Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 1, 2017 8:18 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Great episode as always
The story continues to impress and looks like we are starting to see some real progress to the negociations with the release of the first passangers. We also get to see Shindou meet his co workers. Its nice that we also get to see the start of the negociation with the PM and his cabinet as well as see what the world's powers think of the situation. Plus we also get to see some character development for both Shindou and Saraka and the forging of their relationship. Its also nice that we get to see what Saraka and the people think of the situation so far as well. The comedy moments between Shindou and Saraka was also pretty well done. Love the developing chemistry between the two. The analysis into the wam was also pretty interesting. I also like how deep this anime and its story is going as well. The wam should be for humanity and not specific countries now that was a deep question and though. I would be interested to see how they go back getting the wam to each person though. Man to think that the UN would risk invoking article seven though to force Japan to give them the wam. Humanity is in no way ready for wam though but they are forcing Japan's hand here. This anime really provokes some deep thoughts and ideas though. So the first candidate that was chosen to champion the cause of spreading wam to the people and not to countries is Kanata eh.

After last weeks revelation about the new energy source that was being offered it will be interesting to see what happens this week.
I think it was a smart move that the meeting was held in front of the world though. Infinite energy will be a great boon for humanity though i think
Hmm its been three days since the first meeting eh
So the first of the passengers will be released today then eh
ZaShuNina was always going to release the passengers anyway but still its nice to see that the negotiation was successful. But man he was accurate with the schedule right down to the last second eh. Hmm and Shindou also gets to negotiate with the government solo as well eh. Lol the meeting between him and Asano was funny though being serious one minute and relaxed the next. Its nice that his friends are able to meet him again though despite the circumstances. Its nice that Ritsu is able to see Shindou again as well. Its nice that Shindou is humble enough to note that there are other people present that have skills that are equal to his and more useful to humanity though. I think Saraka really made an impression on him in the first meeting. Plus Shindou alone knows and understands ZashuNina the best and is trusted by him to a degree. Removing him from that role will be a mistake at this point. Lol i guess that has to be the funniest reasons for getting someone to fire you lol.

Hmm wam though looks to be a interesting energy source since they require no fuel and as such generate no pollution. This will be a major boon to humanity if they can use it though. But before that it will be good to hear what the government intends to use it for. I like how the story looks at different views of the situation namely the civilian, political and global views from other countries. The opinion of the people at this stage will probably be divided i guess. Hmm the UN and its permanent members come to spoil things again as usual. The Americans will love it if Kado landed in NY i think and give all the wam to them. Its sad that this historic moment is being spoiled by politics though. Besides its not like japan is keeping it to themselves they are still analyzing it. Giving it to the UN will be a bad idea though as they will not share it with others at all. Its nice that Saraka and Shindou are able to work together though. Its funny watching Saraka lecture Shindou about his position though. Takes the tension out of the air. Lol Shindou replying to the lecture by reminding her that they are short on time lol. This is going to be a fun relationship between the two i think lol. Hmm wow the opinions of the people sure are mixed with some being quite funny. Like i live in the country i don't care. Hmm it will be interesting to see what Saraka things of the situation though. Hmm i think Saraka's analysis of ZashuNina and his intentions and personality was spot on. I also agree with her analysis of the wam as well. Given its power and the state of humanity its perhaps too soon for it to be released because of the bread problem. Wonderful as it may be Wam could also be dangerous when in the wrong hands as well. Thats also a consideration as well. Naturally oil producing countries will be against wam as well. But its nice to see where Saraka stands with Wam though. Lol its funny watching Shindou try to ease the tension by pointing out the missteps that Saraka did though starting with her bursting out laughing during the meeting. Lol the back and forth contest here was funny. Lol Saraka's reaction on seeing the video proving Shindou's point was hillarious. Love the chemistry between these two. Panic press the dislike button lol.

