Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2019 9:39 AM

Apr 2019
And so it ends. The first half of this episode felt a little rushed but was good nonetheless and the second half was even better. I’m really going to miss this anime.
8/10
Jun 24, 2019 9:40 AM

Aug 2016
Pretty anticlimactic, still like the anime but I think 1 more episode would have helped out.
Jun 24, 2019 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
Party is over.

Kinda disappointed with the ending. But it's definitely been an amazing ride. Am going to miss this show!
Jun 24, 2019 9:56 AM

Mar 2013
I can't believe that this anime ended. Honestly, I am glad that it had over 20 episodes, either the story might have been more rushed. As some pointed out, the last episode had some moments that seemed pretty fastened to me as well (kind of a disappointment at times), but I guess they just had to pack everything at the end.
It was neither a great or horrible ending. It was just a satisfying one for all the part. Hiakimaru didn't kill anyone in the end, Tahomaru was able to accept Dororo as his brother and their mother was able to give all her attention to Tohamaru (in the end).
Plus, I really love how we were able to see a grown up Dororo (even if for just a few seonds).
The anime will remain in my heart </3
Jun 24, 2019 9:57 AM

Mar 2018
I don't get why some people are saying the ending was underwhelming. Maybe they were expecting more action and something more flashy and adrenaline-packed.
Sure, some endings are fun like that.

But Dororo ended with a spiritual-like peace, you know?
It wasn't for some great big plot, it was just to finally feel at peace with what they've done in the past and to just end all the suffering and stress they've been through. It's kind of like taking a great big nap after a tiring day.
That feeling of falling onto your bed and you're out within seconds.

And to quote mayhem1994's comment:
"Some of you guys really aren't paying attention to what's going on..."
Jun 24, 2019 9:58 AM
May 2019
This ending was kinda dumb, Dororo trusting the villagers who were introduced like two episodes ago with her money, Tahomaru, Nui and Jukai's death, Hyakkimaru splitting up with Dororo, Daigo's sudden change of mind etc.

I expected the scene where Hyakki got his eyes back to be more touching but I felt almost nothing in that scene.

Also is it just me or Biwamaru is such an unnecessary character? He has no backstory, no motivation. Like, if they took him out from the series nothing would change. He just explains the story and says some shit trying to be deep.

The first half was great but second half didn't live up my expectations. It was a nice series overall but I'm glad it ended at this point.
Jun 24, 2019 10:02 AM
Jun 2019
The ending would be better if the father died and the doll guy and the mother who already repent for their sin live.
Jun 24, 2019 10:03 AM
May 2016
why are some of you dissapointed in the ending?. It wouid be really underwhelming if Hyakkimaru had been killed or if he killed his father or Tahomaru.
Jun 24, 2019 10:03 AM

Jan 2017
WTF is this ending? It was really good for 23 episodes then this.

- Why his mother, mother(2) and brother died in the castle when they had a escape route and the time to run?

- And why Hyakkimaru would left without saying a word to Dororo? And where did he go?

- Also with that last scene on the bridge/quay we basically got a "lolicon route" ending?

I really wanted to give a solid 9/10 but nope, disappointed/10.
Jun 24, 2019 10:07 AM

Aug 2018
In the final scene, Did Hyakkimaru and Dororo meet again??
Jun 24, 2019 10:10 AM
Jun 2019
the father is a samurai but instead, the mother and the doll guy are the ones that committed seppuku. I don't even know what's going on. I mean if you wanted to find the guilty guy, it's the dad's fault this thing happened in the first place

Jun 24, 2019 10:11 AM
Dec 2018
this final episode is definitely Hyakkimaru's answer after all going through the show, I think it's enough, it's not every anime should explain clearly what happened about an event (Dororo isnt like that from the start tho) this anime actually full of symbolization if you notice, just try to solve the puzzle
Jun 24, 2019 10:14 AM
Mar 2016
I loved this show. No otaku-pandering bullshit and also full complete story; and good one at that.

My only gripe with finale is that they should've shown more of Hyakkimaru's life after gaining his whole body back (especially his eyes) and also some dororo and Hyakki spending time together after the time skip.

