Forum Settings
Forums

Is there any anime you hold in such a high regard, that you just wanna shove it down everyone else's throats, without even taking into consideration their feelings?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 26, 2020 11:14 AM

Jun 2017
I have other things that I want to shove down other people's throats, without even taking into consideration their feelings (and that was a mouthful), but not anime.

Jul 26, 2020 11:25 AM
Nov 2019
Adnash93 said:
inim said:
Please don't confuse being an asshole (as in shoving down one's throat) with having a different taste than yours. There is no need for stereotype bashing. Thank you.

I tried for a very long time, trust me, but each time I hear that somebody is an elitist or each time I see somebody bragging about having a refined taste in anime, I experience that kind of behaviour. Like @PraiseTheSun123 said, that's how elitism look like. Sure, it is different from what essentially it could have been defined as, but people made it look like a joke, more like a trait of edgy radicals who usually are ignorants and - as you mentioned - assholes as well. Therefore it's not my fault that most if not all "elitists" I saw were like that, regardless if it was in conversations I held myself or in those I did not participate in, but only read on forum.

@Daeb, challenge accepted. Gimme 'em! I'm planning to watch it in the nearest future anyway, but I would appreciate some encouragement different than mentioning that it has high mean score. :P

Ho ho, sure then

First of all, sorry if there are some grammar mistakes, I'm not a full-english speaker, but I'll try to do my best. Now with the explanations:

1.- Characters: In Steins;Gate there is a variety of characters, and I find them pretty original, because even though you find some "cliches" (such as tsundere) they give you this fresh air because of their background and design.
This is one of S;G best characteristics, the character design
2.- Time travel: I've always loved the Time travel-stuff, (I won't say any spoiler about it, so i'ts kinda difficult to explain) but basically, the desing of time travel behind s;g it's well designed, with no "blank spaces" (inconsistencies).
3.- It's one of those animes that you can watch 2 or more times and you will always find something new, or an explication to something you didin't notice.
4.- Universe: The s;g universe expands to other animes, such as Robotic;notes, Chaos;child, Chaos;head and Occultic;nine. Even though they are not as amazing as s;g, they are a good complement (Robotic;notes is my favorite of the secondary animes, because... well, it's a spoiler so I'll leave it up to you xD)
5.- The voice acting (specially of Okabe, the main character, is rather epic. He knows how to make you laugh, cry and despair, specially because (as time travelers always say) it's difficult to go back to the same time-line you were before (*butterfly effect intensifies*)
6.- The evolution of characters is one of the best points, as I said before the design is awesome,but when you see them change among the story is when it gets better. The most noticeable one is the change between S;G and S;G Zero (btw, some people didn't like S;G zero that much, but I think that it is as good as the first "season".
7.- The realism of the series is also a pretty interesting point, to the point that there is a 99% of realism in the series (proved), and the 1% left would be what gives the tag of "science fiction", and that would be the time machine itself, meaning that if you want to do a time travel yourself, you could take this anime as a reference.
8.- References: There are many references to real theories, events and organizations. As theories don't have "copyright" they just call them by their names, but if you attentive you could recongize them. (I recommend that you search the names that they give you so you could get more "hooked" with the info given. I myself am a pretty physics freak, so I was impressed when they made references)
9.- S;g was originally a VN, so there is a lot of different "games" (if you could call them like that) that differ from the anime, giving different routes for each one to choose. (this is actually an "extra" to my 10 arguments, but it's something to considerate)
10.- The one bad point of s;g (first season) is that it starts "slow", so people who cry because there is no hardcore ecchi always complain (sarcasm). If you don't mind that they take their time to explain the settings, then there is nothing to worry, but if you happen to dislike it, then I suggest you to have faith, because once it "starts" the story goes from "zero to hundred" (well, I would say from hundred to a thousand).
11.- Watch it, the opening, endings and inserted songs are epic

Pretty much all the reviews will talk about how good the character design is, but some contain spoilers, so be careful
Jul 26, 2020 12:06 PM
May 2019
lostbcyz said:
i wouldn't say i'd 'shove it down their throats' but if anybody ever asked me for anime recommendations and what not, i'm definitely suggestions trigun and fruits basket every time
Yes Same Fruit Basket is definitely a masterpiece for me
Jul 26, 2020 2:19 PM

Sep 2017
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken
Always recommend it to any poor person asking for one, not knowing what they'll even get themselves into
ุฎ
Jul 26, 2020 2:46 PM

