Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 12, 2021 4:06 PM
Jul 2016
Bakimitchy

Botom text
Jun 12, 2021 4:14 PM

Jan 2021
I think it's funny how Takemitchi carries Draken making his wounds even worse. Without even trying to stop the bleeding nor calling an ambulance.
This guy definitely didn't pay attention during first aid.
Even though I have to say he was quite useful this episode.
Schlong01Jun 12, 2021 4:33 PM
Jun 12, 2021 4:52 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
I know a man's got his honour... But if you disarm a guy with a knife that has just stabbed you and your friend, and then choose to throw the knife away. Ehhh, I don't know about that one boss. This is an anime however, so it's not the same to real life of course, allowing Takemichi to fortunately win his bet legitimately.

These gangs are pretty stupid too - not to say that gangs are particularly known for their intellect. They never seem to commit to the job. In the first Toman vs Moebius, they all just stood around in the factory waiting to be beat up, and now they just watched their leader get beat up. The boys came just in time too, but were swiftly taken care off, and even though they were out numbered, none of them pursued Takemichi and Draken - who were essentially dying x sitting ducks.

I know this show is about school delinquents, but these kids should've paid attention to first-aid. They all just stood there looking down at Draken bleeding out. Then while Takemichi is getting stabbed and beaten up, the girls just spectate instead of tending to, or at least properly covering Draken's wounds.

There's plenty to love about this show. However, I just wanted to vent some of the things that make me question it.
LezetJun 12, 2021 4:58 PM
Jun 12, 2021 5:15 PM
Apr 2020
Will takemichi ever make a smart choice
-ask for help from mickey instead of trying to do something
-piggyback Draken instead of calling an ambulance (and bringing him in a side road)
-decide to fight the most unwinnable fight of the ones he did
-when he had the chance to use a knife (the only way to try win the fight) he threw it away

Fighting against all odds is not bravery or manning up, is being crazy

Also no way he can take the back of the opponent from that position (huggin him from the front).

Jun 12, 2021 5:20 PM

Jul 2013
This episode had me the most stressed! I kept screaming 'where's the ambulance?' lol.

His friends quoting Muhammad Ali's "Float like a butterfly sting like a bee" killed me. And Akkun quoting Takemitchy was emotional. His friends are grade A.
Jun 12, 2021 5:25 PM
Apr 2020
UkRs said:
that censor was god awful.. what's wrong with CR! the symbols are gone.. those people affected the specific symbol are no more.. no one cares if the those symbols look alike the symbols of the present.. let me watch the goddamn anime in peace...
anyways..
damn that was brutal.. Takemichy get hand stabbed.. i normally never see someone get stabbed atleast in a non fantasy anime.. so this was start.. then again.. an MC never gets beaten this many times too..
smh i watched the episode uncensored but it was french sub
Jun 12, 2021 5:27 PM
Apr 2020
Manga18 said:
-piggyback Draken instead of calling an ambulance (and bringing him in a side road)
-when he had the chance to use a knife (the only way to try win the fight) he threw it away

Also no way he can take the back of the opponent from that position (huggin him from the front).

care much your analyze azz aint changing shit, takemichi still a goat and better than your mc baby
Jun 12, 2021 5:52 PM

Jul 2019
Well, taki came too his senses at the very least.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jun 12, 2021 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
The team yell isn't effective lol.
Jun 12, 2021 6:02 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh damn shit. Whats happening here? They really got me pretty hard before by how they ended the story. Then, here i am now surprised with how the plot went intensified all of a sudden. Thanks to the crybaby hero, Takemichi, finally acted decently, not a lame and dumb Takemichi before. But this time, he took a fair revenge over those real piece of crap, Kiyomasa. As a twist, the episode really served well to make me care all of those battle cry from Takemichi, and no joke, thats a good goosebump over there. The fight scene also surprisingly very good. I like Mikey vs Hanma more. But, Takemichi prove to me once again that a short dude can't be underestimated, no matter what shit. Kiyomasa simply underestimate the situations, and Takemichi executed it nicely and took him down completely.

