Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 8, 2021 9:23 AM

Sep 2017
Lmao shooting horns from your head. What a dumb quirk. Her Japanese is also super foreign sounding.
May 8, 2021 9:23 AM

Mar 2017
This is probably my favorite battle of the arc because we get to see Iida, Todoroki, AND Tetsutetsu in action. I think the balance of Class A's team and the fact that Class B only has combat fighters in this round is so interesting too. Despite Class B seemingly having a disadvantage in that aspect they've actually overpowered Class A so far.

Seeing that flashback to Iida giving his engines an upgrade made me wince - the way he pulls the engines out 😨
May 8, 2021 9:40 AM

Nov 2020
i remember a post about there will be some cool sakuga scenes in this episode, and there's none. when it ended I was like "What the fuck? that's it?", huge disappointment. but judging from the next episode's previews, I guess those scenes will be in the next episode.
May 8, 2021 10:18 AM

Nov 2016
If Sen wanted he could easily 1 v 3 team A and only Todoroki would win him, sincehis quirk is like a drill, if he applied enough speed to his arms and legs he could cut the enemies in half or in more chunks.

And Pony is an excellent support. Liked how they interact with each other.
And yes... Sen can probably rotate his tongue and his other part.
May 8, 2021 11:12 AM

May 2018
The match did not start until 12 minutes in... I'm not a fan of this pacing. Thought I do like this battle a lot :D
May 8, 2021 11:37 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Todoroki finally gets a chance to shine, but this is not going to be an easy match as Class B has some counters to their quirks. I think Class A wins this match next week.
May 8, 2021 11:54 AM

Oct 2020
So this is Class Reps time. Their team is well balanced as Deku said. They are the tough looking ones from the class. Their opponents are also quite good but compared to them their opponents are not that good to defeat all of them. But I think it depends on how they do it. Tetsutetsu and the softening guy are really the main problem. Softening guy is really quite a thinker. Must admit that he started the better than anyone on each team. But I still don't think there is a chance for them. 1-A is hiding their true form till now. Better watch it next time. Looks like it won't be that easy at it seemed.
May 8, 2021 12:21 PM

Jul 2020
Decent episode

Seeing Endeavor being left on read like that was actually very hilarious, and he's so persistent with his messaging too. I'm really looking forward to see more development between the Todoroki's. Apart from that, this episode was somewhat bland.
May 8, 2021 1:25 PM

Jun 2019
Well it wasn’t as bad as the last episode, but it is still plagued by the same problems. To much time wasted on flashbacks and recaps. The art and animation takes a dip occasionally, like with how Endevor looked. Even the OST sounds bad sometimes.

That being said, this battle looks more interesting than the last one so here’s to hoping that it pulls through next episode.
May 8, 2021 1:53 PM

Aug 2013
Casual note that they low-key added a sex joke for Mineta.

Mineta: "You haven't grown as much as me!"

Ashido: "You're still the same (refers to him being short)"

Mineta: "I'm not talking about height!"

Don't believe the hype.
May 8, 2021 3:40 PM
May 2018
Yep they're still dragging it, well the new scenes are cool, but I could do without most of them. Good episode, but it's mostly construction for future events.
nontoxic0913 said:
Yall its an arc. If it only had 7 episodes, its not gonna be seen as a real arc.

It's a saga (the arcs are the battles) and it doesn't matter the length (heh), just because it's longer doesn't make it real. I think mostly of the complaints are in the pacing anyway.
May 8, 2021 3:44 PM
Jan 2021
Não me entendo mal, mas esse episódio eu achei ele meio sem graça (na verdade esses 7 episódios para mim foram mais ou menos) não tem aquele toque de algo além de lutinha atrás de lutinha, um sacoooooo
May 8, 2021 5:40 PM
Jul 2011
One of the few times where "they need to rush it" would be applicable. They really padding out these episodes out. Probably best to just take a break from watching this weekly and let the episodes build up to binge later on.
May 8, 2021 5:46 PM
Jul 2018
There weren't many tense moments with fights throughout the episode I kind of liked the breaks during the match, Todoroki still has trauma from his father, I kind of understand that.
May 8, 2021 7:11 PM

Feb 2021
idk why people complain about the pacing the episode is over before i knew it
May 8, 2021 7:54 PM

Sep 2020
AyyMayy said:
I hate the constant recaps especially showing the exact same recap shown a few minutes ago.
This is the worst MHA has been. The only saving grace of this arc is that we get to see Class B and also Shinso.