Oct 2010
everyone should watch Keijo!!!!!!!! no exception
And also, old but gold, Nora should be watched by all humans, this could end wars, just look at that smile
Jul 26, 2020 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
Joker Game. I'm so obsessed with it that it's becoming unhealthy
Jul 26, 2020 2:56 PM

Mar 2010
I'm not doing that because I know it would rather make people not want to watch it at all but I have been recommending the newer generation fans Yu Yu Hakusho since I know a lot of them won't pick it up by themselves because of the graphics (tho imo the graphics are great as they are)
Jul 26, 2020 2:59 PM

Oct 2019
Quite a lot of my top anime most people I know have already seen so for me the one that I accidentally shove down people throats cus I can't stop talking about it (for their own good) is jojo's. Very amazing series and has something for everyone with all the parts being so different but also that same awesome jojo's bizarre vibe.
Jul 26, 2020 3:00 PM

Jun 2015
inim said:
wape said:
Oban Star-Racers.
Nobody apart from myself seems to have even heard of it.
It's on the The Anime Uber-Elitist Club's plebs list, which I consider the finest anime recommendation list ever compiled. So at least a few elitists hear you. I've completed over 90% of it, and to my disgrace: Oban is in the pending 10% ...
i'd consider half this list fairly average

was excited to see some neat things, sad that

Jul 26, 2020 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
Inferno Cop, it's the best anime made to date
Jul 26, 2020 3:35 PM
Feb 2018
No, because that's what we civilized folk call a "dick move".
Jul 26, 2020 3:46 PM

Dec 2019
No, because they wont enjoy it as much as if they watch it because they want it
Jul 26, 2020 3:53 PM

Oct 2012
The only thing I like to forcibly shove down other people's throats are full sticks of butter. Butter for my hungry hungry bois
Jul 26, 2020 4:27 PM

Feb 2015
Eromanga-sensei or OreImo should be a good start to develop refined taste.
Jul 26, 2020 4:47 PM

Sep 2016
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom

I get that it has some plot holes, but it's still fantastic with one of the best soundtracks in anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2020 4:53 PM

Mar 2018
Oh goodness no!! I genuinely don't like suggesting shows to folks without knowing what they like/dislike, bc I deal with that SO often. I know how annoying it is to constantly have people be like "come on, you HAVE to watch X or Y, it's SO something you'd love!" every other day, even when I have already seen the shows and dislike them. So I try not to do the same thing.

That being said....................................................I do like trying to show people Black Jack (1993) or Astra Lost in Space....only if they directly ask for things to watch and provide similar shows that they like already........
Jul 26, 2020 5:04 PM

Feb 2017
Probably don't have one for anime, but I have one manga that I think every single person existing in this planet has to read it at least once. It's Osamu Tezuka's Hi no Tori: Houou. I don't care if you refuse to read the rest of the manga, but Houou/Karma is a must read. Though, in actuality I've only recommended it to a handful of people. I just think of the work that highly and no more than that.
Jul 26, 2020 5:34 PM

Nov 2018
sarazanmai def i can’t not shove it down my friends throats it’s just THAT amazing
another one thats a manga is from now on we begin ethics class
Jul 26, 2020 5:41 PM

Mar 2013
None. Because in the last few years I've learned that while many of my friends enjoy anime as much as I do, we all have extremely different tastes and what one might find enjoyable could be trash to the other. I personally tend to gravitate towards the moe and slice-of-life genre because I grew tired of the super long action-packed series where things take a while to get going.

So, for example, while I find things like Euphonium and Non Non Biyori to be masterpieces; my friends will find them to be slow and boring. And you know what? That's OK. I learned that the most important thing when I find an anime (or game, song, whatever) that I like, is to enjoy it myself. If someone else in my circle wants to join, I'll welcome them but I won't get annoying about it.
Jul 26, 2020 6:07 PM
Jul 2020
Naruto Shippuden,people complain a lot about their final stretch,but the fact is that I always recommend the anime Naruto to those who are starting in the world of anime.

Jul 26, 2020 6:12 PM

Jul 2019
inim said:
Adnash93 said:

I tried for a very long time, trust me, but each time I hear that somebody is an elitist or each time I see somebody bragging about having a refined taste in anime, I experience that kind of behavior.
There's the problematic word: "refined". I'm a grown man with college degree. Of course I watch "refined" anime, what else? Am I expected to watch teens with harems fighting each other in a high-school setting, in Photoshop effects gloss animation quality? Hardly, not my target group. I really love those smarter and older shows, from the bottom of my heart. And it's age-adequate :)

My problem here is that the perpetual normie-vs-elitist casual bashing is a fight between two factions of teenagers who is cooler. And both factions do what teenagers do, they generalize (aka herd mentality) and fight. My problem is that I'm an "elitist" not because I wannabe mature and intellectual, I'm really this old and brainy.

