Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2021 12:27 PM
Apr 2016
Clas1ck said:
The animation is so good, the OP and ED I love too

The animation isn t bad, but damn if you think this is a good animation you need to watch more animes :S For exemple this season there is Vivy fluorite Eye Song, it s not the best animation I ve seen, but it s still a thousand times better than this
Apr 17, 2021 12:30 PM

Feb 2014
Naoto, you lucky bastard! He was able to somehow get a good view of Nagatoro's underwear before she realised her mistake! XD

Once again, it was really entertaining to see how Nagatoro teased her senpai and this time, it involved his love for ecchi shounen manga, which had a really funny moment when she accidentally grabbed his crotch, then it later moved onto the "nipple" game, which was going well before Nagatoro's phone ruined it! You can say that timing saved her, as she was looking increasingly embarrassed when Naoto was close to touching her as part of the game.

We do get to see how she acts around other guys at the family restaurant and she didn't enjoy her time one bit with those faceless guys. Her criticism of them were savage and spot on, which blew apart Naoto's prediction that she would tease them the same way she did to him.

Either way, the preview for the next episode shows that Nagatoro introduces her senpai to her friends, so that should be pretty brutal and spicy! =D
Apr 17, 2021 12:33 PM
Dec 2019
Franck_Nicolas said:
Clas1ck said:

The animation isn t bad, but damn if you think this is a good animation you need to watch more animes :S For exemple this season there is Vivy fluorite Eye Song, it s not the best animation I ve seen, but it s still a thousand times better than this

It's a good animation considering the genre of this show. Not all type of animation fit every genre, u cannot compare this show's animation with vivy(it's completely different tone), but compared to Takagi san, the animation is better.
Apr 17, 2021 12:34 PM
Dec 2019
Raizel said:
that was surprisingly way better than last one.
that's what every manga reader was trying to tell since the last week XD
Apr 17, 2021 12:36 PM

Dec 2017
Looks like the last minutes of the episodes are going to be the best part of each episode
Apr 17, 2021 12:40 PM

Jan 2021
Franck_Nicolas said:
Clas1ck said:

Well, I didn't mean top tier animation, but it feels pretty good and above average I would say 😂
I haven't picked up Vivy Fluorite, but I will probably watch it after it airs
Apr 17, 2021 12:46 PM
Jun 2020
I believe this episode showed why manga readers love Nagatoro and why she bullys her Senpai.
Apr 17, 2021 1:00 PM

May 2018
Aw geeez, why don't ya just kicked Nagatoro in the ass and lock the door , you pussy sempai.
Apr 17, 2021 1:09 PM

Oct 2020
That was another good episode, I really liked how they were able to work in the short hula hoop omake and merged the vampire and naughty manga chapters together. It’s a real testament I think to how evocative Nanashi’s original art is, that certain images from the manga translated exactly into what I thought they would look like when animated.

I really like that they’re willing to have little interludes too, like when they segued into that scene from the vampire manga. I hope this means we’ll see the “Nekatoro” sequence at some point.

One thing I do slightly miss are the translation choices in the manga, like the reference to the character in the naughty manga having the “lucky pervert” skill rather than being “accidentally lucky” and Nagatoro calling the manga a pervy thing instead of calling it lewd (mostly because I love that time Yoshi says there’s a lewd smell in the art room). I hope Senpai refers to Gamou, Sakura and Yoshi as “the friends” like he does in the manga too.
Apr 17, 2021 1:25 PM

Jul 2013
Nagatoro is seriously so funny x)

I didn't expect an "accidentally lucky" moment where it's Senpai who gets groped. *has intense Fire Force flashbacks*

I love how the two guys are "good looking", according to Nagatoro's friend, yet we technically didn't get to see their faces lol. Only relevant characters get eyes! And I liked how she calmly dissed those guys, too. She obviously likes Senpai~
Apr 17, 2021 1:30 PM
Mar 2021
So, instead of bullying it's sexual harassment?

