Forum Settings
Forums

Ever laughed during a supposed emotional scene?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 23, 2019 7:49 AM

Sep 2018
Haxr57 said:
Lol yeah a lot of times, I was laughing at almost every emotional scene in jojo. I just can't take it seriously because of the bizarreness but still like it.

Lol at times I think those are meant to be funny. They say those supposedly emotional dialogues with such ridiculous expressions, just cannot not laugh.
Apr 23, 2019 7:57 AM

Jan 2019
i rarely do cant think of anything
except Another i guess
i laughed at pretty much everything in that one xD
especially the umbrella and elevator scenes, those were hilaaarious

Harshitsingh8890 said:
Pixel_Vapour said:
I laughed at the end of Code Geass R2.
now this one i can't accept it no matter what

must have hit his head xD
Apr 23, 2019 8:03 AM

Jun 2012
The scene where the little loli girl pushes Mayuri under a train, BY ACCIDENT! I was laughing way too hard at that scene, it was so dumb and it was supposed to be dramatic? Tragic? Traumatic? No, it wa hilarious.

Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Apr 23, 2019 8:08 AM
Feb 2017
Malevolent-Fae said:
The scene where the little loli girl pushes Mayuri under a train, BY ACCIDENT! I was laughing way too hard at that scene, it was so dumb and it was supposed to be dramatic? Tragic? Traumatic? No, it wa hilarious.

I didn't laugh during that scene, more like "Not again.....".
Apr 23, 2019 8:13 AM

Jun 2017
goodguygreg said:
It was one from Chapter 113 of SnK:

Laughed way too hard at this. It was supposed to be something emotional but the author turned it into a comedy scene.

This gets me every time.
I couldn't stop laughing after reading it.
http://steinsgate.jp/10th/ FGO:591,495,201 (NA)
Apr 23, 2019 8:15 AM

Aug 2017
Yes, every "emotional" scene in Violet Evargarden was so stupid that made me laugh, especially episode 10.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 23, 2019 8:25 AM

Dec 2018
SAO is low-hanging fruit but I was literally crying with laughter throughout the entirety of the villain confrontation scene in episode 24. I didn't even find it that funny, I was just in actual physical awe at how ludicrous it was.
Coach_KoroApr 23, 2019 8:33 AM
I MUST SOMEHOW MAKE SENSE OF OUR CONVOLUTED SITUATION
Apr 23, 2019 8:41 AM

May 2018
Whenever someone in Fairy Tail "dies". Gets me to grin every time.
Apr 23, 2019 8:53 AM

Jun 2012
ArrRti said:
Whenever someone in Fairy Tail "dies". Gets me to grin every time.

They need to implement a thumbs up or down feature so I can thumb this comment up.
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Apr 23, 2019 9:10 AM

Aug 2018
Gamefan121 said:
goodguygreg said:

Laughed way too hard at this. It was supposed to be something emotional but the author turned it into a comedy scene.

This gets me every time.
Yeah, this scene was even funnier than the one where Mikasa accuses Sasha of farting to cover up for Eren's fight with Jean.

BTW, Keith should stay away from Jaegers as much as possible. Earlier,
and now, his son's followers beat the crap out of him! XD
Apr 23, 2019 9:14 AM

Aug 2018
Gamefan121 said:
goodguygreg said:

This gets me every time.
Yeah, this scene was even funnier than the one where Mikasa accuses Sasha of farting to cover up for Eren's fight with Jean.

BTW, Keith should stay away from Jaegers as much as possible. Earlier,
and now, his son's followers beat the crap out of him! XD
Apr 23, 2019 10:23 AM
Jan 2019
Daphi said:
i rarely do cant think of anything
except Another i guess
i laughed at pretty much everything in that one xD
especially the umbrella and elevator scenes, those were hilaaarious

Harshitsingh8890 said:
now this one i can't accept it no matter what

must have hit his head xD
trying to be a wannabe elitist even hardcore watcher can agree this shit is emotional
Apr 23, 2019 1:08 PM

Aug 2018
The dog scene from Elfen Lied had me dying
Apr 23, 2019 1:15 PM
Aug 2018
Yeah I laugh all the time! Sometimes I feel bad about it when it’s supposed to be a really emotional or intense scene but whatever
Apr 23, 2019 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
Yes, the entire premise of Guilty Crown.
Apr 23, 2019 1:38 PM

Jul 2016
Plenty of times. Whenever anyone got killed off in Another I burst out laughing at the sheer ridiculousness of it. All of Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki also counts since the plot is just batsh*t insane and it takes itself way to seriously.
Apr 23, 2019 11:53 PM