I can't wait for this arc to be over.
I don't know what's coming after this arc but I've heard its better than this.

next arc is meta liberation army which is in my opinion the best arc in my hero academia manga
May 8, 2021 8:39 PM

Jul 2016
Endeavor being left on read kinda made me feel bad for him... who the hell is Toya tho? Dabi?

Also, I don't recall Tetsutetsu being this retarded before. He should be more careful around Todoroki or else his iron ass will literally get melted.
May 8, 2021 8:50 PM

Dec 2020
im getting tired with these practice matches, same fight formula, takes up a long time, and almost no lore important things in it. only thing that entertained me this episode was todoroki's sneeze
May 8, 2021 10:11 PM

Apr 2021
Todoraki and Endenver's character building is much more interesting then Deku or bakugo.

Endenver is #1 character of BnHA imo

Fall 2022 is the most Unforgettable anime season of all time

May 8, 2021 11:16 PM
May 2020
This fight and the next ones look really interesting so far.

First the mushroom girl and now Iida pulling out his fucking mufflers, every season they manage to bring more uncomfortable details about all these quirks lmao. And they always catch me off guard, I can never expect these things from the innocent BNHA
May 8, 2021 11:33 PM

Oct 2008
Todoroki's team is in a pinch as well...looks like Class B is really performing well huh! or at least...lolz
5/5.

May 9, 2021 12:49 AM
Sep 2020
Oxalyc said:
That match was very ugly and looked lame compared to the other episodes, did they use CGI for this? It was pretty bad anyways

And you'll were saying AOT used too much cgi ,atleast their cgi was better than this ,here there is too much still shots
May 9, 2021 3:08 AM
Mar 2021
The third match, class A's strategy was defeated by class B because of Juzo's quirk, Softening. But in the next episode the situation will be reversed by Recipro Turbo Iida and Shoto's left side.

Honestly, this arc is a bit boring like filler, making me sleepy.
RykieelMay 9, 2021 3:12 AM
May 9, 2021 3:20 AM
Jan 2020
Why tf are they wasting time with the same intro to the fights and recap bs and then still explaining tetsutetsus quirk in the 5th season this show has had some horrible pacing since the 4th season and honestly isnt intresting at all
May 9, 2021 3:46 AM

Mar 2018
Better episode than last week that's for sure.

I don't think the pacing's ever gonna really be fixed until the arc is over so I'm gonna try and stop complaining about it.

I'll give credit where credit is due, character look consistently great, the Animation Directors are doing wonders, would be nice if there were a tad bit more animation but I believe we're gonna get just that next week considering the pv.

Also, CGI Endeavor is very well done, but distracting nonetheless in my case.
May 9, 2021 3:47 AM
Mar 2021
okay but like i loved this episode. idk why todoroki leaving endeavor on read was so damn funny to me LMAO thats totally like him.
May 9, 2021 3:52 AM

Aug 2013
so fucking boring wth I started missing with my phone mid-episode
May 9, 2021 4:12 AM

Aug 2015
DedPanda said:
Casual note that they low-key added a sex joke for Mineta.

Mineta: "You haven't grown as much as me!"

Ashido: "You're still the same (refers to him being short)"

Mineta: "I'm not talking about height!"

I took it as growth in terms of ability??
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
May 9, 2021 4:13 AM

Aug 2015
wixw said:
AyyMayy said:
I hate the constant recaps especially showing the exact same recap shown a few minutes ago.
This is the worst MHA has been. The only saving grace of this arc is that we get to see Class B and also Shinso.

I can't wait for this arc to be over.
I don't know what's coming after this arc but I've heard its better than this.

next arc is meta liberation army which is in my opinion the best arc in my hero academia manga

Looking forward to it!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
May 9, 2021 4:29 AM

Oct 2015
Usually as the seasons progresses the ratings increase as more and more casuals drop off leaving more ardent fans to follow. It's quite telling that the ranking for the fifth season of MHA keeps falling lower and lower by the episode. Saw it coming though, the arc was rubbish in the manga as well.
May 9, 2021 7:00 AM

May 2018
booooring season atm
May 9, 2021 8:11 AM

Mar 2019
Finally, Todoroki is here. I like his character so much but damn, poor Endeavor. Sad that we have to wait 1 more week until this match's finale. Also can't wait to see Deku's match vs Shinso, that's going to be interesting.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 9, 2021 9:17 AM

Mar 2010
Those overused flashbacks really made this episode long winded.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 9, 2021 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
The part when they talked in English. 😆

