Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 3, 2015 5:53 PM

Mar 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Zetto92 said:
While this is amazing news <3, what is there to do after Origination's perfect ending?
That is the question. Some people have suggested filling in where the animation skipped the manga, and while that could be good, it loses a lot in that we know how things end and there really can't be any more development. But doing something new to a perfect ending raises fears (there are few endings that can cause my eyes to water, Origination did, and it was even better than the manga's ending).

Normally I would be "hell yeah" to more of a show I absolutely adored, but this one scares me because it was just so right the way it was. But hope springs eternal.
My worries aside, I'm still hoping they go the original sequel route. Origination already ended with a modest time skip—which is a good way for a sequel to detach itself—and if the sequel were to start there, then it probably wouldn't feel like an unwelcome extension of Aria's story. It'd be fresh and distinct. At least, hopefully it would be.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 3, 2015 6:04 PM
Oct 2012
ImmahJosh said:
My worries aside, I'm still hoping they go the original sequel route. Origination already ended with a modest time skip—which is a good way for a sequel to detach itself—and if the sequel were to start there, then it probably wouldn't feel like an unwelcome extension of Aria's story. It'd be fresh and distinct. At least, hopefully it would be.

I don't think that this is going to be a series, but an ova or something similar. The poster says that it is something that is being released as a 10th anniversary present in addition to the Blue Ray release of the complete series.

The ann link above noted that the producer yanked the release from their website, so that means everything hasn't been finalized yet. But that it was on the production site, there is hope that something is being developed.

So maybe a nice "10 years later" story or maybe a "tourguide" to Neo_Venice, or something along those lines.
Feb 3, 2015 6:10 PM

Oct 2007
Aria isn't a show about getting a perfect ending. Does this new one has to be better than the Origination? No it doesn't. It just has to be as good as it can. Aria is all about enjoying what you are seeing.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 3, 2015 6:14 PM

Mar 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
I don't think that this is going to be a series, but an ova or something similar. The poster says that it is something that is being released as a 10th anniversary present in addition to the Blue Ray release of the complete series.
Yeah you're right. I got carried away in my own excitement, haha.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 3, 2015 6:14 PM

Apr 2011
Amarrez said:
Junichi Sato's (the director) comment

It is truly wonderful to not only be able to bring to greater beauty these scenes of old, but also to once again revisit Neo-Venezia. When I think on it, the production of Aria was truly one brought about by miracles. Having to write the first season with only 13 episodes had me racking my head in desperation, but at the end, beyond my wildest expectations, we ended up with 4 cours' worth of time...truly miraculous. My time working on Aria may have been filled with difficulties, but I like to think that I and the staff shared many happinesses too. Though regretfully some of us will not be able to join in with this project again, surely they will be happy for us too. Welcome, once again, to the world of Aria. Let us all have a wondrous time.

Is this true? Where did you saw this?

I hope this a series. an OVA is just not enough. I want to experience that happiness again. It doesn't need to be better than the last, as long as its good enough.
MagitoFeb 3, 2015 6:18 PM
Feb 3, 2015 6:33 PM

Nov 2013
WTB TICKETS TO THE HYPE GONDOLA

But yeah, I doubt it's going to be an entire series. True, there are some chapters in the manga that haven't been adapted, but they are scattered all over. Aria is mostly episodic but there's still an overarching progression to the manga, so an anime series consisting of these random chapters would be weird.
Feb 3, 2015 6:36 PM

May 2012
Fahyu said:
hype gondola

We need traghettos to carry all this hype.

Feb 3, 2015 6:40 PM

Apr 2011
I'm hoping it'll be where Origination left off. I want see more of Akari and Ai.

Please it be at least one-cour
Feb 3, 2015 7:18 PM
Aug 2010
Best news i have ever heard !! Hopefully it will be 26 or 52 episode anime.!!
Need more Akari!!
Feb 3, 2015 7:23 PM
Oct 2012
Magito said:
I hope this a series. an OVA is just not enough. I want to experience that happiness again. It doesn't need to be better than the last, as long as its good enough.

