Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 13, 2020 10:24 AM

Jun 2019
A sad backstory for our cute lizard girl. I felt bad for her. Poor girl. Also seems like Bam is doing well in tests. I'm hyped up for the next episode. It's getting more and more exciting. Also what's with Rachel's angry look over one of my girls.
May 13, 2020 10:24 AM
Dec 2018
Ashhk said:
Michelle light xD worst name ever this is probably why she hides her identity

At least it's a girl's name, in the webtoon I've seen it written as Michael 😂
May 13, 2020 10:27 AM
Feb 2019
I am surprised how no one here mentioned how our boi Khun says that Bam will lose if his team wins
May 13, 2020 10:29 AM

Aug 2017
i got what i wanted, the script scene. it was changed a bit but I liked it nonetheless. they should have explained the rules a bit more.
RiceKnight59 said:

I kinda like Endorsi over Rachel at the moment. Anyone else?

endorsi is best girl <3

Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Tower of Rush or Tower or skipped content - should be the name of this anime adaptation.

yeah, they are skipping content, this episode did feel a bit rushed in the 2nd half. they are trying to leave a cliff-hanger. maybe they are trying to add some chapters from s2 of webtoon.
May 13, 2020 10:29 AM
Oct 2016
TLDR.
Anime only viewer? 8/10. Good Episode! As someone who read the source? 6/10. Decent episode. Nitpick, blah blah blah, rant. My opinion does not matter. Blah blah blah. Two cours would have been nice.

This episode is a solid 8/10 if I was an anime only watcher but as someone who has read the webtoon, I can only give it a 6/10, maybe 7.

As an adaption, this episode nails what the characters needed to accomplish, what to feel and had to experience as they went about doing their thing throughout the episode. It did however not give the characters their prolonged interactions that really make them feel like they are getting to know each other and experience being friends through their shenanigans. Which would have been the highlight of this episode.

In my opinion, what made it a great read was the lore/setting and the characters plus all the other random stuff that added up.

With the lore/setting, they already fell short with this and just gave us the bones of it without the meat. The writers are like, "Ohh, here is the bare minimum of what you need to know to understand the story. Wait, you want us to properly explain and delve into the well though out lore/settings that those webtoon elitist snobs are all up in their ass*ss talking about how great it is? NO! F*ck that, f*ck them and f*ck you!"

Next is the character's personalities that the author really got into defining through all the interactions that the characters did with each other. In this, they just adapted what needed to be adapted for the story/characters to progress without really giving them enough time to really show who and what they are like.

Yes, I know they can only do so much with the episodes they have but I honestly wished they had given this more than 13 episodes. At this point, I'm just watching to see how they adapt this.
May 13, 2020 10:30 AM
Feb 2020
kavehym said:
The first five minutes of this episode was indeed decent, definitely better than the source material. They made Anak's past more understandable. Her interaction with her mother was fantastic. That being said, the start of the hide and seek arc was a disaster. The manhwa was far better in terms of narration and pacing. Considering how good this episode starts, the last five minutes were disappointing.

Turning 78 episodes into the 13 episodes was a wrong decision. I have been waiting for this adaptation for nearly nine years and taking into account the first seven episodes, I am pretty disappointed. I just hope that they remake the whole first season if they have any intention to make the second one.

^
Do you want a 24 episode season but to be VERY BORING?
It would've been better with a 16 episode instead of 13 to make room for non important things and have a good pace to not be boring
Right now, in this era, it's either 11-12-13ep or 22-23-24 episodes.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
MonkeyDHunterMay 15, 2020 9:26 AM
May 13, 2020 10:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
machetevuoi said:
Ashhk said:
Michelle light xD worst name ever this is probably why she hides her identity

Wtf hahaha it sounds so ridiculous
May 13, 2020 10:35 AM
Mar 2018
It was an ok episode. I'm reading the Webtoon following the episodes so I'm even. But there's some stuff that has been changed and I'm starting getting confused.
May 13, 2020 10:36 AM

May 2019
Syureria said:
I won't say much and basically I really don't understand.

