Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 24, 2015 9:24 AM

Sep 2011
Red_Tuesday said:
Numi said:

The soonest anyone can make a swap is during week two. A mistake like putting a late starter on your active team during registration will have a minimal impact on the amount of points earned during the entire season since it basically only affects week one (which usually has low points for most week one starts due to watching numbers often having only a couple days to accumulate) and the need of using swap in some instances, so I don't think it would be necessary to withdraw over that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I swap after week 2 starts, doesn't that swap only take effect for week 3's points onwards?

I guess I misunderstood then, I'll be fine if a week 2 swap counts for week 2.
If you swap during week 2, the points count for week 2.
Mar 24, 2015 9:33 AM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Tyrel said:
Red_Tuesday said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I swap after week 2 starts, doesn't that swap only take effect for week 3's points onwards?

I guess I misunderstood then, I'll be fine if a week 2 swap counts for week 2.
If you swap during week 2, the points count for week 2.

It is as Tyrel said, Red_Tuesday. Swaps that are made during week two are processed before points are tallied for week two. Glad we could clear that up for you!
Mar 24, 2015 2:26 PM

Nov 2011
Hmm. I have six shows picked out, but I'm not sure whether I want Food Wars or My Love Story!! for my last slot. The latter looks like it stands a better chance of becoming great, but the former has roughly double the PTW count and the hype I'm seeing for each is roughly equal.

Decisions, decisions...
Mar 24, 2015 2:38 PM

Sep 2011
TripleSRank said:
Hmm. I have six shows picked out, but I'm not sure whether I want Food Wars or My Love Story!! for my last slot. The latter looks like it stands a better chance of becoming great, but the former has roughly double the PTW count and the hype I'm seeing for each is roughly equal.

Decisions, decisions...
You definitely want Food Wars. It has more hype around it. The voice of the MC for monogatari will also throw a lot of the people away. It's an easy choice. Trust me. Almost everyone I know is picking Food Wars up.
Mar 24, 2015 5:35 PM

Feb 2012
Tyrel said:
TripleSRank said:

Decisions, decisions...
You definitely want Food Wars. It has more hype around it. The voice of the MC for monogatari will also throw a lot of the people away. It's an easy choice. Trust me. Almost everyone I know is picking Food Wars up.

Agree with Tyrel. Food wrs has sufficent hype, and my love story, aside from voices, will probably plateau earlier.
Mar 28, 2015 10:11 AM

Jun 2007
Uh oh, what time is the deadline?

ETA: Okay, just spotted it in the opening post :slaps forehead:.
TheTsunamiMar 28, 2015 10:26 AM
Mar 28, 2015 12:18 PM

Nov 2011
Submitted my team about days ago.

We are close to getting these rounds started!
Mar 29, 2015 9:21 AM
Mar 2015
ugh, didn't know there's a 3 day limit before I can send PMs.

can I post my team here?

edit: might as well, nothing to lose everything to gain kind of thing :D

Luna Edit: Removed team.
LunaMar 29, 2015 10:43 AM
Mar 29, 2015 10:44 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
@nyaw987: I've added your team to my list and you'll be on the headcount next time I'll update the thread ;)

If anyone else has problems with the 3 days limit, please post here (say that you have the problem) or even better send me a comment to let me know - you can sign up per email then. (Ah well, this is late now... only 15 minutes left until the deadline!)
Mar 29, 2015 10:48 AM
Mar 2015
Thanks! I don't think anyone else would have that problem considering that the registration will close in around 12 minutes :D
Mar 29, 2015 11:00 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Registration for FAL Spring 2015 has now ended! If you missed the registration for this season, don't worry. We'll be back for another FAL season in Fall 2015. Hope to see you then!
p r o f i l e 👀
Mar 29, 2015 7:24 PM

Jan 2012
Naruleach said:
Yay! FAL Season is finally here!

Luna_ said:
  • Ace
    In any week of the FAL season, 1 active anime on a team may be declared as the "Ace." The Ace will take effect the next time the scores are counted. The player's team will receive:
    • +3000 points if the Ace becomes the anime with the most points on the team for that week.
    • −3000 points if the Ace does not become the anime with the most points on the team for that week.
    Furthermore,
    • Aces are available as soon as the FAL season begins.
    • Each anime on a team may be declared as an Ace only 1 time per FAL season.
    • Once an anime passes 40000 members in "Currently Watching" and "Completed" combined, the anime is no longer eligible to be an Ace. The anime with the next highest total points on the team will then be awarded points if correctly declared as the Ace.
I think this new rule about the Ace will make FAL much more interesting :)

That's bad news for me since I always used my ace on the lead show around the later weeks to make sure I was the only one with the same team to use it and possibly earn more points.

A lot of people blindly used that ace on the first five weeks so it was very easy to earn the first place.

