Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 14, 2017 11:04 AM
Dec 2010
Nice touch with Kotarou's "memories" aka the VN character routes being woven in in-between his "deaths".

Anime-onlies, try to be patient. You aren't supposed to know what sort of situation Kotarou's in yet, and it pretty much has to be explained later for Moon to even work.

So far, that was basically 1:1 with the start of VN Moon (with the addition of Kagari's personality from Season 1, and Harvest Festa fanservice). Much better storytelling to start this season off.
Jan 14, 2017 11:05 AM

Jun 2014
Dark_Kain said:
Damn it, it was an actually a good adaptation, now I'm going to keep my hope up once again.

Anime only viewers are going to be confused as hell, though.

its ok if they are confused, as we all VN readers where confused at that point in Moon and it didn't make full sense until it ended and it was brilliant.

hopefully they will keep things good at this pace
Jan 14, 2017 11:10 AM

Sep 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
Well that was quite something, It was interesting but as a person who has not played the VN this leaves me with quite a bit of questions.

So what exactly has happened to the world now? As I understood the previous seasons, the world was being rewritten into some kind of basic state. Here the world seems to be a post apocalyptic state.

There was that scene in the beginning with Kotori trying to shoot Kagari and then Shizuru crying as Koutarou was about to disappear or something. There's also all the flashbacks and memories Koutarou seems to recall of the group. I assume this points to different timelines where different events happen and he's somehow remembering all this in whichever timeline he's currently in or something. Also how exactly does he keep respawning like that? Why isn't Kagari able to talk? What is the thing that Kagari is researching on? Is it something like the 'World Lines' from Steins;Gate or something? Way too many questions man.
Would appreciate if someone could summarize how the current events came about unless of course it will be explained later.

Also Koutarou death scenes were quite brutal, I think if they had kept it that way instead of making it comedic in the middle, The final reunion would have been a lot more emotional.

Into the Internet!
Jan 14, 2017 11:10 AM

Aug 2011
That was confusing indeed

» Escapism.

Jan 14, 2017 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
did i just skip like 5 seasons or sth
Jan 14, 2017 11:22 AM

Nov 2011
One of the best openings of the season. I'm glad they banged out the other routes real quick and are going to deal with the main route this season.

This episode was really good, a little slow paced but damn some of those deaths were brutal. Best Girl Returns though!

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 14, 2017 11:23 AM

Feb 2016
there is absolutely no sense on what is going on, but at least it is going better than "first season", this might redeem the mess (not really) from the failure they did... i hope...
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 14, 2017 11:41 AM

Feb 2008
It doesn't make so much sense for anime views, can't be helped until end.
All those different world lines is an conclusion of ending of all routes, Kotori, Chihaya, Akane, Lucia, Shizuru.

Kotarou have all memories from lives he has been living, hopefully this anime getting better cause I love Moon and Terra route in Rewrite VN.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 14, 2017 11:57 AM

Jun 2014
To anime onlys: rewatch the ep and pay attention to details and what Kotarou says
Jan 14, 2017 12:10 PM
Jan 2009
zaydgh123 said:
Dark_Kain said:
Damn it, it was an actually a good adaptation, now I'm going to keep my hope up once again.

Anime only viewers are going to be confused as hell, though.

its ok if they are confused, as we all VN readers where confused at that point in Moon and it didn't make full sense until it ended and it was brilliant.

hopefully they will keep things good at this pace

I disagree: at this point in the novel Kagari was still an unknown factor and such her odd behaviour was not surprising, the reader hence was not going to focus his attention only on Kagari herself.

An anime only viewer is bound to ask himself:
- Why Kagari is not speaking at all?
- Why Kagari acts like she doesn't know Kotauro and keeps killing him?
- Why she is not in love with him?
- Why she didn't recognize coffe in the first place?
- etc...

And overall being confused by this, easily missing what is really relevant.
While VN readers knows very well that those questions are irrelevant, they are NOT for an anime viewer because the first season was about Kotauro and Kagari relationship and so their first interest is going to be the relationship between current Kotauro and current Kagari.
Jan 14, 2017 12:15 PM

Aug 2015
This episode left me speechless in so many ways, I don't even know what to say! :|

There was so many QUALITY™ moments sometimes xD
But for some reason, I enjoyed it more than I should.. Couldn't stop giggling in some scenes... xD
Hopefully it keeps a steady pace and keeps getting better :^)

I feel bad for the anime onlies....
Z-DanteJan 14, 2017 12:22 PM
Jan 14, 2017 12:28 PM

Oct 2011
Amazing episode OMG. Tearing up OMG
Jan 14, 2017 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
Just finished the episode and while I liked the first season to some extent (I do agree there was issues in the pacing and production) This episode of S2 left me quite speechless...

