Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2020 9:30 AM
Mar 2015
A witch too far for Subaru
Sep 2, 2020 9:30 AM

Jul 2014
Farmaceut said:
At the end Roswaal is consumed by the darkness while holding the same Gospell as Beatrice ( is this one the 2nd copy-the same she has, or perhaps even the original Tome of Wisdom?).
It's the second copy. You're not supposed to know (yet) where the original is.
Sep 2, 2020 9:31 AM

Jun 2016
When the black mists were there then Satella showed up :

You're not supposed to show up this early, you crazy woman lol
Gift by Mimurona

Sep 2, 2020 9:32 AM

May 2016
At first I didn’t want to point this out but Typhon LN design has always bothered me. Her weird translucent dress doesn’t make sense. I was hoping White Fox would fix that but they didn’t completely fix it. Her dress is still made translucent in some shots.

At least her official anime character sheet (here) is better than the LN design.

Minerva is perfection in the anime. Better than what I envisioned in my head from reading.

Also Re:Zero did Asmr sound effects before that was even a thing. Glad to see it returning full force at the end lol.
TeamDalaiLanaSep 3, 2020 12:49 AM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 2, 2020 9:32 AM

Sep 2018
mozgow said:
Farmaceut said:
At the end Roswaal is consumed by the darkness while holding the same Gospell as Beatrice ( is this one the 2nd copy-the same she has, or perhaps even the original Tome of Wisdom?).
It's the second copy. You're not supposed to know (yet) where the original is.

Thought so. He knew that Beatrice has a copy,makes sense that he has the other one....
well that's just my opinion.....
Sep 2, 2020 9:33 AM
May 2020
"If you wish to walk through hell,
I will gladly accompany you
If you wish to live in hell,
then hell is what I shall strive for.
Try not make any mistakes next time, Natsuki Subaru."
-Mathers Roswall L.
So, Roswall knew Subaru's ability all along.
DANG! This show keeps getting better each week
Sep 2, 2020 9:33 AM
Feb 2019
Shirase-san said:
Typhoon, Minerva and Daphne, finally appeared, so it was Daphne who created the White Whale and the Rabbit.

And Satella also appeared! when she said "i love you" "i love you" "i love you" that gaves me goosebumps!

I hope you were wearing headphones, cuz that whisper scared the shit out of me
Sep 2, 2020 9:35 AM
Apr 2018
Aishiteru (I Love You) sounded like EMILIA said it.
Don't really know if it was EMILIA, but i thought it was the answer to why the Witch of Envy is obsessed with SUBARU.

Excited for the next episode.
Sep 2, 2020 9:39 AM

Nov 2014
So many good waifus. Too many. Can't pick one.

Ekhm.

That was unexpected development at the end. It's different than other timelines so I hope we get explaination why that happened. Just because Subaru was asleep and couldn't get Emilia up?
That weekly wait is killing me.
Sep 2, 2020 9:40 AM
Oct 2019
This episode was so jam-packed with important information. Finally, we got SOME answers!
Even though we already know this or has guessed this- Satella (The Witch of Envy/Jealousy) blessed Subura with his return to death ability. What does she see in Subura?
We learned that Subura's return by death abilities is potentially unlimited- this is very useful as he can use this to his advantage.

Echidna also says that Subura's return by death abilities is to rewrite Subura's destiny and nobody else so he can't save someone they weren't meant to be saved/apart of his destiny. Which suck for Rem.

It is also revealed that Daphne (Witch of Gluttony) created the rabbits that killed Subura and they are a set of beast created by her called the Three Great Mabeast.
The Great Rabbit eats any living thing meaning that Sanctuary was empty because the rabbits had killed every single person there.

