Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 27, 2021 3:34 PM

Oct 2008
Beautiful ending to a spectacular sequel season. I was always impressed at the restraint and maturity of the storytelling in this series and the final episode did not disappoint.

This season has been about redemption, what it takes to earn said-redemption, and keeping hold of what was once lost. This season clashes with the themes of the first in a very deliberate and thoughtful way that exhibits what the growth to maturity entails.

Joe adopting Chief's gear.
Mac setting the rule for "no Mac Time".
Sachio throwing in the towel when he starts to see Joe's do-or-die recklessness surface.

Highly constrained, but in service of coming back to the families these men love. They had their match completely on their own terms in the end, all with the intention of preserving what they've attained.

I love this show so fucking much. Maximum emotional payoff and one of the most well-deserved happy endings I've seen in such a straight-faced drama in a hot minute. Continues to subvert the source material in the least cheap, most convincing way possible.

Easy AOTY contender.
DangerrJun 27, 2021 3:37 PM
Jun 27, 2021 3:52 PM

Mar 2018
the ending of the fight felt a bit cut short imo but it had to make room for that beautiful ending with everyone

i hope this isn't the end, i enjoyed this season as much if not more than the first
Jun 27, 2021 4:13 PM
Oct 2020
I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t expecting something a bit more climatic. However, I still absolutely loved this season. I do feel like this ending could’ve hit home a bit more if we got one more episode to allow for the fight to be more of a focus. Although I’m still satisfied none the less.

9/10
Jun 27, 2021 4:17 PM

Aug 2017
what a beautiful ending
Jun 27, 2021 5:07 PM

Jul 2017
This season, was an OP season. Imo, it put the 1st one in the pocket easily. I must say, didnt expect to see a sequel like this, at all. Timeskip, Joe down in the dumps, his life was completely in shambles, he had absolutely nothing, after the surprising departure of Gansaku.. And this season was basically his fight to right his wrongs and grab another oportunity at life, it was so well written and the development was top notch and managed to keep me entertained during every single episode. Bravo TMS, this sequel was a total BANGER.

8/10 for the 1st season, 9/10 for this one!
Jun 27, 2021 5:14 PM

Sep 2020
The final scene with pops and the hummingbird was heavenly!
I'm glad literally everyone, aside from the Rosco scum, got a happy ending.
Jun 27, 2021 5:28 PM

Sep 2011
yeah a bit anticlimactic to be entire honest, I'm glad joe and Mac both live but it sort of felt like everything wrapped up pretty quickly and the fight itself didnt have that tension it probably could have.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 27, 2021 6:03 PM

Apr 2020
Typing this with the first season's ED on my earphones, because this was such a (bitter)sweet ending to what has been a truly compelling sequel of Megalo Box. This was such a surprise and sorry not sorry but this makes S1 a bit more worse now xD. But in this episode, we see everyone as victors, as Mac won the match and Joe + Team Nowhere leaving out the arena with a smile.

Thank goodness that Sakuma was arrested, at the very start I know he was suspicious, and actually he might be one of the more weak parts of the season's second half. Yukiko got the BES from his demise, and she surrendered her position to her trusted assistant Asamoto-san, that last conversation between them was so so sweet.

As for Joe, well atleast he's still alive, because he might have killed himself in that final fight, so atleast props to Sachio for once for throwing that towel. Sachio leaving was also a sweet scene, and after all the nasty shxt that they've been through all season, he truly made up with Joe. And lastly, we hear Nanbu for one last time, but the difference is that in the first episodes, Nanbu shows up to taunt and let Joe feel guilty for his past actions. But now, he expresses a much more joyous and sympathetic tone to Joe, and I'm glad to know that his spirit will still live on with Joe to the very end.

Once again, this was a very bittersweet ending. Bitter because it was not the ending that I expect, and it's sad to see this show gone again for real this time. But it's sweet, because Mac and Joe got what they want in the end, and everyone is happy where they are now (except for Sakuma frick him).

Though once again, even though it's not a 10/10 show, Nomad broke all expectations and gave us a much more deeper Megalo Box story that S1 never did in its run. Although it started feeling a bit more shaky by the end, I will still give this a light 9/10 for such a compelling and dramatic story.

Farewell, Megalo Box, may you end in peace for real this time.
Jun 27, 2021 6:21 PM
Oct 2020
Controversial opinion, I think I liked the original more. Not to say Nomad was bad by any stretch, but I felt as if the stakes and conflicts were infinitely more intriguing the first season.

I think where Nomad really succeeds, is its character development and portrayal of the passage of time. That's where Joe, Sachio, and some background characters (like the Shiratos) really shine. I touched on this last episode discussion, but I'm also quite fond of symbolism, and how much mileage the show's gotten out of the hummingbird metaphor.