Overall 8/10
Jun 24, 2019 10:14 AM
May 2019
IMHO Nui should have died in fire, but saved Tahoumaru even if he would have lost limb or two. Then Jukai could pick him up, made some prostetics for him and found new purpose in life. I don't buy happy ending with Dororo and villagers, no one of the have experience in ruling anything. Have you ever heard stories about people, who won billions in lottery, but become piss poor in matter of several years? That's how I feel about ending. MAPPA tried to make a story about reaching something with your own hands, yet their pushed plot twist with deus ex gold, which feels cheap at best.
Jun 24, 2019 10:15 AM

Feb 2017
I really want an OVA of grown up Dororo leading a village and reuniting with Hyakkimaru but at the same time with the sengoku jidai incoming I'm not sure they'll live happily ever after.
Jun 24, 2019 10:19 AM
Dec 2018
nyugvo6 said:
that was absolute nonsense.
why the hell did any of these happen?
it being anticlimactic was expected but holy fuk.
taho and hyakki fight for understandable reasons.
hyakki stops wanting to kill taho because he sees the hole in his heart. okay.
after sparing him the last demon starts acting up so the tears his extra eyes out and rejects the demon. is that even possible? whatever.
hyakki kills the last demon by stabbing the red orb in an instant. that's it? really?
puppet guy and mom show up they save hyakki, then die along with taho for no reason when they could have dragged him out. I get puppet guy's urge to die, it was well explained in his backstory BUT "guess I saved hyakkimaru and gave him some blessing I can die at last" that's bullshit.
and the mom is like: "all these years I never paid attention to you, instead of saving you and dedicating myself to be by your side from now on I'll just watch you die and burn with your corpse."
GOOD FUCKING GOING.

Holy shit, chill dude.
Jun 24, 2019 10:20 AM

Apr 2009
Decent ending. I enjoyed this show despite some of my beefs.
DreddJun 24, 2019 10:38 AM
Jun 24, 2019 10:27 AM
Jan 2019
Nice story, nice OP and ED, perfect MC, Great anime to watch this season.
We need other remake on animation and the score will rise to 9,0+ lmao
Jun 24, 2019 10:27 AM

Mar 2016
I don't understand why the three people had to die at the end. It doesn't make much sense. Anybody would choose to run away and live. If they had to die, seppuku would still have been better than burning alive and slowly dying.

Tahoumaru was too annoying, so I don't feel bad for him at all.

Hyakkimaru also got annoying, so I didn't care what happened to him.

Why is Hyakki able to understand what he's seeing? I wonder if the writer has ever done research on blind people getting their sights back. They don't know what they are seeing and what they are supposed to be seeing. Telling if something is beautiful is probably going take quite some time.

I liked the conclusion to Daigo's arc.

The animation was quite brilliant this episode. Hope Mappa makes more animations like this and 'Sarazanmai' in the future, and less like 'Punch Line'.
Jun 24, 2019 10:42 AM

May 2011
I agree with majority of the people here as to why this episode (or the series esp the second half of the season) is so unsatisfying. The most bothering thing for me is really just how unnatural the characters react to the scene.

nyugvo6 said:

taho and hyakki fight for understandable reasons.
hyakki stops wanting to kill taho because he sees the hole in his heart. okay.
after sparing him the last demon starts acting up so the tears his extra eyes out and rejects the demon. is that even possible? whatever.
hyakki kills the last demon by stabbing the red orb in an instant. that's it? really?

That was kinda what went through my mind during those scenes xD.

puppet guy and mom show up they save hyakki, then die along with taho for no reason when they could have dragged him out. I get puppet guy's urge to die, it was well explained in his backstory BUT "guess I saved hyakkimaru and gave him some blessing I can die at last" that's bullshit.
and the mom is like: "all these years I never paid attention to you, instead of saving you and dedicating myself to be by your side from now on I'll just watch you die and burn with your corpse."

Yeah, I couldn't really take this scene seriously too. They seem sooooooooo calm and "rational", as if they knew and seen everything that had happened at the fight during their walk to the castle. Them appearing at the scene while seeing Tahomaru collapse and on the verge of death, yet they both still only went to Hyakkimaru, gave him a long heartfelt speech, striking a cool pose when Hyakkimaru gave them a last glance, before approaching Tahomaru to check on him.

