Forum Settings
Forums

Mueller Finds No Trump-Russia Conspiracy, but Stops Short of Exonerating President on Obstruction

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 25, 2019 6:18 PM

Mar 2008
Thrashinuva said:
traed said:

“while this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him
Your vocabulary must be as limited as Trump's. So bad. So sad.
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/exonerate
Because there was nothing to exonerate.

That isn't true. He has made multiple actions that brought him into question of obstruction.
Mar 25, 2019 7:01 PM

Oct 2012
The definition of conservatism has to be someone who respects the law of the land, the Constitution, the traditional moral and values. Yet, somebody thinks investigation into crimes against the country, if none were found, is a "waste of time"?? One could only conclude that he isn't really a conservative, but some radical liberal, like more liberal than anyone in the Democratic party, who are at least trying to support the country. It would be interesting to see the opinion of actual conservatives, not anarchists or foreign agents rooting for the undermining of the Constitution.

Fortunately for you guys, the investigation ended in the sentencing of numerous people involved in the Trump election, and undeniable proof of Russian interference in the election, so it was not a "waste of time".
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2019 7:56 PM

May 2010
traed said:
Thrashinuva said:
Because there was nothing to exonerate.

That isn't true. He has made multiple actions that brought him into question of obstruction.
Through your own definitions, I'm sure that's true.
Mar 25, 2019 9:40 PM

Oct 2012
Thrashinuva said:
traed said:

You don't understand the difference between having insufficient evidence to prove guilt versus having evidence to prove not guilty. Trump was not exonerated for having relations with Russia, and he was certainly not exonerated for obstruction, which there is plenty of evidence of. Obstruction is the act of attempting to prevent proper investigation by lying, telling incomplete truths, deleting files, instructing others not to say certain things, firing people involved in the investigation, coercing or bribing investigators, etc., and does not require the person, Trump, to be guilty of anything he is obstructing.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 26, 2019 4:46 AM

Oct 2014
traed said:
Thrashinuva said:
lol

A: The investigation was never obstructed. Nothing was obstructed.
B: Even if the investigation was "obstructed" by him going on Twitter and saying the investigation was a sham, since he committed no crimes, there was no justice to obstruct.
C: The report itself says so.

Give it up.

“while this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him
Your vocabulary must be as limited as Trump's. So bad. So sad.
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/exonerate

Ever heard of "in dubio pro reo"?
No one needs to prove Trump's innocence.
Those who want to convict him must prove his guilt.
Until then Trump is innocent. Period. That's how the justice system of Western Civilisation works, or rather it's its pillar. If this ever gets lost, then you might soon find yourself in a totalitarian regime.
Mar 26, 2019 5:09 AM

Jun 2015
its fucking crazy how seriously people take stuff like this and pizzagate. I think most people use stuff like this as an escape from their boring lives but I could be wrong. Try enjoying yourselves instead of caring about something you cant fix even if it was real :), some of you seem a little too strung out over this.
Mar 26, 2019 8:08 AM

Nov 2016
Poor hardcore lefties. Trump clowned them during the election and now he's doing it again.
Mar 26, 2019 8:47 AM

Jun 2016
Ivich said:
Nothing will change, these people believed in the Russiagate shit for 2+ years with zero evidence. There is absolutely no chance they will stop believing it because of contrary evidence. The larger issue here is that the media can get people to believe anything with no evidence or proof.

There's plenty of evidence to support it.

Trump having business deals in Russia, and repeatedly lying about it, while coincedentally making pro Putin statements

Trump himself asked Russia to hack the DNC.

Trump hired Flynn despite being told he was in bed with the Russians

Trump's son held a meeting with what he believed were agents of the Russian government to get dirt on Hillary and failed only because he was duped.

That's tons of shady stuff surrounding Trump and Russia.
Mar 26, 2019 10:13 AM

Apr 2017
Was there collusion? On some level, yes? Is Trump guilty? Most likely. Is Trump unfit to be president? Yes.
But come on, most politicians are unfit to serve and are corrupt. It's just that most of them have a better poker face than Trump and aren't as offensive on screen.

Really, it's more about not liking Trump's policies, so they want to get rid of him. Not really sure why people want to get rid of Trump and his agenda when he can't seem to pass any legislature anyway. Right now the only damage he's doing is to the country's image.
Mar 26, 2019 10:27 AM

Jan 2009
WoIf said:
Was there collusion? On some level, yes? Is Trump guilty? Most likely. Is Trump unfit to be president? Yes.
But come on, most politicians are unfit to serve and are corrupt. It's just that most of them have a better poker face than Trump and aren't as offensive on screen.

