Forum Settings
Forums

Anime that will always have a special place in your heart?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 15, 2019 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
Jojo: I feel like this series was made for me: the wackiness, the humour, the WTF aspects, the cool characters.

Natsume's Book of Friends: this anime has greatly helped me when I was going through a period of stress.

Monster: mind-blowing plot, themes, and characters.
Apr 15, 2019 7:22 AM
Nov 2015
Inuyasha I guess. Because this anime made me met someone that until now become my best friend for almost 10 years.
Apr 15, 2019 7:37 AM
Sep 2018
Yu Yu Hakusho is probably my favorite of all time but, I know that it isn't very good or popular in comparison to other big name jump anime adaptations. However, every time I rewatch it I get this feeling that nothing else can give me.
“It is my perception that a true friend never relies on another's dream. A person with the potential to be my true friend must be able to find his reason for life without my help. And, he would have to put his heart and soul into protecting his dream. He would never hesitate to fight for his dream, even against me.”

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 15, 2019 7:41 AM

May 2016
the first anime I watched that wasn't pokemon or bakugan etc. was SAO and even though it's kinda garbage it'll always be something I love (even if the latter seasons are meh)

Apr 15, 2019 7:44 AM

Dec 2015
Orange Road, because it was the first "cute" / "sweet" TV show I ever show and everything felt noostalgic even though I was aa 3-5 year old kids in the 90s.

Evangelion, the only TV show I watched that felt like an epiphany (thanks to its finale). Of course, it was pretty great before too but the finale made it "something more".
Apr 15, 2019 8:30 AM

Dec 2012
Tough question because all my favs have something special but I think Inuyasha will always be the one I have the strongest emotional attachment to... I watched it during hard times in my childhood and the best part of the day was coming home to watch Inuyasha on Cartoon Network. Just listening to the OPs / EDs again gives me the chills... bruh
Apr 15, 2019 8:40 AM

Apr 2016
School days will have a special place in my head.

Wait
"Nothing in this world is coincidence. Everything is hitsuzen."

Apr 15, 2019 9:01 AM
Aug 2018
Hunter x hunter
Haikyuu
Black Butler
Apr 15, 2019 9:04 AM

Jan 2017
The Dragonball series as a whole. If you break it down with no bias whatsoever its not good but growing up on it makes me always look past it's faults and enjoy every minute
Apr 15, 2019 9:06 AM

Jul 2017
Sword Art Online, as Meh as it may be, I owe it a lot for making me into the weeb I am today.
Apr 15, 2019 9:12 AM

Nov 2010
I wanna say Dragon Ball Z since I loved that anime to death ever since I was young and it was a major influence in me in eventually becoming an anime fan. It is also the only anime I've watched several times.

But Welcome to the NHK is IMO the best anime I've ever seen and the only anime I was able to relate to so much. Every episode I was either laughing so hard or to the brink of tears. It is also the only anime I've rated to a 10.
Apr 15, 2019 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
Little Busters is the first anime that i watched and the anime that made me a weeb
Apr 15, 2019 9:50 AM

Nov 2016
Fairy Tail since it was what got me interested in the medium, but also various others such as Wolf Children and Hotarubi no Mori e, which deeply resonated with my childhood emotions, as well as Free! with characters I could relate to and enjoyed heavily. Also pretty much anything I have been in the fandom of (Soul Eater, JoJo, Yuri!!! on Ice, Black Butler).
currently: doing my best!

Apr 15, 2019 9:54 AM

Jul 2013
Sailor Moon cause it's what led me to collecting manga.
It will always have a special place in my heart.
Apr 15, 2019 10:04 AM

Aug 2012
Inuyasha Yuyu Hakusho Slayers Bakemonogatari DMC
And pirates of the dark water
Apr 15, 2019 10:11 AM
Sep 2017
SAO I wouldn´t be typing this if I haven´t watch SAO.
Apr 15, 2019 10:13 AM

Jul 2014
Neon Genesis Evangelion. As a teenager who could relate to Shinji to some degree, the show really spoke to me and helped shape my outlook on life. Also Dragon Ball for nostalgic reasons.
Take care of yourself

Apr 15, 2019 10:22 AM

Dec 2018
Inuyasha for its nostalgia and chill adventure vibes.

DBZ and Pokemon for being profoundly large parts of my childhood before I knew what “anime” was.

Naruto for being the best anime ever, by incomparable margins.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Apr 15, 2019 10:56 AM
Oct 2018
Death Note, it's the anime that got me into anime, one of the only 2 anime I can bare rewatching and have rewatched (I dislike rewatching).
Apr 15, 2019 11:26 AM
Dec 2018
Full metal alchemist will always be very special to me because it told not to give up
Apr 15, 2019 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
PriPara, Yuusha de Aru series, Madoka Magica, and Steins;Gate. They're all amazing and were a big turning point for me in my animu watching journey.
Apr 15, 2019 11:53 AM

Nov 2017
Everything that is in my favorites.

plz @ me
Apr 15, 2019 11:56 AM

Dec 2017
Maid Dragon helped me come to terms with myself a while back and Evangelion did so again when I finally understood it and started having another rough patch in my life

I'll keep wishing for a world where you can be happy.