I would think the natural thing to do upon witnessing the scene is to drag the both of them back into that tunnel and give the heartfelt speech later. There's two rescuer after all, each one of them could have just drag or carry one of them out. There's always a chance Taho could survive (I mean how would they know he is dead even without checking, it's not the first time he lost his eye anyway). Even if he ended up not surviving later they can choose to "pay" for their sins later too.

Though, I personally find that ending their own life feels more like them escaping their sins rather than paying for it. I thought would be less selfish and may be beneficial Hyakkimaru if the both of them didn't choose to end their lifes (they both are, in a way, Hyakk's family after all that he cherished them). But then again, I understand this can be very subjective.

Dororo, too, knowing Hyakkimaru's mother went ahead and is probably inside, she doesn't seemed bothered at all. Even if she knew and respected her decision to end her own life, she probably should have at least felt some grieve for them? Oddly, Hyakkimaru seems pretty cool with their death too.

There's a few more points but I'll not go into it, and some are already mentioned by others. I hope people who disagree with us can at least understand from our viewpoint. The characters just feels very... weird and unnatural to me. It's partly underwhelming because the first half of this anime had set a very high standard and expectation for us viewer. It's still a good ride though.

Honestly, the best thing about this episode is the endcard though xD I really liked it.
Jun 24, 2019 10:44 AM

Jul 2017
Decent ending, although the hypetrain for reaching from Episode 1 to 23 is justifiable.

So in the end, Hyakkimaru never resorts to killing Tahomaru, but instead killed the source instead of the incomplete sacrifice.

Plus, his resolution with his "father" Daigo that of his full human body returned to him, a conviction to stay human, rather than tread the path of evil.

And...Dororo growing into a woman? That was quick, but it felt like there wasn't any resolution for Dororo and Hyakkimaru.

Otherwise, thank you MAPPA and Tezuka Productions for reliving a 50-year old legend of the godfather's lesser known works.

Jun 24, 2019 10:44 AM
May 2016
"Also with that last scene on the bridge/quay we basically got a "lolicon route" ending?" How so? There isn't anything to imply he has those kinds of feeling towards Dororo.

"Why is Hyakki able to understand what he's seeing? I wonder if the writer has ever done research on blind people getting their sights back. They don't know what they are seeing and what they are supposed to be seeing. Telling if something is beautiful is probably going take quite some time." H

e has experience shape and color due to his soul sensing ability. And he isn't judging by a preconceive standard of beauty, he just knows he likes what he sees.
Jun 24, 2019 10:48 AM

Oct 2017
Really satisfied with this ending! I love it. Also the ending wass so beautiful, grown up Dororo is really pretty. Gonna miss this show.

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
Jun 24, 2019 10:49 AM

Aug 2013
Hyakkimaru and Tahomaru fight was intense.

Good to know that Hyakkimaru was able to get all his body parts back.

Dororo at the end. She looks pretty.

Jun 24, 2019 10:49 AM
May 2019
I think it was a 9/10 for me! I really wanted Dororo and Hyakimaru to be with each other at the end though:(
Jun 24, 2019 11:02 AM
Aug 2015
I absolutely loved the series, but I'm gonna be honest: This episode sucked. A lot imo. It felt really unfullfilling and not like a proper ending. I mean... not even the ending song is completely clear now?? It felt like they suddenly lost all motivation and inspiration. What in the world happened?
I never believed this would ever happen to me, but this episode alone dropped the show from a 9/10 to a 8/10 for me. I'm so confused and disappointed.
Jun 24, 2019 11:11 AM
Jul 2017
Unconclusive ending for an amazing series.

Still love it.
Jun 24, 2019 11:15 AM

Feb 2015
Yea, I could not agree with people less. If this was episode 12, and the anime ended there, I probably would, but these last 12 episodes got progressively worse. At this point, it's a joke. Laughable moral conflicts, generic motivations and justifications, piss poor dialogue, everything from a writing standpoint was god awful. The music was fine, the animation was fine. But the writing was a travesty. Then the ending, good lord, that could not be more cliche and uncommitted. No attempt for fulfillment or individuality or consistency. Just a bullshit cliche that aims to please everyone.

