Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 6, 2020 9:41 AM

Feb 2013
no1cares_getgoin said:

May 6, 2020 9:41 AM
Mar 2015
kuhn has his lighthouse, Rak has his spear and Bam has his Shinsu
May 6, 2020 9:44 AM
Feb 2020
PoisonedTea said:
no1cares_getgoin said:

May 6, 2020 9:44 AM

May 2014
I haven't read this part of the source material yet, but it seems like they're really rushing through this training sequence. The whole thing seems to be all over the place. The female characters plus the dude with the freckles are fine, but everyone else hasn't really done much for me yet. I'm liking Endorsi, and she's made me smile a lot more than Rak and his chocolate/turtle "humor." My biggest gripe though is that I'm just not really getting the whole tower thing and how it all actually works.
May 6, 2020 9:47 AM

Mar 2016
The static pacing of this episode as well as the cutting of some important context (which should be easily noticeable even for an anime-only fan) is just frustrating as hell. The comedy parts just feel slapping to the background and thus add nothing particularly positive.

Anak's revelation and backstory felt SO underwhelming due to the above issues. That's why I personally feel like it didn't feel so deep compared to the manga's take (not like the manga version of that part was necessarily amazing). I'd hope they go right back to those flashbacks in the next episode, but no guarantees.

Is it just me or does Anak and Rachel seem like another version of frigging Sasuke and Sakura, respectively?? I digress, cause I REALLY hated the latter two.
May 6, 2020 9:49 AM

Feb 2013
XHellLyterX said:
I haven't read this part of the source material yet, but it seems like they're really rushing through this training sequence. The whole thing seems to be all over the place. The female characters plus the dude with the freckles are fine, but everyone else hasn't really done much for me yet. I'm liking Endorsi, and she's made me smile a lot more than Rak and his chocolate/turtle "humor." My biggest gripe though is that I'm just not really getting the whole tower thing and how it all actually works.

It is pretty on point so far. I would guess there more training in the next episode.
May 6, 2020 9:53 AM

May 2014
PoisonedTea said:
XHellLyterX said:

It is pretty on point so far. I would guess there more training in the next episode.

That would be good. Training and honing one's skills is a pretty vital part of stories like this imo, so I'm just hoping that it's done right.
May 6, 2020 9:53 AM

Mar 2012
They didn't include the part where Lauroe is teaching Bam when he commented how others were "talented." I really liked that panel... Seriously, even on previous episodes, they give more time to Shibisu's comedic acts then rush the other contents.
May 6, 2020 9:54 AM
Oct 2018
XHellLyterX said:

That last bit is kind of by design. They reveal more and more about it over time. Society is effectively ruled by rankers, people given a rank for reaching the top. You even get a lot of benefits just for making it to floor 20. For a lot of people, it offers them a chance to move up in the world. Most floors have 1 test decided by the ruler or administrator. The 2nd floor is special and is used to filter a lot more people than usual and is known as the floor of tests. On most floors you can take the test as many times as you want IIRC. Much more than that would spoil stuff. Doesn't really matter but the person/thing with the #1 rank is an irregular named pentaminum.
May 6, 2020 9:56 AM
Oct 2018
dzn018 said:
They didn't include the part where Lauroe is teaching Bam when he commented how others were "talented." I really liked that panel...
Doesn't that happen a bit later? They could still put it in episode 7.
May 6, 2020 9:57 AM
Nov 2019
I really liked this episode. To me it seemed like it was taking a bit of a break before the training or the next event continues. Or will this training go on for some time longer?
May 6, 2020 9:59 AM

Jan 2011
1Kyo said:
dark-chaos said:
we got another Kurapika revenge story, this show really follow HxH so much

anyway it's not a bad thing, but I didn't see anything special yet, maximum 7/10 for now

