Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 28, 2018 10:10 AM

Aug 2018
This episode was just great, and i got really worried with Haijis's health...
Nov 28, 2018 11:18 AM

Oct 2008
Motivational support really helps a lot and can lift-up your spirits!
Oh man! i was quite shocked Haiji suddenly just collapsed while cooking mixed rice!
Looks like he's gone ill again...OH really NO!
5/5.

Nov 28, 2018 11:22 AM
May 2018
The big question is, if Haji's down and out for a while, who is going to cook for everyone?
Nov 28, 2018 2:11 PM

May 2017
I'm crying. This episode got my feels so hard. I'm honestly enjoying this show so hacking much. I cant wait for the next episode.
But honestly, since this is based on a novel, could they actually kill Haiji off? Like, from being an avid reader in my teen years and watching non stop movies as I grow up, I often get the feeling when I watch anime that a character as important as Haiji could honestly die, the audience would be wrecked, but it would give the other characters that much more motivation. That's something we see more often in books and western movies, and we rarely get it in anime.
Right now would be perfect.
(I felt a similar way when watching the first season of BNHA. Killing off All Might could have given Midoria motivation and made the audience feel for him.)

If they were to just put Haiji in the hospital, I dont know if it would convey the same emotion and motivation in the characters to work as hard to finish. As much as I love Haiji, I dont know if I want him to live for the sake of the story lol
Nov 28, 2018 2:18 PM

May 2017
Nembu said:
He won't die since he is a main character and if he just died the show would get extremely boring without his quick and smart decision making also the team would just disband if Haiji died.

I'm kind of thinking you're right. As much as it would work so well for the narrative to kill Haiji off, he does add a lot to the show itself. I dont necessarily think the team would disband though even if he did die, as motivation would be given to the members to finish the Hakone Ekiden. But yeah. He might fall seriously ill though, which I now feel would work better for the story than killing him off entirely lol
Nov 28, 2018 3:32 PM

Aug 2016
Amazing episode after amazing episode.
I love how every episode lets you find out little things about different characters, slowly making them all something special.
Good to see Kakeru is understanding things better, but is keeping his realism.
Damn, I wonder what's happening with Kaiji's, it seems he is so concerned looking after the others that he's neglected looking after himself. I really hope we learn about some of his past next episode.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Nov 28, 2018 10:01 PM

Dec 2008
Man, I hope Haiji is ok.
Nov 29, 2018 1:16 PM

Dec 2016
This was a fucking great episode
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 29, 2018 11:06 PM

May 2017
Lol at Haiji rotating his arm

Seriously, I probably said this in previous episode, but Kakeru is so lucky, these guys are so unrealistically kind, coz if they were realistic, Kakeru would've been beaten to a pulp the moment they heard about what he said to Ouji

Now everyone will do their best for Haiji, I agree, this is kind of overdramatic, Haiji has a leg injury but now probably has leukemia too lol smfh or he could've just overworked himself and I thought Kakeru was overworking himself with those eye bugs lol, but with Haiji blurring his eyes oh man, RIP calling it
Nov 30, 2018 7:58 AM
Jan 2016
Great eps, that typical feelings from sports anime,that passion is real!!! Yeah, Kakeru must know that everyone are doing their best, trying to surpass their limits...and of course that makes you want to support and cheer for them...supporters are essential in sports. And what happened to Haiji? Something is wrong with his health, maybe he's pushing himself to hard? I think so...
Nov 30, 2018 2:47 PM

Feb 2013
demision said:
Nembu said:
He won't die since he is a main character and if he just died the show would get extremely boring without his quick and smart decision making also the team would just disband if Haiji died.