Really, it's more about not liking Trump's policies, so they want to get rid of him. Not really sure why people want to get rid of Trump and his agenda when he can't seem to pass any legislature anyway. Right now the only damage he's doing is to the country's image.

he already repealed a lot of Obama's laws though especially when it comes to environment protection and he is a climate change denier too so that alone makes him so bad

plus he made one big law that is anti-poor which is the huge tax cut that benefited the rich more while it will make the social safety nets and other social programs suffer
Mar 26, 2019 10:29 AM

Apr 2017
deg said:
WoIf said:

he already repealed a lot of Obama's laws though especially when it comes to environment protection and he is a climate change denier too so that alone makes him so bad

plus he made one big law that is anti-poor which is the huge tax cut that benefited the rich more while it will make the social safety nets and other social programs suffer

those are good points. funny how I forgot that stuff. I was pretty mad about it for a while
Mar 26, 2019 10:38 AM

Jun 2008
Yup...saw this coming.

It was gonna be almost impossible to prove collusion...which is why that’s NOT what they should’ve been investigating.

The investigation should be on Campaign finance misappropriation, and the straight up money laundering this mother fucker is part of.

But whatever, the Right-Wing have already said he’s been “exonerated” (which he hasn’t) and the rest of the media will go along with it.

What an absolute shit show to the most dysfunctional President ever to be elected.

P.S At least we didn’t ban memes like Europe and are not nose diving into the dark abyss like UK...that’s something I guess!
Mar 26, 2019 10:55 AM

May 2010
katsucats said:
Thrashinuva said:
You don't understand the difference between having insufficient evidence to prove guilt versus having evidence to prove not guilty. Trump was not exonerated for having relations with Russia, and he was certainly not exonerated for obstruction, which there is plenty of evidence of. Obstruction is the act of attempting to prevent proper investigation by lying, telling incomplete truths, deleting files, instructing others not to say certain things, firing people involved in the investigation, coercing or bribing investigators, etc., and does not require the person, Trump, to be guilty of anything he is obstructing.

Insufficient evidence to prove guilt means you're proven innocent. That's how the American legal system, and most legal systems in the world, work.

Trump was never convicted of anything, and thus he was never exonerated for anything, because there was nothing to exonerate, which is what the term means. He was found not to have any collusion with Russia, nor anyone close to him having any collusion with Russia. Even if you could label Trump as having done any amount of obstruction whatsoever, none of it would have been obstruction of "justice". Any actual attempts at providing justice were not even attempt by Trump to obstruct, such as with the Manafort case. Meanwhile along with Russia collusion there was no justice to be had, and therefore no justice to obstruct.

The report essentially said that no amount of investigation would be able to prove any wrong doing on Trumps part or on his team. Maybe he farted in the wind while no one was looking, but no one will be able to know.

But no amount of crystal clear information will ever be able to convince any one of you, so I'm not going to keep at this. Think what you want, the rest of the world will move along without you.
Mar 26, 2019 12:09 PM

Jun 2016
Thrashinuva said:

nor anyone close to him having any collusion with Russia.

Did you forget about Micheal Flynn working for the Kremlin and lying about it, or Trump Jr. trying to get dirt on Hillary from the Russian government?
Mar 26, 2019 12:13 PM

May 2010
Anti-Agelast said:
Thrashinuva said:

nor anyone close to him having any collusion with Russia.

Did you forget about Micheal Flynn working for the Kremlin and lying about it, or Trump Jr. trying to get dirt on Hillary from the Russian government?
No I did not forget, and neither did the investigation report.
Mar 26, 2019 5:17 PM

Mar 2008
Thrashinuva said:
katsucats said:

Insufficient evidence to prove guilt means you're proven innocent. That's how the American legal system, and most legal systems in the world, work.

Trump was never convicted of anything, and thus he was never exonerated for anything, because there was nothing to exonerate, which is what the term means. He was found not to have any collusion with Russia, nor anyone close to him having any collusion with Russia. Even if you could label Trump as having done any amount of obstruction whatsoever, none of it would have been obstruction of "justice". Any actual attempts at providing justice were not even attempt by Trump to obstruct, such as with the Manafort case. Meanwhile along with Russia collusion there was no justice to be had, and therefore no justice to obstruct.