Phew, that needed to get out.

Isn't that a generalization though?
Jul 26, 2020 6:22 PM

Apr 2019
BiDiGiN said:
inim said:
There's the problematic word: "refined". I'm a grown man with college degree. Of course I watch "refined" anime, what else?
Isn't that a generalization though?
I feel it's a drill down into my individual parameters such as age, gender identity, nationality, education, history with media, social status and many more. There are no two people with the same taste, because nobody has a clone. Whenever somebody bashes an anonymous, hardly defined group such as "elitist", I cringe. Whatever that person does, it has a lot more to do with himself than with that non-existing group. There are 1001 ways to end up with a similar taste. Those braggart wannabe intellectuals which usually are presented as why "elitism sucks" may exist. I personally never met one, but why not. Generalizing that to a lot of people who like particular shows or types of shows is serious bullshit and ridiculous, though.

Jul 26, 2020 6:25 PM

Jun 2020
Kiss x Sis is the best ecchi anime ever and you cant change my mind WRRYYYYY!!!!

Talking seriously now, i really do love how it basically throws the politically correct stuff outta the window. The anime makes it clear what it's about right from the start: A horny protagonist trying to resist the advances of his ("non-blood related") sisters but failing miserably. Meanwhile his lewd teacher and loli kouhai also want his D, and his bigtits classmate literally gets wet everytime she sees him. But the best part is the interactions and dialogue between the characters, they are hilarious. Still i try to resist the urge to shove that kinda stuff into other people's throats (all that dialogue about throat in this thread feels weird lol).
Jul 26, 2020 6:52 PM
Feb 2020
Death note if they're new to anime. If nkt, then either code geass or if they're into slice of life then steins gate
Jul 26, 2020 7:03 PM

May 2014
No, because that's an extremely obnoxious thing to do.
Jul 26, 2020 7:18 PM

Jun 2015
I think it would be disrespectful to your love of these shows if you were to do that.

If something is so amazing, you wanna try to sell it in a way that's enticing and easy to understand, and most importantly; don't be obnoxious about it. You could very easily have the opposite effect and deter people from watching that show.

Also, if you're the type of person who just says "watch (insert show)" with no other substance, please stop. Give me a reason to care or shut up.

๐Ÿ’– ๐ผ'๐“‚ ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“Ž๐’น๐‘’๐“ƒโฃ ๐Ÿ’–

โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจเญงหš ๐Ÿ’ ๐’ฏ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡ ๐Ÿ’ ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Š๐’ฏ๐“Š๐’ท๐‘’ ๐Ÿ’ หšเญจเญงโ‹†๏ฝกหš โ‹†
๐Ÿ’ ๐‘€๐“Ž๐น๐’พ๐‘”๐“Š๐“‡๐‘’๐’ž๐‘œ๐“๐“๐‘’๐’ธ๐“‰๐’พ๐‘œ๐“ƒ ๐Ÿ’
Jul 27, 2020 3:59 AM

Jul 2019
inim said:
]I feel it's a drill down into my individual parameters such as age, gender identity, nationality, education, history with media, social status and many more. There are no two people with the same taste, because nobody has a clone. Whenever somebody bashes an anonymous, hardly defined group such as "elitist", I cringe. Whatever that person does, it has a lot more to do with himself than with that non-existing group. There are 1001 ways to end up with a similar taste. Those braggart wannabe intellectuals which usually are presented as why "elitism sucks" may exist. I personally never met one, but why not. Generalizing that to a lot of people who like particular shows or types of shows is serious bullshit and ridiculous, though.

Yes I definitively would agree it is cringing when somebody vents about his own projection of an anonymous group (Now that I think about it, I have probably already done it), but I was talking more about this:

My problem here is that the perpetual normie-vs-elitist casual bashing is a fight between two factions of teenagers who is cooler. And both factions do what teenagers do, they generalize (aka herd mentality) and fight. My problem is that I'm an "elitist" not because I wannabe mature and intellectual, I'm really this old and brainy.
Jul 27, 2020 3:59 AM

Jul 2019
inim said:
]I feel it's a drill down into my individual parameters such as age, gender identity, nationality, education, history with media, social status and many more. There are no two people with the same taste, because nobody has a clone. Whenever somebody bashes an anonymous, hardly defined group such as "elitist", I cringe. Whatever that person does, it has a lot more to do with himself than with that non-existing group. There are 1001 ways to end up with a similar taste. Those braggart wannabe intellectuals which usually are presented as why "elitism sucks" may exist. I personally never met one, but why not. Generalizing that to a lot of people who like particular shows or types of shows is serious bullshit and ridiculous, though.

