Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2016 12:37 PM

Feb 2015
Wew, that was much better than in the game. Armatization (combining with a seraph to gain their powers for the anime viewers that haven't had it explained yet) is introduced earlier than in the game, but it fits so much better here contrary to the lackluster introduction it had in the game.

I'm also liking Lunarre a lot more so far. He is getting much deserved extra screen time.

This episode was an easy 6/5. Bonus points for the Dezel cameo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2016 12:38 PM

May 2010
If only all game adaptations were as good as this... Never played the game before. Sorey transformation left me completely dumbstruck. So beautiful.
This is one anime I would love to have the BD...
I'm assuming Sorey will be collecting seraphims?
Jul 24, 2016 12:42 PM

Sep 2011
Only I noticed those 3 weird cuts in the episode? xD
Well, besides that, it was a great episode. It felt a bit rushed and I didn't expect armatization so soon, but that was actually not a bad change. Sleep well, Sorey xD
Jul 24, 2016 12:59 PM

Apr 2016
AMAZING....

What else to say !
Jul 24, 2016 1:01 PM

May 2015
Another week to wait.....
Bruh that's why i don't like watching airing anime but i cannot contain myself :(
Jul 24, 2016 1:44 PM
Feb 2010
WHAT? Sorey is the Sheperd!? Who would have thought?
Jul 24, 2016 1:45 PM

Feb 2015
That is what i was talking about from the very freaking beginning. That was so freaking epic!!! finally, i can see something like that from ufotable again xD moreover it has fantasy element in it which i really really like.

The negative energy which coming from many people and manifesting into somekind of aura and at some point, all of them become one and manifest into something evil. i like that.

looking foward for the next episode.
and looks like i already have my own fav character lol xD
Jul 24, 2016 1:52 PM

Aug 2013
that was really freaking epic. i love the animation in this show, it's so amazing.
i liked lailah's new voice as well! it fit
Jul 24, 2016 2:14 PM

Nov 2011
holy jesus fuck.
that was majestic and fucking awesome.
Hate Keeps me warm
Jul 24, 2016 2:30 PM

Jul 2012
The animation was very nice. Bankai ftw. Looking forward to the next episode.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jul 24, 2016 2:35 PM

Sep 2011
This adaption is not only salvaging the game but outright excelling at what the game should have, this could actually be a great anime at this rate and im very excited to see edna and zavied next week.

Bravo to you staff, i was angry this game was getting an adaption ever since it was announced as it was really undeserving, but you are outdoing yourself and giving us the tales of experience we should had gotten, just again i beg you, dont spoil berseria.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 24, 2016 2:50 PM

Apr 2010
Summer is the season of missing Miyu Matsuki. :( (not that the new VA sounded bad)
Jul 24, 2016 2:55 PM
Mar 2016
Lailah~ :3
Lailah and my favorit element. Fire

i never play the game, but for Armatization is bit too early?

that is Dragon? i think is T-Rex with Wing LOL

What the Hell with Assassination Scene, are Assassin always "Strike from the Shadow"?
then why she take a duel with Alisha :))

Cetais said:

he only is Human with special ability "see the seraph" before, he become sheperd after make a contract with Lailah, seriously you suprise? or only kind of joke?
NdanHMJul 24, 2016 3:02 PM
Jul 24, 2016 2:56 PM

Sep 2014
This was much more interesting than I expected. Hopefuly they'll keep up the good work and make adaptation much better than the game itself. From what everyone's saying, it seems to be better than the game already, which is promising since the negative comments about the game were the one thing holding me back a couple of weeks ago.
Jul 24, 2016 3:07 PM

Apr 2009
As someone who played the game I say the gaps in the story now are huge!
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jul 24, 2016 3:10 PM

Oct 2015
We're finally getting started! I would have died if the episode ended without Sorey pulling out the sword. And his new transformation is badass and pretty sexy (is he wearing tights or a bodysuit lmao?)

Mikleo is beautiful as always and I appreciated the scene where Sorey was supporting him because of the malevolance ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) #mikleobestgril
XemiiX3Jul 24, 2016 5:09 PM
Jul 24, 2016 3:19 PM

May 2015
Sooo...Sorey finally evolved. To bad that he is another fire/fightning pokemon. :(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 24, 2016 3:35 PM

Oct 2011
lailah. Rose.Dezel ahhhhhhh
Jul 24, 2016 4:00 PM

Apr 2010
FrozenRaider said:
Sooo...Sorey finally evolved. To bad that he is another fire/fightning pokemon. :(

Don't say that too loud. You might get people to break into ufotable's studios to try and capture him.
Jul 24, 2016 4:02 PM

May 2015
Epic episode. That was some neat action, accompanied with some great OST. Transformed Sorey looks awesome. The visuals and animation are still superb. ufotable is going at it again.