Overall, its a very intense and so enjoyable episode. Get a little chuckle when the reinforcement coming in, and Takemichi friend pose simply bring me another laugh. But, yeah, overall a very good episode here, ngl. Now come, you snail ambulance. Save their ass out of those shit!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 12, 2021 6:20 PM
Jun 2019
ttcchen said:
Why did they cut out the animation of Takemichi going from biting Kiyomasa to putting him in a choke hold? They showed us the raining sky for like 5 seconds then suddenly switched to him switching positions. It was so weird. Was there something to hide/censor in that scene??

Not censor but how he pulled that off. I'm willing to let that slide if the show continues to entertain me but it truly was weird and in some way lame.
Jun 12, 2021 7:36 PM
Apr 2021
Goat episode best one so far!
Jun 12, 2021 7:41 PM

Nov 2012
I thought Draken was gonna pass out again. Where was that ambulance? Kyoto? It made me think of "911 Is A Joke" by Public Enemy. It's really odd to be in the middle of an anime with Flava Flav stuck in your head. "I called 911 a long time ago. Don't you see how late they're reacting?"
Jun 12, 2021 7:55 PM

Oct 2018
There will be how many episodes of this anime? Will it make sense in the future or it'll be senseless forever?
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Jun 12, 2021 8:10 PM

Jul 2013
I think this is one of the best episodes so far! Takemichi finally getting over his trauma from his first life and defeating kiyomasa. I like how he didn't defeat him using a punch but rather with biting and choking because he's weak. The censorship was weird but in the uncensored version he dodged kiyomasa's strike, got behind him and got him in a chokehold while kiyomasa was still processing his punch.

Mikey and Hanma's fight, on the other hand, was really good. It shows how Mikey's got martial arts experience (proper punches and roundhouse kicks) and how Hanma was experienced in fighting too. Their fight was very different from takemichi's desperate fighting. I like mikeys trust in takemichi to get draken to safety. Btw if takemichi wasn't there, draken would've probs bled to death right there cuz no one would've noticed him on time.

Also Hina. Wow Hina did a great job this episode too. She called the ambulance and called the Mizo gang for backup. If it weren't for her, takemichi would've probs been stabbed again. Also thank you akkun for that punch, Mizo gang are a good bunch of bros
Jun 12, 2021 8:49 PM
Nov 2018
damn alright they're not cutting scenes , love it.
Jun 12, 2021 8:54 PM
Nov 2019
BRO THIS ANIME IS SO FUCKING GOOD. yet so fucking underrated... let's hope they make this however any episodes they want cuz i aint tryna wait for season 2 i barely wait 1 week so let's hope they cover the whole manga in alot of eps. what can i say man this anime is just so fucking good. if it keeps this way im def giving it a 9/10.
Jun 12, 2021 9:04 PM

Jan 2021
If this anime had good animation, it would be a 10/10
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Jun 12, 2021 9:16 PM
May 2021
Guys..just watch in youtube if you want uncenssor version
Jun 12, 2021 9:37 PM

Aug 2016
This is one of those animes where you can easily forget about the lack in animation because the story is SO FUCKING GOOD.

This episode has to be by far one of the best in the anime, character development was over the moon for this one, this shit is so good.
Jun 12, 2021 10:08 PM

Apr 2020
You know a show is good when it can make 25 minutes feel like 5 minutes.
Jun 12, 2021 10:21 PM

Jun 2014
Takemichi managed to take down Kiyomasa, he improved a lot just in this episode alone. I hope to see him be less of a crybaby going forward and actually be able to confidently stand his ground in future fights.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 12, 2021 10:24 PM

Oct 2017
Takamichi was pretty cool there.
Jun 13, 2021 12:10 AM

Jan 2018
Takemichi is kinda dumb. And he's a pessimist. Before things really end he always come to the worst possible conclusion first. Hate that annoying aspect of his.
Jun 13, 2021 12:47 AM
Jul 2018
I got an adrenaline rush and got goosebumps. I haven't felt like this in a long time I feel like a kid again.
Jun 13, 2021 12:50 AM
Dec 2017
Criticiza said:
Dreamwielder said:

You're right but I don't think Takemichi can fight using that hand with the knife inside so he had to take that risk

It's an anime anyways, takemichi is protected by plot armour lol, it was more a statement to people who might find themselves in a bad situation and think back to that scene but yeah your point does make sense, maybe he could have used the knife as a knuckle buster xD!

I don't think you are meant to base this on reality. There's time travel in it.