I have to disagree with you on this. Good enough is not good enough for perfection. One great OVA would curb stomp a "decent" series.

I should confess that for nearly any other series I would have agreed with you, but t this one. It's special.
Feb 3, 2015 7:50 PM

Apr 2011
This seems to be a saved version of the site, for anyone who needs some sort of reassurance or wants to read through it. Also, it links to a protected Twitter account.
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."
Feb 3, 2015 9:00 PM

Apr 2014
tears of joy

Feb 3, 2015 10:04 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Looking forward to it...hopefully it won't be a letdown
Feb 3, 2015 11:19 PM

Mar 2012
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

HYPE.
Feb 3, 2015 11:23 PM

May 2010
Holy... I thought it's going to be Amanchu but holy...

"Aria the" so I guess it's going to be a series. I can imagine the content already.

I wish them to stay healthy always so the series would be a big success.

I'm so happy, truly happy (T^T)
Feb 4, 2015 1:28 AM

Dec 2007
Best news of my life.
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Feb 4, 2015 2:41 AM

May 2010
Oh. my. God. This happened while I am still on season 3... Man I am so so soooo looking forward to it!
Feb 4, 2015 4:45 AM

Mar 2013
Need to call the feel doctors; I'm getting overwhelmed.
Feb 4, 2015 5:36 AM

Feb 2012
Jesus christ. All this hype
Feb 4, 2015 1:24 PM

Jan 2014
This news made my day, Get ready for the HYPE TRAIN !!!!
Feb 4, 2015 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
Well Origination had a very good conclusion, they better not screw shit up.
Feb 5, 2015 10:58 AM

Aug 2008
Hoppy said:
Super Hype

We may get the originals on BD after all.

It's confirmed.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-02-03/new-aria-anime-briefly-listed-for-september-screening/.84035

edwd2 said:
Well Origination had a very good conclusion, they better not screw shit up.

If they did we could just pretend it doesn't exist. Like the last 12 episodes of Death Note.
RacaholicFeb 5, 2015 11:01 AM
Feb 6, 2015 11:33 AM

Dec 2007
Is... is this real life? Will my signature and avatar be relevant again after all these years?

Feb 11, 2015 9:37 PM

Mar 2013
b14ckrose said:
Is... is this real life? Will my signature and avatar be relevant again after all these years?

Aria had had a cult fanbase for ages.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Feb 16, 2015 9:25 AM

Mar 2014
Now, I have to watch all the other animes.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Feb 17, 2015 9:15 PM

Oct 2014

On a more serious note, there has been no news on the format whether it'll be movie, OVA, or series.

According to google translate (pretty reliable for one word translation), "avvenire" means "future"... Aria the future... Ai-chan original story, maybe?

No gloves on all the character's hands, so "obviously" a story after origination.

EDIT: Another thing that caught my attention is that Alicia and Athena are still in their undine uniform. Isn't Alicia retired from being undine and now is in the Association, and Athena semi-retired to be an opera singer? The only active undine from the three fairies is supposed to be Akira only, right? Does the pic hold some kind of hint about the story, or it simply is a normal pic that shows all cast?

Pic:

Kozue Amano-sensei seems to support and responds positively on this new Aria.

Seeing that it will be handled by the same people, I hold high hopes. One does not simply try to ruin Aria. No one messes with Aria. NO ONE.
New_-Feb 17, 2015 11:09 PM
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Finally found it

Brittaman12 - May 23

4 by Abesh_Aziz »»
May 25, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Mar 31, 2008

317 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Mar 6, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 7, 2008

98 by Nius1 »»
Nov 9, 2023 1:50 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 3 Discussion

StarCreator - Jan 30, 2008

38 by Jungle_Warrior »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Mar 24, 2008

90 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.