Even a dork like MC doesn't really deserve it. Though it was interesting to see Nagatoro's real personality at the end, and I think if the rest of the anime is going to be less obnoxiously horny (It's even worse than a 1980s anime I'm currently watching, and that is saying something), then I think it can turn into a pretty decent anime.

As the others have said, the OP and ED themes are pretty good.
Apr 17, 2021 1:37 PM

Nov 2013
this show gives me a headache, i hate bullying
also they could've at least drawn them the eyes ffs
Apr 17, 2021 1:39 PM

Nov 2013
Nagatoro was so adorable during the nipple-game. CUTE!
Apr 17, 2021 1:41 PM
Aug 2020
This episode was kinda boring, not gonna lie. And there was zero connection to last week's episode, do they just straight up dive into the standalone chapters?
Apr 17, 2021 2:18 PM

Nov 2015
Wow. The contrast in my feelings for this episode vs. the first episode is like night and day.

I really didn't like the first episode. Didn't think it was funny or interesting at all. It felt way too mean spirited as well.

This episode? I laughed out loud a couple of times and I really enjoyed it. Big Boob Vampires is a hilarious title and a LOLed pretty hard when it showed the steak through the vampire girl's heart because it looked so ridiculous with her giant tits.

Very good. Glad the first episode was not an indication of the tone the show was going for!
Apr 17, 2021 2:25 PM

Aug 2018
People that (still) get offended by this probably didn't get the memo that you should not take this seriously. I feel sorry for them. Learn the difference between fiction and reality. Our tease queen Nagatoro even said it her self: fictional charathers from a comic is not the same as reality.

Nagatoro did nothing wrong.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Apr 17, 2021 2:52 PM

Nov 2019
This adaptation has already exceeded my expectations, really glad to see how well it's been adapted. Gives of the exact same vibes as the manga. I hope the so-called haters could watch this episode and see the true colors of the plot-

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Apr 17, 2021 2:56 PM

Dec 2015
I thought the episode was okay with funny moments.

The Bigboobs Vampire doujin's cover looked like Erina and Hisako from Food Wars with the slime from Dragon Quest. The reaction that Nagatoro had when she accidentally touched his dick was funny. She didn't know how to react, she just looked at it for a brief moment. I've read an article talking about different deres. While watching the café scene with one of her friends with two boys, and how cold she felt. I think it's safe to say that she's a sadodere.
Apr 17, 2021 3:02 PM

Mar 2010
I had some odd tension when she was talking to the other guys o.O

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 17, 2021 3:06 PM

Jun 2020
So far, the best thing I can say about this anime is the opening and ending scenes with their respective songs. The rest f the episode bothered me the same way the previous one did. But what I liked was seeing her interact with other boys, but that is not really something that can justify how awfully she acts towards the guy. in short, still hate her guts.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Apr 17, 2021 3:16 PM
Apr 2020
Lol where are the characters from the first episode?
How much time has passed between episode 1 and 2?
Thats not character development. They just straight up switched nagatoro with uzaki chan
Apr 17, 2021 3:19 PM

Nov 2014
Compared to 774's other works, Nagatoro is very tame and 774 even tones it down later after 7 chapters in the manga
Apr 17, 2021 3:27 PM

Nov 2015
ayaan692 said:
Lol where are the characters from the first episode?
How much time has passed between episode 1 and 2?
Thats not character development. They just straight up switched nagatoro with uzaki chan

No they didn't. Uzaki was annoying af and presented what she was doing as a way to help her Senpai.

They are somewhat similar but I recently watched Uzaki-chan and couldn't stand her at all. Nagatoro is not nearly as bad imo.
Apr 17, 2021 3:30 PM

Mar 2016
Really hope the production quality remains the same throughout this season. Because for the first 2 episodes, the lighting, audio, varying in animation pacing has been absolutely beautiful so far. Leaps beyond what I expected this show to have.
The comedic jump-cut animation used appropriately, and those dancing and swinging motions Nagatoro ends up doing are so smooth!