I think by being the last show on my list for my lineup this is actually a big improvement to S1 (both production when it looks pretty decent and pretty good scenes by Nonoka at times and pacing wise), and I really liked how they worked out for the entire Moon Route, as everyone have seen

In the Visual Novel it was pretty confusing at first so in a way I can understand anime onlies from there, but I do suggest you go rewatch the episode and note the details of this, because they're important if they're going to keep up with the pacing itself.

Although the OP sequence is actually pretty amazing, reminding me how the beginning the Visual Novel played and the anime did the beginning sequence with the Visual Novel, and the foreshadowing was pretty good too.

They even adapted one of my favorite scenes which it makes me happy. When Kotarou tries to go and seduce Kagari xD Tho I wish they could add the "Ti amo, Te amo, Ti Adoro." But thats just probably beating the dead horse a bit.

In the end I do hope they can stay consistent througout, hopefully.
Jan 14, 2017 12:32 PM

Jun 2013
Dark_Kain said:

- etc...

Literally all these questions will be answered at the end of Moon arc lol (probably around episode 3 or 4)
Jan 14, 2017 12:38 PM

Aug 2013
Way better than S1 so far as expected. But comedy and ecchi stuff didn't mix well with serious stuff as always.
Jan 14, 2017 12:52 PM
Jan 2009
Murasa22 said:
Dark_Kain said:

- etc...

Literally all these questions will be answered at the end of Moon arc lol (probably around episode 3 or 4)

And that is exactly the problem.
They are going to be confused for 1/3 of the show about matters that should be pretty much irrelevant.
Jan 14, 2017 1:01 PM

Jun 2014
What the heck? I expected shit but it was a way better than I ever anticipated. Could this maybe be a good adaptation? I'll keep low expectation for some more episodes for now...
Jan 14, 2017 1:11 PM

Aug 2013
Samu-tan said:
Well, it was about as mediocre as I expected it to be. This episode was all over the place. It was entertaining at times, but mainly because the first season was handled incredibly poorly, it didn't feel like this episode had any impact whatsoever.

Exactly this. Pacing was what killed it for me I think. I had more feeling reading the VN because it took time to build up the setting and made the interactions with Kagari more meaningful.

Not to mention that the art is still worse than the VN. What is the point of an anime, a medium which should have an advantage in that department at least, if it has worse art than a VN.
Jan 14, 2017 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
Picking the twins from Lucia's route and not the fight with Shizuru in the mall... is the only thing I can call bad in this episod.
Welp
Jan 14, 2017 1:33 PM

Jun 2015
This second season so far is better the first season. I really like the OP. Tennouji trying to talk to Kagari was funny. The memories he was having were interesting.
Jan 14, 2017 1:38 PM
Jul 2016
Has anybody mentioned that MAL has given this series the wrong title..? It's not "Rewrite Moon and Terra", it's simply "Rewrite 2nd season", or otherwise this is considered Episode 14 of Rewrite.
Jan 14, 2017 1:41 PM

Nov 2015
Weird episode. I didn't get what was going on.

Jan 14, 2017 1:42 PM

Jul 2013
Well, I'm a filthy secondary and I was confused as fuck during all the episode, but judging by the ending of the first season and this episode, I will guess that Koutarou is living all those timelines and once he dies, he reborns in another one and lives in that timeline until he dies and re-starts the process. Only the time will tell if I'm right or not (hopefully).

Other than that, I liked the episode. Better than the first season at least. The scene when Kagari finally decides to "be friends" with Koutarou was very sweet.
Those deaths were hilarious too.
Jan 14, 2017 1:49 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is already miles better than any episode of the first season. Is this Moon?

And i have always been a fan of the Rewrite OST, so you should have seen my face when Journey played as a little OP.
Jan 14, 2017 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
Smudy said:
This is already miles better than any episode of the first season. Is this Moon?

And i have always been a fan of the Rewrite OST, so you should have seen my face when Journey played as a little OP.

Yes it's Moon Route (if you want to know), which is pretty much the shortest Route of the Visual Novel.

I actually loved how they placed the OST here as well, miles better than how they placed in S1.

And I loooove Journey too much as well, it's pretty good, as it feels like you're floating around and going seeing stuff... if that can be described well.
Jan 14, 2017 3:00 PM

Aug 2015
Better opening episode than the first season, although that's not saying much.
Jan 14, 2017 3:50 PM

Jul 2016
Nostalgik said:
Now... can someone summarize this episode for me?? At first I thought it was a prequel to the first season since he didnt know who Kagari was and started having the dreams he had in the first season, but then he started having these random moments with all the girls he met so I kinda lost it here.