Hmm so they get to see what the scientists have figured out with regards to the wam then eh interesting. Hmm the wam is very much like a battery then eh. Though without the consistent voltage which means that it can be used to power just about anything. Hmm so while the wam looks like one thing its actually six things thats formed into one shape. Anything used in excess would harm you and the environment so in this case too much wam will cause global warming eh. Another reason it should be used sparely and by only a few countries. Lol Kanata sure has a lot of energy lol. But in the end usage of the wam is determinant on humanity something that shindou understands as well. Hmm so Za ShunNina is learning about life on Earth eh. Hmm while he can scan the book to understand them he prefers to read it physically eh. Hmm in addition to Shindou the head flight attendant and the captain also represent the passengers needs eh. Hmm Hanamori finally gets his first lead role eh. Lol his reaction though but this was a good move on Shindou's part though as Hanamori has little in the way of ego to get in his way. Still its nice that Shindou display his trust in him even though he ignores him most of the time lol. Hmm i don't trust the UN but given the threat of sanctions maybe we should listen to them. Plus i very well doubt that they would give the wam to every country on the planet. The five members of the council will profit the most i think. While each country is unique they also have problems with understanding and sharing made even harder by the inclusion of hatred and differences. Because of this sharing is something that is alien to them. The wam itself is not for individual countries after all but a gift for humanity as a whole. Hmm a method to promote the spread of wam to humanity without dealing with individual countries eh. This should be interesting. Its funny seeing Za shuNina use a phone for the first time though.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2017 2:14 PM

Sep 2015
Honestly, I was quite sceptical after seeing the pv for this anime. But it turned out so damn well, I can't wait to see more!

May 1, 2017 9:09 PM

Jul 2011
I can't help but notice how it paints Japanese politicians in a biased, 100% logical, forward-thinking way. Not to say Japan is backwards, but I find it hard to believe there is no dissent internally about how to deal with the Wam and its potential consequences. Thus far government officials all nod their head in unison.

Otherwise, I like the political angle it's taking.

We'll see how humanity fares.
MirorinMay 1, 2017 9:13 PM
May 2, 2017 5:15 AM

Dec 2013
Despite everything this show just keeps getting better and better. Definitely the surprise show of the season for me. Tsukai was pretty funny this episode, I like that we are finally seeing more of everybody's character.
May 3, 2017 9:33 AM

Feb 2015
I can't wait for next episode, this is getting really exciting~

fe1ik said:
this glamour shot.

Moshi moshi?
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
May 7, 2017 4:26 AM

Jun 2016
WHAMMU! UGH, I LOVE THIS SHOW.

The resolve.. to drop a bomb on this world.

That line gave me goosebumps. I'm sure zaShunina isn't suggesting anything malicious - far from it. He probably has some plan in order to break down the 'country' construct and try to unify humanity under one banner - clearly that would require something ground-breaking, so to speak. A complete paradigm shift. However, the image of the two balls/bombs dropping hinted at the Nagasaki and Hiroshima bombings - also bombings, incidentally, which shook the world and changed out collective outlook toward war overnight. The fact that the roles are now reversed.. this must be a powerful idea to a Japanese audience that still carries scars from that war.

I wonder if zaShunina claiming Japan to be the most empathic country (I love this rationalization though. I'm so sick of ALL sci-fi stories being set in the US that this is practically refreshing) is simply an experiment he's conducting. When we praise someone openly or have high expectations of them, that person may feel more inspired to behave in order to live up to those expectations. It's entirely possible that zaSh is manipulating the Japanese govt that way, and making them behave better than they usually would have.
ArachnophobicMay 7, 2017 4:38 AM
May 7, 2017 5:31 AM

Apr 2016
There are so many aspects of this show that are unrealistic or too simplistic, it's painful.

The worst for me is the top negotiation's representative for Japan, Tsukai, who shows the mentality and behavior of a 15 years old brat!

C'MON! Sure it's cute but soooooo out of place! Not speaking about the other brainless immature like a 13 years old guy who gets the responsibilities at the level of the prime minister! Yeah! Of course! And all these countries with negative energetic commercial balance, who would only win with a WAM, they just say "No, don't need them!" What a joke! Just for reference, if that's true there's no nuclear weapon proliferation, the number of countries with nuclear power plant ist far from being limited to the security council permanent members. Japan had Fukujima for instance.

