Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Heaven's Design Team
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 8, 2021 3:08 AM

Jan 2010
I liked the concept, managed to keep me engaged, and it's educational too.
Send nudes
Jan 8, 2021 5:34 AM

Jun 2019
This is how God made animals. Gods basically putting out ideas and seeing if it's gonna get rejected or accepted. lol. Some parts were funny as well.
Jan 8, 2021 7:26 AM

Mar 2017
Loving this, it's such a chill anime. Last time i felt this way with an anime involving animals was Shirokuma Cafe!
Jan 8, 2021 8:27 AM

Aug 2019
A pretty good and chilly start, it was surprisingly funny and educational. I liked the characters, each have a unique and silly personality that makes them likable and amusing. Art was okay, no complaints. Good comedy, this could be a good refresher for serious animes this season.
Jan 8, 2021 10:49 AM

Aug 2015
This will probably be the show which I just watch while relaxing and not take too seriously this season.

I like the characters and how different they are from one another so far.
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 8, 2021 3:32 PM

Nov 2017
I like the cute animals :)
Letra:

Eran las diez de la noche, piloteaba mi nave.
era mi taxi un Wolkswagen del año 68.
Era un día de esos malos donde no hubo pasaje.
las lentejuelas de un traje, me hicieron la parada...
Jan 8, 2021 7:50 PM

Dec 2016
Wow, finally some good comedy without relying on cheap slapstick humor or just random wordplay. The whole idea is quite innovative and for christ sake finally someone managed to make a fun and engaging infodump on just people talking around a table.

I digged each and every one of the characters and their quirks. I want to see more of "definitely not Chinatsu-chan" and what's her gimmick, but right now Kimura is my spirit animal just trying to sink his teeth (literally) on the next creation, along with Mizushima and his obsession on perfect predators.

The fanservice is just right, no need to add any jiggling or excessive low angle shots.
Jan 8, 2021 9:30 PM

Apr 2020
The opening song!! OOOOOOOOHHH!
That rhyming scheme is stuck in my head without the lyrics! I love it so much!

As much as I love to see how they discuss actual real animals, I want to see why they rejected animals like what we today call mythical. That would be really awesome.
--AbiSa--
Jan 8, 2021 9:32 PM

Apr 2020
Penteano said:
with Kanamori and Unabara is impossible to watch, meh

I kinda get it but, I still enjoy it.
--AbiSa--
Jan 9, 2021 1:23 AM

Jul 2009
snowykevin said:

I don’t mean to come off as rude when I ask this but is Kanamori trans?

No, he's an okama.
Jan 9, 2021 2:33 AM

Sep 2020
Hime_Takamura said:
snowykevin said:

I don’t mean to come off as rude when I ask this but is Kanamori trans?

No, he's an okama.

Actually, we don't know even if they're humans and sub sequentially we don't know if Kanamori can be an okama.
The designers are never referred to as humans and they're certainly not angels because that's what Ueda and Shimoda are, so only god knows what type of life form they truly are.
Jan 9, 2021 5:12 AM

Jun 2016
I was expecting this to be pure comedy, but turns out to be more of an educational show design towards a younger audience....

which is all good and fine... but why is there a Seinen tag in this!?!?!? I am so confused!

Overall, was an enjoyable lazy watch. will watch it while getting ready in the morning
Jan 9, 2021 5:17 AM

Jun 2016
Avvenirista said:
Hime_Takamura said:

No, he's an okama.

Actually, we don't know even if they're humans and sub sequentially we don't know if Kanamori can be an okama.
The designers are never referred to as humans and they're certainly not angels because that's what Ueda and Shimoda are, so only god knows what type of life form they truly are.

Actually, there is no need to use either <<she>> or <he> in a Japanese sentence... that particular sentence had none so there was no gender specification. This was a decision made by the translation team. ( maybe they had some insight from the creator, but cant tell)

Japanese language makes is super easy to keep a gender ambiguous
Jan 9, 2021 6:30 AM
May 2019
When you think about all the biodiversity on Earth, it's unbelievable all those different and weird animals were made by one single mind (God, in this case - not talking about religion here). A weird team with divergent points of view matches more. So this anime hits a creative spot.
Besides, they managed to make it funnier at first ep, so I guess, by the end of the season, it's going to be a "weekly-funny" anime.