Basically, they started with Kotori's ending of the VN, went to Shizuru's ending, then showed very small pieces of the Chihaya and Akane routes, then a scene with Lucia from the fandisk (disappointed they chose this scene for Lucia, as it wasn't even part of the VN, and there were so many better scenes they could have used). Basically they were just trying to demonstrate to the watcher that Kotaru lived through his life many, many times, in many different ways. An important part required for understanding they left out, was that so far, no matter what Kotaru did in his life, the world always came to an end.

very light spoiler:
Jan 14, 2017 4:02 PM
Nov 2014
Nostalgik said:
xlaser08 said:

Which meeting are you referring to? This one being showed right now where kotarou tries his best to talk to kagari, or the one showed in season 1
?(Does that even count as a garden though)
The one in this episode. Where she has the carpet. I mean he's having these "dreams" (very real ones) in the timeline of the end of the first season?

If you really want to be answered:

EDIT: realized I didn't really answer your original question.
xlaser08Jan 14, 2017 4:09 PM
Jan 14, 2017 4:02 PM

May 2015
I'm not expecting much from Rewrite anymore after the first season, but I gotta say that this episode was really good. This might turn out decent after all, I hope.

Jan 14, 2017 4:14 PM
Nov 2014
Dark_Kain said:
Murasa22 said:

They are going to be confused for 1/3 of the show about matters that should be pretty much irrelevant.

Well, try speculating, it might get you somewhere. Rewrite loves throwing early hints at you and in this season, they sure did. Goodluck ^_^
Jan 14, 2017 4:32 PM

Oct 2015
xlaser08 said:
Nostalgik said:
The one in this episode. Where she has the carpet. I mean he's having these "dreams" (very real ones) in the timeline of the end of the first season?

If you really want to be answered:

EDIT: realized I didn't really answer your original question.
That helped me just enough as I wanted. Thanks! :) Now I can keep watching with a more peaceful mind xD Ty for taking the time
Jan 14, 2017 4:42 PM
Jan 2009
xlaser08 said:
Dark_Kain said:

Well, try speculating, it might get you somewhere. Rewrite loves throwing early hints at you and in this season, they sure did. Goodluck ^_^

FYI, I am a visual novel reader.
Jan 14, 2017 4:49 PM

May 2010
Nice, this was surprisingly decent - it had a few funny moments, mostly thanks to amazing Masakazu Morita-san of course!

I know it's super confusing for now, but this route was confusing even in the game, so it's not exactly anime's fault.

Also, someone needs to make a gif out of literal "mind-blown" scene lol >:D
This one was my second favourite, pretty gruesome:

Absolutely LOVED how they used "Tabi" in the opening, perfect <3 Vocal version of Daisy sounds great too, hopefully they will release full version soon!
Jan 14, 2017 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
Kitsu-nee said:
Nice, this was surprisingly decent - it had a few funny moments, mostly thanks to amazing Masakazu Morita-san of course!

I know it's super confusing for now, but this route was confusing even in the game, so it's not exactly anime's fault.

Also, someone needs to make a gif out of literal "mind-blown" scene lol >:D
This one was my second favourite, pretty gruesome:

Absolutely LOVED how they used "Tabi" in the opening, perfect <3 Vocal version of Daisy sounds great too, hopefully they will release full version soon!

When I read Moon for the first time it felt like the equivalent of weed (what Zayd said before to me when I finished the 5 heroine routes), and true, not the anime's fault for being confusing.

Also, Nice gif you made and at the same time this reminds me of I flinched at the scene, never thought it could be that way compared to the VN but that seems pretty creepy xP
Jan 14, 2017 5:38 PM
Nov 2014
Dark_Kain said:
xlaser08 said:

FYI, I am a visual novel reader.
Nevermind then. haha
Jan 14, 2017 5:50 PM

May 2010
@Symphyon
To be fair, I just took it from tumblr :> I wish they made one from the mind-blown scene too, it was even better. Could even become a new meme.
Jan 14, 2017 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
Kitsu-nee said:
@Symphyon
To be fair, I just took it from tumblr :> I wish they made one from the mind-blown scene too, it was even better. Could even become a new meme.

Ohhh I don't really go on tumblr to be fair. I assume they don't have more from the episode? Because that would be nice... I honestly like the Shizuru Route scene animated. ;w; It really got me to tears when I saw that.
Jan 14, 2017 6:08 PM

May 2010
Symphyon said:
Kitsu-nee said:
@Symphyon

Ohhh I don't really go on tumblr to be fair. I assume they don't have more from the episode? Because that would be nice... I honestly like the Shizuru Route scene animated. ;w; It really got me to tears when I saw that.