Things plot-wise are already getting quite interesting. Turned down a notch from EP1 so it is full on messing with Senpai with no true intent to hurt/upset him, and then even Nagatoro was almost self-cornered with that 'nipple-finding'game when Senpai actually took her on and went with his turn.

Gotta love that little equality addition too. Of all the animes I've seen where a male protaganist tumbles and ends up with a boob in his hand, this is the first I've seen a female tumble and end up with a hand-full of male crotch xD
Apr 17, 2021 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
I liked this episode more, I don't know, I definitely felt it was more light and funny than the previous one. The scene where Nagatoro finds the senpai's ero manga and he tries to justify that he reads because of the plot was gold! I would tease him too, lol!
Apr 17, 2021 3:42 PM
Mar 2021
2nd episode... loved it. Full of laughs and cute moments. Nagatoro in this episode is just super adorable, it's almost funny
Apr 17, 2021 3:53 PM

Oct 2015
Why I remember another author works since this episode mention Vampire..
Apr 17, 2021 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
you can already tell that Nagatoro likes naoto.
Apr 17, 2021 4:01 PM
Aug 2017
Great episode, hope that the rest of the anime goes like this.
Apr 17, 2021 4:13 PM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
I like the episode a lot. It's faithful to the manga, and tbh, I didn't find the fan service to be that bad. Seeing more context to the vampire scene was cool too. I enjoyed seeing Toro act cold to the other guys, because we can already see who she is crushing for. 10/10 episode.
Apr 17, 2021 4:27 PM
Sep 2018
I didn't actually expect it to be this good, I think that starting with this episode a lot of people will start liking Nagatoro, like, in the manga it took a while to make you realise that she's not some soulless devil or something, meanwhile in the anime u get it from the 2nd ep.
and +1 point for the nipple game adaptation
Apr 17, 2021 4:32 PM

Jun 2009
alexinio05 said:
I didn't actually expect it to be this good, I think that starting with this episode a lot of people will start liking Nagatoro, like, in the manga it took a while to make you realise that she's not some soulless devil or something, meanwhile in the anime u get it from the 2nd ep.
and +1 point for the nipple game adaptation

atm the animes speed is about 3~4 chapter (+side chapter) per episode which translates to chapter 5-7 in the manga. Which was also kind of the "first breaking point" after which one could see why Nagatoro (and the manga) is so liked :)

It's like in the beginning they clashed (or more she clashed xD) against each other not knowing anything about each other which will slowly change for the better :3
Apr 17, 2021 4:43 PM

Mar 2013
Nagatoro in the beginning came in like

Apr 17, 2021 4:54 PM

Oct 2017
tanishq1204 said:
Well we came to know Naoto is a man of culture as well, in the manga it was a naked loli manga instead of big boob vampire tho.

Huh?
Seems like wishful thinking filling in a gap in your memory....
Because if it was, where did the whole vampire scene that followed it come from?
Way to spread misinformation.

Let me correct this for you....

No loli's there...?
Apr 17, 2021 5:09 PM

Oct 2017
I was apprehensive about the adaptation when it was announced,... too many manga/LN to anime adaptations are so easily butchered....
But so far I'm not complaining, got used to Nagatoro's voice being different form what I imagined it to be.
Loving it so far.

They nailed the "noodle arms"... ;)
Apr 17, 2021 5:12 PM

Sep 2020
Second half of the episode and those who didn't get it until now will realize what's Nagatoro is about, in a certain way.
Apr 17, 2021 5:36 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
Okay this episode was alot better than the first one
I did not find her as annoying this time lol
Apr 17, 2021 5:55 PM

Jan 2013
madelajn3 said:
this show gives me a headache, i hate bullying
also they could've at least drawn them the eyes ffs
She's not bullying him anymore, at all. She certainly pushes personal boundaries, but her teasing here is not cruel.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 17, 2021 5:59 PM
Mar 2021
Honestly loved this episode cause we got to see how she reacts around other boys and it shows that she also gets embarrassed overall eps and easy 9/10 for me
Apr 17, 2021 6:35 PM

Dec 2012
Wait... she touches him and he doesn't get slapped!? crazy.
Apr 17, 2021 6:38 PM

Jun 2019
This anime continues to be really enjoyable.