Overall though, I feel as if the show didn't have enough time to fully tell its story. I'm actually kinda respectful the ending is so anti-climactic, and I'm much happier the show dedicated more time to finalize the series, but without a doubt, just a few more episodes for pacing would've helped.
It's a shot in the dark, but the way Liu was set up, I can't help but feel as if they were writing room for another season. That, or they'd dedicate the special to their fight with Joe, either way, their arc needs closure.

Despite being a huge fan of Megalo Box, I felt as if it didn't need a second season. That being said, I absolutely love where the story was taken, and credit where credit is due, they did a fantastic job! Still, I just can't say I like the second season more; the pacing and other corners cut just feels too noticeable at times. I don't feel comfortable ranking it higher.

8/10 😔🤘
Jun 27, 2021 6:39 PM
Jun 2021
Does anyone think this is the end of the anime? I was hoping for more a nod to the ending of the manga. Was he asleep did he box more? Overall not bad, but i guess I am one of those looking for a daring ending.
Jun 27, 2021 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
this was a nice season, while not as good as the first in my opinion it was still quite nice and had pretty satisfactory ending. guess we wont be getting anything more after this, overall it was decent and i did enjoy it so 4/10.
Jun 27, 2021 8:43 PM
Nov 2017
Loved the ost. Loved the characters. Loved the season. When it comes to this last episode they could have made it more apparent that the towel needed to be thrown. It's fine for it to be thrown, just make the fight intense enough to have it be thrown.
Jun 27, 2021 8:54 PM
Aug 2010
this 2ns season to chap 1 to 12 was rly amazing,but maaaan why this last fight was so short ? i want more emotion in the fight,i know the chip part was rly important in the story but maaaan giv joe a long emotional fight i dont care if he lose
Jun 27, 2021 9:26 PM
Jul 2014
Good series, but as an ANJ fan, this was very disappointing for me
Jun 27, 2021 9:32 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I mean, sure, the final episode could've been a bit more climatic but this season was never about the fights to begin with, so I'm ok with that. Season 1 was fun but ended up being a bit forgettable at the end. However, season two stepped up and was amazing to watch the entire time.

9/10.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 27, 2021 10:34 PM

Jul 2016
So many death flags were raised across the season yet the series didn't have the guts to kill off neither Mac nor Joe. They ended up choosing the safest conclusion instead, huh?

Well, what can be said? Kind of a meh finale if I'm honest. The most anticipated fight in the show got relegated to second plane because the story still needed to deal with evil clown Sakuma story-line and the way how they avoided the potential drama of Mac reaching "Mac Time" in the ring couldn't have been more cheesy. The dude just needed to think of his family and everything was gonna be fine? I mean, that's sweet and all but come on, man.

Now with this being said, this season as a whole was still miles better than the disappointing first one. Script got a major improvement and most of the new characters introduced (except one-dimensional Sakuma, of course) were far more interesting and relatable than the ones we already knew.
Personally, this season reached its peak during Chief's arc, kinda went downhill with the episodes featuring Sachio acting like an obnoxious brat and ROSCO people being introduced but slightly recovered some of its early charm once Mac's character started receiving more attention. Not to mention also that Joe's journey as protagonist was way more engaging to follow this time.

7/10 - Okay. Now let's look forward to another unexpected new season but this time with Joe and Yukiko hooking up; forming a family and with their son following in his father's footsteps in boxing a la Adonis Creed. I know TMS want to do it.
Jun 27, 2021 10:36 PM
Jul 2013
Not gonna lie, pretty cheezed that Joe lost. And by forfeit no less. Nomad would've definitely benefited from a longer run time than 13 episodes. I feel so damn conflicted.
ShadowMaster-ZedJun 27, 2021 10:40 PM
Jun 27, 2021 11:10 PM

Sep 2012
This is one of those shows you don't expect a second season at all because there was enough closure at the end of the first season.

I had my doubts any good would come out of this, but boy was I wrong. Overall great season, it somehow didn't "stain" the previous season and managed to maintain a new, engrossing theme.

Last fight was very underwhelming, however, and I see this as a consequence of trying to make both sides happy and ending up pleasing none. At least make it a knockout, it doesn't have to be a towel throw. If I was spectating that match I would feel like going for Sachio's throat.

Author did not explore his own idea of geared boxing. Gears had a symbolic meaning in this season if any at all. I understand that the story is the focus and I'm okay with that, but if the author wants a 10 from me he will need to show me the fights in detail, how each gear is behaving in real time, extra budget not used on the rest of the anime goes to animating the fight, no power point presentation, no flashbacks. Give me GOOD FIGHTS.