The first minute begins with a flashback experienced by Aanak, she appears with her mother and a green pendant that somehow reminds me of Violet Evergarden. After that, a battle ensued between

After they fight and fight the two of them finally fell, they felt pain but they talked about the problem then the green-haired girl calm down the problem experienced by her mother. It seems I only watched up to here and please don't force me to watch this, because it really torments me.

Who is forcing you to watch this? It's completely your choice and if you feel like not watching it just drop.Nobody wants to listen to your cries
May 13, 2020 10:36 AM

Aug 2017
Fireguck01 said:
kavehym said:
The first five minutes of this episode was indeed decent, definitely better than the source material. They made Anak's past more understandable. Her interaction with her mother was fantastic. That being said, the start of the hide and seek arc was a disaster. The manhwa was far better in terms of narration and pacing. Considering how good this episode starts, the last five minutes were disappointing.

Turning 78 episodes into the 13 episodes was a wrong decision. I have been waiting for this adaptation for nearly nine years and taking into account the first seven episodes, I am pretty disappointed. I just hope that they remake the whole first season if they have any intention to make the second one.

^
Do you want a 24 episode season but to be VERY BORING?
It would've been better with a 16 episode instead of 13 to make room for non important things and have a good pace to not be boring
Right now, in this era, it's either 11-12-13ep or 22-23-24 episodes.

I agree with this. even I sometimes feel bad about missing content but that's just how it is. a 24 episode would be a drag. a 18 episode might be a good one but we can't have that. its either 12-13 or 22-24. I would prefer 12-13 even though it might feel a bit rushed.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
MonkeyDHunterMay 15, 2020 9:27 AM
May 13, 2020 10:38 AM

Jul 2017
that long haired blond dude about to go full psycho any moment now, kinda feel bad for him lul

also ngl, Endorsi x Hak ship when?
May 13, 2020 10:41 AM
Oct 2016
Rensykes said:
It was an ok episode. I'm reading the Webtoon following the episodes so I'm even. But there's some stuff that has been changed and I'm starting getting confused.

May 13, 2020 10:42 AM

Aug 2017
Rensykes said:

May 13, 2020 10:43 AM
May 2019
Just compare the 37th episode of the webtoon to the anime. The tension. which was developed really well in the webtoon, is non-existent in the anime. Some changes are related to the fact that anime has only 13 episodes. I can tolerate these changes. However, they completely change the fighting sequence and even make it longer than the manhwa, and the outcome was terrible. I can't understand the reasons behind these changes.
May 13, 2020 10:44 AM

Mar 2016
cchigu said:
Another underwhelming episode. Probably the least likeable till now.

2/5

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt with this episode because at this point, I'm just going through the motions with this adaptation.
May 13, 2020 10:49 AM
Apr 2020
I feel like a lot of the tension of the webtoons hide and seek test was lost. Quant just felt way more threatening there.
May 13, 2020 10:57 AM
Oct 2016
There is a lot to say about how differently they adapted all of the scenes and interactions are but I don't have it in me anymore to go into all that. Might as well just ride this train to the bitter end.
May 13, 2020 10:58 AM
Jan 2020
12:06 Endorsi is so cute, especially when her stomach roars because of hunger 😆
12:40 Bribing a chicken pie lover with a chicken pie. Effectiveness: 100000/100 :v. Her body has just reacted faster than her mind :)
May 13, 2020 11:00 AM
Mar 2015
kavehym said:
Just compare the 37th episode of the webtoon to the anime. The tension. which was developed really well in the webtoon, is non-existent in the anime. Some changes are related to the fact that anime has only 13 episodes. I can tolerate these changes. However, they completely change the fighting sequence and even make it longer than the manhwa, and the outcome was terrible. I can't understand the reasons behind these changes.