Obviously they are going to skew reality to make the anime plot story more interesting. For example, the entire gang rapes and murders a entire family (you can't say rape is an accident). Middle Schoolers 12-15 year old kids would not be doing these types of crimes. I'm sorry, but reality isn't going to settle for fist fights when the level of crime goes to rape and murder. In addition, these gangs have zero honor (100 vs 1 person fights, weapons, constantly cheating in 1 vs 1 fights). I don't think someone on Earth is stupid enough to believe these gangsters are honorable, let alone a gang of them.

In reality, Japanese gangs are mostly adults doing organized crime. There is less crime in the worst Japanese middle school than compared to a rich white middle school in America. A single 12 year old black kids in Chicago have mass murdered more innocent people than all of the Japanese delinquents school children combined (exaggeration, but not far off).
Jun 13, 2021 12:59 AM

Jul 2020
This is the intense episode I needed today.

Takemichi was actually able to take Kiyomasa down, and he did it almost dying. I'm not surprised to see Draken alive, and fighting the hoodlums at 1 hp. I'm curious to know how many episodes there will be in this season, and am very hyped for the next episode to release.
Jun 13, 2021 1:19 AM

Oct 2008
Takimitchy won one-on-one against Kiyomasa using neck strangle pin asphyxiation!
and his friends are the reinforcements!
good thing Draken is still conscious!
5/5.

Jun 13, 2021 1:50 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I swear yet again this episode felt like it was over in five minutes. Maybe it's thanks to the contrast of watching the other two anime that air on saturday, vivy and 86, both which feel like they take forever for an episode to end.

I like how takemitchy doesn't all of a sudden dig deep down and find some oh so unknown hidden power and manage to take everybody down. Instead he is still his weak self but with great resilience. He wins by holding his ground. At first I didn't like the ex machina of his friends showing up and saving the day, but then they get beat up as well. But just like takemitchy, they too show that they are resilient and even though they are weak, they hold off and buy enough time for the ambulance to arrive. Or maybe these guys are just dumb for toying with their prey for too long. Either way, I was entranced the entire time and 20 minutes literally felt like 5

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 13, 2021 2:25 AM

Dec 2020
it is really hard to believe that Takimichi's friends got there before the f ambulance or police??/ are u f kidding me???? those kids are fighting in public places and in the middle of neighbourhoods and no one literally no one thought of calling the police?? now give me a break and also how stupid is Takimichi? am really curious. CALL THE FUCKING AMBULANCE!!!!!
Jun 13, 2021 2:48 AM

Nov 2020
Never thought seeing someone get choked would satisfy me, anyways I like Takemirchy didn't just gave up and stood to protect Draken even in that dire situation.

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

═════════════════════════════
Jun 13, 2021 3:42 AM

Apr 2014
this ep had to have been my fave ep yet, the fact that MC didnt run and fought and won was amazing

and then his friends showing up like they did

overall was a pretty amazing ep

am really looking forward to next ep
"one step at a time"
Jun 13, 2021 5:10 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! Definitely the best episode so far. The build up to Takemichi finally standing up for himself was great. Yeah, it was pretty painful watching him before but it was worth the wait to see him be the badass he is. Well that explains Takemichi's scar on his hand in the op. Didn't expect that stabbing damn, I forgot Kiyomasa had that knife. Look at our boys go, they getting beat up, but they getting beat up while smiling.

Censorship was ass though, what the fuck was that cut to the rainy sky and then suddenly, Takemichi's choking the living hell out of Kiyomasa. Mikey got that budget this episode though lmao, he looked great out there beating up Hanma. Looking forward to the next episode, we fucking won boys, Draken ain't dead.
Jun 13, 2021 5:12 AM

Jul 2016
Joel77 said:
Well good to know Draken is still alive...Good episode

Lets hope he stays that way.
Jun 13, 2021 5:22 AM

Apr 2020
People talk about a redemption arc, this is what I picture! Takemichi isn’t the blubbering loser I’d thought he’d be.
Jun 13, 2021 5:46 AM
Mar 2020
huh, this some of the most overhyped and one dimensional storybuilding i've seen in a while.
Not only is it impossible to maintain suspension of disbelief if you medical knowledge exceeds beyond how to treat paper cuts, the plot is literally every cheap shounen fight I've grown sick of years ago.
Probably will be dropping this next week, but if you all can enjoy this, you do you I guess.
Jun 13, 2021 6:06 AM
Oct 2020
It's the best episode of Tokyo manji Revengers... What a dark episode it was... I was literally sweating through all the episode... It's scary but that's the beauty of this...👌👌👌
Jun 13, 2021 6:44 AM

Jan 2018
JuanlikesAnime said:
ttcchen said:
Why did they cut out the animation of Takemichi going from biting Kiyomasa to putting him in a choke hold? They showed us the raining sky for like 5 seconds then suddenly switched to him switching positions. It was so weird. Was there something to hide/censor in that scene??