8/10
DELiTOJun 27, 2021 11:21 PM
Jun 28, 2021 12:29 AM
Jul 2018
Wholesome ending like first season. I'm very glad Joe and everyone became happy. One of best sequels :D
Jun 28, 2021 12:50 AM
Aug 2017
was expecting more actions in the last match,
but i guess this kind of ending is good too. 9/10

the ED is pretty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X9o1oHw9DA
Jun 28, 2021 1:08 AM

Oct 2009
Rather lackluster ending but it was nice.

Yukiko/10
Jun 28, 2021 1:36 AM

Oct 2016
Nomad was fantastic from start to finish. This was the perfect ending to what the whole season has been building up to, Joe finally coming home and overcoming the past. I knew some people where going to be disappointed with the fight while I was watching it, Nomad has never been about the fights to begin with, it's about the characters and their struggles. Joe and Mac came out of that match healed of their struggles. If Sachio didn't throw in the towel, Mac's team would have, if nobody threw in the towel, then both of them could have ended up dead.

I personally think Nomad was even more better than the first season, though I kind of wished the ending was longer, they packed a lot of things in this episode. It was still perfect though. 9/10

Not dead yet...
Jun 28, 2021 2:01 AM

Sep 2013
9/10

Glad they didn't try to be faithful to Ashita no Joe,at this point they're strangers to eachothers.
Deep dark fantasies
Jun 28, 2021 2:21 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The ending did feel a bit anti climactic, but it fits well with the overall tone and message of the story. Finding peace and healing through bonds with the people we love.

A fantastic 2nd season, a cut above the first one. Show of the season no doubt.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 28, 2021 3:20 AM
Apr 2021
nice ending for this good series...
Jun 28, 2021 4:05 AM

Jul 2016
ElqBell said:
what a beautiful ending

Nothing like what I was expecting but I had a smile from ear to ear throughout.
Jun 28, 2021 4:19 AM
Feb 2021
Bruh this legendary anime deserves 10/10
Jun 28, 2021 4:27 AM

Jan 2017
I didn't mind them going to the throw in the towel route but it would've been great if the fight between Joe and Mac went longer if that was going to be the case. This was an unfulfilling ending but the first half of the season was strong enough to warrant me to give it an 8/10.
Jun 28, 2021 7:58 AM

Dec 2012
Wow, I did not expect a happy ending from this. A very pleasant surprise.
Jun 28, 2021 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
Loved that ending. The match wasn't supposed to be the highlight of this season, unlike the last. Rather, it was to see if both fighters had learned their lessons, which they did. Mac made sure he knew he wasn't going to go berserk, and Joe trusted others to tell him when to stop. Despite so many other good shows this spring season, this was a dark horse that managed to become by AOTS.
Jun 28, 2021 9:37 AM

Jan 2014
Way better than the first season imo. Also, we got a good conclusion to the series which is something that is quite underrated lately and is hard to find (I hate open ends that call for another season that we might never get)... 9/10 for me.
Jun 28, 2021 10:19 AM

Dec 2013
Probably the best second season Ive ever seen. I really fell in love with the character all over again and a nice feel good ending for once which is something that I feel is becoming more and more rare. 9/10
Jun 28, 2021 10:28 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So pretty much everybody got a happy ending except for those Rosco guys. Although the fight was anti climatic Saicho did the right thing by throwing in the towel because Joe was starting to get reckless during Mac time which would have ended with one of them dying in the ring. Both Joe and Mac looked evenly matched prior to Mac time when both men went down. Plus, Joe didn't need the win anyway so I'm not mad that he loss the fight. This was a great series even though ending was rushed a little bit and I enjoyed the ride.

I give it a 9/10.
AddaeAkonoJun 28, 2021 10:33 AM
Jun 28, 2021 10:31 AM

Aug 2017
Vindicater said:
ElqBell said:
what a beautiful ending

Nothing like what I was expecting but I had a smile from ear to ear throughout.

same + cried, at first i was very disappointed when the fight got stopped in round 2 but as the last few minutes of the episode were rolling i understood that we didn't need that fight.
Jun 28, 2021 11:31 AM

Aug 2018
I was hoping for the fight to be a bit longer, the ending feels like a bit of anticlimax

ugh 3d crowd shots

still a 7/10 though
_______I like rocks__
Jun 28, 2021 12:12 PM
Jul 2016
I didn't get too invested in the first Megalobox but was surprised how this turned out to be a great sequel to it. The series as a whole gives off a retro-esque vibe that's nostalgic of early 90's action films especially the excellent soundtrack and rustic animation. I can say that not everyone can appreciate the style but for those that do, it was certainly an excellent adaptation.
Jun 28, 2021 1:22 PM

Apr 2016
I’d say that the series was perfect until this episode. It could have been a ten out of ten, but I’ll give a nine to this series. I’m feeling a bit disappointed due to the match ending, but it was so damn good, a lot better than the first one! What a great show.
Jun 28, 2021 1:38 PM
Aug 2017
Massive build up in episode 12 which gets you extremly hype, but the final episode feels a little rushed.

