Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 10, 2015 3:22 AM

Nov 2013
Shipping wars for this series are rather tame, most people are shipping the same characters anyway.
Oct 10, 2015 5:54 AM

Mar 2014
Botato said:
Shipping wars for this series are rather tame, most people are shipping the same characters anyway.

We need more of the ultra rare Osamu x Nasu ship
Oct 10, 2015 6:47 AM

Nov 2013
Dues-aj said:
Botato said:

I expected her to be shipped with Izumi lol.
Oct 10, 2015 8:16 AM

Oct 2014
vangoz said:
It seems Toei is shipping Osamu x Kitora and Yuma x Chika.

But the unique point of World Trigger is how Osamu is so weak and there's no sudden power up for him (except once when he used Chika's trion). If he got sudden power up then it wouldn't feel like World Trigger anymore.

I'm more of an Osamu x Konami shipper, it's a lonely ship~

Indeed, Osamu is pretty much the only real underdog MC we got in JUMP so far. Otherwise we got tons of dark horses or straight forward heroes who try to make it to the top against other talented geniuses as they all got the possibilities to beat them on their own.
It's why I enjoy watching Osamu progressing in battle although as we saw in this episode Osamu still sucks compared to many other agents. xD

Dues-aj said:

They got some nice fanart. <3

Botato said:

Izumi is trion-sexual, everybody knows that. That's why he got such a huge interest in Chika. xDDD
Besides that artists seems to use him as gay ship material mostly.

Botato said:

Yeah, Ashihara is really tame with shipping hints and when he gives them they are usually not main characters and it is not a romance which might play an important part for the story either. Maybe Toei gonna change that a bit with their filler season coming up?
Oct 10, 2015 8:54 AM

Mar 2014
James_Rye said:

Yeah, Ashihara is really tame with shipping hints and when he gives them they are usually not main characters and it is not a romance which might play an important part for the story either. Maybe Toei gonna change that a bit with their filler season coming up?

Well he mentioned in an author comment that his main team always has Osamu and Kitora for the Smash Borders mobile game.
Oct 10, 2015 9:20 AM

Nov 2013
James_Rye said:
I'm more of an Osamu x Konami shipper, it's a lonely ship~
Damn right it is, are you crazy @_@
TorimaruXKonami set sail ages ago...

James_Rye said:
Botato said:

Izumi is trion-sexual, everybody knows that. That's why he got such a huge interest in Chika. xDDD
Besides that artists seems to use him as gay ship material mostly.
Good point, I wonder if he eats trion cubes for breakfast xD

James_Rye said:
Botato said:

Who knows, personally I think the way it has been is better, but we'll see.

James_Rye said:
Indeed, Osamu is pretty much the only real underdog MC we got in JUMP so far. Otherwise we got tons of dark horses or straight forward heroes who try to make it to the top against other talented geniuses as they all got the possibilities to beat them on their own.
It's why I enjoy watching Osamu progressing in battle although as we saw in this episode Osamu still sucks compared to many other agents. xD
My problem with this episode is that all the beating he took was just a waste of time and effort. Why not at least show him get a little progress like he did with Kazama during the enlistment arc? I know it's filler and probably doesn't matter in the big picture but it still bothered me <.<

This might be problematic for later events (if they get animated after the filler arc); I'm talking about

Well, I also disliked how Karasuma and the others at Tamakoma reacted the same way they did when he first joined them despite everything they've been through in the invasion and rank wars. It's as if they suddenly decided to ignore his progress.
Oct 10, 2015 9:29 AM

Mar 2014
Botato said:

Well, I also disliked how Karasuma and the others at Tamakoma reacted the same way they did when he first joined them despite everything they've been through in the invasion and rank wars. It's as if they suddenly decided to ignore his progress.

I don't like Karasuma as a teacher for Osamu either way
Oct 10, 2015 10:06 AM

Nov 2013
Karasuma did help him a lot though. Osamu was a total noob who didn't even know Raygust had a shield mode... Basically he first needed to learn how to use a Trigger.

Then he can start learning how to actually fight.

I guess Konami would have been a bigger help to him than Karasuma after he learns the basics, since her teaching involves kicking her student's butt until they get better (battle experience for Osamu is what he needs most currently).
Oct 10, 2015 1:29 PM

Mar 2014
Botato said:
Karasuma did help him a lot though. Osamu was a total noob who didn't even know Raygust had a shield mode... Basically he first needed to learn how to use a Trigger.

Then he can start learning how to actually fight.