This was actually good and became bad, unlike a lot of popular stuff which is either just good with understandable flaws, or just bad but people don't care. This is like GoT to a much lesser degree, and so what actually should be a 6/10 is punished due to it's stark contrast between high and low quality points. What a fucking disappointment.

1-12 : 8/10
13-24: 2/10
1-24: 3/10
Jun 24, 2019 11:24 AM

Jul 2014
A strange ending, overall. There was a lot happening and they wrapped everything up acceptably, but something still felt missing.

I'm also not sure how I feel about this show overall. It got off to such a strong start, but really petered out midway. It then somewhat regained its momentum in the final few episodes, but nowhere near to the same extent as how it started.

7/10 overall, probably.
Jun 24, 2019 11:24 AM
Jun 2019
Party is over, guys :") but i should be honest that i don't really like that type of ending. But, at least, Hyakki was alive!
Jun 24, 2019 11:27 AM
Jul 2017
nyugvo6 said:
that was absolute nonsense.

I guess since minute 10 I was like:

1. WTF is going on? Tahoumaru claws his eyes out and then Hyakkimaru gets them back, and then they get vaporised (?) and then he can't see for a while, and then he can? What's up with that?

2. Jukai, Nui and Tahoumaru die for no reason whatsoever. I guess what might have made sense if Nui was the only one there, helped the (half???-)blind Hyakkimaru out, then went back to Tahoumaru, and then the roof fell and they had no escape, but the way the scene was, it was absolutey nonsensical. Jukai definitely didn't need to be there.

3. Let's say those three men don't kill each other over the money and start their own country. How long does it take before the samurai come and slaughter them all for this money? Even if they hire some samurai to protect them, they could easily double-cross those peasants (and I'm not sure that samurai were actually for hire).

4. Dororo grows into a "beatufiful woman" (according to many commenters). While it's the middle ages, why couldn't Dororo have grown into someone more akin to Mutsu? It seemed to me Dororo never actually wanted to be a girl. Or was it Hyakki's single comment that changed their whole personality?

5. The tree jewel monster is this anime's equivalent of the MCU's giant skyhole, I guess.

6. And of course the BS of how everyone (in-universe) thinks that Dororo and Hyakkimaru should be together, yet Hyakkimaru leaves immediately, without even saying good-bye. WTF, Hyakkimaru?
Jun 24, 2019 11:30 AM
Jul 2017
Ataraxette said:
IMHO Nui should have died in fire, but saved Tahoumaru even if he would have lost limb or two. Then Jukai could pick him up, made some prostetics for him and found new purpose in life.

That would have been a thousandfold better ending than what we've got.
Jun 24, 2019 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
still was hoping it would end happy and neutral as how wild developments have been past few episodes and it did afterall! it was more like enchance version of the 69 ending. The finale arc started with one of the worst episode from this series and then gradually became okay show.

overall the show was fine. shame like many mappa 2-cour this show too suffered from "longer than needed" but this one experienced the worst of all. writing was VERY inconsistent and less actions. Most importantly it had very weak payoff for mere having so slow draggy pacing.

Despite solid start, it was average remake overall struggled with adding with new stuff from the original. Sigh.
removed-userJun 24, 2019 11:38 AM
Jun 24, 2019 11:31 AM
Jul 2017
Nightshade_sh said:
Party is over, guys :") but i should be honest that i don't really like that type of ending. But, at least, Hyakki was alive!

I think the phase about what's coming next means: not for long!
Jun 24, 2019 11:40 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Finally the father accepts that he made the wrong decision to pact with the demons instead of riding out and letting his son live and grow up. A shame that it took the death of his wife, heir, a barren kingdom, and being spared by his son for him to figure it out.