Apr 15, 2019 11:57 AM

Oct 2013
Fullmetal Alchemist. It was my gateway drug....I mean anime.
Apr 15, 2019 12:14 PM

May 2017
Akame ga kill, i was really fond of characters and ending put me into depression for days, also Madoka
Apr 15, 2019 12:35 PM
Oct 2018
Slam dunk and Naruto will always hold a special place in my heart
Apr 15, 2019 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
definitely Naruto because ist my first anime, but i connect a lot of Things with many anime and get emotional About it
Apr 15, 2019 1:09 PM
Feb 2018
Ashita no Joe, first time i ever felt inspired, really.

And this thread very less of FMA, its one of the top favorite anime on mal but very few people hold it in their hearts...sad.
Apr 15, 2019 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
I'll just put my blog here:
My Favorite Anime
PS: Number 7 is no longer in my favorites.
And if you're not bothered to read the blog:
removed-userApr 15, 2019 1:29 PM
Apr 15, 2019 1:39 PM

Feb 2019
Azumanga Daioh! I got big nostalgia for it when I saw Gabriel Dropout, but I've gotta say Gabriel Dropout is better.
Apr 15, 2019 2:09 PM

Apr 2019
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, without a doubt. Dragon Maid was the first anime that really set the anime chapter in my life. No, it wasn't my first anime, and no it wasn't the anime that got me into the genera. But it was truly the anime that made me actually want to watch more. Without Dragon Maid, I doubt I would have never found out that I really do like the genera, and I would have completely missed out. Yea, I had watched some other animes, but I really didn't love any of them. I didn't want to continue the series, cause it was always going to be the same. But now I think much differently of anime, and really do enjoy it.

Thanks to Dragon Maid im a weeb. ;-;
Apr 15, 2019 2:13 PM

Nov 2018
Attack on titan, i've watched the first season 15 times and I regret nothing. Also code geass because that ending.
Apr 15, 2019 2:15 PM

Sep 2016
Shaman King, my first ever anime, I won't forget where I started from.
Hence a special place in my heart.
Apr 15, 2019 2:32 PM

Aug 2015
Clannad, Clannad After Story. I still love listening to the OSTs.
Apr 15, 2019 5:32 PM

Oct 2017
erased probably that shit made me cry like a mf
Apr 15, 2019 6:10 PM
Apr 2018
Sailor Moon. I watched it for the first time as a grown-up and after 6 years, I will always cherish it in my heart. No other series will ever come close to what I feel towards Sailor Moon.
Apr 15, 2019 6:34 PM
Jan 2017
SAO...…..I know, I know it isn't the most loved anime but before I watched SAO the only anime I watched were Pokémon and Digimon. When I first saw SAO it blew my f**king mind. I thought nothing could compare with it for my very very very early times as an anime watcher, but I believe without SAO I wouldn't be the same person I am today.
Apr 15, 2019 6:41 PM

Oct 2018
FOOOOLY COOOLY. I absolutely love the animation in this show. In the beginning when there was the animated manga scene, I cried tears of joy because of the beauty.
Apr 15, 2019 7:05 PM

Dec 2018
Darling in the FranXX is my favorite anime and it will always be special to me because it was the anime that really helped my anime watching take off.

I watched essentially 4 anime prior not fully understanding the medium or watching with a purpose. Due the my personal emotional attachment to the series and the series's bittersweet ending, I began to crave more of the emotional satisfaction as well as some sort of personal conclusion to the rather heartbreaking ending. It's kinda ironic now because after watching several more emotional shows, I realize there isn't much of a way to satisfy a tearful ending to an anime except to watch more.

I am well aware that the anime has many flaws, especially how rushed the ending was and the unanswered major plot holes, but I owe almost my life to it. I was primarily playing video games before I got into anime and I was bored of it. The same old formula just replayed in different ways was getting boring. Most of all, I was struggling emotionally from depression and a lack of friends. I never went out to hang out, much less talk to anyone in school. I began to act up a little from what I believe was a want to feel. Anime brought me back. I began to reconnect with emotions I forgot I had and I realized sadness isn't always bad, cause everything needs to end and the bittersweet sadness is what makes life. Another thing to note is that no matter what ends in your life, anime is always there to go back and rewatch which I love. Hearing certain anime openings can bring me back to different times and I remember everything happening during my life at the time I watched that show.
It took some time but in real life, I found new friends as well. I connected with other anime watchers and we all started watching seasonal anime and discussing it every week. It gave me something to look forward to in life and frankly, it was the only social interaction I had. But it was enough, and I was glad for it.