I guess Konami would have been a bigger help to him than Karasuma after he learns the basics, since her teaching involves kicking her student's butt until they get better (battle experience for Osamu is what he needs most currently).
I felt like we actually learned something about shooting from them though
Oct 10, 2015 7:29 PM
Jan 2014
Botato said:

Now I think about it, isn't it weird how a smart guy like Osamu didn't even know basic functionalities of his favourite trigger? You bet Border must have taught their trainee agents about the triggers, and even now he's already a B-rank agent but still don't have that much knowledge.

Plot hole I guess.
Oct 10, 2015 8:51 PM

Mar 2014
vangoz said:
Botato said:

Now I think about it, isn't it weird how a smart guy like Osamu didn't even know basic functionalities of his favourite trigger? You bet Border must have taught their trainee agents about the triggers, and even now he's already a B-rank agent but still don't have that much knowledge.

Plot hole I guess.

Yeah I always thought that was weird. Him knowing that wouldn't have changed anything in the story up to that point, but it was a bit of an inconsistent thing for him to say.
Oct 11, 2015 7:11 AM

Nov 2013
No it just means Border doesn't actually teach trainees. Or rather, the agents acting as supervisors during Osamu's enlistment just didn't bother I guess. We've seen Azuma and Satori explain the three types of sniper rifles to the newbies, but Arashiyama and the others didn't explain anything to the attackers/shooters. They just told them to get in a booth and fight a Bamster. A lot of the trainees were surprised by the sudden order and Osamu also commented that it was the same way for him when he first enlisted.
Considering he was keeping being a Border agent secret, he probably didn't go to HQ much to train or have solo rank wars.
Even when he was promoted to B-Rank it happened so suddenly and then there was the whole Black Trigger matter with Miwa squad.

Tl;dr I think it's reasonable enough that he was a noob.

What I am more curious about is why did Jin (I assume?) help Osamu enlist and become C-Rank in the first place. Iirc, Osamu was rejected at first and was told he'd be better off as an operator or engineer/rescue squad/whatever instead of a combatant, if he insists on joining Border.
Oct 11, 2015 8:49 AM

Mar 2014
Botato said:
No it just means Border doesn't actually teach trainees. Or rather, the agents acting as supervisors during Osamu's enlistment just didn't bother I guess. We've seen Azuma and Satori explain the three types of sniper rifles to the newbies, but Arashiyama and the others didn't explain anything to the attackers/shooters. They just told them to get in a booth and fight a Bamster. A lot of the trainees were surprised by the sudden order and Osamu also commented that it was the same way for him when he first enlisted.
Considering he was keeping being a Border agent secret, he probably didn't go to HQ much to train or have solo rank wars.
Even when he was promoted to B-Rank it happened so suddenly and then there was the whole Black Trigger matter with Miwa squad.

Tl;dr I think it's reasonable enough that he was a noob.

What I am more curious about is why did Jin (I assume?) help Osamu enlist and become C-Rank in the first place. Iirc, Osamu was rejected at first and was told he'd be better off as an operator or engineer/rescue squad/whatever instead of a combatant, if he insists on joining Border.

Yeah, but there is no reason for Osamu to choose Raygust if he doesn't know about Shield mode. It's stats are worse in every way compared to a Kogetsu in blade mode. Unless he just blindly chose a weapon without researching.
Oct 11, 2015 9:09 AM

Nov 2013
It might have just been due to his Trion ability being low. Kogetsu needs high Trion ability to cut stuff, Scorpion has low durability so the more it breaks the more Trion you will waste, leaving only Raygust as a viable weapon. Asteroid and Snipers are out of the question, obviously. Basically, he tried them and found Raygust to be more suitable.

Or yeah he might have just chose blindly or, you know, maybe Border gives Triggers to C-Ranks at random?

Idk. I think we're dipping into nitpicking territory.
Oct 11, 2015 9:36 AM

Mar 2014
Botato said:
It might have just been due to his Trion ability being low. Kogetsu needs high Trion ability to cut stuff, Scorpion has low durability so the more it breaks the more Trion you will waste, leaving only Raygust as a viable weapon. Asteroid and Snipers are out of the question, obviously. Basically, he tried them and found Raygust to be more suitable.

Or yeah he might have just chose blindly or, you know, maybe Border gives Triggers to C-Ranks at random?

Idk. I think we're dipping into nitpicking territory.

It's a minor inconsistency like I said before. It doesn't hurt anything so I just normally leave it alone.
Oct 16, 2015 7:50 PM

Sep 2013
Osamu getting dominated in all the matches XD
Can barely kill 2 marmods XD XD

Nice Chika moments <3
Dec 14, 2015 6:12 PM

Jun 2011
No wonder this episode feels a bit off, especially the characterization for certain characters and the cheesiness that was at the end of the episode. Not too stoke on the new filler arc to be honest, especially when we were about to get into Osamu squad vs top B rank squads, and Osamu seems to be having a dilemma that will further develop his character and role in the story if he could overcome the problem.