Hopefully they can fix it in the next episode. I completely agree with you because the changes keeps confusing me. I really want to know what there reasoning is, but I’m hoping that the last six episodes will be a bit better. I’m really hoping they do Hide and Seek (or Tag) justice because that’s my favorite arc in season 1.
May 13, 2020 11:00 AM
Apr 2019
Bruh why they need to change endorsi in the room with bam and added hatz.. wtf? And endorsi blushing wtf??? Its ruined her character. Im so mad now.
JicaMay 13, 2020 11:07 AM
May 13, 2020 11:05 AM
Jan 2017
Parakwell and his Glorious Revolution has been cut short by the episode director. Now I know for sure there's no hope in the world!!!
May 13, 2020 11:10 AM

Jan 2008
What the hell happened at the end? I mean, I'm a webtoon reader, which means I actually know what should have happened, but Quant getting mad at the end was so awfully explained. It literally needed one sentence: "Did you think I'm that easy?". Everything is so confusing, if I didn't know about it I wouldn't even realize that Anaak is the other "it" (she has a badge, for those that didn't see it). It would also make no sense why he would not take her badge immediately, but drag her around instead. Hope they explain it later. 3/5
TTstMay 13, 2020 11:24 AM
May 13, 2020 11:16 AM

Apr 2018
After the last few episodes i have very low expectations with this show but somehow they still managed to disappoint me with this episode, amazing. And the thing that pissed me the most is how they added hatz in that room with endorsi and bam. And hatz blushing? They tried so hard to change most of ToG's characters huh, okay.
May 13, 2020 11:17 AM

Mar 2010
Fuck Now I'm pissed it ended when it was just getting good :x

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 13, 2020 11:22 AM
Apr 2020
akio19 said:
Parakwell and his Glorious Revolution has been cut short by the episode director. Now I know for sure there's no hope in the world!!!
parakewl was there in this episode
May 13, 2020 11:25 AM
Apr 2020
people need to chill out about the pacing if you've read the webtoon this seasons pacing doesn't really work in 13 or 24-25 episodes, 13 is to fast and 24-25 would be way to slow, and in this case I think fast is the better option
May 13, 2020 11:26 AM

Jun 2014
More of a setup episode for the tag test, hopefully the next episode is more exciting since it should focus entirely on this test.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 13, 2020 11:26 AM
Dec 2018
Ashhk said:
machetevuoi said:

Mate I legit had to read that shiz 2 times, I thought I read it wrong the first time through hahaha
May 13, 2020 11:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
machetevuoi said:
Ashhk said:

Mate I legit had to read that shiz 2 times, I thought I read it wrong the first time through hahaha
How tf can they name her michael, everybody knows that it's a boy name and it absolutely don't fit her lol
May 13, 2020 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
It was alright. Watching this feels like I am watching a remastered and more polished version of the first season's chapters since the art in the anime is drastically better than the webtoon.

I have been happy as of how they have are adapting it so far, but after seeing how many chapters they have to go I am slightly worried as of how they are going to adapt the remaining chapters since there are quite a lot to go. It is a must that they adapt the epilogue chapters from the end of the webtoon's first season.
removed-userMay 13, 2020 11:36 AM
May 13, 2020 11:35 AM

Apr 2009
Hungry blackmail anyone? Hatz is awkward delivering Khun's script and looks like about to melt from embarrassment flattering Endorsi but he's very cold to Anaak! LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 13, 2020 11:38 AM

Apr 2015
I'm starting to like the other characters more now and imo I think this is one of the better episodes of the series.

Sometimes I feel like this series is going way too fast (I haven't gone this far into the manhwa) but I wish they can skip the ED or OP more often, like last week.
May 13, 2020 11:42 AM

Jan 2014
A very fine and fun episode. Cannot wait for next week, as it's looking like quite the episode.
May 13, 2020 11:43 AM
Oct 2016
I would have preferred if they had done the food bribe scene this way instead of changing it but ohh well.