The first half of the series was absolutely wonderful, the second half, a bit less so, but I still enjoyed this show massively. I will check out the manga now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 24, 2019 11:40 AM

Mar 2017
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I can't believe it ended. I'm so sad rn, such a good show, my mondays will never be the same :'(
Jun 24, 2019 11:45 AM

Apr 2013
Solid ending. Nothing too amazing but it was pretty good nonetheless. The show overall was pretty solid. The start of the show was fantastic but it kind of lost steam from there. It definitely had some slow parts and got off track a bit in the second cour, but it finished up relatively strong enough. Too bad we never got that perfect Dororo x Hyakkimaru ending. Other than for this tiny glimpse of "grownup" Dororo...

dankzelJun 24, 2019 12:17 PM
Jun 24, 2019 11:50 AM

Dec 2016
Great series! I felt like this last episode lacks something :/ was expecting more, which was kinda disappointing for some reason. Still, 8/10 for me :)
The comment Hyakkimaru gave Dororo about being pretty was very sweet X3

It would be great if it had a continuation like an OVA or a Movie, so we have to wait for some news ;)
PurpleGirl203Jun 24, 2019 11:53 AM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 24, 2019 11:53 AM

Feb 2013
I'm actually disappointed
did Jukai came all the way here just to die?
why Hyakkimaru mother have to die?
Tahoumaru !!???
all this great Characters dies and daigo lives?!!

Jun 24, 2019 11:58 AM
Apr 2011
Yikes. I didn't like anything about that ending.
Jun 24, 2019 12:00 PM

May 2018
god i like was yelling aloud WHAT WHAT YES HELL YEAH WHAT, i love open endings like this. god dororo grew up gorgeous, and so did hyakki.
"something more than blood and despair" :))

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 愛してる *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Jun 24, 2019 12:03 PM

Aug 2017
While I appreciate this kind of a morally gray territory from this show, there're a lot of side stories I felt them repetitive and annoying. The main story is average, more episodes would be better. 5/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 24, 2019 12:07 PM

Jun 2011
At first I want to give this anime 8 but later when they show adult Dororo I decided to give it 9
Teenager Dororo is so beautiful, just like Hyakkimaru said.

An OVA would be appreciated. I want to see more story between Dororo and Hyakkimaru. They separated for many years, How will their relationship develop when they finally meet again? The final scene is too short but breathtaking. You could see how handsome Hyakkimaru becomes. He looks more mature and my dear girl Dororo becomes very pretty.

Thank you MAPPA for remake this wonderful anime. Even though it has many flaws here and there, still very entertaining.
Jun 24, 2019 12:10 PM

Dec 2015
Last episode was pretty good. Enough for a 7/10.
Overall a good start and a lot of good episodic stories with nice side chars.
Then to the mid some good plot episodes.

2nd half got a bit weak with weaker episodic stories and Hyakkimaru got annoying - the main chars really were the greatest weakness of this anime.

Daigo, Tahomaru - and is 2 friends. They were nice. As well as the priest.
Jun 24, 2019 12:11 PM
Apr 2016
Pretty good ending in my opinion. I was expecting a sad ending, happy it ended on a positive note.
Jun 24, 2019 12:13 PM

May 2015
I'm honestly glad it had a (somewhat) happy ending, I just wanted the best for Hyakkimaru and Dororo. Sad that Tahomaru and their mother didn't survive as I was hoping they could all form a nice family (minus the father though because screw him) but I guess there had to be some sacrifices after everything that went down.

8/10. Older Dororo is so cute.

♡ artist
サコ
Jun 24, 2019 12:15 PM

Apr 2019
The party was really fun, too bad it's over.
The ending was satisfying imo. Hyakkimaru's fight is over so he doesn't have to kill anymore.
Solid remake for me 10/10.
Jun 24, 2019 12:16 PM

Oct 2017

this is what the end drain looks like.
1-23 episode 10\10
24 episode 1\10
disappointment
Space cowboy
Jun 24, 2019 12:19 PM

Nov 2017
8/10. This anime was really something (at least for me, learning about the waring states and such). And i also thought of a little bit different ending but i guess we can't have everything we want, right. Amazing ride nonetheless. Thank you Dororo.
Jun 24, 2019 12:20 PM

Mar 2014
I loved the finale. It was very Studio Ghibli-esque, with Dororo and Hyakkimaru parting ways and reuniting years later. I like that we got a happy ending, and I feel like a lot of the complaints I'm reading here are very picky. I enjoyed every minute of this whole anime, I was absolutely enthralled and I will miss it dearly.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dororo Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2019

138 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2019

136 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

109 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2019

181 by dspr »»
May 24, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2019

180 by iQiyi »»
May 18, 11:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.