In a surprising twist we FINALLY meet Satella- the witch that killed all the other witch! She look amazing and terrifying. Her black wedding dress fit her so well! Can't wait for next weeks episode!
Sep 2, 2020 9:42 AM

Oct 2016
swirlydragon said:
I hope Echidna dies a brutal death. And Subaru being retarded as usual not realizing she insulted Emilia, Satella (who he should be grateful for because RbD is an OP power) and Petra in front of him. At least Minerva is nice. Typhon really taught him some manners and Daphne was cool. Satella was really cool this episode! And damn! Roswaal knows about his RbD

Satella is so cool <3
dude why hate Echidna? and what do you mean insulted Emilia? Can you explain?
Sep 2, 2020 9:43 AM

May 2018
More questions. Roswaal definitely knew something. Is that Satella is possessing Emilia?
Sep 2, 2020 9:48 AM

May 2016
Could you imagine had they kept these designs?? 🤡🤡🤡🙃

I want whatever the LN artist was smoking and thinking that was ok.

TeamDalaiLanaSep 2, 2020 10:09 AM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 2, 2020 9:50 AM
Aug 2020
Holy shit. I really hope the witch isnt going to kill rem and then save progress else im gonna be mad af.
Sep 2, 2020 9:55 AM
Feb 2020
Garfiel: Ill be a good guy, ill be an antagonist fuck you i do what i want.
So... Satella s very pissed that she cant strangle Echidna right now meanwhile we also have Satella s witch tea Rave party introducing several witches at the same time, also Roswaal knows about return by death. All in all JUST ANOTHER DAY FOR THE SURVEY CORP... wait no i meant for Subaru.
Sep 2, 2020 9:57 AM
Sep 2016
Perhaps many people forgot about the last of the Three Great Mabeasts, the Black Serpent. Black Serpent has been briefly described and even part of its abilities has appeared in the Movie Frozen Bonds.
Sep 2, 2020 10:02 AM

Nov 2013
Man, I kinda lost with the plot of this season. There is a lot of things I need to ask.
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Sep 2, 2020 10:04 AM

Apr 2015
this 4th "run" if you could even call it that is just... wrong. I don't even know what's happening anymore. why so many changes this time around? what... what caused this huge divergence from the original timeline?
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Sep 2, 2020 10:07 AM

Jun 2020
Subaru should just quit simping for Emilia at this point, if it were me, I'd spend my remaining days with Echidna and sip her tea all day long ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 2, 2020 10:09 AM

Jul 2014
KyouKaiTen said:
Man, I kinda lost with the plot of this season. There is a lot of things I need to ask.

You and me both.

I spent hours watching and reading recaps/explanations and just when I thought I had at least a slight idea of what was happening, this episode comes along lol.

Fuck me and my smol brain.
Sep 2, 2020 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
What. The. Fuck.
Is it me, or is season 2 leaning slightly in the direction of horror?

Because if the goal of this episode and the last one was to freak us out, I think it succeeded: because the Witch of Envy just appearing all of a sudden, all this shadow, the fact that it's implied that Roswaal is a member of the cult and knows about Subaru's power is...holy shit.

I thought all the Witches were evil, but it seems they're more complex than that, which is interesting. Minerva seems like she means well, even if she's kinda crazy. I think I'm almost 100% convinced that Echidna's one of the good guys. I wonder if at some point, Subaru will just free all the Witches to fight against a big evil.

kidlat020 said:
this 4th "run" if you could even call it that is just... wrong. I don't even know what's happening anymore. why so many changes this time around? what... what caused this huge divergence from the original timeline?

Well, since this 4th loop involves the Witch of Envy, I think it makes sense: because she's one of the only ones who is aware of the time loops, and is even the creator of it. I'm guessing Subaru did something to trigger her appearing.

KKTheGamer said:
Shirase-san said:
Typhoon, Minerva and Daphne, finally appeared, so it was Daphne who created the White Whale and the Rabbit.

And Satella also appeared! when she said "i love you" "i love you" "i love you" that gaves me goosebumps!

I hope you were wearing headphones, cuz that whisper scared the shit out of me

Yeah, the whispering, while they didn't exactly scare me, freaked me out, mainly because Satella just came out of nowhere.

QcDiablo said:
fullofregrets09 said:
Well, did not expect Daphne to have an iron maiden. That's a lot of restraints for a soul without a body. I guess eye contact would be impossible with those
blindfolds on. Does she have some sort of Medusa power?