The comedy is well-written and the VAs do a great job bringing it to life, especially Nagatoro’s VA. The animation emphasizes her wacky and energetic movements really well too.

While I get Nagatoro sexually teases the MC to make him flustered, it does feel a little gross sometimes because the anime is still sexualizing a 1st year high school girl.
Apr 17, 2021 6:45 PM
Mar 2021
Senpai reads manga because of fan service, that's kind of true. Pretty interesting vampire story and nipple games? It's a little weird. Overall I like this episode. I also like the OP & ED animation, it's really cool.
Apr 17, 2021 7:15 PM
Oct 2020
Honestly, it was a great episode, you cant tell me otherwise.
Apr 17, 2021 7:20 PM

Jan 2013
Timz0r said:
People that (still) get offended by this probably didn't get the memo that you should not take this seriously. I feel sorry for them. Learn the difference between fiction and reality. Our tease queen Nagatoro even said it her self: fictional charathers from a comic is not the same as reality.

That's fine and all, but don't act like the initial tone of the series isn't confusing, even for a romcom, the author had to draw panels after the first 2 chapters to make Nagatoro seem more sympathetic, with her looking distressed/embarrassed and asking if she took it too far, implying she never meant to be mean, which is just ridiculous, and shows the beginning chapters are poorly written.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 17, 2021 7:33 PM

Jan 2013
Blue_Maroon said:
it does feel a little gross sometimes because the anime is still sexualizing a 1st year high school girl.
What exactly is the logic behind this statement? A girl that is 16 years old is for all intents and purposes, nearly as developed (physically) as a 21 year old. The primary issue (age of consent, mental maturity) with sexualizing real teenagers simply doesn't exist when it comes to fictional one's, and if you're worried about things like "objectification" that's already the wrong approach to normalizing sexuality, and creating a more equal society.
Apr 17, 2021 7:35 PM
Dec 2007
LostSpectre said:
Timz0r said:

That's fine and all, but don't act like the initial tone of the series isn't confusing, even for a romcom, the author had to draw panels after the first 2 chapters to make Nagatoro seem more sympathetic, with her looking distressed/embarrassed and asking if she took it too far, implying she never meant to be mean, which is just ridiculous, and shows the beginning chapters are poorly written.
What you're saying isn't exactly wrong, but it should be mentioned that these are essentially 7 chapters out of a manga that has over 70 chapters. Both characters actually go through alot of growth. I do think that the early parts of the manga, the writer was still finding his footing with how to handle the characters. Each passing chapter gets better and better
Apr 17, 2021 7:35 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I need a copy of Big Boob Vampires lol. This was a really good episode, this show is easily shaping up to be one of my favorites this season. ED was really good too.
Apr 17, 2021 8:09 PM

Nov 2012
Not even 1 minute into this episode and he had a shot at that ass, he best be wrecking that ass sooner or later.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Apr 17, 2021 8:32 PM
Aug 2020
Showing the panties of a minor, constantly sexualize her, and even make her touch the MC private parts and barely making her embarrased because of that is something really controversial. The author made her really really promiscuous gosh.

But is anime and I get it, I can still enjoy it.

Apr 17, 2021 8:40 PM

Jul 2020
This episode was much better than the first. I didn't know if I was going to continue to watch because I felt the first episode went too far but I'll continue to watch.
I like the prospective of her saying she's not into other guys but she definitely loves Senpai.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

274 by DarCas003 »»
Sep 11, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

132 by Alejandro363 »»
Aug 22, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pre_Yum - Apr 24, 2021

177 by Alejandro363 »»
Aug 22, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by akashi_daiki »»
Aug 22, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

143 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.