About this ep, I laughed hard when it showed the birds' dungeon, and I think the engineer is a great character.
Jan 9, 2021 8:55 AM

Sep 2020
nihon_no_tsuki said:
I was expecting this to be pure comedy, but turns out to be more of an educational show design towards a younger audience....

which is all good and fine... but why is there a Seinen tag in this!?!?!? I am so confused!

Overall, was an enjoyable lazy watch. will watch it while getting ready in the morning

The manga is more comedic than the anime adaptation.
The gags are way more sharper in the comic.

The TV series airs at night so why would you think it's aimed at a younger audience?
And it's tagged seinen because it's an anime based on manga serialized in Morning Two.
nihon_no_tsuki said:
Avvenirista said:

Actually, there is no need to use either <<she>> or <he> in a Japanese sentence... that particular sentence had none so there was no gender specification. This was a decision made by the translation team. ( maybe they had some insight from the creator, but cant tell)

True, but we're talking about the English translation and the point you're making is different from mine.
Jan 9, 2021 10:02 AM

Jun 2013
we get to learn new things while watchinhg this that must be fun
Jan 9, 2021 5:03 PM
Jan 2021
It's a surprisingly educational anime.
Jan 10, 2021 2:38 PM

May 2018

Whoa, this character is hot....
Jan 11, 2021 11:35 AM

May 2019
That was very weird and most jokes weren't even funny, but i'll still give it a go. The art style really gives off a NnT/SDS vibe. Strangely, the segments with real animals were the best part.
Jan 11, 2021 5:08 PM

Apr 2012
Evolution has left the chat-room, logged out and deleted its account.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 11, 2021 5:11 PM

Jul 2009
Avvenirista said:
Hime_Takamura said:

No, he's an okama.

Whether the characters are actually human or not is irrelevant, he fits the okama character archetype.
Jan 11, 2021 5:54 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
All i could think of when that anteater started to flex:

😄 sauce: https://youtu.be/-QOoz-1aNXY
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Jan 11, 2021 6:14 PM

Mar 2013
Why is this rated so low? It's hilarious.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 12, 2021 2:26 AM

Sep 2020
Hime_Takamura said:
Avvenirista said:

Whether the characters are actually human or not is irrelevant, he fits the okama character archetype.

In some ways, yes, but overall I'd say no.
That's the impressions I got from reading the manga so I'm not sure how Kanamori will be like in the adaptation because the direction will likely be different.
Jan 12, 2021 8:32 AM

Dec 2016
Darwin rolls over in his grave seeing this anime. but in the same time Galapagos island is nice reference to him.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.168/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 13, 2021 7:35 AM

May 2019
nihon_no_tsuki said:
Avvenirista said:

In the manga there is one scene where they split bathrooms (man and woman) and Kanamori stays with Higuchi and Meido so yes, Kanamori is a woman
Jan 13, 2021 9:58 AM

Apr 2016
BruYoshikage said:
In the manga there is one scene where they split bathrooms (man and woman) and Kanamori stays with Higuchi and Meido so yes, Kanamori is a woman

Not with that chest he aint.

Hime_Takamura said:

I agree with this, i was looking for the actual term, the okama is the one i was thinking just forgot the name, thanks.
SwagernatorJan 13, 2021 10:02 AM
Jan 13, 2021 10:32 AM

May 2019
Swagernator said:
BruYoshikage said:

Not with that chest he aint.

Hime_Takamura said:

I agree with this, i was looking for the actual term, the okama is the one i was thinking just forgot the name, thanks.