In the WN (LN draft), Daphne removes the blindfold off her left eye and looked at Subaru directly in the eyes. It caused him to be so hungry that he ate his own arm in a matter of seconds without realizing it. The WN also said that Daphne's left eye is much weaker than her right one.

However, this power of hers might not be canon (it could be altered despite Echidna telling Subaru not to make eye contact) anymore as the scene was removed in the LN.

What the fuck! I kinda wish that scene was in the anime. Would've been so awesome!
removed-userSep 2, 2020 10:23 AM
Sep 2, 2020 10:21 AM
Oct 2018
after ep4 of re zero s2, re zero might be anime of the year.
after ep8, re zero is anime of the year!
after ep9, this is masterpiece!
[/url]
Sep 2, 2020 10:21 AM

May 2020
Subaru my boy, you're fucked, nothing less, go ahead and try to stop her, I think this will be useless.
Sep 2, 2020 10:24 AM

Sep 2016
i really wish i watched this on my tv, but i was too lazy to find my playstation charger..

regardless, it was yet again a pretty good episode. i'm so fucking glad they didn't keep the translucent dress for typhon or whatever, i would've really lost my shit had i saw loli panties fluttering in my face.

next episode i will for sure watch this on the big screen, because i know for a fact shit is about to go down.
Sep 2, 2020 10:28 AM
Apr 2019
Tenshi163 said:
swirlydragon said:
I hope Echidna dies a brutal death. And Subaru being retarded as usual not realizing she insulted Emilia, Satella (who he should be grateful for because RbD is an OP power) and Petra in front of him. At least Minerva is nice. Typhon really taught him some manners and Daphne was cool. Satella was really cool this episode! And damn! Roswaal knows about his RbD

Satella is so cool <3
dude why hate Echidna? and what do you mean insulted Emilia? Can you explain?

I wanna know too but if it's spoiler then rather not
Sep 2, 2020 10:32 AM

Jun 2016
god damn this season 2 of re zero is fucking awesome !!!!

i got hooked so hard
Sep 2, 2020 10:32 AM

Feb 2014
That Satella scene, that scared me. And even knowing what will happen, this anime really gives me goosebumps. Plus the music is really good. I'm just one step away to rate this a 10.

ThirteenEleven said:
So many good waifus. Too many. Can't pick one.
I'll take Minerva.
RaonSep 2, 2020 10:39 AM
Sep 2, 2020 10:39 AM
Sep 2016
TeamDalaiLana said:
Could you imagine had they kept these designs?? 🤡🤡🤡🙃

I want whatever the LN artist was smoking and thinking that was ok.

LOL, you remind me of that illustration!
Actually, that illustration is not used in the LN either, they only put it at the end of the LN to show the reader about the initial/prototype design (most likely from the same artist).
Aab39Sep 2, 2020 10:57 AM
Sep 2, 2020 10:42 AM
Apr 2019
_neito said:
Yo that ASMR "i love you" almost drove me insane haha.

looping it for half an hour...xD
Sep 2, 2020 10:42 AM

Feb 2016
Echidna with his skill to making things interesting! And the encounter to the Witches, it's very pleasant. Minerva in particular. Roswaal corroborating my theory with his knowledge about return to death. Fantastic.
Sep 2, 2020 10:45 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm if anything the witches are not beings that are easily understood by humans. The little spin as Subaru asks the dreaded question about his ability sure was a nice touch. The great rabbit is essentially a plague of flesh eating rabbits huh scary. To think that Typhon will be a kid though. Innocent but scary describes her perfectly. Minerva though sure had quite the interesting personality. Strong but always angry huh. Daphne though sure had the most unique design. Despite her warped logic the intel that she provided sure was on point. Still coming back to find a world covered in shadow must have been a chilling sight for Subaru. To think that the witch of envy will appear now of all times. Overall a strong ep that did an excellent job of introducing the rest of the witches both in terms of personality as well as in the unique powers that they wield that define them. After being killed by Garf lives ago its strange to be saved by him this time. Looking forward to see how Subaru will be able to overcome this new threat.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2020 10:54 AM

May 2012
Yo this episode was crazy!