I'm kind of thinking you're right. As much as it would work so well for the narrative to kill Haiji off, he does add a lot to the show itself. I dont necessarily think the team would disband though even if he did die, as motivation would be given to the members to finish the Hakone Ekiden. But yeah. He might fall seriously ill though, which I now feel would work better for the story than killing him off entirely lol

He won't die. They need to be ten to participate at the Hakone Ekiden. If he dies or was rendered unable to run, they'd have to introduce another character as a replacement.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Nov 30, 2018 10:27 PM

Jul 2017
Great episode with a great message, Haiji being the best mom, the cheering squad, and the characters doing their best. Imo the characters being kind to Kakeru despite knowing what he did is realistic though, since all of them are mature enough, I mean, they're not in their teens anymore.
Haiji's showing signs of fatigue but I didn't see that ending coming.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Dec 1, 2018 7:37 AM

Aug 2013
heh, the budget really shows in this episode. Some parts were bad but overall the good parts really made up for it (maybe it was intentional?). I just hope it doesn't become a trend.
Dec 1, 2018 2:30 PM

Jul 2017
HOW COULD THEY JUST END IT THERE OMGGG
Okay but this episode was so cute.
That lunchbox Haiji made was amazing
Kakeru and Prince actually cheering! Well "cheering" in Prince's case.
They're really becoming a team.
<3
BUT THE ENDINGGG I NEED THE NEXT EPISODE NOWW
Dec 1, 2018 9:35 PM

Dec 2013
this episode blew me away with this series once again. the interactions between each character and the buildup feels so genuine and heartfelt. Can't wait for more!

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Dec 2, 2018 8:39 AM

Feb 2017
im ready to get hit by feels truck if some big shit happen.
i wish it is only overwork sick.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jan 5, 2019 8:29 AM

Sep 2018
Great narration that explains well and leaves no doubt, showing perfectly the growth of the group both in terms of friendship and as an athletic team. Excellent Ouji and not just him as a character. The scene in which Nico opens the bento made by Haiji, made me smile not a little, really nice and fun to see that handmade bento. XD
Jan 9, 2019 12:52 AM
Mar 2012
Musa: cheerleaders are essential.
Nice they're all training very hard, but 3 of them are over-straining themselves.
Lol at times Prince leisurely walks faster than I bike, that speedometer's completely off.
Jan 11, 2019 5:21 AM

Jun 2014
Sabrael said:
It showed Prince walking at a 12 km/h pace on the treadmill which is almost 7.5 m/h, this roughly comes out to a bit under a 25 minute 5k pace. Now granted that's not fast, it's not as if that's abysmally slow either, more like your typical 5k runner that runs every now and then for fun or to stay healthy rather than someone who's competitive. As a runner, it's small things like this that annoy me. He was actually walking at more like a 3.5 m/h pace, not over double.

Still though, I shouldn't expect everything to be accurate and I still very much enjoy the show. Looking forward to the next episode!

Yeah, I'm not a runner but I use a treadmill sometimes, and his pace looked like 4-5 km/h, not 12...
May 9, 2019 1:00 PM

Feb 2013
Wtf was that ending, omg, Haiji!!!!!
They were starting to look like a team and this happens!!
I hope it's nothing serious.
May 12, 2019 2:23 AM

Dec 2013
I love this episode. Seeing Prince and Kakeru cheer is the best. But OH MY GOD HAIJI PLEASE GOD NO

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 22, 2019 4:09 PM

May 2013
OHMYGAWD, that Nico-senpai bento box was everything ahhahahahahhhh XDDD

Aww, Haiji TT^TT I was so worried about him when his vision started blurring :( I hope he's okay :((( He shouldn't push himself too much

Kakeru is such a cynical realist, lol. Have some faith, even if it seems silly and unreasonable.
Life is more fun when you can dream.
Aug 24, 2019 3:08 AM
Apr 2016
Ah, finally all the drama between Kakeru and the team got sorted out, seems like he realized that no one's running is half-assed, and that everyone is trying their hardest.