Aug 2016
in almost every scene in Your Lie In April where someone decides to cry.
Apr 24, 2019 12:01 AM

Aug 2016
Dawson_Armstrong said:
I was laughing at the last thirty minutes of Kimi no Na Wa. By that point I'd completely lost interest in the movie, so I played the Benny Hill theme on loop over top of it, and it vastly improved my experience.
Lmfao that is amazing xD I should try that
Apr 24, 2019 12:43 AM
Nov 2016
I laughed at okabe when he realized he can’t save her
Apr 24, 2019 1:11 AM

Feb 2019
goodguygreg said:

Shadis looking like Yamcha here lmao
Apr 24, 2019 7:39 AM

Oct 2015
The "I don't know" part of When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace. It's just absurd how a stupid harem show suddenly tries to go full-blown social commentary out of nowhere. I can't help but burst out laughing lol.
Apr 24, 2019 8:43 AM
Oct 2018
pretty much all of anohana

idk y it made anyone cry, such a garbage
--
Apr 24, 2019 12:13 PM

Dec 2017
I mean, Kare Kano tends to balance the emotional scenes with a spurt of comedy in the middle of them soooooo

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Apr 24, 2019 1:01 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty much every backstory in Erased tbh. They are hilarious

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Apr 24, 2019 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
some anime like devilman crybaby original and God I forgot that one anime shit.
Apr 24, 2019 3:05 PM

Jul 2015
Irodoku ending.

I was hoping that finally after 13 episodes of no story development, during which literally nothing happened, something finally will, but in the end we just had bunch of completely irrelevant characters, who did not contributed to the story whatsoever trying to be emotional about the farewell and shit, which just ended being a parody of Angel Beats.

Then I started laughing, when I realized that I wasted like two and a half hours watching this crap, which I could spend on something productive, like peeling potatoes or doing laundry.

Apr 24, 2019 6:43 PM

Oct 2017
Most of the time. It's a common way of deflecting sadness or any unwanted emotions. I suppose it could be compared to dark humor - take something commonly accepted as taboo or emotionally charged and turn it into a simple joke.

Can't pinpoint a specific anime, show or book, but I probably laughed a couple of time at death scenes. Well, that also could be because they were badly executed.

I don't think it's ever "f-up" to laugh, as long as you are able to acknowledge that the situation in itself shouldn't be laughing matter.
Apr 24, 2019 7:19 PM

Nov 2017
Greyleaf said:
Yeah, the "emotional" ending scene of Angel Beats. I was so taken aback by the enormous plot hole presented in that moment that I couldn't help but laugh.

Although I didn't laugh I was pretty baffled by the ridiculous plot hole too.
Apr 24, 2019 7:43 PM
Jan 2018
I barely stick with any show that tries to force any sad emotions onto me. I just can't tolerate it.

That said, I will mention some.
The backstory of the guy in Clannad just felt rushed.
Tokidoki had a pretty stupid ending.
Plastic Memories' first episode was very convenient for the characters.
Orange is just a stupid show in general.

And last but not least, the main one I can remember is Episode 10 of SAO: Alicization.
SPOLIERS
Holy fuck, the entire thing was so poorly excecuted, my favorite things were:
Ripping off the Berserk rape scene... for a second time.
The cartoony villain tongues.
The villain jumping to the bed like a goddamn wrestler.
The faces were like from a comedy scenes, and they lingered a lot.
"MY LIFE IS DECREASING"
Apr 24, 2019 8:46 PM

Oct 2017
As most people mention every huge plot hole spoils the moment and makes us laugh instead.

IMHO the funniest ''sad moment'' was in Mirai Nikki
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Apr 24, 2019 10:32 PM

Apr 2016
Yes, almost all of them in fact. especially fairy tail, fucking shite think it earns the fucking pay off even though there's less than zero stake in the fucking garbage excuse they call writing.
Apr 25, 2019 1:02 AM

Sep 2018
there were a few scene's in Re Zero with Betelgeuse that I didn't know whether to laugh or cry because of how comically insane he is xd

Apr 25, 2019 3:04 AM

Nov 2017
died in Akame Ga Kill. Annoying brat.
๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ?
๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ.

¡วษฏ ษฅส‡แด‰ส วษนวษฅ uแด‰ สžษ”nส‡s วษน,noโ…„
Apr 25, 2019 4:11 AM

Jul 2015
goodguygreg said:
KatsutoSaki said:

He said that intentionally so they wouldn't hesitate beating him up.

It was a bit funny and sad for me.
That was really considerate of him.