May 13, 2020 11:53 AM
Mar 2015
Bam is more OP than the admins like Nice backstory on the Princess
May 13, 2020 11:57 AM

Feb 2020
Lmao haven't read the webtoon, but user above just showed the food bribing scene. It really got changed quite a bit man. I'd wanna know why. I found the scene funny in the anime as well though, so no complaints there. Anyways, Ho is in mental trouble, that's definetely gonna be a topic in the next episode too I guess. He might be sorta envious and troubled, because of Bam, but idk. Maybe also because of something from his past. I'm curious. I was kind of surprised to see the episode start off with another pack of depressing anaaks past and I feel sort of sad for her. I still don't get Rachel and I don't think I ever will, but oh well. In the end I have a question: What's up with that new administrator? Like, why is an administrator taking part in the test?

tysm iva-🐢💜

May 13, 2020 12:05 PM
Apr 2020
I loved the way they handled Anak's past in this episode. They extended/took much more time with the whole script scene. I'd have liked it more if they paced it faster by cutting some dialogues or copying everything from the webtoon(I liked the webtoon scene better) so that they could focus more into explaining the tag test. I remember how Endorsi used to have superiority complex(actually she still does). Well, seeing Endorsi and Hatz blush is a new experience. I am sure that the director thinks 'blushing is the culture of anime', first Rachel & Bam, now Endorsi & Hatz. I don't know where this is going anymore but plz don't make Yuri blush. The pacing of the last part is the major issue I have with this episode. But still ignoring this issue for a better ending. Hopefully the director improves the pacing and the voice actors and ost can capture the emotions in upcoming weeks. I have a mixed feelings about this episode. While the opening scene was amazing but later it felt very different as if I'm watching a spinoff of Tog series. Overall, a good episode, but not the best. Looking forward to the upcoming episodes.
May 13, 2020 12:10 PM

Nov 2011
God I am loving Endorsi more and more each week! Also Kuhn and Bam continue to surprise me as characters. I really like them both atm. I wish Rak had some more screen time though. I love Rak

Good episode. Could not care less about Anaak's past but It was interesting to see the downfall of being a Princess' child.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 13, 2020 12:12 PM
Oct 2016
Olivi125 said:
Lmao haven't read the webtoon, but user above just showed the food bribing scene. It really got changed quite a bit man. I'd wanna know why. I found the scene funny in the anime as well though, so no complaints there. Anyways, Ho is in mental trouble, that's definetely gonna be a topic in the next episode too I guess. He might be sorta envious and troubled, because of Bam, but idk. Maybe also because of something from his past. I'm curious. I was kind of surprised to see the episode start off with another pack of depressing anaaks past and I feel sort of sad for her. I still don't get Rachel and I don't think I ever will, but oh well. In the end I have a question: What's up with that new administrator? Like, why is an administrator taking part in the test?

Lol, yeah the anime did it as good as it was in the webtoon but it would have been sorta like the start for baam and endorsi's interactions with one another. Yeah, as we see on hoh's flashback, his people are being farmed for their horns. So that would be his motivation for whatever he's going through now. That is the beauty of rachel's character. We don't really know what is up with her at this point.
May 13, 2020 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
Finally hide-and-seek! The next episode is going to be fire.
May 13, 2020 12:20 PM

Feb 2020
fonmeister said:
Olivi125 said:

Lol, yeah the anime did it as good as it was in the webtoon but it would have been sorta like the start for baam and endorsi's interactions with one another. Yeah, as we see on hoh's flashback, his people are being farmed for their horns. So that would be his motivation for whatever he's going through now. That is the beauty of rachel's character. We don't really know what is up with her at this point.

