Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 28, 2018 3:51 PM

Feb 2018
Well, episode 4:

The new OP is good. Fits the style of the game much better despite forcing in so much Akechi. But overall, its a serious improvement from the placeholder we had in the first 2 eps.

The episode itself was alright, the CG for shadow Kamoshida was a little strange, but was ok.
Good resolution for the first arc, here's hoping it gets better from here.

The biggest issue that I and probably a lot of people had was the preview for next week. Anyone who played that game knows that it just spoiled the single greatest plot twist in the last 1/3rd of the story, and anyone new to all this with the show will figure it out way too early now. I have no idea if they can play it off without ruining other parts, but we'll see
Apr 28, 2018 4:02 PM

May 2015
After watching the ending scene my first reaction was to say internally... wow, there are a lot of people in this group...
Apr 28, 2018 4:06 PM

Oct 2014
The new op still doesn't have anything on the game's but it's nice and informative, at least it's not reused footage. (I wonder if it was originally for the second cour but they changed it early because of all the hate the barebones one got)

This episode was pretty disappointing, the Kamoshida boss fight was so much more intense in game, the CGI boss ingame looked better. Here it felt like the camera was either too close or at a weird angle that made it hard to tell if they were going for style and failed or if it was a genuine mistake.

This is kind of a low point in the story anyways, once more characters join (the ones better than ann -.-) the stakes get higher. It's always ridiculous to see Ann take her sexual agency back from Kamoshida then immediately have the camera be shoved right on her behind in a "sexy cat" costume as the show so tastefully puts it. I'm expecting it to get better from here.
Apr 28, 2018 4:19 PM

Jul 2011
Yay first boss battle D:

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Apr 28, 2018 6:13 PM

Jul 2016
Meh... this is really disappointing. I try to not wear my "game google" on, but I'm not feeling it. I can understand that they can't recreate the story and its emotional attachment in "only" 24 episodes without sacrificing important scenes, but even the action sequences are pretty underwhelming.

At this point, I just want to see best girl animated. I'm not even expecting this to be mediocre -_-

PS: Queen is best girl.

Apr 28, 2018 6:22 PM

May 2015
Never played the game, so I can't comment on how this adaptation stacks up to it. But so far, for me personally, the only negative I'm seeing is the lackluster animation. I've enjoyed everything else about it so far.

Apr 28, 2018 6:24 PM

Dec 2015
I dont play the game so here’s some questions
Persona fusion is a thing back then but really fusing your main persona with another ? I dont think you can do this in the game iirc from the previous game,even if starter persona is useless, you usually keep it around in the game, or is this just what really happens in the game , or is this anime version?

And cant you use persona all the time , i mean they only use it for attck or defending , i mean can you keep them appear and like move, help you evade , steal the crown ? So they dont target the user 1st. Sorry for dumb question it may be , i barely remember a thing from the previous game at all and dont play p5
Apr 28, 2018 6:35 PM

May 2016
Exeterna said:
I dont play the game so here’s some questions
Persona fusion is a thing back then but really fusing your main persona with another ? I dont think you can do this in the game iirc from the previous game,even if starter persona is useless, you usually keep it around in the game, or is this just what really happens in the game , or is this anime version?

And cant you use persona all the time , i mean they only use it for attck or defending , i mean can you keep them appear and like move, help you evade , steal the crown ? So they dont target the user 1st. Sorry for dumb question it may be , i barely remember a thing from the previous game at all and dont play p5

Yes you can fuse your main Persona in the game. I believe it was the same in P4.

And no, Personas can't do anything other than combat, at least in the game.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 28, 2018 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
lol yo wtf why did they show all that at the end, they really are gonna do something else with "him" aren't they

while still pretty fast a lot of this was spot on even the locations and the full boss fight with his attacks and picking someone to go steal the treasure,still the worse parts of these adaptions are the battles it's always been a issue for me so i just let it go i don't know how to make it better since it isn't a game anymore lol.

at least we got to see Doc
Apr 28, 2018 7:03 PM

Apr 2016
That new opening had me SO turnt!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2018 8:07 PM

Aug 2015
Not sure why they decided to put THAT in the ending scene. Maybe we'll see why soon.
Apr 28, 2018 8:46 PM

Apr 2013
wow I think episode 4 of p5 was rly well done
I love how they subtly insert all the game mechanics into the series without compromising anything

The bgm inserts were also on point.

