 4, 2022 7:19 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Are these episodes 5 minutes or what lol, but that was a banger. As it turns out, Tokiko and Sou’s family was being used the whole time, and this is really good information because they could potentially convince Tokiko early on in the next loop, but man that’s rough to hear their family has been feeding this god for so long, sucks about their mom too. And man, Hiruko/Haine is more cute than scary lol, her delight at the food she was given was really cute, but it also kinda makes me hate her more lol.

And the way that nurse transformed into that monster was pretty gross, but it got us an awesome fight scene with shadow Ushio, and of course as everyone drops one by one the loop definitely needs to be redone, and it looked like Shinpei wouldn’t be able to go back again but thanks to the cop and Ryuunosuke he was able to down the poison he prepared beforehand.

And for the last big reveal, Shadow Ushio is directly tied to how Shinpei is able to loop and was able to overpower Haine’s corruption, that scene where they narrowly escaped was awesome, and now the two of them are looping together without Shadow Ushio randomly showing up anymore lol. I can’t wait to see how this shakes things up.
Jul 4, 2022 10:46 AM

Feb 2021
gawed said:

they will explain this in future episodes don’t worry
bam
Jul 4, 2022 9:40 PM
May 2020
OLM fucking killed it, what the fuck. The atmosphere really well-handled, not to forget that the fight animation is fucking top-notch. I hope this'll get better, and give me the best ending it could have.
Jul 5, 2022 8:29 AM

Nov 2017
Woah this eps so fking good. So much blood but I more liked the mystery in this island. 10/10

Jul 5, 2022 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
Crazy episode!!!
Jul 6, 2022 5:22 AM

Dec 2020
holy shit what an episode. the twists were amazing and the action animation??? Woah. no words man
Jul 6, 2022 9:57 AM

Jul 2017
I want see uncensored version when Mio head crushed by shadow man 💀
G
Jul 6, 2022 11:34 PM

Feb 2021
That was fucking great. This anime just keeps getting better and better. No wonder the previous 2 episodes look clunky, the budget goes into this episode. I kept running out of breath in anticipation of what's coming.

How does the big Shadow know what power Shinpei possesses and how it works?

Edit: one extra important information we learned from this episode is that Hizuru is G-cup, not H.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jul 7, 2022 2:10 PM

Jan 2021
praattyyy said:
the ep left me fucking speechless, this show is something else dude

+1, each episode is better than the previous one...and thats 12 in a row.
Jul 7, 2022 3:28 PM

Jul 2010
Everyone else already made this comparsion but I am very unoriginal so here we go:
Author of this manga probably read Re Zero LN and thought for himself "hey I can do it better!". So we're getting smarter and less whiny Subaru, no BS, no kicking around, just straight to the bussiness and stakes are really much higher- you can't just jump around forever, your attempts are VERY limited. I won't say it's better than Re Zero (which I am huge fan of) but it's damn close. Very, very good show.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

139 by Xeehad »»
Sep 12, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2022

89 by Xeehad »»
Sep 10, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2022

107 by Xeehad »»
Sep 10, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2022

160 by Xeehad »»
Sep 10, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

489 by Stuntdrath »»
Aug 31, 9:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.