Her chest doesn't matter, they call her and treat her as a woman both in the japaneseand english version, so she's a woman, a trans woman probably
Jan 13, 2021 3:59 PM

Jun 2016
BruYoshikage said:

Oh interesting! Thanks!
So they have gendered bathrooms in heaven huh XD
Jan 13, 2021 11:42 PM

Oct 2015
Fun episode, definitely isn't boring at all. How do you go from a horse to a snake though lmao
Jan 14, 2021 12:45 PM

Mar 2010
Woah, never knew a secretary bird existed.
Jan 14, 2021 1:35 PM

Feb 2019
That this episode went to the koala thing certainly didn't help, but I think it was the unicorn bit that felt minimal effort. It was almost just a list of "here's the differences between horses and other ungulates." Then, after the whole segment being on why a horn doesn't just randomly work, they slap it on a fish to make a narwhal and it randomly works. Yeah, I get that was part of the joke, but we don't even really have a great idea what the narwhal horn is even for and we're just going to gloss over one of the darlings of the (western) internet?
Jan 15, 2021 3:20 AM
Aug 2020
alshu said:
It makes no sense but it's fun.
A lot of references to Charles Darwin but I guess Kimura is the biggest joke on his expense - he tasted all the new animals he was finding.
Part of his scientific method, not gourmet addiction or something.

And now I know why I love chicken leg more than chicken breast.
Jan 15, 2021 5:18 PM

Nov 2017
Funny,amusing and strangely hypnotic in a "I can't stop watching" sorta way.
Also love that Anomalocaris that Meido carries round with her(I hope thats a subtle/not so subtle nod to Grisaia),
I want one now!

Oh,I thought i recognized her voice,its Uzaki-chan!
Cool!
Jan 16, 2021 7:51 PM

May 2015
This episode taught me that giraffes are cool, and eating animals that are plant eaters is pretty tasty.

Highly educational content, it's discovery channel for weebs!
Jan 16, 2021 9:27 PM
Feb 2020
It's a wholesome show ypu can turn off your brain to.
Jan 20, 2021 8:43 AM

Apr 2008
I like it so far, it has gotten a few laughs out of me with its surprisingly dark humor so I will probably continue to watch it. The part where Kimura was talking about eating marathon runners after the chicken explanation killed me lmao.
Jan 22, 2021 4:34 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah designing animals to set in the earth, sounds a promising premise. Creativity with no limit. The story was simply and pretty straight-forwarding. No need a hard theme, just chill out, let them design whatever they want, and match it into the nature orders in the earth. The God will be accept it, if it suit well to the nature tastes. This is a fun ride, really suit well as my weekly watch dose full of relaxation and smile. Guess, i just stick this close to this after seeing another iyashikei on these day, because of its nature fun. Lets see how far they've go with all of those creative design. I am pretty curious about the dragon, tho. I hope they can make it too there, beside having a direct let-down. Because of Pegasus can't be even make passed the proposal as its unrealism reason was too strong for those poor myth animal. Rip ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 2, 2021 12:44 AM

Aug 2018
Ok it's curious xD
We will see how the next episodes will be and by the way the opening and ending are catchy, they are good.
Feb 17, 2021 12:32 AM

Feb 2020
Great start. I found this pretty educational and funny. :) Let's see what happens next!
Feb 25, 2021 1:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was fun for a first episode, the concept is pretty interesting, creating and testing new animals, why not xD
Mar 19, 2021 12:30 PM

Nov 2008
Ergh....it would be a way better show without Kanamori who is SO stereotypically annoying that I can't stand it when he's on screen. >_> the design, the voice, the overdramatic acting...everything about the character really irks me...WHY do they make characters like this!?

Shame because I like educational shows like this.

a trans woman probably

lol as if God would approve of this...that really takes me out of it. xD
ChiibiMar 19, 2021 12:34 PM

Mar 27, 2021 10:01 PM
Mar 2021
I love this anime so much! It reminds me of shows I used to watch when I was a kid like Zooboomafu. It has so many colorful characters and as an artist that makes me squeal with happiness on the inside! So with the mix of hilarious visuals and interesting facts about animals that I keep learning from each episode, I think this is one of my new favorites!
May 29, 2021 1:06 AM

Jul 2015
Really Unique concept this anime got going, I especially like the various animal facts and the their important aspects. Took quite a weird turn when they designed a literal living sausage which in a strange way ended up being an armadillo.

May 15, 6:58 PM
Jun 2022
this will be another quick drop
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 3 Discussion

Ringare - Jan 21, 2021

35 by RGreatDanton »»
May 15, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

40 by RGreatDanton »»
May 15, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

47 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 13, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 4, 2021

20 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 13, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 25, 2021

27 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 13, 2023 1:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.