Pacing was fairly well done, they even had time to throw in the palace's mini puzzle.
Apr 28, 2018 9:46 PM

Mar 2012
lmaoooooo pixie's character development i'm shoooook
Apr 28, 2018 10:13 PM

Mar 2012
While I also think it was the best adapted episode so far, I still have some issues:

- Takemi's character. "Funny" that she goes to avoiding talking about her special medicine because of professional/personal issues and mc had to convince her to do that to HEY YOU LIVE HERE TASTE MY MEDICINE BE MY GUINEA PIG to someone she met two seconds before. Not really the best adaptation.

- Reactions. I know it's because of pacing, but most of them sound really forced. I wish they slowed the pacing a bit at least in the scene Carmen shoots an agi near Kamoshida. It could have builded more suspense and it would have been a way more interesting scene. Also, the "I'll atone for my crimes" speech would sound more plausible if Kamoshida seemed to think about what Ann just said to him, it's almost like he just said that to avoid more telling off.

- The last scene. Just. Why.

BUT at least OP is great, we won't have to hear Kamoshida's voice again and probably best character Yusuke will finally appear!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 28, 2018 10:45 PM

Jul 2016
Opening is lit, with little spoilers. Overall episode was great. The ost of the game played at the right time ot was hype, was favorite was life will change ost. First appearance of best dad Iwai and first convo with takemi. Loved the little changes that use i this eps.
Dat ending tho.

Apr 28, 2018 11:14 PM

Oct 2012
I like the high school drama and the idea behind the personas but the personas themselves, the fighting and the palaces are all really cheesy. I still might check out the game though because I love the idea of night and day modes.
Apr 29, 2018 1:09 AM

May 2008
Unleashed_SM said:
Episode was good.

Drop or put the anime on hold and finish the game first. The game has way better pacing and everything is more detailed. Also, the anime likes giving random spoilers from time to time, like the ending of this episode.
Apr 29, 2018 1:42 AM

Dec 2013
This episode was way better than the previous episodes.

We got the method of obtaining personas, fusions and the nicknames!

The ending was really nice :)
Apr 29, 2018 1:55 AM

Jul 2016
_Kairu_ said:
Not sure why they decided to put THAT in the ending scene. Maybe we'll see why soon.
for positive note i think its transition to next arc. Who knows? Lets just wait.

Apr 29, 2018 2:12 AM

Sep 2016
That painting in the end ruined the feel that's meant for the end of Yusuke's arc. >.<
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Apr 29, 2018 3:09 AM

Oct 2011
love the opening visual
Apr 29, 2018 3:39 AM

Dec 2015
New OP is actually LIT! Probably one of my favourite OPs of this season.

This episode was definitely a step above the others, stuff actually happened with the faster pacing. CGI boss was noticeable but not as bad as say Golden Kamuy.

~
Apr 29, 2018 4:28 AM

Apr 2018
This episode was pretty good, nut worthy.
Apr 29, 2018 4:53 AM
Dec 2010
Great game, average anime, glorious ending.
I was hyped for this adaptation, but passing killing this story. Lot of stuff is skipped and without playing game is confusing.
Apr 29, 2018 5:00 AM

Jul 2015
Ah... I'm starting to not care now... I'm losing interest... And damn it, they brought out the CG for the boss fight, I mean, I was expecting that but was kind of hoping they wouldn't. And then the dude's confession came up and I looked at how much time was left in the anime... I don't think I'll be able to stick this out to the end.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 29, 2018 5:23 AM

Feb 2014
The new opening animation was very good. I do like the previous version's use of the red colour and close-ups of the characters at the end, but this new version is probably my preferred choice.

Other things that made it into the episode was the appearance of the Untouchable shop with Iwai and Takemi, the Doctor. Same goes for acquiring Pixie with a stand-off moment that happens in the game.

As for the Kamoshida boss, I was surprised that they went with a CGI model and honestly, it looks good. It's FAR better than the in-game CGI model and unlike Golden Kamuy's infamous CGI bear, it fits the art-style without it standing out too much. Heck, the art quality and animation took a good jump in quality too, matching with episode 1.

