Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2021 10:24 AM
Jul 2020
before todays episode released, i feel, they gonna release chapter 37 anime version today lmao yea they did it.

miyamura and hori san are wild jk :^))) souta part;-; miyamura is the best man. he is so gentle. cant wait to see more episode. cant wait to see yanagi akane yay.

pls dont skip the ed. watch till the end. there is short clip after the credits
Feb 20, 2021 10:27 AM
Apr 2012
I was thinking that they would end the season with "Can I have Kyouko?"
Well since they have skipped quite a bit of content any ideas where this season will finish?
I hope they don't speed through and go to graduation to finish the anime with the manga, now that we know the manga is ending soon.
I'm assuming the ending will be the same as the original version, for the manga.
Feb 20, 2021 10:30 AM

Jan 2019
Man is it refreshing for a romance anime to have the main couple bone half way through the season.

Feb 20, 2021 10:31 AM
Jan 2019
Ahhhhh she really bite him and I haven’t prepared my self for that scene.
Feb 20, 2021 10:33 AM

Jul 2017
YOSHIKAWA TYME BAYBEEEEE

Nice to see the OP as well has kinda changed, a bit more postive OP compared to the previous ones

also is it just me or didn't the 5 days thing happen before they started going out or at least before the haircut? That OST though, damn that was epic but it felt like something you'd hear in a big revalation not a heartwarming scene that it's supposed to be lmao

And yep, as expected they adapted the sex scene. And also as expected, it felt poorly adapted as well but oh well, that's kinda what's the bizz with this season rip. Also they completely butchered the Souta part afterwards lmao, like already Horimiya cut out some details on that scene from the Wn, but this one cuts out even more ;P
Feb 20, 2021 10:36 AM
Dec 2017
I don't usually post here, but I needed an outlet for all these feelings! I glanced at the reviews and was disappointed/surprised to see people calling this show terrible. The thread that calls it overhyped hurt too. We all have different tastes I guess, because this might just be my show of the season. It's a stacked season, so it's a tough choice, but I'm a sucker for honest shows like this. The writing, the characters, the honesty. Some of the reviews said this show was the same as any other rom-com and I can't help but wonder what they've been watching. I can count on one hand the number of shows where the characters were honest and misunderstandings basically didn't exist. Right now the only one that comes to mind is Tsuki ga Kurei, which is another favorite of mine.

Anime would have you believe that high schoolers can't even hold hands without dying of shame, but in the real world high schoolers have sex. I'm sure some people are made uncomfortable by the prospect (think White Album 2, another favorite of mine as well), but I appreciate the implication/inclusion of the concept because it's real. It's honest. These emotions exist, desires are natural. Miyamura being able to kiss her was impressive enough, but to go all the way? Almost never happens so I can definitely appreciate that.

Others may hate it, but I really like this show and am impatient for the next episode every week.
Feb 20, 2021 10:36 AM

Jul 2017
The pacing fell apart badly again after the past few episodes were reasonably good to great. This had the potential to be a great episode, especially given the Hori-Miyamura interactions in the latter half, but the anime rushed it so much that a lot of aspects about it just felt a bit anticlimactic in comparison to what it could have been. Shame really, this was one of the weakest episodes because of that. At least the Sakura stuff with Toru was fine, the rest was rough to get through in this adaptation.
Feb 20, 2021 10:37 AM

Dec 2016
This anime is so much better when the troll characters aren't in it!
Feb 20, 2021 10:38 AM

Mar 2016
It's still fun and all with the character interactions and banter, but damn they're not just running anymore, they're fucking jumping and leaping through content. The first half's content should've one full episode by itself, and Yoshikawa's character would've been more fleshed out, imho. Same situation with the second half regarding Kyoko and Izumi. Everything felt too quick, the emotional tempos were severely muffled, the other-wise nice inner dialogue felt awkward due to the lack of proper foundation from the hurried context, and the siegeway (or lack thereof) made practically no sense. That's why it also felt weird when it was shown at the end that Kyoko and Izumi clearly did.........THAT.
Feb 20, 2021 10:40 AM

Aug 2008
Lol, guess they forgot te most important thing: protection :):):)
The spider is watching
Feb 20, 2021 10:43 AM

Jan 2016
sheeeeesh hori copped the shlobby bone this episode
"hes too slow i dont know how hot has his processor but i put some death grips on it and its getting loud its getting lit"
Feb 20, 2021 10:44 AM

May 2015
Horimiya? More like HORNYmiya... ;)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 20, 2021 10:47 AM

Jun 2020
Erm...... that’s a lot of fucking chapters in one episode....... I didn’t even have time to let it sink in & absorb that Souta scene....it was so much more heartwarming in the manga (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`) Meh.... I have been enjoying this adaptation but this episode was too much. It’s too fast & the transition from scene to scene is so jarring

Sengoku & Sakura talking about Remi was the perfect moment to include the cosmic dust library part in. But they didn’t (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`) I’m glad there’s more Sengoku tho. And Shuu was so funny bugging Tooru always lol

Tooru best boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. And Yuki best girl!!!! Can’t wait
hope to see Yanagi in the next episode!

