Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 17, 2022 10:04 PM

Oct 2016
Just finished watching ep.7
A bit slow Imo but I can’t wait for the next episode and see how this game plays out
Mako | She/Her | Pst

A shounen fan who loves comedy

May 17, 2022 10:05 PM

Dec 2010
The way they handle cliffhangers is quite crappy as well. First we got Yutori screaming. Wow... that must be pretty bad! Why couldn't they cover literally one more page that says the contents of the rumor about her? And this episode repeats that by cutting one page short which could make people look forward to the next episode much more.
May 17, 2022 10:35 PM
Jun 2020
Chipp12 said:
AssClapper69 said:
The pace of the last episode picked up quite a bit. I have a feeling it just went slow for the second game so that they could introduce us to how the rest of the games are going to work from this point forwards. I already started reading ahead, and man does it get way better from here. Since this game is more action oriented, I'm positively sure that this game will get finished by the end of episode 9, or less likely by episode 8 if they really rush it. I still worry for the pacing for the rest of the arcs, since the opening suggests that we'll keep going to at least chapter 35 of the manga for a good stopping point, and the arc after this one is pretty long, so I have no clue how they're going to fit it all in. Perhaps the the Second Game was a little too dragged out, or maybe it'll all just fall into place, who knows? I guess we'll just have to keep watching to find out.

Honestly I have no idea what's going on through director's head. What was the point of stretching episodes 3-4 (where each adapted just 1 chapter) just to start cutting corners in the episodes where explanations are actually important? It's also only a second full TV series by that studio so I don't really have many hopes for this adaptation.

That's what I'm talking about. I know for a fact that the 72 hours of them in the cave included much more content than what we actually ended up getting. That and those chapters carried alot more emotional weight in the manga due to the stuff that they cut out to make way for time. I'm not complaining or anything, as of right now it's still very good, it's just that some signs are showing up that indicate this Anime might take a dip in quality towards the end.
"Anywhere Can Be A Paradise As Long As You Have The Will To Live." — Yui Ikari
"Mankind's Greatest Fear Is Mankind Itself." — Gendo Ikari
May 18, 2022 1:15 AM
Jul 2021
phantomfandom said:
Minus point for death, even if it's happened outside the game
Minus point for including a girl, this could be an all-boy game, and we all know Yuichi is gonna use that girl like a tool she is
But everything else is a plus so far, an all-boy Group K is very interesting, and some of them are hot!
I'm wondering if there's any point to make them wait 72 hours to start the game, other than waiting for other team to finish. Tenji should have use this 72 hours to continue that kiss LOL

It might be because it takes 72 hours of absolute solitude for someone to go insane. So to prevent anyone from entering the third game alone
May 18, 2022 2:23 AM
May 2021
Shiho is also a traitor huh. 3rd game will be interesting
May 18, 2022 4:46 AM

Jul 2019
AssClapper69 said:
Nehiro-Azuro said:
The origin of Men in Glasses

Lmao is it even possible to start a business before you're 18?

Well, We're talking about an anime, so why not? XD
May 18, 2022 4:58 AM

Dec 2010
AssClapper69 said:
Chipp12 said:

Honestly I have no idea what's going on through director's head. What was the point of stretching episodes 3-4 (where each adapted just 1 chapter) just to start cutting corners in the episodes where explanations are actually important? It's also only a second full TV series by that studio so I don't really have many hopes for this adaptation.

That's what I'm talking about. I know for a fact that the 72 hours of them in the cave included much more content than what we actually ended up getting. That and those chapters carried alot more emotional weight in the manga due to the stuff that they cut out to make way for time. I'm not complaining or anything, as of right now it's still very good, it's just that some signs are showing up that indicate this Anime might take a dip in quality towards the end.

Definitely. Just showing this short scene could make main character more relatable.

Instead he went like "oh yeah you kissed me whatever I knew you were pretending".
May 18, 2022 5:48 AM

Feb 2016
why this anime so underrated? this is so much better than aharen san. shikimori san, shield hero etc
May 18, 2022 6:34 AM
Jun 2017
This show really makes me more interested in the story.. as Tenji revealed why he is doing such... this just to shows you that you really cant trust your friends at all.. who is lying and who is telling the truth...

and we have a new character on this one. lets see what will happen
May 18, 2022 7:32 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Tenji's goal was to unmask Sawaragi because she made him lose his father after revealing about the tomodachi game to him and Tenji reveals this to Yuuichi
May 18, 2022 8:46 AM

Dec 2010
Mr360AttAck said:
why this anime so underrated? this is so much better than aharen san. shikimori san, shield hero etc

Because most viewers have already dropped it at this point.
May 18, 2022 10:27 AM

Jan 2020
UnknownUser101 said:
Bruh... This show is wild.
Tenji's backstory explains everything. I like Tenji's character now.
The next game is hide-and-seek... I'm done already. the ptsd.
Good episode. Looking forward for destroying the managem- next episode.