Yes I definitively would agree it is cringing when somebody vents about his own projection of an anonymous group (Now that I think about it, I have probably already done it), but I was talking more about this:

Jul 27, 2020 4:02 AM

Oct 2018
I always try shoehorning Tekkonkinkreet and Houseki no Kuni in all of my recommendations lol. But I would like to think it isn't to the extent of disregarding someone with a taste drastically different from the movie and show tho.
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Jul 27, 2020 5:06 AM
Mar 2020
JR9253 said:
Could not tell you the amount of One Piece haters I've seen go from not wanting to give it the time of day to falling completely in love with the series. I completely and utterly understand there are some surface level things that may make it off-putting to some people but it's honestly such an incredible story and a fun ride. The attention to detail in the world that Oda has created is off the charts too. One Piece just hits different after a while, there is truly nothing like it.

SNK is also an obvious one, one of the best pieces of fiction ever written.

NG_Chloe said:
Gintama, I will never shut up about Gintama, but also at the same time, I do, because I don't want to give away too many spoilers

Oof, a +1 from me. Gintama is amazing.

can you( or anyone) tell me when exactly does gintama starts getting better, I am currently at around ep 54.. And I find it to be good, but I think it has a lot of scope for improvement and character development.... Please help me on this one...!!!
Jul 27, 2020 6:35 AM

May 2018
inim said:
The Anime Uber-Elitist Club[/url]'s plebs list, which I consider the finest anime recommendation list ever compiled.

This list has stuff like Seikai No Monshou. Aria, Hajime No Ippo, Digimon Tamers ect which disqualifies it as elitist and makes it fake elitist list.

And yes Oban Star-Racers is sort of curiously being a co-production with France also in vain of other western cartoons inspired by anime like Avatar The Last Airbender and Wakfu...but barely a masterpiece.

I am kind of shocked that OP knows and even "likes" Z.O.E. Can't believe that, he is trolling.
I actually like Z.O.E. thus will take this topic as offence.
alshuJul 27, 2020 6:52 AM
Jul 27, 2020 6:41 AM
Dec 2019
i don't know why i've been talking about it so much but it's Haikyuu
(just thought of it, it's heavily because i just finished the manga)

nowadays every time i join an anime disscu, i try to divert the topic to JoJo's, just because it's great.
RAMYOZIJan 24, 2021 3:33 AM
Jul 27, 2020 6:44 AM

Nov 2019
Classroom of the Elite, It needs more love!
๐˜›๐˜ฐ ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ, ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ.
Jul 27, 2020 6:54 AM

Feb 2016
alshu said:
This list has stuff like Seikai No Monshou. Aria, Hajime No Ippo, Digimon Tamers ect which disqualifies it as elitist and makes it fake elitist list.

What does this even mean?
My question is under 30 characters.
ใใฎ็›ฎใ ใ‚Œใฎ็›ฎ๏ผŸ
Jul 27, 2020 6:54 AM
Oct 2018
No, and I hate it when people do that unironically. If you asked 'is there an anime you hate..' then the closest thing would be SAO, but even then..
--
Jul 27, 2020 6:56 AM
Sep 2011
Seto no Hanayome and Kemeko Deluxe come to mind, both are incredibly underrated comedies IMO.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/2104/Seto_no_Hanayome
https://myanimelist.net/anime/3464/Kemeko_Deluxe
The signature you entered contains possibly offensive language. Please change it.
Jul 27, 2020 6:57 AM
Jul 2018
Yes all the good futanari anime like Discode, Bible Black, Immorality and Viper GTS and my fave non hentai anime like FMAB and LWA.

YOUR FEELINGS WILL CHANGE ONCE YOU SEE! GO AND WATCH IT NOW!
Jul 27, 2020 6:59 AM

May 2018
Lucifrost said:

What does this even mean?

If not obvious, it's a joke about identifying elitists just looking at their favourites...
Jul 27, 2020 7:11 AM
Mar 2020
JR9253 said:
Zuleenyama_2061 said:
can you( or anyone) tell me when exactly does gintama starts getting better, I am currently at around ep 54.. And I find it to be good, but I think it has a lot of scope for improvement and character development.... Please help me on this one...!!!