They also changed up some of the OP visuals. And finally an after credits scene featuring Hori’s love bite on Miyamura lol. Love mark in her case!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 20, 2021 10:55 AM
Jul 2020
Opening was changed, There were two passports in one scene.And many more details.We'll see what's the ending in the last chapter of the manga. To be sure, This isn't spoiler. I also don't know what's the ending gonna be.
Feb 20, 2021 10:58 AM

Jan 2021
SavageTM said:
They finally do the sex?

They did the deed, indeed.
Feb 20, 2021 11:00 AM

Sep 2020
I have nothing to say except , WTF 16+ teen doing 18+ things
Feb 20, 2021 11:01 AM

Mar 2015
Hickey!! lol loved that. :)
The sword that takes life gives life
Feb 20, 2021 11:06 AM

Jan 2021
I NEED MORE NOWWWWW
Feb 20, 2021 11:09 AM

Aug 2020
The "scene" finally got animated

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Feb 20, 2021 11:21 AM
Dec 2020
Not you typical romance anime that drags for eternity . Confession in ep2. Relationship in ep5. S3x in ep 7.
Feb 20, 2021 11:30 AM
Aug 2020
They definitely smashed and if you say they didn't you must have not seen the post credit scene
Feb 20, 2021 11:38 AM
Nov 2020
The sex scene took me by surprised tbh, they've never really shown sex appeal, so them getting raunchy really took me by surprised, still mixed about it since a great example of how to take the relationship further is like 3D girlfriend, although there's very little sex appeal in that anime, having the slight hints of it doesnt create such a shock. I really thought I'd be another waiting in the summer or just because where it's more of a theme and strictly non sexual romance. Im mostly pushing this because it's the only part im mixed about but Love triangles and the cute elevator scene was good.
Feb 20, 2021 11:38 AM

Apr 2020
aww i love those yuki moments and
umm did they ?... you know ..?
Feb 20, 2021 11:43 AM

Nov 2020
why the fuck is this so good?
Feb 20, 2021 11:49 AM

Oct 2018
GoshaX said:

I know... My inner teenage girl was squealing in this episode. What the hell is going on and why I can't get enough of this?

Feb 20, 2021 11:50 AM
Jan 2021
Why they delete kiss scene 😐😐😑😑 I have been waiting for this scene for a long time
Feb 20, 2021 11:59 AM

Apr 2018
Miyamura is such an alfa male. I'd fuck him too tbh.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Feb 20, 2021 12:03 PM

Apr 2018
The rain part is the reason why I was so hyped about this anime adaption, since I wanted to watch how well it could be animated and all! FUWA FUWA
Feb 20, 2021 12:14 PM
Feb 2021
I guess it was nice. We saw vulnerable sides of the female characters. The owner of the show is yuri though, a new triangle is about to show, I am thrilled. Mayura and Hori's relationship went to the next level so I am excited for that. Wanted to see the sex scene tho 😒
Feb 20, 2021 12:20 PM
Jan 2020
I'm just curious how the hell Hori was able to bite the back of Miyamura's neck like that? 😭
Feb 20, 2021 12:25 PM

Mar 2018
This episode felt really fast, but the first half of the episode did a really amazing job at portraying Kono-san! And well, guess Hori shared the heat with Miyamura, winkwink.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Feb 20, 2021 12:26 PM

Nov 2009
winshenv said:
before todays episode released, i feel, they gonna release chapter 37 anime version today lmao yea they did it.

miyamura and hori san are wild jk :^))) souta part;-; miyamura is the best man. he is so gentle. cant wait to see more episode. cant wait to see yanagi akane yay.