All in all, it was a very good wrap up to the Kamoshida arc, but the last few seconds did throw me off though. The OP animation does, in a way, spoils a few things already, but the final clip goes further than that in the spoiler territory. Interesting.....
Apr 29, 2018 5:55 AM

Aug 2015
And here I hoped that Arsene won't be sacrificed in the anime version lol. Was that scene at the end really necessary? It's a huge spoiler in my opinion.
Apr 29, 2018 6:46 AM

Sep 2009
Hamudanu said:
cih
A1 Screw this so much
i know game adapted will to rushed but to be horrible like this
unforgiveable

My thoughts exactly. I have no idea how things work between companies in such cases but I am seriously very unhappy with how A-1 is doing. I wonder was it because of budget issues that had them turn to A-1 instead of sticking to Production I.G.? Nonetheless, I hope the Bluray release would fix the horrendous animation.

That aside, the scenes so far felt very rushed in my opinion and I get that it's adaptation so that explains the majority of the problem but still... everything about P5A isn't doing the original work any justice even if it's meant to promote it, but from what I see, it is ruining it. Every scene makes me cringe. The only thing that is keeping me in the loop is because of how much the protagonist speaks in the anime compared to the game.

Actually, the first episode was great. Then it went downhill faster than I could roll my eyes. >.>
Apr 29, 2018 7:04 AM

Jan 2016
Loved it! I think they handled the Kamoshida fight pretty well, and the whole Kamoshida confession scenario.

I didn't like the ending, because it spoils too much and people might put 2 and 2 together.

Anyways I'm really liking Persona 5 the animation so far, it's not a Persona 3 anime or a Persona 4 Golden anime, it's in between
Apr 29, 2018 7:52 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
the scene with akechi at the end of ep 4 was pretty random since it happens waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay later in the game
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 29, 2018 9:11 AM

May 2017
Stop. Showing. Goro.

Anime improving but still aways to go.

4/5
Apr 29, 2018 10:11 AM

Sep 2015
It's really unsatisfying if they don't show Kamoshida punishment. He doesn't even look sorry at all.
Apr 29, 2018 10:31 AM
Mar 2018
The pacing is still pretty bad, with all the "we need to rush the story as fast as we can" stuff... Especially the parts where Takemi randomly shows up out of nowhere and gives a bag of random drugs to main character or the ending (the next episode's preview) where they basically show EVERY future companion of main character (the game never spoils stuff in such awful way).

The game's adaptation should've been split into more than one season, with slower, more detailed story progression... Oh well, it's too late for that.
Apr 29, 2018 4:59 PM

Jun 2014
I really dig the "next episode" preview!
Apr 29, 2018 7:27 PM

Apr 2016
Is it just me, or I'm starting to think that Ryuji and Anne's respective VAs had to be the same as with Tusk and Angelise from Cross Ange at this point, apparently???

P.S. am I also starting to think that Joker's VA had to be the same as with Lelouch from Code Geass at some point????
神様はその独り子を賜ったほどに この世を愛してくださった。 それは御子を信じる者が一人も滅びないで 永遠の命を得るためである。
kamisama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
For God so love the world that he gave His only Begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life.
Apr 30, 2018 3:05 AM

Jun 2013
the new OP is good.
Apr 30, 2018 7:23 AM

Jul 2016
New op animation suits the jazzly upbeat of the song.

Finally the students are now free from Kamoshida.

Joker, Panther, Skull, what's again Morgana's code name?
Apr 30, 2018 8:37 AM
Sep 2015
Pacing is getting better. The one thing I didn't like about this episode was how they crammed in Iwai and Takemi in only a few seconds. I wanted to see more of them...

Other than that, I loved how they approach this episode. We had some more time spent in Kamoshida's Palace and we got to see a decent battle which pretty much sums up how the fight in the game was laid out.

I liked how the anime approached Kamoshida. They made him more confident when he confessed his crimes and when he told the teachers to call the police. It made me take him more seriously this time. The game made me laugh my head off since he felt so mentally unstable at the time which was still good in its own way.

I also liked how Morgana gave Ren's codename as Joker this time around for some reason. It feels more professional, lol.

Plus, I love the opening too!