Kurapika's clan was exterminated by a notorious group of assassins. Anak's parents were murdered by their siblings because they broke a rule. I don't see a resemblance here except for the fact that they are both revenge stories, and revenge stories are common anywhere in anything.

you just spoiled the story nicely
anyway I didn't ask for anyone opinion if it's same or not, just saying what I think until now
May 6, 2020 10:00 AM
Oct 2018
It'll probably go on a little longer, depending on what they cut out. We will get to see the roles in action before long as well. After that it's the final test of the floor and any bits of a season 2 hook they want to add.
May 6, 2020 10:06 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
The first half was very unfocused, probably rushing through some parts, but the second half was phenomenal. Possibly the strongest part of the series so far. A lot of good focus on many new characters.
May 6, 2020 10:06 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty chill episode for the most part until that revelation about Anaak in the last couple minutes. Hopefully that will be expanded on further to flesh her character out more, because that whole thing seems interesting.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 6, 2020 10:09 AM
Apr 2020
Eri19 said:
I really liked this episode. To me it seemed like it was taking a bit of a break before the training or the next event continues. Or will this training go on for some time longer?
hmm atleast half another episode i think
May 6, 2020 10:13 AM
Aug 2018
A really good episode, we got to see some backstory of anak although I think we can still use a little more.
Shibisu is the best really and I'm really liking endorsi as well.
May 6, 2020 10:20 AM

Feb 2013
anime-prime said:
The first half was very unfocused, probably rushing through some parts, but the second half was phenomenal. Possibly the strongest part of the series so far. A lot of good focus on many new characters.

I would not say they skipped parts but they did shorten a lot of it. I am not surprised if they wanna past season one in this season. is around 80 chapters they are at around 33 right now.
May 6, 2020 10:24 AM

Nov 2016
Ryuseishun said:
The static pacing of this episode as well as the cutting of some important context (which should be easily noticeable even for an anime-only fan) is just frustrating as hell.

Anak's revelation and backstory felt SO underwhelming due to the above issues. That's why I personally feel like it didn't feel so deep compared to the manga's take (not like the manga version of that part was necessarily amazing). I'd hope they go right back to those flashbacks in the next episode, but no guarantees.

I'm on the fence with this anime for said reasons.

On one hand I really want to like it for the premise alone, but I can't bring myself to care for anything. Lol @ this joke of an adaptation.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 6, 2020 10:29 AM
Nov 2019
AGlitchGnome said:
I really enjoyed this episode! lots of character backstory and more world building. it was cool of leroro to help out Bam by putting him in the wave controller tests.
leroro didn't help him it was just that bam is suitable for wave control position he was just lucky
May 6, 2020 10:29 AM

Mar 2016
FMmatron said:
Ryuseishun said:
The static pacing of this episode as well as the cutting of some important context (which should be easily noticeable even for an anime-only fan) is just frustrating as hell.

On one hand I really want to like it for the premise alone, but I can't bring myself to care for anything. Lol @ this joke of an adaptation.

Even if I was a fan of the manga series, if an adaptation of it presents itself as underwhelming, I'm gonna criticize it. Not because of fidelity issues, but due to the directing choices or other things.
May 6, 2020 10:39 AM

Nov 2016
Ryuseishun said:
FMmatron said:

Even if I was a fan of the manga series, if an adaptation of it presents itself as underwhelming, I'm gonna criticize it. Not because of fidelity issues, but due to the directing choices or other things.

Same, especially as a fan.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 6, 2020 10:47 AM

Apr 2009
Ah the training has begun for the basic positions. they haven't covered yet the other terms specific to the positions though.