The anime is good at making you think about some big issues, that's great, but it's treated like it's for underage people.
May 7, 2017 11:15 PM

Sep 2015
The way zaShunina held the smartphone lol.
May 10, 2017 11:20 AM
Sep 2015
nyone knows where to find the "article seven of the un charter - actions to force compliance" ?
thanks
May 12, 2017 11:09 PM

Jan 2013
Nice work handling the international politics.
But is infinite energy really the only thing Yaha-kui came to Earth to give humanity? Seems too simple.
May 13, 2017 5:36 PM

Feb 2013
There's a big alien cube just sitting there and the UN is concerned about marbles!

At such an early stage, nobody would be making such demands for fear of how the alien might react. They would be observing from a distance, waiting to see how things go.
May 17, 2017 4:36 PM

May 2014
Ugh I don't wanna drop this anime, why'd they have to give her a bigger role. I'll prolong the next episode for now.
Besides that, the world's greediness was to be expected and turned out... To be expected.
Ofcourse they would want all the Wam, I do however, think that not even using them whilst taking them from Japan is a waste.
"I love the patterns on the side of Kado,zaShunina is hot", lmao that human depiction is 100% correct.
May 27, 2017 10:52 PM

Jul 2016
Anathor said:
I wished they showed more of the conference.
I'm actually surprised the USA dude didn't outright say "give them all to us" but then again it's basically the same thing if the UN has the monopoly on WAM.

That's not how the UN works.
All you can hope for in your worldview is consistency
Jun 5, 2017 11:55 AM

Jun 2013
fe1ik said:
this glamour shot.

Best moment of the episode.

I don't really dig the gap moe with Tsukai. She was basically a bossy high school tsundere in this episode. It feels too forced to me, just like Shinawa's overly genki desposition and Hanamori's grating Shindou worship. It's great that they aren't serious all the time, but the way it's all executed is at odds with the established atmosphere. Anime characters should be able to show glimpses at their lighter and softer side without resorting to high school tropes, right?

Heck, even our Lord and Savior Shindou lets down his guard occasionally without screwing with my immersion. Or if we must have the high school tropes, at least have the other characters react to the strangeness somehow. I might be a party pooper but I don't think I'm being too unreasonable.

Mich666 said:
Kugimiya Rie is really unfit for this role

I completely disagree. I've seen her pull off other, relatively more serious characters excellently; if she had been directed to play the character in a more subtle way, or a completey different character altogether, I'm sure it would have been a piece of cake for her. I blame the character itself (she would be out of place either way), which is a result of a lack of subtlety on the writers' part. So far it seems like they were afraid to include any female characters without obligatory token moe tropes. (I refuse to count Natsume; she's barely even a character.)
LeeTailorJun 5, 2017 12:07 PM
Jun 20, 2017 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
Japan is the first granted with the Wam, and as usual, United Nations want to be ones having dispose of a it. Talk about riding on a high horse.
Jul 10, 2017 11:16 AM

Jan 2014
that's weird gesture when they hug. people don't hug like that, lmao

I agree with the girl, human better off without wam.

as I thought, other country would try to monopolize by limiting japan flexibility.
Jul 15, 2017 2:28 AM
Mar 2012
country as a concept going out of control
Yaha is hot confirmed. Tsukai 2cute also confirmed. Hanamori still gay & becomes effective pm.
wam leads to global warming really?
Aug 8, 2017 3:12 PM

May 2012
It's really developing well I must say! Looking forwards to see what's next!
Sep 21, 2017 6:57 AM

Jan 2013
It's getting more and more interesting.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Jan 12, 2018 2:59 AM

Mar 2015
I like the chemistry between the two main negotiators
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 29, 2019 10:12 PM

Sep 2015
I agree with the UN here.
Wam should be non-proliferated. It is outrageous. I agree with Tsukai(She so cute, best girl) here. Humanity is way too early to have something like this.
If Mr.Alien offered something lower tier, like a easily accessible long lasting clean energy... Then yes that would be wonderful. But infinite energy is TOO much.