So we finally know or at least see four out of the seven witches. Typhoon, Minerva and Daphne. Not gonna lie, I think I like Minerva. She cute, but Typhoon is so cute. Like a lalafell lol. As we all expected the witch of envy, Satella, is the one who "blessed" Subaru with the RbD. I wonder why though? What makes him special or did he get picked because of his love for Emilia? Seems like the more we know the less we do.

As for the witches they seem odd. Like they all have good intentions, but their twisted in a negatived way. Daphne wanted to feed the world, but made three beast almost impossible to kill. I would say take the good with the bad, but it's all bad. I don't know, these witches are a mystery to say the least.

Also learning that Subaru dies until he gets right only applies to him was something I was not expecting. No ones death matter in the grand scheme of it all. Subaru really went through all that to save everyone he could and in the end it helped him none. The worst part of it all is that there might not be a limit to how much he can return.

Speaking of Satella is that really her at the end? The disturbing "I love you" sent chills. It can't be her right? Man I can't wait for the next episode!

5/5
Sep 2, 2020 10:56 AM
Sep 2019
I seriously don't get why some people hate this anime.
some people giving 1/5 rating to this amazing episode..like seriously?
Sep 2, 2020 10:56 AM

May 2019
So from the after-credits scene, we can say that Roswaal knows about Subaru's power, right? I wonder what is his relation to all this. He makes me more and more curious with his each appearance.

Also why tf did Satella decide to appear now?
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Sep 2, 2020 11:04 AM

Jul 2019
This dialogue is tense and and every word has a lot of weight. It has been a while since a show had me this invested. And despite all the clarifications there are still so amny more questions that need to be answered.

But one thing is sure, if there ever was a tea party I wanted to be part of it is this eternal one. The witches are such great characters and Echadna is simply amazing. Chapeau to the voice actors! It also seems like Subaru is slowly growing more mature and much more bearable in comparison to the beginning of season 1.

I doubt that this was really Satella at the end. THe impact was not that great and it was way too short. From the appearance it could very well be the black snake.

Jul 2017
Echidna's tea party of Greed continues, and her wit of sensing the Witch's Scent upon Subaru lingers like an oppressing curse.

So Subaru's Return by Death is part of the Witch's delusions, that's as scary to think about all this while that he has escaped TRUE DEATH time and time again, but with more unknown sacrifices that he himself DOES NOT KNOW. But nonetheless, our boy knows this ALL TOO WELL and decides to fight fate, but it ain't HELL an easy battle.

Understanding the Great Rabbids' massacre of Subaru last episode (that's part of Witch Daphne's 3 Great Mabeasts, one of them being the Great Whale) truly spoke volumes about how we haven't seen most of the Witches, but their overpowering presences looms throughout like killing sprees.

Seeing the other Witches appear before Subaru, they may not seem all that harmless, but it's their personality that really shows their character, that's the best way I can sum them all. Acquiring knowledge of Witch Daphne's 3 Great Mabeasts though, this was one HEAVY confrontation between our boy and her to eliminate the rest (since he's done with the White Whale).

The HIGHLIGHT of the episode: The Witch of Envy, Satella's appearance to cast the "I love you" shade to threaten and disfigure Subaru's mentality, even if it was for that harrowing 10 seconds, disturbing as heck. Absolutely didn't expect Garfiel to save him, but the twists and turns are getting anomalies of prediction!

Don't forget the post-credits: "Try not to make ANY mistakes next time, Natsuki Subaru."
Roswaal's in danger, or is he TRULY? He knows about Subaru's Return by Death!

Bring in more sufferings and despair!
KANLen09Sep 2, 2020 11:36 AM
Apr 2020
Man with every episode re zero gets more and more interesting. This episode really gave me chili's. The episode was also bit suspense and thriller and we finally got to meet other three witches. I hope likewise we get get to other witches as well. Man I am really hyped about next weeks episode. Guess i will start reading light Novel
Sep 2, 2020 11:05 AM

Nov 2014
i wonder why satella can appear in the real world while all the other witches cannot
and if the other witches can appear in the "dream world" doesn't that mean Satella can also appear? If she can, would that be the real her, or a separate consciousness from the satella currently roaming the real world?