Shoes on display analogy of the Jahad princesses is accurate but those same shoes can kick your sorry arse not only six but a million ways to Sunday!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 6, 2020 10:49 AM
Jan 2017
For now, the tests have come to an end, and the characters get some much-needed time to rest. The mystery surrounding Bam and Rachel takes a backseat in favor of development for the supporting cast. The character writing is one of the strongest aspects of Tower of God and I'm really looking forward to see what happens next.
May 6, 2020 10:54 AM
Aug 2018
XHellLyterX said:

This is just the testing floor and no one can advance the tower unless the pass the testing floor. This will not change until season 2 because the prologue/season 1 revolves around this floor
May 6, 2020 10:59 AM
Sep 2017
This episode was great, and I'm finally warming up to this show at last.
May 6, 2020 11:03 AM

Nov 2013
Lots of things I’ve gathered from this episode,

Rachel and Bam
- Rachel has a reason for not wanting Bam to know it’s her: either it’s the fact from last episode that acquaintances can’t be in the test together, or her ‘reason’ that Bam and her would burden one another, or something else entirely (Endorsi called her a troublesome woman, so Rachel likely has a secret/something she’s not saying)
- We learn why Endorsi abandoned the Crown game last episode (Endorsi says she saw Anaak and wanted to confirm something, and that ‘I guess someone also convinced me to’ which is probably Rachel)
- Bam, as last episode showed with his Shinsu, is more powerful than he appears...this is hinted twice (once with the Administrator saying the contract is a shackle for him, and again when he is able to control the Shinsu easier than Hoh)

Princess of Jahad
- There are two princesses of Jahad taking the test right now, Endorsi and Anaak
- Princesses are not actually sisters, but recruited tribes/families (as sort of ambassadors for the tower)

- Anaak is likely not the real/original holder of the Green April and not actually a princess... her mother, the Ranker was. (Her mother chose the path of misfortune according to Endorsi)
- Anaak is probably not her real name but the name of her ‘mother’ (Endorsi called her an orphan, so adopted probably) who was shown at the end, and considering Khun’s info, the mother is likely dead which makes sense for Anaak’s revenge
EDIT: someone confirmed orphan wasn’t supposed to be there, so likely a mistranslation by the subs
- Endorsi calls Anaak an impostor because she’s not actually a princess, her mother was, but she likely assumed her identity to exact revenge on those who killed her mother (ie. taking all the swords, and trying to kill all the Jahad princesses)
- Yuri is the only genius Fisherman who was granted a 13 month series sword in 500 years

Tower
- Tower battles are team battles, consisting of 5 roles within a team (Fisherman, Spearbearer, Lightbearer, Wave controller, Scout)
- this hints that Bam’s group may be getting two additional members in the near future
herricklukMay 6, 2020 11:43 AM
May 6, 2020 11:13 AM

Mar 2010
Revenge is no good. Great seeing how everyone is being classified as. And love how the alligator dude is a try hard lolz

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 6, 2020 11:13 AM

Mar 2010
Revenge is no good. Great seeing how everyone is being classified as. And love how the alligator dude is a try hard lolz

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 6, 2020 11:14 AM

Mar 2012
RinTheWanderer said:
Doesn't that happen a bit later? They could still put it in episode 7.

No, it happened right after the first class. Before Bam could even form a bang. It's actually an important scene imo bc it shows how ridiculous is Bam in terms of learning skills and growth. Meanwhile in anime version, he tried and failed to form a bang already.
May 6, 2020 11:28 AM

May 2019
hd_nexus said:
The episode was ok i guess. They skipped some important informations, and the animation (fight and characters animations) was pretty inconsistent (for a seasonal anime with 13 episodes).
Hope they can fix everything if there's a second season.
What do you guys think about the animation?