I'm not exactly a tumblr fan myself either, usually I just go there for anime gifs :D But so far, not counting Kotarou's decapitation and tsundere Kagari, there wasn't anything really interesting. The episode has just aired though, so maybe we will get more within a few days or so.
Jan 14, 2017 6:14 PM
Jul 2018
Kitsu-nee said:
Symphyon said:

I'm not exactly a tumblr fan myself either, usually I just go there for anime gifs :D But so far, not counting Kotarou's decapitation and tsundere Kagari, there wasn't anything really interesting. The episode has just aired though, so maybe we will get more within a few days or so.

Hopefully we do get more in the next few days altho while my internet is completely horrible, I got a decent amount of screenshots from the episode. I still feel happy about it for some reason, maybe because I can get my heart wrecked again xD (if you include the VN Moon Route 4 times reading, this is the fifth time going through Moon Route, except anime format... so we will probably get our hearts ripped, who knows)

Edited: The fact that they adapted the inner thought of what Kotarou thought of Kagari makes me giggle, tho while its Crunchyroll, I remembered it was "sewage water" but it works too, still funny XD
Jan 14, 2017 6:32 PM

Jun 2013

I love this so much
Jan 14, 2017 6:59 PM
Jul 2018
Murasa22 said:

I love this so much

Can I download this? ;w; I love this scene >-<
Jan 14, 2017 7:00 PM

Feb 2012
I'm somewhat confused. Glad to see Kagari again tho.
Jan 14, 2017 7:06 PM

Jun 2013
Symphyon said:
Murasa22 said:

I love this so much

Sure, i made this gif for sharing purposes xD
Jan 14, 2017 7:07 PM

Dec 2014
a good start off with memories ...I wish it does not get as confusing as the first season
Jan 14, 2017 7:11 PM
Jul 2018
Murasa22 said:
Symphyon said:

Sure, i made this gif for sharing purposes xD

I tend to ask these before taking them (which is another habit of mine) But alrighty, thank ye >w<
Jan 14, 2017 7:20 PM

Dec 2015
They made a good job adapting the VN on the first episode. However, anime-only watchers won't understand what's going on.

But still, 3 cups of feecof is the only way just to get a loli. Typical Kagari.
Jan 14, 2017 7:32 PM

Oct 2012
Kitsu-nee said:
Vocal version of Daisy sounds great too, hopefully they will release full version soon!

The full version is actually from this arrange album, I hope they use more tracks from it as they're all beautiful.

Jan 14, 2017 7:39 PM

Jul 2016
Astonishing first episode, though I'm kinda confused from what did happened on this episode, cause I'm not a vn reader of this.

So from what I have understand, Koutarou's routes with different heroine, is kinda like worldlines in Steins;Gate, and his way of reborning is like Subaru, where he must first die then start again. I'm do wondering what's the purpose of him in this cycle of dying then reborning again, is he on duty to save the world from dystopia, and if yes, what will happened to him and Kagari if he successfully save the world.

I kinda have a lot of question on this show, I hope every curiosity of mine will be answered on the following episodes. Btw love the OP suits well with the atmosphere.
Jan 14, 2017 7:48 PM

Jun 2013
Lol they treated Koutaro's death like a joke. Someone getting killed again and again is not supposed to be funny dammit!

So Koutaro was getting killed by Kagari each time he approached her. The world would get rewritten and he would do the same thing again with the same result. And after getting killed he would make different decisions and end up with all the girls one by one, which means that the world didn't end at the same time when it ended in 3first season. As in, the end get delayed some times and comes early at others. Lol when Koutaro was recalling the vague memories he has of having sex with Akane (and Kotori, of course) and the two Lucias. They won't go into those routes so they put them on the side as stuff which happened after Koutaro got killed and brought back along with the rest of the world.

There are some things which didn't make sense. How did the end come when Kagari died in beginning of the episode? What was up with Koutaro walking through the ruined city with signs of the girls being there? When does this going to Kagari event take place? And where does this happen?

Nice episode overall with some good comedy but stuff which didn't make sense. They should tell what exactly is going on when Koutaro goes to Kagari.
Jan 14, 2017 8:41 PM

Jan 2016
The op gave me chills, I liked it.
I wonder if they will adapt
HikkiHikkiJan 18, 2017 1:04 AM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

115 by phantomic109 »»
Jun 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

201 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2017

110 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

154 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 5:45 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2017

95 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2021 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.