How do Ho's "envy" and his past connect? Has Bam reminded him of it in some way or is it unrelated? And I still don't really have an opinion on Rachel yet, because I simply don't really know anything about her, so you're right there. Have you read the webtoon?

tysm iva-🐢💜

May 13, 2020 12:26 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so essentially while granted large amounts of power the princesses are caged birds of a sort. Revenge is indeed a potent motivator for Anaak though. Still the convo between her and Endorsi as they fought sure was amusing. Bam's skills though sure has improved quite well. Thats quite the plan that Bam though up to achieve a pass in their friend assignment though. Gave a perfect opportunity to see a rare example of Endorsi's cute side. Using tag as their next trial though was an interesting idea. Curious in how that will turn out though. Overall an interesting ep that combined excellent backstory with regards to Anaak's past with the advancement of the trial. Feels like something else will happen within the trial though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2020 12:29 PM

May 2019
Every episode surpasses the previous one and becomes the best episode of the anime lol

Now that we're finally at the tag test, things will soon reach its climax. Overall, I can say I'm very satisfied with this adaptation.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
May 13, 2020 12:31 PM

May 2020
What happened to Lero-Ro's VA? His voice was entirely different this episode...

After rewatching this is definetly the same VA but the voice tune was so off-established-character (imo) when he expressed surprise and outrage
stopthisregbsMay 13, 2020 12:45 PM
May 13, 2020 12:33 PM

May 2019
fonmeister said:
I would have preferred if they had done the food bribe scene this way instead of changing it but ohh well.

Damn, I'd forgotten how funny the OG scene was. Thanks for reminding it. This one was fine as well but the one in webtoon was much better, especially the one with Anaak lol
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
May 13, 2020 12:36 PM

Feb 2013
jrShark said:
The bribing with food was the highlight of this episode for me xD. This is the type of comedy that I personally enjoy more, unlike many of the forced comic relief that was being added.

On a side note, I just realise this season is already halfway done! Six more episodes to go!

They should have lots of time for the climax it seems.
May 13, 2020 12:41 PM
Apr 2020
they screwed the TAG game pretty bad
May 13, 2020 12:45 PM
May 2020
I'm pretty bummed with how they handled Bam visiting the injured Endorsi. They skipped over, what I considered, important dialogue and moments that happened in the webtoon. These forming relationships are supposed to make sense.

Character development is being rushed.

Edit: Eff that. Everything is being rushed.
potatodustMay 13, 2020 12:53 PM
May 13, 2020 12:45 PM
Oct 2016
Olivi125 said:
fonmeister said:

How do Ho's "envy" and his past connect? Has Bam reminded him of it in some way or is it unrelated? And I still don't really have an opinion on Rachel yet, because I simply don't really know anything about her, so you're right there. Have you read the webtoon?

Hm... okay. I guess hoh's intention for going up the tower is to attain power to protect his people from being farmed but then here comes baam showing immense power from the get go without even trying. Also, since they keep mentioning competition this competition that, hoh must feel pressured into thinking that he may fail at this rate. That is my reason for hoh to be envious, mad and agitated. Yeah, I've read the webtoon. Honestly, it is a decent/good adaption. We as readers of the webtoon have this kind of vision in our head that this should be that, that should be this kinda thing. My advice is to don't mind us rambling on and on about the adaption. Lets all just enjoy it.
fonmeisterMay 13, 2020 12:50 PM
May 13, 2020 12:53 PM

Feb 2020
fonmeister said:
Olivi125 said:

Hm... okay. I guess hoh's intention for going up the tower is to attain power to protect his people from being farmed. Then here comes baam showing immense power from the get go without even trying. Also, since they keep mentioning competition this competition that, hoh must feel pressured into thinking that he may fail at this rate. Yeah, I've read the webtoon. Honestly, it is a decent/good adaption. We as readers of the webtoon have this kind of vision in our head that this should be that, that should be this kinda thing. Don't mind us rambling on and on about the adaption and just enjoy it as it is.

Thanks man:3
And yeah, I know that feeling all too well. When I've read the book first, often everything about the movie bugs me and seems wrong even though it's mostly decent, so I get what you're trying to say x'D
Yeah I will:3

tysm iva-🐢💜

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Jun 24, 2020

460 by YagoPRO123 »»
May 18, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

336 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 19, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2020

591 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 16, 3:12 AM

» Is Tower of God Worth Watching or Reading?

Cherish-Life - Mar 14

16 by Madhukar13g »»
Mar 27, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 17, 2020

456 by Kira_ga_Kiru »»
Feb 23, 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.