I fully support Darling in the FranXX for multiple reasons. The animation style was just right for me with not much exaggerated and low-detail gag drawings. The soundtrack is by far my favorite, I have it all downloaded on my phone and computer. The characters were somewhat diverse and could have been used for a lot more if they extended the series. The storyline would have been great if it weren't for the abrupt explanation to everything. Episode 13, The Beast and the Prince, is by far my favorite episode of an anime ever. It gave much needed emotional attachment and depth to the two main characters. It was what boosted the anime so much more for me. This anime had the right mix of action, slice-of-life, drama, and romance for me. I even bought the DVD and I plan on purchasing the book (not the manga, I'm already reading that) as well.

To sum it up, Darling in the FranXX is the anime that started my anime watching and by doing that, it saved my life from emotional problems I was having at the time.
Apr 15, 2019 7:28 PM

Oct 2015
probably hunter x hunter, it's the only longest anime i've completed and i've always loved the story and the characters.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Apr 15, 2019 7:42 PM

Apr 2019
gatsu no lion for me best slice of life anime IMO i would say manga but oyasumi punpun exists
Apr 15, 2019 7:49 PM

Aug 2009
Dragon Ball Z as the earliest form of a power fantasy that I can remember in 96, though I wouldn't recognize anime as anime until years later.

Fullmetal Alchemist which is the "first" anime that I watched in 2006 and was a pretty great show to start on after seeing clips of it in AMV Hell.

Neon Genesis Evangelion for setting a pretty high bar for how mature anime could be to me at the time I started watching anime, and it was the show that got me started in the GFX and AMV arts in 2009. And also because of AMV Hell.

And of course Ikkitousen for showing me that an series don't have to be "good" in order to be entertaining, specifically as a foil to Evangelion, and it's become my niche for anime wallpapers and AMVs since 2010.

And the honorable mention goes to Yu-Gi-Oh! for Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged.

Apr 15, 2019 8:03 PM
Sep 2018
Tokyo Ghoul. It was the anime that made me a fan. I really love Tokyo Ghoul even if a lot of people say is bad
Apr 15, 2019 8:08 PM

Jan 2012
Clannad is definitely number one for me. No show has made me feel that level of emotion ever.

Dragon Ball Z and Yu Yu Hakusho because nostalgia.

Bakemonogatari simply because it hit every genre that I am into perfectly for me.

Oh, I can't forget about the Tokyo Ghoul anime adaptation. I have never been so disappointed in a show in my life.. well, besides Guilty Crown.
Apr 15, 2019 8:12 PM
Apr 2019
Eureka Seven.

It's not a great series, and Johnny Young Bosch does his most annoying whiny sniveling voice the entire time. It still emotionally impacted me for some reason. The main crew was dysfunctional, and for some reason I felt a genuine tragic love from the whole thing. I can't explain why such an average anime would blow me away like that, but it did. It will always be my most emotionally touching show.
Apr 16, 2019 3:28 AM

Jan 2018
Nyaicu said:
Clannad is definitely number one for me. No show has made me feel that level of emotion ever.

Dragon Ball Z and Yu Yu Hakusho because nostalgia.

Bakemonogatari simply because it hit every genre that I am into perfectly for me.

Oh, I can't forget about the Tokyo Ghoul anime adaptation. I have never been so disappointed in a show in my life.. well, besides Guilty Crown.

I definitely have a special place for guilty crown in my heart... well the really shitty kind of 'special'

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 16, 2019 8:26 AM

Apr 2019
Tokyo ghoul as it was what got me into anime culture. Also Princess Mononoke as is was the first anime I watched without even knowing what "Anime" was.
Apr 16, 2019 9:37 AM

Dec 2015
Hetalia for sure. Not because i think its some amazing anime everyone should watch (its pretty good but i know its not everyones kind of thing lmao) but its what got me into anime and i met so many lovely people through it. Without Hetalia i dont think theyd be such a big part of my life now so it holds a really big place in my heart
Apr 16, 2019 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
Blue Submarine No. 6. Back in the day I would try and watch it every time it came on Toonami. Ended up buying it later and it's still one of my favorite movies, even if it hasn't aged so well.

Recently, Banana Fish, I am so wounded and my never recover.
Apr 16, 2019 1:56 PM

May 2016
i would have to say hxh (2011) since it was the first anime i watched that was really long. because of that i got invested to the characters a lot

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Why I won't check out anime based on PC visual novels

littlepaul1002 - 34 minutes ago

6 by Icymatika »»
1 minute ago

» Do you skip anime scenes or episodes?

Johnny65 - Yesterday

37 by Daviljoe193 »»
15 minutes ago

» Is your waifu inspired by other waifus?

Catalano - 1 hour ago

4 by Dumb »»
19 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7404 by TheBigGuy »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » bad ending means a bad show?

deg - 7 hours ago

22 by Cludensyo »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.