Not censor but how he pulled that off. I'm willing to let that slide if the show continues to entertain me but it truly was weird and in some way lame.

yes there was a sensor part, the manji symbol on kiyomasa's uniform was shown for a bit when he swing up his arms. Kiyomasa swung some punches while takemichi doges then eventually get on his back.
Jun 13, 2021 7:35 AM

Jun 2020
Yet another episode just FLEW PAST. I caught myself going wut!!!!! when the episode ended. Too fast!!!! Tokyo Revengers is definitely binge-worthy.

So hypocritical of them to call him out for biting Kiyomasa when Kiyomasa fucking went at an unarmed person with a knife like shut the fuck up lol

I deadass thought Baji or someone from Toman would come out from the bushes & help fight them but it was Akkun!!!!!(& co.) I teared up a little. I want Akkun to be saved too. And they knew it would be a losing fight anyway but it would buy them some time before the ambulance arrived. Some of the best bros around.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 13, 2021 11:06 AM
May 2021
So much whining and Takemitchi has the wisdom of a baby.
Jun 13, 2021 11:27 AM

Mar 2008
when Takemichi is literally carrying Draken to the hospital: excuse me call an AMBULANCE???
when Hina and Emma said they called: Finally people with BRAINS
when Ambulance-kun takes forever: .....
when Ambulance-kun finally arrives: thank the good lord

That entire fight could've been avoided if Takemichi had called an ambulance from the start and gone somewhere safe, but anime logic ofc. Maybe now he'll stop being a little wimp, waited ten eps for it to happen tbh. I still really love this show but can't get over the censorship of the manji symbols lol pls....
Jun 13, 2021 11:36 AM
Sep 2018
The episode was just... insane. That's a true revenge. Takemichou is awesome
Jun 13, 2021 11:37 AM
Dec 2017
I was so emotional with the whole thing.
At first I thought, just like Takemichi, that hedidn't stood a chance and F for Draken but then again the difference between the past without Takemicchi and "this" past was him after all and HE, who wasn't fighting with Moebius could save Draken.

But, guys, it was such a freaking HELL to see him carrying Kenchin and then BOOM Kiyomasa and his gang showed up again and I though everything was over when he stabbed Takemicchi's hand, but then that amazing comeback OMG I was literally crying. And then when everything seemed lost once again the gang and Akkun came to the rescue to buy more time and yes the ambulance finally arrived I just hope they save Kenchin TT

sorry for the huge ramble i was so emotional /sobs
Jun 13, 2021 11:50 AM

Jul 2020
just kill takemechi.

i really like how he's so confident before fighting lmao
Jun 13, 2021 3:16 PM

Mar 2017
In the last ep I said about how Takemichi's weakness was getting tedious but I take that back because that was the perfect time and way to light that fire in him that is gonna slowly change him for the better. Not only that but it was done in a way that was completely believable for his character; though he dug deep & gathered his courage he was still terrified and still got his ass kicked before taking Kiyomasa down.

Takemichi's tendency to stubbornly refuse to give up is actually affecting the events of the past too - he's inspired Akkun & the others to step up their game and it shows that even the times when he isn't physically strong he still has the ability to change small things around him that could eventually change the future in a big way.
Jun 13, 2021 3:42 PM

Apr 2008
Manga18 said:

Agree with all this. I don't understand the claims that he's developed. He still makes the worst decisions at every point. The issue has never been that he's a coward aside from what we're told his life was like offscreen. It's been that he's incapable. He always attacks something in the most useless way while other people do something actually useful like call for the ambulance or backup. He really showed them dragging Draken on his back. Showed them that... Hina could show up with an answer that made his effort almost irrelevant. And it's only fantasy logic that bouncing him around like that wasn't what finished Draken off. There's so many places he could have been helpful in a way that made sense. Warning people, calling the ambulance, attempting to distract Kiyomasa, but instead he throws himself at the guy who destroyed him twice, gets stabbed, and completely implausibly wins anyway.