Goodbye my sneaky move ! :<

40000 is a high number so only a few shows will achieve this amount quickly
but trying to predict which teams will have unique scores on a specific week will be harder.
MagnordMar 29, 2015 7:27 PM
Mar 31, 2015 6:58 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Naruleach said:
Registration for FAL Spring 2015 has now ended! If you missed the registration for this season, don't worry. We'll be back for another FAL season in Fall 2015. Hope to see you then!

Aaww too bad I came across this club today .-.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 4, 2015 5:14 PM

Jul 2014
Hey, question:

I declared OreGairu Zoku as ace on day 1. It had 29K members at that point or something like that. What happens if it crosses 40K (which it is in danger of doing) after? Do I have to declare a new ace now that it looks like it'll pass 40K just before the cut-off?

Edit: Just noticed the 40K isn't relating to 'members', but 'currently watching', where can I find this info?

Edit 2: Nevermind, found this lovely well-hidden stats page, no worries.
Red_TuesdayApr 4, 2015 5:25 PM
Apr 4, 2015 5:31 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Red_Tuesday said:
Hey, question:

I declared OreGairu Zoku as ace on day 1. It had 29K members at that point or something like that. What happens if it crosses 40K (which it is in danger of doing) after? Do I have to declare a new ace now that it looks like it'll pass 40K just before the cut-off?

Edit: Just noticed the 40K isn't relating to 'members', but 'currently watching', where can I find this info?

Edit 2: Nevermind, found this lovely well-hidden stats page, no worries.

You'll only have to worry about it once the watching figure hits 40K, which probably won't happen this soon. ;) In any case, in the event that someone does submit an ace for a show that winds up breaking the 40K watching mark by the time points are tallied at the end of that week, it'll count as an error rather than a failed ace.
Apr 5, 2015 3:58 AM

Sep 2014
Um. This may be a stupid question, but I'm a first timer in this.
So... About the ace.

If the deadline is on sunday 18:00, as in today, if I want to declare an ace and send the post before 18:00, is it coubted for week one's or week two's stats? I mean, how early you need to send the pm for the ace to count? And if I want to use it in the week 2, have I send the message before the week 2 or during the week 2 before sunday 18:00?
Apr 5, 2015 6:42 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
quentariel said:
If the deadline is on sunday 18:00, as in today, if I want to declare an ace and send the post before 18:00, is it coubted for week one's or week two's stats? I mean, how early you need to send the pm for the ace to count? And if I want to use it in the week 2, have I send the message before the week 2 or during the week 2 before sunday 18:00?

Aces you send before the deadline will count for the current week. So if you send your ace before 18:00 today then it will count for week 1. If you want it to be counted for week 2 you should send it after 18:00 today and before next Sunday's (week 2) deadline.
Apr 5, 2015 7:43 AM

Sep 2014
^ Thanks for the answer, I get it now.
Another question popped in mind, though.

According to what time 18:00 is counted? Is there such thing as an official MAL time? and in what time zone that is?
Apr 5, 2015 10:43 AM

Jul 2014
quentariel said:
^ Thanks for the answer, I get it now.
Another question popped in mind, though.

According to what time 18:00 is counted? Is there such thing as an official MAL time? and in what time zone that is?

UTC.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc
Apr 5, 2015 11:29 AM

Sep 2014
Right, of course.
(feeling like an complete idiot).
But at least my ace made it in time now...
Apr 5, 2015 11:57 AM

Apr 2014
Naruleach said:

There is no Summer FAL?
Apr 5, 2015 12:12 PM

Feb 2010
Sendera said:
Naruleach said:

There is no Summer FAL?

Nope, there's only Spring and Fall.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 5, 2015 12:22 PM

Jul 2014
quentariel said:
Right, of course.
(feeling like an complete idiot).
But at least my ace made it in time now...

Glad to hear!
May 17, 2015 10:57 AM

Jul 2014
Luna_ said:

+6000*((un)weighted score) points for score ratings on MAL upon week 7.

Can you clarify what this means?

Currently I have the choice between Hibike! Euphonium and Grisaia no Meikyuu for ace.

But the above sentence doesn't explain how many points the 0.82 rating advantage Grisaia has over Hibike! will actually result in.
May 17, 2015 11:03 AM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Red_Tuesday said:
Luna_ said:

+6000*((un)weighted score) points for score ratings on MAL upon week 7.

Can you clarify what this means?

Currently I have the choice between Hibike! Euphonium and Grisaia no Meikyuu for ace.

But the above sentence doesn't explain how many points the 0.82 rating advantage Grisaia has over Hibike! will actually result in.

The score is multiplied by 6000. For instance a score of 7.50 would net you 45,000 points. Therefore, a 0.82 rating difference would result in a point difference of 4920.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Best Profile Design (April 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - May 3

5 by Bunnyama »»
May 8, 10:11 AM

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Winners

Nate - May 1

9 by Bunnyama »»
May 4, 6:59 AM

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (May 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - May 3

0 by KarenShirotori »»
May 3, 7:57 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

23 by Nate »»
Apr 30, 12:42 PM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

23 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Apr 29, 11:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.