1) Wam will render ALL energy sources obsolete. Not only do fossil fuel plants, nuclear, solar energy, wind, geothermal plants would shut down. Significant amount of mining companies that supply the industry will also go under. This will lead to a massive unemployment and thus less spending. That's detrimental to a market economy. The economy will enter a potential depression.

2) Developing nations rely on natural resources as their source of income. Particularly fossil fuels. This will be detrimental to their development. In many ways it can harm the livelihood of millions, not help it. Nations like these will be heavily opposed to the Wam, while others may be open to it

3) The world is not united. Every nation has different goals. And that include taking advantage of the Wam for militaristic use. Wam is an infinite energy source. That means we can take that energy and store it. Then release it all at once as a weapon that may even exceed nuclear power.

4) Ideally it will be distributed equally to the world, but the world is not equal. There are higher members of society that will control this distribution. There are superpowers in the world that can rely on conventional military, and economic might to force weaker nations to surrender their Wam. This only feeds in to the strength of major powers.

5) On the other end of the spectrum, unstable nations like those in the middle east may lose control of its Wam to rogue non-state actors. Unlike nuclear weapons, is much simpler to weaponize as it scales with the device it is powering. This means terrorists can easily use this to threaten major powers, where as terrorist would not have the expertise and infrastructure to deploy nuclear weapons.

6) As mentioned in the anime, Wam will unbalance the energy equilibrium of the planet. Not space, space is simply too big. Humanity can use it for the rest of our existence and have negligible effect on the Universe's energy state. However that's not the case for Earth.
It will lead to global warming, because unlike traditional energy sources, we aren't 'recycling' energy within the planet. We are ADDING energy in to the planet.

And it isn't necessarily heat energy. It could be in the form of kinetic energy depending on how its converted and used. This added energy is PERMANENT. Fossil fuels convert chemical energy in to heat and generate new gaseous elements. While this gas causes global warming, they will also eventually decay and form back to new elements, maintaining equilibrium given enough time. Wam adds energy, so even if it converts in to something else, there will be an excess in whatever form it is in.

As it is INFINITE energy, it can theoretically knock Earth out of its orbit with enough kinetic energy added in to the system. Absolutely a environmental hazard.
A theoretical solution would be to somehow extract the extra energy and expend it in space. But we do not have the technology to magically remove energy from our atmosphere and planet and expel it in to space.

We can be really inefficient and store it in batteries, then launch it in to space. However there's no way to capture 100% of the energy generated by Wams. Energy is lost in the form of sound and heat, none of our technology has 100% efficiency. Once it's lost in to the atmosphere, it will be practically impossible to retrieve it in to a physical form where we can transport it. Additionally, the materials that make up batteries will be lost to use forever in space even though it CAN BE USED IN MANY OTHER APPLICATIONS.

7) And there's also a reason why infinite energy doesn't exist in the real world. If it did, the entire balance of the universe would be broken. Physical laws would be broken. It can theoretically allow travel at the speed of light which also breaks physics.
It's a can of worm where nothing make sense anymore.
zcv45Apr 29, 2019 10:25 PM
Dec 15, 2022 4:19 AM

Sep 2019
Sorry for necropost.

It's 3 days and there are no UN and overseas representatives yet. I find that hard to believe also the bread analogy when Japan continue to deny their WW2 aggression? Like every country has their fair share of dark history you know.

I'm still enjoying this show because it's very rare to get this kind of anime where there's tons of civil and mature discussions. It's also bringing some new perspectives to me that I would not otherwise get from your typical generic harem isekai anime so it's all good so far.
C6R5 Raiden
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

226 by StarryNight157 »»
Jan 7, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

91 by nick_el_son »»
May 2, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

156 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 7:14 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

102 by HumbertoZero »»
Jul 29, 2022 5:03 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2017

91 by JaniSIr »»
Apr 21, 2022 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.