I personally hope what the director says about the surprise change
Apr 30, 2018 8:48 AM

Feb 2017
I like how the setting is different in the conscious world and it makes sense. Although I knew he wouldn't die, it was nice to see him change. The anime is well set up and I'll look forward to the next episodes!
Apr 30, 2018 12:52 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Action kinda sucks and everything seems to go as expected but it has been pretty enjoyable.
Apr 30, 2018 1:15 PM

Mar 2017
Kamoshida's shadow looked like complete dog shit (even compared to the game). Like what the hell was all of that? That was the shittiest CGI i've seen on anything all year.
Apr 30, 2018 1:37 PM

Mar 2015
A-1 ruined adaptation.
Apr 30, 2018 2:08 PM

Apr 2016
I like the OP a lot. It's cool. I think I kinda want to play the game now though. This series is cool. I enjoy the boss fights, and all. Seems dope. I'm glad the gym coach is confessing to his crimes.
[
Apr 30, 2018 4:51 PM

Apr 2015
I loved the true OP

glamazon said:

LMAO!
Pixie had more character devolopment in the anime than Haru in the game.

Apr 30, 2018 5:13 PM

Mar 2012
ScarRufus said:
I loved the true OP

glamazon said:

LMAO!
Pixie had more character devolopment in the anime than Haru in the game.

more development than my bond with Iwai in the game since I didn't have enough guts lmaooooo
Apr 30, 2018 6:30 PM

Oct 2017
Rururun said:
I was enjoying this episode a lot
...until we got akechi at the end.
I think we need admins to change name of this series to Akechi 5 The Animation.

Akechi 6 : Akechi vs Eikichi

(we need more p2 stuff)
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 30, 2018 7:06 PM
May 2017
So much to unpack in this episode. The new OP is great. It wasn't really worth the wait in my opinion but it is a great OP. It starts with a nod to Persona 4 then moves on to introducing each of its characters with each change of key and from there gives a well executed take on the classic visual theme of duality. I don't have much hope in this show but this OP does tell me that some effort is being put into it.

There's still some pacing issues (that scene with Dr. Takameki was laughably awkward). The boss battle was better then expected. It wasn't well animated and the CGI model looked more life like then it had any right to look compared to the other animated characters but I like that they at least got creative with some of the game mechanics.

Lastly Komashida's confession... Its no surprise that the game did it better but wow, if you compared the confession scene from the game to the one from this anime on mute and with no subtitltes then you'd find the Komashida from the games to be very distressed and sad, while the one from the anime... I mean he looks sad at first but then he just gives a blank look at the camera and falls into a bow begging. The voice actor does his best but I'm just not getting the same emotion. I want to see Komashida in tears expressing regret and looking like he's about to jump off a bridge... because I'm a monster who wallows in the despair of the guilty.

Finally the ending scene. I think the writers ordered the wrong flashback here. I know its an important scene but it feels out of place and comes off like the writers are impatient to get to the "really cool stuff". Aketchi is an important character but he needs to have some more build up behind him. This isn't a case of "tell don't show" but it is a case of "show pretending to be tell, while tell isn't explaining what the hell show is doing."

I'm curious if the show can improve with just this new opening to jump start it. Now if we could only get a more interesting ED...
Apr 30, 2018 10:32 PM

Oct 2008
Kamoshida case has ended, and he confessed his sins and would atone for it for a LONG time!
really DON'T like the OST that they use when fighting...
4/5.

May 1, 2018 4:23 AM

May 2016
Finally, this boring arc is over, I don't wanna see Kamoshida's ugly face/voice again.
May 1, 2018 9:08 AM

Sep 2015
First of all the new OP was great. And second of all I think this was the strongest episode yet. I liked how it showed them prepping to take Kamoshida down. I like how it showed "Ren" making a contract with a demon. The boss fight was a little corny. But I liked Ann's speech to Kamoshida afterwards. Both in the palace and in the gym.

What really made this episode for me though. Even though there was some rushed cheesiness. Like Takemi just handing Ren a bag of drugs for no reason. Was Ann visiting Shiho in the hospital over the closing credits. It was a well animated touching scene. We never got to witness in the game. And they really brought out the feels in it. As a HUGE fan of the game. I find this seriously occasionally frustrating. But I'll keep watching just for scenes like that.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

33 by Shota_Thighs »»
May 7, 10:57 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

143 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 15, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

40 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 21, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

4 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 16, 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.