So far I've taken a liking to the series, especially the invasion arc where so many supporting characters got to take a spotlight. The Aftokrator commanders are awesome, and because of them, we get to see a lot of awesome battle scenes. Replica said that they had 13 BT users, I wonder where were the rest during the invasion. Were the rest given another mission to invade another country in the Neighbourhood? I can't wait to see them whenever Aftokrator comes back to the plot.

The real downside of the series has got to be the production of the series, the direction. I honestly don't like what the director(s) was doing with the series. The opening song is jarringly misplaced, it was fine at first but it has gotten really ridiculous after the first cour. For the mid-episode break, they seem to just cut it off all of the sudden, even when we were in a middle of a moment. Not only that, a lot of which I thought were epic/cool moments, weren't given much focus as I would've liked it to, and were simple brushed off. In short, certain moments that should've had much more impact, didn't happen.

There is one more thing that tick me off, that is Osamu still being weak as hell. I know it's supposed to be his character, but I would love to see him actually get to do shit, even if he isn't overpower. There's a middle ground between the strong and the weak, and Osamu is not there. The general story seems to direct us toward that direction soon, as we've seen from this episode, so that's not much of a problem anymore for me.

Hopefully this upcoming filler arc will be worth watching, and would blend well into the series instead of becoming a disposable part, especially if they disrupt the time flow in the series.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 15, 2015 6:02 PM

May 2013
Osamu just can't see his worth in the eyes of those he affected.
But damn, when Yuma called Osamu his partner, the feels, man.
Hooray, new arc!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Feb 1, 2016 1:43 AM

Dec 2012
Chika wants to repay Osamu one day? Well, I'm sure momma Mikumo would like her to have his kids one day, so that's one way.

A lot of falling by Osamu today.

Well, that's it from me. I'll be back in a year when these fillers are done.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 8, 2016 1:19 PM

Jan 2015
A very touching story about Osamu !
Aug 24, 2017 11:50 PM

Apr 2009
Nope, no level-up or power-up or epiphany or significant insight into anything. He's still plain old, weak Osamu. *sigh* If he might change or Trion help us all, level-up, they might change the title to Osamu Trigger. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 4, 2020 5:58 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Right, so it's the filler arc from next episode onwards. I haven't heard too many positive things about it but I'm just hoping it won't ruin the momentum of the Rank-War Games.

Pretty cool theme song there by the way, and it was nice to see everyone chipping in to help Mikumo however possible.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 25, 2020 5:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well it's the proof that Osamu is a very important friend for them, his training was kinda hard and demotivating but at least he protected that kid against the neighbors at the end so that's fine
Jan 11, 2021 4:50 PM

Apr 2019
You haven't changed one bit! Osamu. Oops, im just getting anime mixed up because Kaji Yuki voices Osamu and Eren...

Well we finally got an ending again, sounds pretty good.

Jul 11, 2022 8:03 AM

Mar 2019
Yea this definitely felt like the end of season 1, I really don't want all those fillers, especially when they are bringing other characters that are anime only and also neighbors into this arc, breaks the immersion of Yuma being the only one and I don't really like it.

Was a nice ending though I wasn't a fan of how everyone came to fight him, so I'm kind of happy to find out that it's anime-only, lol (hopefully).
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 24, 5:06 PM
Jul 2023
the next part not being dubbed annoys me but not because i dont like sub
Aug 29, 11:39 AM

Jan 2016
Bro.... I feel like they just want to make clear to us Osamu is pathetic and his power is connections. Yes it makes sense for him to lose all those, but he didn't even put of a fight worthy of being a mid-b-rank. I wanted to give him credit for intellect and battle adaptation, but holy hell... He's just... gross.
Regardless, Mikumo is still at least 20x better than when we first saw him, but his lack of strategy in ANY of the fights this episode, was so irritating.

He is loved, and has great PR thanks to Yuma, Chika, his actions at the school, his actions during illgar attack, and his actions at the conference. He is kind of cool, but keeps disappointing me, which is annoying because I overall thought he was doing pretty good with 2nd and 3rd round of B-Rank Wars.

3/5, Yonami isn't only one, me and Osamu be falling for his claims. Based on ending, they will somehow manage to get on an away mission, but my guess is NOT because they are A-Rank, but because they will do things differently. Next episode will have neighbors who apparently are criminals in their nations.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

133 by LilyVarbik »»
Sep 15, 3:36 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 72 Discussion

Botato - Mar 26, 2016

37 by LilyVarbik »»
Sep 15, 3:02 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 71 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

23 by LilyVarbik »»
Sep 15, 2:12 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 70 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2016

45 by LilyVarbik »»
Sep 15, 1:29 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 69 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

46 by LilyVarbik »»
Sep 15, 12:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.