Its kinda meh.I guess the weak part of this show.Fights have no substance to them.Felt pretty lacking.Still hoping they would improve the future animation although from what I see this studio is inexperienced for a fighting type animation
May 6, 2020 11:38 AM

Feb 2013
herrickluk said:
Lots of things I’ve gathered from this episode,

Rachel and Bam
- Rachel has a reason for not wanting Bam to know it’s her: either it’s the fact from last episode that acquaintances can’t be in the test together, or her ‘reason’ that Bam and her would burden one another, or something else entirely (Endorsi called her a troublesome woman, so Rachel likely has a secret/something she’s not saying)
- We learn why Endorsi abandoned the Crown game last episode (Endorsi says she saw Anaak and wanted to confirm something, and that ‘I guess someone also convinced me to’ which is probably Rachel)
- Bam, as last episode showed with his Shinsu, is more powerful than he appears...this is hinted twice (once with the Administrator saying the contract is a shackle for him, and again when he is able to control the Shinsu easier than Hoh)

Princess of Jahad
- There are two princesses of Jahad taking the test right now, Endorsi and Anaak
- Princesses are not actually sisters, but recruited tribes/families (as sort of ambassadors for the tower)

- Anaak is likely not the real/original holder of the Green April and not actually a princess... her mother, the Ranker was. (Her mother chose the path of misfortune according to Endorsi)
- Anaak is probably not her real name but the name of her ‘mother’ (Endorsi called her an orphan, so adopted probably) who was shown at the end, and considering Khun’s info, the mother is likely dead which makes sense for Anaak’s revenge
EDIT: someone confirmed she is not an orphan, so likely a mistranslation by the subs
- Endorsi calls Anaak an impostor because she’s not actually a princess, her mother was, but she likely assumed her identity to exact revenge on those who killed her mother (ie. taking all the swords, and trying to kill all the Jahad princesses)
- Yuri is the only genius Fisherman who was granted a 13 month series sword in 500 years

Tower
- Tower battles are team battles, consisting of 5 roles within a team (Fisherman, Spearbearer, Lightbearer, Wave controller, Scout)
- this hints that Bam’s group may be getting two additional members in the near future

Anaak parents are dead. So Orphan and Anaak is her biological mother.
PS.The scene may have not been as clear as it meant to be.
PoisonedTeaMay 6, 2020 11:42 AM
May 6, 2020 11:38 AM

Jul 2012
That was more interesting than the previous episodes. And finally explained some stuff with connecting characters more. It was in dire need of character intereactions
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2020 11:40 AM

Mar 2017
Wtf?! She's not the real Anaak? I've found her very interesting since the beginning but wow... she has some fascinating backstory!

I'm an anime only, so I don't know anything about the characters beyond what's been shown so far but there's something about Rachel that I don't like... I can't put my finger on it though. I'm also going to guess that Bam isn't human like he appears to be
May 6, 2020 11:47 AM

Oct 2013
Finally a somewhat decent episode. Who knew those dumb tests were the problem all along.
May 6, 2020 11:50 AM

Sep 2007
Galvanometer said:
They handled the scene where Bam makes contract with the administrator well

I really liked small comment "Are you here to make a contract? Or do you wanna fight?" tho hahaha.

Also, the animation this week was weird. It was nice when there was action but static shots... were so warped at moments... lol.

May 6, 2020 11:57 AM

Dec 2017
I can't wait for next weeks episode but i rlly hate cliffhangers. Hopefully the princesses fight will be awesome. Bam low-key dumped Rachel which was great imo haha
May 6, 2020 12:03 PM
Apr 2019
They skip some important information like bang/myuu thing for wave controller and detail explanation about fisherman lightbearer mostly smh.

Anaak vs Endorsi dope tho.
May 6, 2020 12:03 PM
Oct 2018
Anaak is a real princess of jahad though.

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonJun 6, 2020 4:29 AM
May 6, 2020 12:11 PM

Jul 2019
Looking forward for a 'real' fight in this world. The fake Anak already demonstrated that despite your position in a team, you can still be an adept in other fields.