Why Maria is so cute? Everyone is sus.
Edit: I'm so dumb. I just noticed she's the same girl from the admin room. The admins even mention it.

Lol wth. Same I didn’t even realize that
May 18, 2022 10:31 AM

Jan 2020
nabewry said:
1. Yuuichi x Maria the only valid ship

2. The pacing is so fast this eps, in a bad way. In term of plot, nothing really matters, but in term of Yuuichi and Tenji character, I feel like the manga explore their flashback and interaction better in those 3 days before game 3. They cut some stuff as well, not that big but quite important imo. Here if anime only wanna know the cut

3. To anime onlies, now that you get Tenji and Shiho story, I hope y'all learn not to believe everything easily 😂. This has nothing to do with spoiler, just from my experience, I suggest y'all to still suspicious to every one of our 5 main cast, but not easy to judge either. I read the manga with this in mind, and it made the show more fun to follow for me back then.

No matter what, I’m on team Yuuichi. I’ll trust him even tho he’s got problems as well.
May 18, 2022 10:32 AM

May 2018
It's getting exciting knowing they are going to fight another group, plus one of the admin in the game is sent to spy Yuuichi making Game 3 more exciting compare to other games.

May 18, 2022 11:09 AM

Sep 2015
Maybe Yuuichi has a girl on the team for the different mindset, since everyone thats competing in the 3rd game are all guys.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

May 18, 2022 2:03 PM
May 18, 2022 2:11 PM

Nov 2014
Kenji_3 said:
SuntProstMare said:
A good Episod. Maybe of they would explain a Little Better the rules It can be more fun. for Who doesnt understand the party when they sayed that you can surrender Is because the hider will have a botton that they can Press.

Don't spoil.....
Good you edited it.
its not a spoiler because it's in the episode tenji literally said "the button" near the end (if u listen carefully) but the subs didn't translate it and since anime didn't explain the rules in details it didnt show u the button on screen either
May 18, 2022 2:13 PM
Mar 2022
ttcchen said:
Kenji_3 said:

Don't spoil.....
Good you edited it.
its not a spoiler because it's in the episode tenji literally said "the button" near the end (if u listen carefully) but the subs didn't translate it and since anime didn't explain the rules in details it didnt show u the button on screen either

He edited his comment.
Mar 2022
ttcchen said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

Manga reader here, Yuuichi x Yutori all the way.
nah its yuuichi x shiho all the way

Yes yuuichi x shiho w

Nov 2014
Naza_Satoru said:
Never thought I’d end up *sympathizing* with Tenji. I wanna insult Shiho but knowing this show so far, there’s GOTTA be reason for why she did what she did. It’d be too easy to go with the assumption that it’s all Shiho’s fault.

That purple-haired coach from Yuichi’s group is so proud of him. She’s like “nothing can stop my boy. Not your group’s ‘power of friendship.’ He has elevated beyond such trivial matters.” At least that’s how I’m thinking.

Friendship can’t bring you back to life…

Yuichi knows that brown haired girl* (Maria?) is sus. He knows they’d bring in a spy. Yuichi knows everything 🥲🥲🥲

He makes me so proud

*Everyone they LITERALLY admitted she was a spy. WHY??? are you shipping them??? I mean I can’t judge…but…
you'll see why in a few episodes. And just because maria is a spy/admin doesn't mean she's evil
May 19, 2022 3:12 AM

Jul 2016
Kenji_3 said:
ttcchen said:

Yes yuuichi x shiho w

Nah... I reckon she the worst.
May 19, 2022 11:34 AM
Feb 2021
ttcchen said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

Manga reader here, Yuuichi x Yutori all the way.

Yuuichi x Shiho is such a boring option. She's like the most obvious lead heroine figure you could get, every time she's the focus I'm bored out of my skull. Yutori is miles better.
May 19, 2022 12:57 PM

Nov 2014
MugenNoShirayuki said:
ttcchen said:

Yuuichi x Shiho is such a boring option. She's like the most obvious lead heroine figure you could get, every time she's the focus I'm bored out of my skull. Yutori is miles better.
well i like
girls and i don't like
but you're free to like them.
May 19, 2022 7:05 PM
Jul 2020
Finally, the 3rd game begins. I can't wait to see Yuuichi and Tenji work together.

May 20, 2022 5:37 PM
Feb 2021
The calculation they’ve made of the debt of each protagonists, it’s way too complicated to understand…
May 20, 2022 8:46 PM

Apr 2021
a whole new group is introduced?! this show never seems to bore me, i just know it gets better from here. i can't wait for next tuesday!