There are numerous serious arcs throughout that are stellar but absolute peak gintama is ep 300+.

At ep 300 a super serious/climax arc starts that ties so much of the story in together, including massive character development and a lot of the history/backstory is revealed. This is where the whole show really hits a new level and most of the episodes past this point are pretty serious and very main story driven. Might seem a while off but it's sooooo worth it. The arcs from 300 onward are legit some of the best in anime.

Outside of that though there are many very worthwhile arcs before everything hits the fan for the big stuff. Ep 58 starts the first 'serious' arc of the series.
thank you soooo very much.... Can't thank you enough for sharing your opinion......
Jul 27, 2020 7:18 AM

Mar 2016
Koe no Katachi
I want to eat your pancreas
Bunny girl senpai

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police ๐Ÿ˜ซ
Jul 27, 2020 8:05 AM

Jan 2020
Monogatari. Not really the show itself, but the watch order. Kizu after Bake is already pretty much universally agreed on, but people still suggest Hana and Koyomi in their original release orders which completely ruins character arcs and plot lines.
EightSevenJul 27, 2020 8:45 AM
Jul 27, 2020 10:39 AM
May 2016
Zuleenyama_2061 said:
JR9253 said:
Could not tell you the amount of One Piece haters I've seen go from not wanting to give it the time of day to falling completely in love with the series. I completely and utterly understand there are some surface level things that may make it off-putting to some people but it's honestly such an incredible story and a fun ride. The attention to detail in the world that Oda has created is off the charts too. One Piece just hits different after a while, there is truly nothing like it.

SNK is also an obvious one, one of the best pieces of fiction ever written.

Oof, a +1 from me. Gintama is amazing.

The best is definitely at 300+, but don't be discouraged by the length, as you keep going, the series will keep gradually getting better and better. As someone else mentioned, you're coming up on one of the first serious arcs, and it only keeps getting better from there
Jul 27, 2020 5:18 PM
ร‰milia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
So an anime I consider as worthy as my cum?
Sansha Sanyou is fine, I guess.

Jul 27, 2020 6:58 PM

Jul 2020
prolly hxh, it's not my first anime or anything but it just feels amazing. It was one of the only animes to actually make me cry (chimera ant arc) it has a large fanbase but dang i want more people to love it rather than just killua x gon girls who only care about the ships for the most part
Jul 27, 2020 7:57 PM
แด›สœส€แด‡แด€แด…โ˜…ส€แด‡แด€แด˜แด‡ส€

Dec 2018
I got my favorites, but nah, I wouldn't say I'd shove them no matter what without consideration about others' feelings. I mean, some people might consider my taste bad anyway, so I doubt my favorites will be for everybody.

G4ZEN said:
definitely charlotte, for some reason i just love everything about it
plot is partially unique
characters are just simply awesome and, i shit you not, with no tsunderes (ikr)
ending is just so cool, he becomes a complete badass and some small details like protagonists ability are just surprising and fun to watch

I liked Charlotte, but I disagree on the anime not having tsunderes. Does Nao not count as a tsundere??
Jul 28, 2020 4:12 AM

Oct 2012
100% Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Jul 28, 2020 1:42 PM

Dec 2015
I'll shove Hunter x Hunter (2011) down anyone's throat any day.
Jul 28, 2020 1:52 PM

Apr 2020
Taimanin Asagi. It will always be Taimain Asagi. Greatest show in the universe.
Jul 28, 2020 2:52 PM

May 2020
hunter x hunter, i don't think i need to explain.
all of my waifus are dead
Jul 28, 2020 5:25 PM

Sep 2018
I don't shove things down people's throats, I feel it's more effective to gently mention something I like to people a few times rather than push it on them. If they are interested they will eventually watch it. If not, oh well, I can't make everyone watch/like the same things I do, and it would be a boring world if everyone was the same.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» did your anime watching habits change over time gradually ?

ame - 11 hours ago

23 by DesuMaiden »»
6 seconds ago

» Do you got a favorite combination of eyes & hair colors?

Zowabo - 4 hours ago

14 by ST63LTH »»
31 seconds ago

» What are some kinks anime has awoken inside you?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

29 by ST63LTH »»
1 minute ago

» Anime you wouldn't watch? ( 1 2 )

coolyfruity - Jun 15

55 by DesuMaiden »»
2 minutes ago

» Which is the correct anime consumption posture?

SgtBateMan - Jun 14

33 by ST63LTH »»
3 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.