Jul 24, 2016 4:08 PM
Feb 2010
Hamudanu said:
Lailah~ :3

Cetais said:

he only is Human with special ability "see the seraph" before, he become sheperd after make a contract with Lailah, seriously you suprise? or only kind of joke?

It was a sarcasm.
Right when they first mentionned the whole "Shepherd" thing, it was plain obvious that it was Sorey. Hell, the "shepherd glove" could only look good on Sorey; the design of it was way too similar to him.

Knowing how much the Tales of use cliche, it was obvious as fuck.
Jul 24, 2016 4:32 PM

Mar 2015
Daaamn, that cathedral scene was way better than the games version, and I liked the games version to start with. So far all the changes they've made have been great additions. I don't know why but every time they say Sorey's name I keep hearing it as "Slaine" and I can't help but chuckle a bit.

Hey, when a woman tells you to thrust into something you best get to thrustin'. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(Though I'm pretty sure that's just a bit mistranslated heh.)
Jul 24, 2016 4:47 PM
Apr 2010
I don't know why everyone's hating the game, I enjoyed it from start to end. The only thing I agree with is that some things were left untold. There is one character who's really interesting and who's background wasn't revealed, while I guess we all wanted to know how she ended up like this. Some things were badly explained, I won't get into details because it would spoil you.

It's redeeming point is that all characters are likable and I feel like the original voice actors did a really good job giving life to them (edna is the best).

If they correct all this, I think it can be a great anime. I just think the pacing is too fast for a 24 episodes run, so I wonder how they'll introduce Berseria into this.
Jul 24, 2016 5:01 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. WOW Ladylake look so beautiful. Sorey & Mikleo already encountering that Hyouma again.
Nice swordplay between Alisha & that assassin.

That Hyouma Dragon was something.
Cool to see Lailah. Sorey is the Shepherd. That was an awesome transformation/fusion with Lailah.

Those preview skits are so damn good.
Santoryu_XBurnerJul 24, 2016 5:21 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 24, 2016 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
That fight scene with Sorey's Theme ~The Shepherd~ playing on the background was legit.
Jul 24, 2016 5:07 PM

Nov 2014
The lack of Fai on this thread is interesting hmmm.....
Jul 24, 2016 5:19 PM

Jul 2015
royaldocks said:
Don't worry, the Totally not bias negatives comment will come shortly...
Sup...
Jul 24, 2016 6:14 PM

Jan 2008
Opening finally starting to grow on me.

Smiled when I heard Rose. Guess they chose not to sell the pipe... Lol. Looks like they're not even trying to hide her intentions. Well, not like it wasn't obvious from the game either.

Can't wait to see the more quirky side of Lailah.
Jul 24, 2016 6:20 PM

Jan 2014
Fappa said:
I'll need some time to get used to Lailah's new voice but she's growing on me fast!
Yeah man...RIP...I already miss her ;_;

Lailah's voice was %30 of the reason i played the game...
Jul 24, 2016 6:32 PM
May 2010
Different from the game but it was awesome and well executed, so far this adaptation hasn't let me down.
Jul 24, 2016 6:45 PM

Dec 2009
This is a fucking amazing adaptation so far, I love all the changes from introducing Rose early on to having Armatization happen right away when Sorey and Lailah fight, gaaah I'm loving this so much as a fan of the game. Still looking forward to best girl Edna appearing, let's hope it doesn't take too long, I need the trolling to happen :D
Jul 24, 2016 6:46 PM

Aug 2015
Giving him armatization off the bat was a change I warmly welcome. Really nice changes being made for this adaptation.
Jul 24, 2016 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
This is going well, I liked the changes they made so far.. including armatization so soon was a good choice too, can't wait to see Edna and Zaveid make their debuts
removed-userJul 24, 2016 6:54 PM
Jul 24, 2016 7:01 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
We need Fai here, there's too much positivity in this thread !

seriously tho, finally, an episode that entertained me.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 24, 2016 7:01 PM

Jan 2011
already prepared myself or Laliah's new VA it's nice but it's just not the same you know :(

with that said this continues to be far better than i expected love watching Rose fight,and Armatization earlier was a nice change and it actually looked powerful like it's suppose to.
Jul 24, 2016 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
Great action in this episode, and yes armatization!!!. I can't wait till Zaveid comes though. I love how they use the music from the game
removed-userJul 24, 2016 7:13 PM
Jul 24, 2016 7:15 PM

Jan 2015
astroprogs said:
. Digital effect can only hide crappy CGI so much.

I dont think the digital effect is there to hide anything. It was meant to show its something born from emotion, something normal people weren't seeing and no intelligence of its own. So, sort of ethereal?

As for the model and animations of the thing, i wouldn't go as far as saying "Crappy cgi" when there is virtually nothing better to compare to in other anime. The model had rigs and it was moving around and had some unique animations, and was actually flapping its wings.
In another anime it would just stand still breathe fire or something or fly around without flapping its wings.
I wouldn't expect Blizzard cinematic quality cgi just cuz its Ufotable.
FrozenkexJul 24, 2016 7:18 PM
Jul 24, 2016 7:25 PM

Aug 2013
Amazing episode might be aots imo.