The report essentially said that no amount of investigation would be able to prove any wrong doing on Trumps part or on his team. Maybe he farted in the wind while no one was looking, but no one will be able to know.

But no amount of crystal clear information will ever be able to convince any one of you, so I'm not going to keep at this. Think what you want, the rest of the world will move along without you.

That's not how it works in investigations. An investigation is not a trial.
Mar 27, 2019 3:59 AM

Dec 2016
Watching Don Lemon having to report what Mueller found was amazing. XD
"He skipped like a stone on time's ocean. This is what's left." -
Unknown
Mar 27, 2019 9:45 AM

Nov 2016
Funny how even with an investigation that took over two years, people still can't accept the results. They'll cling to their beliefs no matter what.

Sorry guys, but secret Russian Agent Donald Trump doesn't exist. Just accept that he's a slimy billionaire with international business dealings all over the world.
Mar 27, 2019 5:19 PM

Aug 2018
Even after finding no evidence of this "conspiracy" some people keep blaming him. It's so funny.
Mar 28, 2019 2:20 AM

Aug 2009
I am not surprised that there was no Russian collusion. The whole Russian collusion was nothing more than a conspiracy theory by die hard anti-Trumpers in order to delegitimize the president. In elections the losers try to make up bull shit conspiracy theories about the winner in order to delegitimize that winner. For example when Obama was president a tiny handful of losers tried to claim he wasn't born in the US, had a fake birth certificate or somehow gave up his citizenship. When George W. Bush was president a whole bunch of losers claimed he stole the election twice, lied for war, went awol on national guard duty and masterminded 911. I am sure losers after the next presidential election will make up things about that president as well. Although I don't see the media giving any credence to any conspiracy theories about a democrat president like they did the ones about Trump and Bush.
Mar 28, 2019 2:24 AM

Jul 2015
ezikialrage said:
I am not surprised that there was no Russian collusion. The whole Russian collusion was nothing more than a conspiracy theory by die hard anti-Trumpers in order to delegitimize the president. In elections the losers try to make up bull shit conspiracy theories about the winner in order to delegitimize that winner. For example when Obama was president a tiny handful of losers tried to claim he wasn't born in the US, had a fake birth certificate or somehow gave up his citizenship. When George W. Bush was president a whole bunch of losers claimed he stole the election twice, lied for war, went awol on national guard duty and masterminded 911. I am sure losers after the next presidential election will make up things about that president as well. Although I don't see the media giving any credence to any conspiracy theories about a democrat president like they did the ones about Trump and Bush.

am feel bad about bush.
he had to deal with 9/11, subsequent invasions and anti-terrorism campaigns in middle east, hurricane Katrina, then housing crash. one disaster after another.
no matter how he could have responded to any of those events, people blamed him lol
Mar 28, 2019 4:48 AM

Apr 2017
ezikialrage said:
For example when Obama was president a tiny handful of losers tried to claim he wasn't born in the US, had a fake birth certificate or somehow gave up his citizenship.

You realize your beloved orangutan was a leading figure in that conspiracy theory?
Mar 28, 2019 4:51 AM

Jan 2009
ezikialrage said:

there is no Trump-Russia collusion but Mueller proven that Russia interfered with the election there to help elect Trump and that was the claim of the whole intelligence community there in USA too so that is where people got suspicious that Trump and Russia colluded

either way you got a bigger problem that your election was compromise and in the future it will be too if you do not take any actions about it
Mar 28, 2019 1:20 PM

Jan 2009
Adam Schiff: You may think it’s okay how Trump and his associates interacted with Russians during the campaign. I don’t. https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1111289977143545856

after watching that video it made me realize that the collusion laws there in USA should be updated since Trump and Russia cleverly exploited the shortcomings or loopholes of those collusion laws lol

and also

Mueller Report Exceeds 300 Pages, Raising Questions About Four-Page Summary
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/28/us/politics/mueller-report-length.html

Mar 29, 2019 3:20 PM

May 2013
We will literally be talking about this conspiracy for decades... god damn...
Mar 31, 2019 7:25 AM

Oct 2014
Just stumbled upon this. With this it's probably even harder now to charge Trump with "obstruction of justice" or to prove his "intent" as being so.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39866767#
Mar 31, 2019 5:05 PM

