Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 28, 2016 1:14 AM

Dec 2012
Geez, just release the game already lol.
Jul 3, 2016 7:57 PM

Dec 2008
This was definitely far more enjoyable than the first episode, and also quite a bit touching. I never cared for any of the characters, but I think I may enjoy seeing more of Prompto.
Jul 4, 2016 2:13 PM

Jul 2016
Another great ep, really hyped for this game. Pls don't disappoint again Square Enix (like they did with FF13).
Jul 4, 2016 7:34 PM

Aug 2013
Lerargh said:
I couldn't help but feel that there was a lot of judgement going around, mostly from Prompto himself. Maybe it was intentional, but it was a little sad.

Yeah, isn't it? Especially because it looks like he could have spent that entire time finding a friend that would accept him!

I like this episode more than the first one...it's more interesting, at least in terms of establishing a backstory for these characters.

And the dogs were cute.

EDIT: New episode is out tomorrow, which makes that Episode 3. This thing probably needs to be longer than five minutes.
LunaCSunshineJul 6, 2016 2:02 PM
Jul 15, 2016 7:16 AM

Aug 2012
I don't think he has a crush on her. Since he was lonely (alone at home, doesn't seem to have many friends, not much self confidence) he was surprised and somehow honoured that someone (especally someone like her, I mean a princess while he doesn't seem to love himself much) give him a mission, believe in him enough to ask him something. He feels worthy so I believe he is just grateful to her for make him feel this way. I really really don't think it's love at all.
Aug 10, 2016 2:46 PM

Sep 2014
They didn't showed the fight result :/

Anyway the backstory of Prompt was nice. the sniffing though lol XD
Aug 22, 2016 5:48 PM

Jun 2009
this episode had more character development than most anime have their entire length.
Oct 1, 2016 11:59 AM

Aug 2014
Not the past I expecting from Prompto o_0

I didn't really like the flashback tbh. It made it seem like Prompto only became friends with Noctis just so he could get close to Luna.
KashKetchumOct 1, 2016 1:25 PM
Nov 26, 2016 1:36 AM

Jul 2013
More than half a year since I saw the first episode because of some things with my fucking university getting in my way of having fun and shit. Anyway didn't the previous episode end in a cliffhanger with them fighting? What's with this episode? Also those houses, the school.. they look like the typical Japanese buildings definitely not what I envisioned what buildings would look like in the world of FFXV.
Nov 27, 2016 11:04 PM

Dec 2012
Prompto was heavy.

Noctis getting all the bitches.

Pryna belonged to Lunafrena.

Prompto creep is showing.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 29, 2016 6:41 AM

Jan 2013
PrimeX said:
More than half a year since I saw the first episode because of some things with my fucking university getting in my way of having fun and shit. Anyway didn't the previous episode end in a cliffhanger with them fighting? What's with this episode?.

At the start they talked about how the empire cant be that far behind after their enouncter so I'm guessing they managed to escape them.

This episode was a nice way of getting to know Prompto, really enjoyed it :)
Jan 15, 2017 8:05 AM

Jun 2009
Fat kid Prompto, who is creepily sniffing letters? Game forever ruined!!!

I also had no idea Insomnia looked this...Japanese.
Apr 6, 2017 10:38 PM

May 2010
Nice feel good episode. Great back story about Prompto!
Aug 22, 2017 3:30 AM

Mar 2015
Cute pups were cute!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 27, 2017 1:36 PM

May 2012
Quite lovely backstory I must say! Quite nice progression.
Mar 11, 2018 4:06 AM

Jan 2011
The convo in the game with Prompto when he talks about this has more weight now. No pun intended.
Aug 14, 2019 5:53 AM

Jan 2017
This episode was pretty darn good. It was awesome seeing Prompto turn his life around like that just to become friends with Noctis. Also that creepy letter sniffing though, he's lucky he didn't suck Luna's letter up there.
Apr 16, 2020 9:15 AM

Jun 2017
I wasn't expecting anything out of this anime, and I've only played the game for a few hours so far - but this background on Prompto and Noct is pretty good stuff. Wouldn't'a guessed they basically met because of Luna's doggy.

One thing seems strange to me, in the game, Luna and Noct appear to be about the same age - in this, Lunafreya seems to be quite a bit older than he is. I guess puberty / growth spurt can account for that to a point, but she looks significantly older. The scenes from when they're kids in-game has them similar build / size compared to one another... that scene must have taken place a lot earlier... or someone didn't clear these details with the creator beforehand.
Oct 19, 2021 2:51 PM
Dec 2017
Prompto really came a long way over the years.

Jan 7, 2022 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
This was really heartwarming. I don't know much about the Final Fantasy game series, but an anime episode of this nature is the last thing I'd expect.

Prompto's story actually hits pretty close to home. I looked exactly like him when I was in middle school. Hair color/length, glasses, body type, and outfit. Even my voice was high like his. I too carried around a camera and was obsessed with taking pictures of everything... all the similarities are kind of scary now that I think about it. (Is Prompto's reason for photographing everything ever disclosed or does he just like taking pictures?)

In high school, the exact same thing happened to me... I lost my glasses, grew out my hair, and of course grew extremely thin. And I became a lot more sociable.

I've seen a lot of anime, but it's surreal when you come across a carbon copy of yourself, as far as appearance and personality goes. Heck, I think I even lost my weight in the same timeframe as Prompto. Took me a few grades and was gradual. Although I never forced myself to jog outside of school -- I think it was the rigorous middle and high school PE class that helped me out.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV Episode 5 Discussion

Orbital_Fram3 - Sep 16, 2016

40 by Playcool »»
Jun 18, 2023 7:36 AM

» Can I watch this without playing the game?

TheElevenTails - Sep 19, 2016

12 by removed-user »»
Feb 1, 2022 9:05 PM

Poll: » Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV Episode 4 Discussion

Orbital_Fram3 - Aug 17, 2016

21 by removed-user »»
Feb 1, 2022 9:01 PM

» Watch order

FurySlasher - Jan 17, 2022

6 by KHK001 »»
Jan 17, 2022 5:06 PM

Poll: » Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV Episode 3 Discussion

kaitonic - Jul 7, 2016

36 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 19, 2021 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.