pls dont skip the ed. watch till the end. there is short clip after the credits

thanks for this. i thought that scene was skipped
Feb 20, 2021 12:26 PM
Jan 2021
I really enjoyed this episode since we got to see the perspective of different characters, and not just Miyamura and Hori even though I love them. Also I'm not sure if it's just me (since I don't know what the timespan is between episodes/chapters) but I feel like them having sex was a bit rushed, as long as they liked it tho. It reminded me of my high school days and now I feel old HAHA
manenjiFeb 20, 2021 12:29 PM
Feb 20, 2021 12:42 PM
Aug 2020
Oh my god this too fucking sweet I think I'm going to get diabetes!!!!!!!
Feb 20, 2021 12:47 PM

Jun 2019
Wow I can’t believe that this anime actually had Hori and Miyamura bang each other. You don’t see that ever in high school romance anime so that makes it stand out as more mature and heartfelt. I still find the pacing to be very strange though. We are constantly bouncing between characters and time periods so it feels like the anime is moving to fast and not “smelling the roses” as much as it could.
Feb 20, 2021 12:47 PM
Feb 2021
The cast is so deep and lovable. I’m really having a good time with this one. End of the episode was super cute.
Feb 20, 2021 12:49 PM
Aug 2020
the episode was nice and wholesome but man i feel so lonely after watching this
SnK/AoT is a masterpiece fuck you fight me

Feb 20, 2021 1:02 PM
Dec 2020
This episode was pretty boring for me I have no interest in the side characters at all (because in later chapters/ hopefully it doesn’t get animated) it don’t even mention hori and miyamura anymore just them but why tf they downplay the sex scene so hard too??? Mad disappointed this episode pain. Obv I don’t care for seeing the sex but anime watchers wouldn’t even know what they did.
Feb 20, 2021 1:10 PM

Jul 2020
Holy shit.

Very nice. That's all I have to say.
Feb 20, 2021 1:15 PM

Nov 2011
This episode was Beautifully Painful...but in reverse order...so I guess Painfully Beautiful.

First the Pain. Sakura taking a step forward and gaining courage to talk with Ishikawa and even bake cookies for him. That was super sweet. This though results in Yuki coming to an understanding of what she is feeling and that is jealously. She also understand why she is jealous.

The pain continues because we as viewers know that one of these two awesome girls are going to be left heartbroken (And if anime has taught me anything, it will be Sakura)

THE PAIN STILL CONTINUES! Miyamura and his phone dying. Hori just feeling super depressed not seeing him for 5 days, and finally the embrace in the elevator which leads into the BEAUTY of the episode.

Just both of these young adults man...it's actually freaking beautiful to watch. "I didn't fall in love with a normal girl, I feel in love with YOU" Dude my MAN MIYAMURA!!!

What a fantastic episode.

And the end...HORI LEAVING HER MARK!!! Hell yeah Girl!
SoraSenpaiFeb 20, 2021 1:22 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 20, 2021 1:17 PM

Dec 2012
can't believe I almost lost the scene that I was anticipating the most to see animated cuz it was post credits oof
that perfectly round bite mark always manages to impress me

Feb 20, 2021 1:19 PM

Apr 2015
lolll xddddd they did it 👀👀👀👀 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳
Feb 20, 2021 1:21 PM

Jul 2020
Some people are saying they didn't make love, but they defiently did.
Feb 20, 2021 1:29 PM

Nov 2020
ThousandCuts said:
GoshaX said:

I know... My inner teenage girl was squealing in this episode. What the hell is going on and why I can't get enough of this?
This show just brings me back to the good old days of high school. It's so realistic, that most things that happen in the show happened to me too.
Feb 20, 2021 1:32 PM
Dec 2013
This is probably my favorite episode so far thanks to it focusing less on Hori and Miyamura lol
Feb 20, 2021 1:34 PM
May 2014
G_Excel said:
I just notice they are using flip phones. What year does this anime take place in?

Probably 2011 (manga releasing year), but in Japan cellphone line and cellphone it self are way expensive, basically there is no cell line and then the phone, a cellphone is sold with a line included (and it's expensive, as I said)
Panda_GFeb 20, 2021 1:37 PM
Feb 20, 2021 2:04 PM
Feb 20, 2021 2:20 PM

Dec 2020
ngl I teared up during the last scene where Sota and Miyamura where talking together...
Feb 20, 2021 2:22 PM
Feb 2021
The second half of the episode confused me a lot and I think this might be because I'm an anime-only but the pacing and timing of their relationship feels off to me. It felt like I'm missing episodes on the anime. This episode was somewhat disappointing to be honest.
Feb 20, 2021 2:22 PM
Jul 2018
so did they do it??
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

219 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2021

215 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 12, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dominik_Fark - Jan 9, 2021

496 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 11, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2021

244 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 6, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Li_Feng_Tsao - Feb 6, 2021

231 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 6, 11:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.