Holy shit what's that, a cheap doujin? >.> By SnK, you mean Shingeki no Kyojin? That's how the manga looks? @_@
Apr 25, 2019 4:33 AM

Aug 2018
Deathko said:
By SnK, you mean Shingeki no Kyojin? That's how the manga looks? @_@
Umm... yes.
It is its author's debut work and he has a "rough" art style. But the art has actually improved over the years.
Apr 25, 2019 4:37 AM
Jul 2017
Anytime Highschool DxD tries to be emotional I just can’t take it seriously.
Apr 25, 2019 4:43 AM

Apr 2017
I giggled on the part of Fate/Zero where Kiritsugu yelling in a boat or ship.
That scene supposedly be sad. Too bad for me.

Some Anime characters that having mental breakdown/goes insane makes me giggled for some reason.
Apr 25, 2019 4:45 AM
Dec 2017
There were several times where I laughed while watching King's Game. The one emotional scene I remember is basically where this one character is doing research or something for Nobuaki and then the "King" causes them to die. The way they animated the death scene was funny even though I don't think it was supposed to be... I felt bad for laughing though..
Apr 25, 2019 4:57 AM

Jul 2015
goodguygreg said:
Deathko said:
By SnK, you mean Shingeki no Kyojin? That's how the manga looks? @_@
Umm... yes.
It is its author's debut work and he has a "rough" art style. But the art has actually improved over the years.

Yep, got nothing against rough art styles myself, but damn those faces, or the instructor's arm in the 11th panel >.>.
Apr 25, 2019 5:05 AM

Aug 2018
Deathko said:
the instructor's arm in the 11th panel >.>.
Yeah, I also noticed that. XD

I, too, was surprised at the art style of such a popular manga when I first read it. I had a hard time comprehending the action scenes. But now, I'm used to it.
Apr 25, 2019 5:09 AM

Sep 2013
I laughed a lot during the L death scene in death note, not because of the death but because kira was all cocky and laughing I couldn't hold my shit on what an asshole he was lmao
Apr 25, 2019 8:42 AM

Mar 2017
I laughed during every "emotional" scene in Your Lie in April. The show was so childish and forces its drama that I couldn't take it seriously. One of the shittiest anime I've watched.
Apr 25, 2019 9:28 AM

Jul 2014
I laughed during
in Sword Art Online because of how contrived the developments and dialogue in the scene felt tbh.
Take care of yourself

Apr 25, 2019 9:50 AM

Mar 2017
Frequently. A couple examples...

Fate/Stay/Night: Unlimited Blade Works:

Fist of the North Star:

ALL of Mars of Destruction.

Too many moments from Code Geass to count.
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Apr 25, 2019 9:51 AM

Mar 2019
Yeah I laughed when Ace died because I hate him and I hate Luffy lol
Apr 25, 2019 10:01 AM

Oct 2012
That scene where that girl in chaos heads got harassed by hoards of people who would hold up mirrors to her and scream WHO ARE YOUUU

Good shit
Apr 25, 2019 10:07 AM

Mar 2019
Deathko said:
Pretty much every tragic moment or death scene in Technolyze had me either laughing really hard in front of my computer, or rolling my eyes.

I could have agreed with you, but then your favorites gave me cancer.
Apr 25, 2019 10:13 AM

Jul 2015
Zerxeez_ said:
Deathko said:
Pretty much every tragic moment or death scene in Technolyze had me either laughing really hard in front of my computer, or rolling my eyes.

I could have agreed with you, but then your favorites gave me cancer.

I don't expect someone with punpun or one of its chars in favs to like mine (^:
Apr 25, 2019 10:14 AM

Dec 2013
Yeah, I forgot what movie I was watching with my family but apparently someone really important died in the movie and they were grieving but I just busted out laughing for some reason. I got nothing but dirty looks from them after that.
Apr 25, 2019 10:58 AM
Dec 2018
Has to be re:zero. Whenever subaru makes that painful, twisted facial expression after some deaths I just couldn't stop laughing. The exaggerated response, over-the-top facial expression on that already pretty stupid and annoying face, that asinine plot, I never laughed so hard in any other comedy. This is the classical example of a show trying to put too much torture and pain and feel that went too far into a stupid, hilarious pile of nothingness.
A little bit of precision for a large amount of clarity
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why do you dislike historical anime?

perseii - 9 hours ago

26 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» Would anime be better if they started to use more adult casts? ( 1 2 )

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 5

77 by offcrack »»
15 minutes ago

» Do you look down on people who watch dubbed anime? ( 1 2 )

Iron_Leopard - Jun 7

57 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
16 minutes ago

» What is your first impression on studio (part-6) : KYOANI? ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Jan 9

64 by Kattvalp »»
23 minutes ago

» Your Waifu 3x3 ( 1 2 3 )

DyingLytes - Jun 25, 2022

146 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
26 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.