Anyway a Tenya moment is always a welcomed moment.
May 9, 2021 3:56 PM
Jan 2021
Is it just me or has this whole arc felt like they’re stretching out moderately entertaining content to a point where it has become somewhat boring? I love the show, I love the rivalry they are developing and building on between class A/B, but I wish they went through these matches a little faster and got back to more engrossing plot points. I get that they have to stick to the manga to a degree... but I wish they could finish these matches up a little quicker and maybe have a separate (slightly more interesting) challenge between A/B afterwards if they really want to give the manga more time to get ahead.
May 9, 2021 4:07 PM
Apr 2016
So... When is this season actually starting? What a borefest, man! It feels like the plot hasn't progressed in ages. Actually, what plot? Like, If I skipped the past couple seasons I wouldn't have missed out on anything significant. I mean I kinda figured this show wouldn't be it when the author didn't have the balls to kill off All Might back in season 3. Such a missed opportunity.

Anyways, I don't know about you guys but I'm close to dropping it.
CruicruiseMay 9, 2021 4:19 PM
May 9, 2021 5:37 PM
Sep 2017
For those of you bringing up the pacing of the season, it should be noted that this arc in particular has some of the shortest chapters of the entire series.

For context, the usual chapter length prior to the Hero License arc was 19 pages. The length began dropping shortly after, from having 17 pages, to 15 pages, and so on. It got to a point where chapter 201 only had 11 PAGES. Thankfully, the length has been slowly increasing afterwards, with the current standard being 17 pages per chapter.

So yes, while they are still doing the standard 2 chapters per episode rule, the short length of these chapters has likely resulted in a good amount of padding.

I can assure you though, this will likely be the only arc of the series to have the issue be this blatant. Things will look up soon, especially with the following arc (OH BOY).
Hot Take: Jujutsu Kaisen is overrated, and there are only 3 mainline Sonic games that are terrible.
May 9, 2021 6:56 PM

Nov 2020
DMNorth said:
Is it just me or has this whole arc felt like they’re stretching out moderately entertaining content to a point where it has become somewhat boring? I love the show, I love the rivalry they are developing and building on between class A/B, but I wish they went through these matches a little faster and got back to more engrossing plot points. I get that they have to stick to the manga to a degree... but I wish they could finish these matches up a little quicker and maybe have a separate (slightly more interesting) challenge between A/B afterwards if they really want to give the manga more time to get ahead.

I'm right there with you. This would be a perfectly fine mini-arc akin to the License Exam tournament in S3, no more than 6-7 episodes. But since they apparently want to stretch this arc out to a full cour, they have to find ways to pad out the episodes with recaps, flashbacks and repeated exposition. As a result I find myself shifting around in my seat a lot waiting for the action to kick off despite liking the stuff that's happening on screen for the most part. It doesn't help either that the stakes are non-existent, Class 1A's rivalry with 1B doesn't hold a candle to past tournament arcs where they had to make a name for themselves in front of the world or getting their official hero licenses.
Are ya winning, diners?
May 9, 2021 7:02 PM
May 2011
Oxalyc said:
That match was very ugly and looked lame compared to the other episodes, did they use CGI for this? It was pretty bad anyways

IMO , it was a buildup for next episode.

Juzo is a calm genius !

Class president is BADASS
May 9, 2021 8:14 PM

Jul 2013
Definitely a better episode compared to last week, even if it was just the build up for the the next one.

I was wondering if Midoriya would tell Bakugo about what happened to him with One for All. Was pretty funny to see Bakugos reaction and All Mights inner monologue.

I liked Tokoyamis little speech towards Todoroki because it's 100% true what he said. Both of them have certain responsibilities. But especially a conversation between these 2 makes me smile because I just can't unhear Eren talking with Reiner lol.

Damn Todoroki just ignoring the messages of his father, what a savage.

Comparing both teams even without knowing to much about the quirks of 1-B (besides Tetsutetsu) I would guess Todoroki, Ida, Shoji and Ojiro should easily win. Seems like 1-B will make it harder as expected. Especially Juzo shouldn't be underestimated. He's clearly the brain in his team.

Interesting to see Ida also learned something knew with Recirpo Turbo. But to see what he had to make to achieve it looked disgustingly painful.

Todoroki vs Tetsutetsu in a melee battle is also something you would want to avoid. But let's see how this will play out next weekend.

PS: I also had a bad thought when I saw the "drill" part lol.