Shirase-san said:

i hope someone cuts that scene and converts it into ringtone
nanimeanswhat said:
Also why tf did Satella decide to appear now?

guess someone's jealous that subaru's meeting all these witches buddies when she's already claimed him as hers

Antearion said:
The worst part of it all is that there might not be a limit to how much he can return.

Speaking of Satella is that really her at the end? The disturbing "I love you" sent chills. It can't be her right? Man I can't wait for the next episode!

how is that the worst part? RbD is the most OP power Subaru can get and he NEEDED it in order to save everyone and get through this whole puzzle

And what's more interesting is that Satella is voiced by Emilia's voice actor. That's saying something i think...
ttcchenSep 2, 2020 12:04 PM
Sep 2, 2020 11:05 AM

May 2012
WAIT I DIDNT KNOW THERE A SCENE AFTER THE CREDITS!

DOES ROSWAAL KNOW ABOUT SUBARU POWER AS WELL!?!?

YO THIS SHOW CRAZY!

Man i hate that i got to wait till next week man! I need to start reading the LN or WN asap.
Sep 2, 2020 11:08 AM
Sep 2019
Cleostar said:
Minerva the true best girl finally making an appearance.

Everyone praising and simping for echidna and that's understandable but minerva's personality attracted me the most.
Sep 2, 2020 11:16 AM

Aug 2014
Does someone know where we are at in the WN at this point of the anime ?
Last time i tried to find but got lost in the different loophole and couldnt figure if i was at the right place...
Sep 2, 2020 11:16 AM

Oct 2018
___Greed said:
I seriously don't get why some people hate this anime.
some people giving 1/5 rating to this amazing episode..like seriously?

expected tbh.
this season is a big shot.
Everybody expect this to win the AOTS or even AOTY.
well some clowns just trying to drag it down for their favorite anime.
Sep 2, 2020 11:17 AM

Dec 2019
White Fox never disappoints, sound effects are always on another level
Sep 2, 2020 11:18 AM

Apr 2013
Who's VA for Typhoon, Minerva and Daphne?
And Satella (sounds like Emilia's Rieri, as like 1st season also)...
Sep 2, 2020 11:18 AM

Oct 2018
___Greed said:
Cleostar said:
Minerva the true best girl finally making an appearance.

Everyone praising and simping for echidna and that's understandable but minerva's personality attracted me the most.

People just loves mysterious girl, Anti-Hero kind of people more than the good ones.
Sep 2, 2020 11:23 AM

Jan 2019
Holy shit Satella needs to fuckin start an ASMR channel. I would instantly sub. Shit gave me goosebumps.
Sep 2, 2020 11:26 AM
Feb 2020
mr_aditya004 said:
Man with every episode re zero gets more and more interesting. This episode really gave me chili's. The episode was also bit suspense and thriller and we finally got to meet other three witches. I hope likewise we get get to other witches as well. Man I am really hyped about next weeks episode. Guess i will start reading light Novel

the ending of today s episode just started volume 12, perfect timing to jump onto the LN.
Sep 2, 2020 11:27 AM

Nov 2013
MrBluebear said:
Who's VA for Typhoon, Minerva and Daphne?
And Satella (sounds like Emilia's Rieri, as like 1st season also)...

Typhon - Misaki Kuno
Minerva - Mikako Komatsu
Daphne - Nao Touyama

Satella is voiced by Emilia's VA, Rie Takahashi
Sep 2, 2020 11:37 AM
Sep 2019
Cleostar said:
___Greed said:

People just loves mysterious girl, Anti-Hero kind of people more than the good ones.

i also like anti-hero type characters but idk since i saw her in the key-visual or whatever it was i was waiting for her appearance and ngl i am into her
Sep 2, 2020 11:40 AM

Jul 2014
shakespear123 said:
Does someone know where we are at in the WN at this point of the anime ?
I don't know about the WN, but with LN this episode completed volume 11th and adapted first few pages of volume 12th.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

506 by HiroTail1 »»
May 19, 7:10 PM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by titty »»
Apr 11, 8:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.