Interesting ending, seemed like sleep deprivation got to him.
Sep 6, 2019 5:08 PM

Sep 2018
Wahh seeing their improvements makes me happy! I love character's development of this anime :)

Haiji is such a waifu material lol I love him!! <3

Haiji pleaseeeee rest!! T-T
Sep 27, 2019 8:13 PM

Mar 2015
That was a nice episode, but yikes that ending!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 28, 2019 3:34 AM

May 2017
I need haiji in my life
Nov 9, 2019 9:10 PM
Jul 2014
Haiji not you NOT YOU!! Take your own advice and take care of yourself!! Don't over exert yourself :<

The rings under their eyes are becoming more visible and I don't like it...

Now I'm scared because Kakeru might have to step up and lead the team and he doesn't seem like the leader type. He seems like the dictator type ...
Jan 5, 2020 6:19 PM

Jun 2017
I was so proud of everyone running! and the cheering <33 Please be okay Haiji! I honestly think he's just a bit overworked (hopefully that's all).
Jan 23, 2020 9:59 AM
Jan 2016
Please let it be exhaustion, caused i can't stand haiji having some kind of serious illness, even if it is used to boost the enthusiasm of the team
Mar 23, 2021 5:05 AM

Jun 2020
Haiji in that apron chasing after Nico with that bento was EVERYTHING

I was smiling when they were cheering the rest on. Even Kakeru joined in. That was too precious. Kakeru is so endearing. And I had not realised, did Kakeru’s character design always had dark eye circles?? Or did he just develop them. Only realised the previous & this episode. Nico had them too!

Oh no poor Haiji baby at the end ㅜㅡㅜ
I hope we get to see Haiji’s back story in the next few episodes. The flashback of him doing physical therapy was brief but already hard to watch. I hope he’ll be ok! I love him. And I love how the ED visuals of him are so melancholic & cinematic. I love Haiji.........

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 30, 2021 4:18 PM

Aug 2018
I surely did not expect Kakeru to start cheering..

Jul 13, 2021 8:34 AM
Apr 2017
Sabrael said:
It showed Prince walking at a 12 km/h pace on the treadmill which is almost 7.5 m/h, this roughly comes out to a bit under a 25 minute 5k pace. Now granted that's not fast, it's not as if that's abysmally slow either, more like your typical 5k runner that runs every now and then for fun or to stay healthy rather than someone who's competitive. As a runner, it's small things like this that annoy me. He was actually walking at more like a 3.5 m/h pace, not over double.

Still though, I shouldn't expect everything to be accurate and I still very much enjoy the show. Looking forward to the next episode!

Completely agree. Both speed and running time are so ridiculed in this anime. Personally i wouldn't say those are small things either as this anime is mainly about running. I am exactly the runner u talk about and seeing those guys get better results in first few tries than me was stupid to say the least. Same with the treadmill.

And the thing is I see no reason to actually do this things. Why make the goals and results in the anime so ambicious? It only makes it less believable
Sep 20, 2021 7:43 AM

Aug 2021
The cheering scene was really wholesome with all the slow motion shots

That ending tho D:
Oct 14, 2023 7:08 AM

Jun 2022
Some Dope Episode...
Dec 17, 2023 5:58 AM
Jul 2017
decent heart episode, i wonder what the issue with the main guy is. what happened to his leg and why he keeps having blurring vision
Apr 14, 1:01 PM

Jul 2011
Solid episode, also noooo Haiji! My poor boy. He deserves the world.

Glad that Kakeru is coming around a bit.
May 25, 4:24 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
loved this episode dude. i think i’m hooked

the five who ran really are fast jeeeez
i can’t remember if glasses grew up playing sport or used to do running? but whatever i’ll go with the flow from now on

that cliffhanger!!! oh no
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

68 by Beguni »»
Sep 5, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2019

54 by ngoclong19 »»
Aug 19, 1:51 PM

» Elite Runners

JSeanaY - Jul 16

5 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 26, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

210 by a0i-kun »»
May 27, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

94 by a0i-kun »»
May 25, 9:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.