May 10, 2021 10:20 AM
Mar 2016
This episode was better than I expected, Im glad because the last one was horrible, anyways lets see once will finish this arc.
May 10, 2021 12:15 PM

May 2018
Says Pony can control up to 4 horns at a time, but shows her controlling 6 multiple times. This arc is so bad the animators don't even care to be accurate with Class B's quirks.
May 10, 2021 3:08 PM
Aug 2020
Nysyir said:
Says Pony can control up to 4 horns at a time, but shows her controlling 6 multiple times. This arc is so bad the animators don't even care to be accurate with Class B's quirks.

No the animators got it right, it’s the exact same in the manga.
May 10, 2021 5:36 PM

May 2018
Ofcool2947 said:
Nysyir said:

My point stands completely firm.
May 10, 2021 8:08 PM
Aug 2020
Nysyir said:
Ofcool2947 said:

Stands completely unfirm*
May 10, 2021 11:46 PM

Mar 2020
Ofcool2947 said:
Nysyir said:

Stands completely unfirm*
dont worry bro he is high on copium...from where did he saw 6 horns? So thats why kids dont do drugs
May 11, 2021 12:16 AM

Nov 2017
I'm so glad they're putting the characters to use. It's like they've been saving them in cold storage for two seasons. "How do we follow up a tournament arc?"

"A....tourna.....ment....ar--"

"No! That's brilliant! Let's do a tournament arc!"

"That's what I was going to sa--"

People, esp. fans of the show, dumping on this current arc because it's not an Endeavor fight, which kind of makes me wonder why ya'll been watching this. We finally get the cast the show was supposedly building up in all their glory.

Characters who supposedly mattered are back. The story has finally come back to home base. Plus class B is pretty cool in that they're not far off and our main heroes can be overrated.

Dunno, I mean the extra b-line antagonists plot got sort of...messy? It didn't have stakes that couldn't be sidelined for the main characters. It's much more vital to me if these characters are growing and advancing their skills in real time. Plots from the last two seasons felt like impermanent changes that didn't stick.

I'm just glad that it feels like the show knows where it's going now and things have a place. Like we have a sense of direction and true north. Before I felt like a drowned sailor in a tempest of confusion. "What's the point of this?" "Who that?" "Why hasn't Deku actually changed?" "What happened to the rest of the characters?" "Who's this little girl?"

Just poor storywriting. The author has loads of trouble with this big-ass story. What do I focus on? Who and for what reason? It's like Deku was training with that little old dude, Gran Torino, and ever since then we've sort of fallen off from the main plot into side missions.

Deku didn't really advance as far as I can tell, we lost the best character (all might) and we lost track of everybody else. The great thing about this arc is it's pulling all these disparate elements back into focus.

But I can already see the click bait articles bashing this arc because the fans find it boring and don't care about class b.

May 11, 2021 12:49 AM

Mar 2020
Nysyir said:
Ofcool2947 said:

She used her 4 horns to push away Shoji from Todoroki as a matter of surprise then she loosened the grip of 2 horns on shoji's arms but kept the 2 horns on Shoji's shoulders intact to push him away even more. Now she can control 2 more horns and used on Tetsu to charge him on Todoroki...she can produce many horns but control 4 at a time as of now.
May 13, 2021 1:56 AM

Oct 2007
Wow this Class A vs Class B battle drags really. Getting bored already.What the fuck happened to this show, second half of S4 was already lame and now this.
May 14, 2021 3:51 PM

May 2018
i_m_a_hero_too said:
Nysyir said:

She used her 4 horns to push away Shoji from Todoroki as a matter of surprise then she loosened the grip of 2 horns on shoji's arms but kept the 2 horns on Shoji's shoulders intact to push him away even more. Now she can control 2 more horns and used on Tetsu to charge him on Todoroki...she can produce many horns but control 4 at a time as of now.

Even if you're "loosening the grip" on something, that would still be controlling them. If she weren't, the ones she wasn't controlling would just fall away and be inactive while he's flying through the air.

and immediately after this, uses another set to push Tetsutetsu towards him.

The only argument that could be made against this is she maybe stuck her horns into the metal behind Shoji (which we didn't see her do, and doesn't look like they would be deep enough to hold him very well) in order to gain control of another pair. Doesn't invalidate what I said for the other scene. Just because they aren't actively being moved, even if they're just floating there next to her, that's still considering being in control of them. Otherwise they'd just fall.
NysyirMay 14, 2021 7:18 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

213 by Kayle_Matthew »»
Jun 8, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

207 by Astro037 »»
May 31, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

147 by Skowyt »»
May 27, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

295 by WolfWood37 »»
May 24, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

120 by WolfWood37 »»
May 22, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.