There was much left to be desired in the match between Joe & Mac, the ending felt very anitclimactic.

All in All a 9/10 great animation, great characters, great music & it pulls at your emotions (for the most part).

Jun 28, 2021 3:50 PM
Nov 2020
Great series! I really enjoyed watching this as Joe went from an underdog to a legend and can now relax with his put together family. As much as I would’ve liked to see him win and I know that’s not what it was all about to him. I don’t think there is a need for a 3rd season and will be completely satisfied if they end it here. Top tier show.
Jun 28, 2021 5:35 PM

Aug 2016
Now THIS, this is how you make a sequel. I thought S1 was pretty good but I didn't expect much for season 2. This season was amazing, way better than S1.

The emotions, the messages, I just thought the way this season handled stuff like this was exceptional. I feel like the ending leaves the door open for another season but, to be honest, I think this is a perfect ending (a little anticlimatic, yes, but still good). I'm very satisfied with how this season turned out.

86/100
moraggJun 28, 2021 7:11 PM
Jun 28, 2021 6:03 PM

Jul 2015
What a freaking amazing sequel this was, I'm so satisfied with how the finale was handled for all the characters.

Not a single "just good" episode, I had a blast from start to end and the character drama was so good with great payoff, Nomad definitely one of my favorites from this year.
Jun 28, 2021 7:44 PM

Oct 2008
all's well that ends well huh...lolz so many people predicted that Joe would die on their fight with Mac...good thing that didn't happen!
good for him! Sakuma got arrested!
4/5.
8/10.

Jun 28, 2021 8:34 PM

Mar 2019
Megalobox 1, was Great... 9.00/10.0
It was already hard to make a better series...

Megalobox 2, was Greater... 9.38/10.0
But, they did it.

Megalobox 3,.....???
Series like this, will always be welcomed...
YuyoAlbertoJun 28, 2021 8:37 PM
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jun 28, 2021 11:42 PM
May 2019
This was a great season I'm glad for once the match didn't end with someone ending up in a wheelchair. Even without pops the characters were fantastic. I think I liked the chief arc the best though I'm a bit bummed that he died. If the show ends here I won't be upset better to end on a high for an anime then risk ending on a low.
Jun 29, 2021 8:00 AM

Sep 2019
Good season and story was better than the first one but o few season 1 had the better fights. I’m just disappointed Joe kept losing. I really wanted him to win the last fight but this season was deeper than that. It was about the parallel of the coyote and nomad/humming bird.
Jun 29, 2021 4:13 PM

Apr 2018
I'm glad that I binged both seasons right after each other. This was such an emotional and fun ride. It was action packed, great character dev, a lot of funny moments also some sad moments. The last fight was incredible. Couldn't ask for a better fight.
Amazing soundtrack and animation.
9/10.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 29, 2021 4:43 PM

Sep 2011
I have never breathed a bigger sigh of relief as I did when Sachio threw in the towel. I was really afraid we were going to see both Joe and Mac die in the ring. So seeing such a positive ending really left a smile on my face.

10/10 glad this season proved me wrong
Jun 29, 2021 6:09 PM
Jul 2018
Beautiful ending for an awesome anime. I wasn't expecting much of a second season for Megalo Box, but it was easily aots
Jun 29, 2021 8:31 PM
Nov 2020
I liked the whole series, definitely a 9/10 but I was a tad bit disappointed in the ending and am not a fan of sachio, just hard to believe that no one was upset that the flag was thrown and imo I expected joe to be at least a little bit disappointed but it is what it is, still in my top 10 favorites anime’s
Jun 29, 2021 9:30 PM

Jan 2020
Build-up was amazing, ending was fairly weird. 8/10 I guess, the ending just felt too...safe? Expected more stuff to go down.
man.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nomad: Megalo Box 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

48 by Meritas »»
May 31, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Nomad: Megalo Box 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2021

64 by Karva1 »»
May 24, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Nomad: Megalo Box 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2021

127 by Karva1 »»
May 24, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Nomad: Megalo Box 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2021

87 by Karva1 »»
May 24, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Nomad: Megalo Box 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2021

116 by Meritas »»
Mar 22, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.