Feeling disappointed. I was ready to accept iffy logic for time travel and some rule of cool like his first fight with Kiyomasa, but you gotta have some logic. It's not satisfying when the win completely rides on plot armor. It's exciting and quick enough that I don't really want to give it up yet, but I hope it turns around.
Jun 13, 2021 3:57 PM

Mar 2018
okay that was one of if not the best episode yet I'm so glad kiyomasa got choked out lmaoooooooo bitch

it looks like mikeys got his hands full but he's dealing most of the shots so it should be over soon the other guy will probably retreat

so far so good
Jun 13, 2021 4:29 PM

Mar 2013
Bio said:
Manga18 said:

Agree with all this. I don't understand the claims that he's developed. He still makes the worst decisions at every point. The issue has never been that he's a coward aside from what we're told his life was like offscreen. It's been that he's incapable. He always attacks something in the most useless way while other people do something actually useful like call for the ambulance or backup. He really showed them dragging Draken on his back. Showed them that... Hina could show up with an answer that made his effort almost irrelevant. And it's only fantasy logic that bouncing him around like that wasn't what finished Draken off. There's so many places he could have been helpful in a way that made sense. Warning people, calling the ambulance, attempting to distract Kiyomasa, but instead he throws himself at the guy who destroyed him twice, gets stabbed, and completely implausibly wins anyway.

Feeling disappointed. I was ready to accept iffy logic for time travel and some rule of cool like his first fight with Kiyomasa, but you gotta have some logic. It's not satisfying when the win completely rides on plot armor. It's exciting and quick enough that I don't really want to give it up yet, but I hope it turns around.

All this.

And I hope he starts to move a bit faster in general. Right now, he's physically and mentally on par with the sloths in Zootopia 😩
Jun 13, 2021 4:35 PM

Nov 2014
SkyFullOfStars said:
I think this is one of the best episodes so far! Takemichi finally getting over his trauma from his first life and defeating kiyomasa. I like how he didn't defeat him using a punch but rather with biting and choking because he's weak. The censorship was weird but in the uncensored version he dodged kiyomasa's strike, got behind him and got him in a chokehold while kiyomasa was still processing his punch.

Mikey and Hanma's fight, on the other hand, was really good. It shows how Mikey's got martial arts experience (proper punches and roundhouse kicks) and how Hanma was experienced in fighting too. Their fight was very different from takemichi's desperate fighting. I like mikeys trust in takemichi to get draken to safety. Btw if takemichi wasn't there, draken would've probs bled to death right there cuz no one would've noticed him on time.

Also Hina. Wow Hina did a great job this episode too. She called the ambulance and called the Mizo gang for backup. If it weren't for her, takemichi would've probs been stabbed again. Also thank you akkun for that punch, Mizo gang are a good bunch of bros
ah so thats why the sudden switch to the choke scene seemed so weird. Its not the studio's fault. Its the censorship's fault. Why did they censor that scene? I dont see how theres anything that needs to be censored :(

And im also so proud of hina this weak! She not only called the ambulance but also ran away with emma when takemichi told her to. This has got to be the first time i see a female lead be useful and doesn't stay to be a hindrance or hostage material!! I love it!!
Jun 13, 2021 4:40 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 10 and its good.. its really good to have friends u can trust, so that whenever u may be in a pinch, someone will help u.. tho depending on the situation they are all in.. which is why its important that one accepts the fact they need help, or else they probably cant help u when one needed it the most.. tho takemichi cant help but need the back up in his situation, since kiyomasa has blocked his way when he carried draken to the nearest hospital.. and to earn the trust of ur friend and urself, its also important to never run away.. tho in real life, running away is wise, as u may not know what others has brought with on the fight.. as u might lose ur life instead.. anyways, i rate the episode a 8.5 of 10, 8.5 for story and 9 for art.. :)
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

342 by SelfishxRomance »»
Aug 29, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

252 by AeonHeals »»
Aug 19, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

113 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 11, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

129 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 11, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

207 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 11, 6:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.