It's so good even Fai is taking longer then usual to trash it.
Jul 24, 2016 7:32 PM

Aug 2011
This was a pretty great episode, I'm just a little pissed that the malevolence didn't turn people into Hellions like it did in the game. I felt like that scene showed malevolence being more of a threat because it can corrupt humans just by being in the air. Also the armatization was so early. Sorey just became Shephard, so this must have a huge impact on his body.

The animation was absolutely amazing and I'm glad that Sorey's journey finally starts.
Jul 24, 2016 7:37 PM

Jul 2016
Awesome episode.

At this point, we can safely claim that the Anime is very different from the game. It will keep key-elements, but it will tell the story their own way.

I like it.

While Amatization is awesome, I hope we get to see them fight in normal state as well (I mean, they will, but I hope that both Armatization and normal state get plenty of screen-time_.

Jul 24, 2016 7:58 PM

Aug 2014
UFOtable is /probably/ the only anime studio that could bring justice to any of the Tales games anime adaptation. No studio no matter how go- tier they are eg. Madhouse could animate this beautifully!

I can't wait for the next epsiode! This is my most anticipated anime this season imo...
Jul 24, 2016 8:13 PM
May 2010
Damn, the dragon was done so well! How it came out from this "egg" like bubble, turned into almost a worm like thing that looked similar to the chestbusters from aliens, to then morphing into a dragon... so well done!
Jul 24, 2016 8:32 PM

Aug 2010
Frozenkex said:
astroprogs said:
. Digital effect can only hide crappy CGI so much.

I dont think the digital effect is there to hide anything. It was meant to show its something born from emotion, something normal people weren't seeing and no intelligence of its own. So, sort of ethereal?

As for the model and animations of the thing, i wouldn't go as far as saying "Crappy cgi" when there is virtually nothing better to compare to in other anime. The model had rigs and it was moving around and had some unique animations, and was actually flapping its wings.
In another anime it would just stand still breathe fire or something or fly around without flapping its wings.
I wouldn't expect Blizzard cinematic quality cgi just cuz its Ufotable.

Well, ufo obscures everything with digital effects, not just the CGI.

About my "crappy CGI" comment, i don't really compare it to other anime's CGI, as they're all very bad as well, but to hand-drawn animation. Using 3D in a 2D environment is still a very tricky thing because the current method of implementing it is flawed in terms of blending and making the style, FPS, camera movement, filtering and accurate color matching consistent between these two environments. It's not really ufo's fault as it's a limitation of the current technology, i actually commend them for trying to overlay all the jarring models with digital effects, which works pretty well with their own style.

Every anime CGI at the moment is "crappy CGI". I wish the studios to just drop it until the technology matures more because all the current implementations will date every show that use them. I know that they use it to save money, but that doesn't really excuse anything in my eyes.
astroprogsJul 24, 2016 8:40 PM
Jul 24, 2016 8:34 PM

Sep 2015
UFO really knows alisha is the best heroine here, so they give her more story
Jul 24, 2016 8:50 PM

Mar 2015
The music and the action was top quality this episode. 10/10 for UFO.
Jul 24, 2016 8:51 PM

Jul 2015
RIP Miyu Natsuki! :(

I'm liking Lailah's new VA, Noriko Shitaya (Sakura from the Fate Series)
I wouldn't be surprised if she suddenly had the urge to say senpai lol

I'm really interested in how they're going to handle the rest of the adaptation!

aaaand more of the girls (Rose, Alisha, Lailah and Edna) <3

Jul 24, 2016 9:08 PM

Mar 2015
That was stunning. Visuals are fantastic, and the designs are great.
Jul 24, 2016 9:59 PM

Sep 2011
SenpaiJay98 said:
royaldocks said:
Don't worry, the Totally not bias negatives comment will come shortly...

I mean we're all biased so I don't really get why people are so defensive when Fai doesn't like something
Jul 24, 2016 10:04 PM

May 2015
Armatization superbly done :D Guess they can't resist using it this early in the show.

Meanwhile in the audience...

People are wondering why Sorey is randomly swinging at the air, making some effects. Thinking that a nut job who talks to himself drew an important sword.

A bit awkward considering it's such a cool scene xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2016 10:58 PM

Apr 2010
usuis said:
UFOtable is /probably/ the only anime studio that could bring justice to any of the Tales games anime adaptation. No studio no matter how go- tier they are eg. Madhouse could animate this beautifully!

I can't wait for the next epsiode! This is my most anticipated anime this season imo...

ufotable also does the animated scenes for the games so...
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

188 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

138 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

105 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

128 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jul 10, 2016

220 by bushman66 »»
Nov 22, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.