May 21, 2022 12:11 AM

Oct 2008
lolz Group K is a bunch of top-calibre male VA's!
i automatically heard voice of king floch, endevour, jean kirstein, nendou's voice but not that elegant and FT's natsu lolz
4/5.

May 21, 2022 12:38 AM

Aug 2021
i don't believe a word Tenji says. He gives me such slimy vibes that even if what he's saying is true I wouldn't want to believe it.

Also, I'm still curious about how Yuichi turned out to be a killer. Not only that but the fact that the clip which had been repeated throughout the show where his adopted mother who was his teacher (I think?) had emphasized on friendship had a second part where he truly believes money is still more important is something new and exciting. I really hope they show more of his past.

Another thing is, now that the two masterminds have moved to the third round, I wonder who would end up leading the group left up there; Shiho?

Can't wait to see them crack down the new team in hide and seek (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
May 22, 2022 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
AssClapper69 said:

Lmao is it even possible to start a business before you're 18?

yeah, it also depends on the country you're from as well. even if your country does not allow you to start a legit business at 18, you can still find a trusted person or people who are adults and place the business under their name. You still run and manage the operations but all under their names. You choose not to tell the government about yourself- might make matters complicated. When you're 18, you get the business transferred to your name.
May 30, 2022 12:22 AM

Dec 2018
3 Days with only 1 drinking water bottle? So horrible...
Tenji words seems like a real one.... But his previous inner words seems like crazy with Shiho saying she's only for him etc.
Going to trust the MC only in this anime...

Jun 4, 2022 6:46 PM

May 2015
All I was thinking about was how they had a single bottle of water to drink for 3 days. Surely that has to come into play at some point? How the heck did that group of 5 survive off that?
Jun 12, 2022 4:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well Tenji's story with his father kinda makes sense for how he feels, but I wonder if Shiho is really the real enemy and wasted his life, in this show I feel like they're all the traitors to begin with xD Now it's time for a hide and seek game against some other players from a different group, and they have that Maria spy in MC's group hmm
Jun 12, 2022 4:45 PM

Jan 2013
Magicmist said:
All I was thinking about was how they had a single bottle of water to drink for 3 days. Surely that has to come into play at some point? How the heck did that group of 5 survive off that?

you get more food and drink the more people your team has
Jun 18, 2022 8:39 PM
May 2022
I am amazed at the capability of this show to turn us all away from Tenji at one ep and redeem his character also in just one episode. Looks like Shiho isn't what she really seems at all. Also, new characters! I like their designs and my favorite from team K as of now might be the brown haired one and the one with glasses.
Jun 27, 2022 10:44 PM

Feb 2021
If there are only those 2 who play the next game, then what about the 3 others? Are they just stay in the second round? Hmm...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 3, 2022 10:01 PM
Mar 2019
i'm loving the plot direction so far. i was wondering why they made the starting mc's so weak but it's nice to see them develop stronger bonds as they continue doing more games
Jul 5, 2022 4:30 AM
Oct 2019
wow Tenji reveal the real reason?
really Shiho is evil?

oh my that pink hair girl joining them lol
this is become more interesting every episode.
Jul 15, 2022 4:53 AM

Jul 2015
Lmao cute girls are always allowed to join xd.

Tenji got some dark past, makes me curious to what the real truth is behind his childhood 'friend' Shiho.

Aug 8, 2022 6:57 AM
Jul 2018
I really love how the character of Tenji did a 180.
Aug 16, 2022 10:25 PM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
Okay this is probably the only episode I didn't get annoyed at while watching, it was fun to watch. Let's see how it goes from here

Aug 21, 2022 3:28 PM

Oct 2021
fwfwrwrwrwrwerwerwr
Sep 11, 2022 7:03 AM
Jan 2022
This is boring now guys i dont care about this
Sep 24, 2022 8:48 PM
Sep 2022
Dark Secrets of Tenji.. Yuichi is still plotting something, just wait and watch.
Sep 27, 2022 1:09 AM
Oct 11, 2022 2:51 AM
Mar 2022
I enjoyed watching this series a lot I can't wait for the second season to come out!
Nov 23, 2022 5:53 PM

Dec 2019
What is sleep even
Nov 27, 2022 3:05 PM

Mar 2021
What I don't exactly understand is, if Tenji wanted to destroy Shiho's life, why would he also want to have her to himself by the end of the second game?
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Jan 21, 2023 3:41 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a new game is here!!! kekeke
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2022

223 by Blood123987 »»
Aug 20, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Apr 12, 2022

211 by LickermanN »»
Aug 9, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - May 10, 2022

251 by ryzxgum »»
Aug 8, 12:12 AM

» Enough source material for S2 ?

lightning_angad7 - Jun 14

17 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 5, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 3, 2022

139 by Noekurosaki »»
Jul 29, 4:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.