I did like first part of the episode more. Training sequences, more charakter development and interactions between different team members. Baam still is a bland protagonist but at least you get 'must protecc' vibes for him.
May 6, 2020 12:11 PM
Apr 2020
rip "market research".RAK
the pace in this episode sucks they missed a lot of stuff from the webtoon but i understand since they want to adapt 76 chapters in 13eps
May 6, 2020 12:12 PM

Feb 2013
RinTheWanderer said:

Can we stick to anime only information please. Anyway that was explained in the next scene so maybe next episode.
May 6, 2020 12:25 PM
Jul 2016
I don't really understand why people "hate" on this as much as some do. I do believe that this anime is really good, not the best one, but a really good one. It feels like some peoples expectations were damn too high believing that this series would be amazing from the get go. I haven't watched a lot of anime nor other series in my lifetime, but I can say pretty confidently that most series are not that incredible right from the start, it's something that builds up from episode to episode. I've read the weebtoon a bit, and it's pretty obvious that the pacing is really fast, and that some parts are left out, but is this really such a bad thing? I'm certainly not the one to tell you that it's not or that it's a good thing, but it does not bother me. I'm just perplexed by this reaction from some people.

Aside from this matter, this episode was good, a lot of character building and world building, which I appreciate.
May 6, 2020 12:30 PM

Jun 2016
Holy hell this adaptation is so bad. Why they gotta cut out 50% of the content from the webtoon. It only going to get worse since there are over 40 chapters to cover within 7 episodes.
May 6, 2020 12:33 PM

Mar 2016
I am more interested in the crocodile and Khun than Jahad and Rachel.

I am not able to understand what it is about Rachel that annoys me. I don't think she's done anything till now that should make me dislike her. (By the way, she can eat a lot of chocolates, huh?)

Khun seems to have received a banter buddy. lol.

Bam has started wearing the clothes from his MAL picture. It's so adorable! Kind of reminds of kids when they reach their "I need to be cool" phase.
May 6, 2020 12:35 PM
Apr 2020
PoisonedTea said:
RinTheWanderer said:

Can we stick to anime only information please. Anyway that was explained in the next scene so maybe next episode.

Nah all of that info was in the chapters covered, alongside a lot of info on shinsu. Sure there were attempts to explain things. E.g Endorsi saying that her family forbids marriage but they completely omit details such as the reason for this being to stop the power of Jahad given to them spreading throughout the tower.
May 6, 2020 12:36 PM

Jan 2008
kavehym said:

I was eager to see how they will turn the shinsu enhancement thing into the anime since it was handled well in the webtoon, and the result was pretty much disappointing. The webtoon handled this scene far better.

Completely agree. They are pushing the water thing way too far. It seems like they have no plans on making shinsu change properties, which makes no sense since in the manhwa characters change shinsu in so many ways, be it a different element or form... Here, it's just waterbending
May 6, 2020 12:37 PM
Apr 2020
AnimeFA78N said:
I am gonna ask this again from more experienced anime watchers any chance this will get a season 2 ?

considering the ratings its going to be tough
if it gets some boost near the end
it might be possible

lets hope for the best
May 6, 2020 12:43 PM
Apr 2020
Lightprayer said:
dark-chaos said:
we got another Kurapika revenge story, this show really follow HxH so much

you think people that want revenge for their family members being killed started from HxH?

yeah but it certainly isnt original you will have to admit that
May 6, 2020 12:45 PM
Apr 2020
KorhalChild said:
Best episode so far. It was a little bit over the place, but I'm starting to like this show. Rak, Anaak and Khun scenes were nice. Rachel was a bitch as I thought, there was no need to be a manhwa reader to see that coming.

really? out of all the episodes you found this exposition dump the best one?
whats your reason?

for me personally it was episode 2 or 4
because of the battle royal feeling it had
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Jun 24, 2020

460 by YagoPRO123 »»
May 18, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

336 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 19, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2020

591 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 16, 3:12 AM

» Is Tower of God Worth Watching or Reading?

Cherish-Life - Mar 14

16 by Madhukar13g »»
Mar 27, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 17, 2020

456 by Kira_ga_Kiru »»
Feb 23, 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.