Aug 2009
deg said:
ezikialrage said:

there is no Trump-Russia collusion but Mueller proven that Russia interfered with the election there to help elect Trump and that was the claim of the whole intelligence community there in USA too so that is where people got suspicious that Trump and Russia colluded

either way you got a bigger problem that your election was compromise and in the future it will be too if you do not take any actions about it
What the Russians did at most is negligible compared to what the media is doing with their intent to influence elections. The Media tried to set Trump up to win the republican primary so Clinton can have an easy victory and it back fired on them. So for the past couple of years they were peddling a fake Trump Russian conspiracy theory and it blew up in their face. The only people who actually thought Trump colluded with Russia most likely listen to whatever the leftist version of Alex Jones.
Apr 1, 2019 4:22 PM

Nov 2016
Heh.. it kinda occurred to me that anti-trump people should be HAPPY he wasn't colluding with Russia. Instead, they're upset that he wasn't a traitor to his country. ROFL
Apr 1, 2019 4:54 PM

Mar 2011
SpamuraiSensei said:
Heh.. it kinda occurred to me that anti-trump people should be HAPPY he wasn't colluding with Russia. Instead, they're upset that he wasn't a traitor to his country. ROFL
I find that and Pro-Trump people happy he didn't collude but might've obstructed LOL

Politics is fun and a bonding experience.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Apr 1, 2019 5:00 PM

May 2010
ezikialrage said:
The only people who actually thought Trump colluded with Russia most likely listen to whatever the leftist version of Alex Jones.
The Young Turks.

And yes they're crazy as shit.
Apr 1, 2019 5:08 PM

Jan 2009
ezikialrage said:
deg said:

What the Russians did at most is negligible compared to what the media is doing with their intent to influence elections. The Media tried to set Trump up to win the republican primary so Clinton can have an easy victory and it back fired on them. So for the past couple of years they were peddling a fake Trump Russian conspiracy theory and it blew up in their face. The only people who actually thought Trump colluded with Russia most likely listen to whatever the leftist version of Alex Jones.

err watch this video https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1111289977143545856
there is a clear Trump-Russia interactions that was already reported too by a lot of news over the past few years and even Mueller finds that too, but the limitations of the laws there in USA did not label it as collusion, thats why the democrats are demanding the release of the full report which is 300 pages to see how they can improve the collusion laws for example

Manafort shared polling data on 2016 election with elusive Russian – Mueller
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/08/manafort-russian-poll-share-konstantin-kilimnik-trump-investigation-2016-election-latest
degApr 1, 2019 5:17 PM
Apr 2, 2019 4:07 PM

Aug 2009
deg said:

err watch this video https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1111289977143545856
there is a clear Trump-Russia interactions that was already reported too by a lot of news over the past few years and even Mueller finds that too, but the limitations of the laws there in USA did not label it as collusion, thats why the democrats are demanding the release of the full report which is 300 pages to see how they can improve the collusion laws for example

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/08/manafort-russian-poll-share-konstantin-kilimnik-trump-investigation-2016-election-latest

The word of a loony leftists from California doesn't mean squat. Nor does the word of media outlets who been pushing the the Trump Russia collusion conspiracy nonsense.

Apr 2, 2019 4:27 PM

Jan 2009
ezikialrage said:
deg said:

The word of a loony leftists from California doesn't mean squat. Nor does the word of media outlets who been pushing the the Trump Russia collusion conspiracy nonsense.

lets just wait for the FULL report of Mueller then

and its funny you think leftists are crazy when right wing believes in the real conspiracy which is the media conspiracy against them

and remember this Trump-Russia thing was claimed by the whole intelligence community first and not the media
degApr 2, 2019 4:44 PM
Apr 3, 2019 9:51 AM

Aug 2009
deg said:

lets just wait for the FULL report of Mueller then

If there was actually anything on Trump then it would have been leaked a long time ago. And his cohorts would have been charged for colluding with Russia.

and its funny you think leftists are crazy when right wing believes in the real conspiracy which is the media conspiracy against them

During Trumps time in office the media pushed the phony Trump Russia conspiracy theory. During the primaries they constantly demonized Trump and took a lot of what he said out of context. While the left likes to pretends Obama didn't have any scandals during his whole presidency due the lack of media coverage on those.

and remember this Trump-Russia thing was claimed by the whole intelligence community first and not the media

The fact that some in the intelligence community made such absurd claims shows how partisan our intelligence agencies have become.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.