Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 3, 2014 4:53 PM

Jun 2014
Oh holy shit. that was a REALLY good episode. But theres only one left... The pacing was pretty good... but still I would love for there to be more of this show. The characters, action and story telling are just too good to end like this!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 3, 2014 4:57 PM
Nov 2013
Who gave this 10 episodes? Even if they wrap this up next week I wish there was at least 12 episodes. I feel like it'll be incomplete..

Wow, definitely shocking truth. Emperor Gaz is back and Chaika is magic? Did not expect that tbh. Can't wait for the final conclusion! Hopefully Chaika doesn't sacrifice herself :/
Dec 3, 2014 5:06 PM

Nov 2013
This guy is waaay too powerful. Magic without a Gundo? Magic capable of destroying floating battleships/castles in seconds? Having his own floating fortress in space?

He has all but one: love and friendship - which will obviously defeat him like in all shounen haha.

But for real this episode was pretty shocking. My face was like that of the characters inside of it. Chaikas are this guy's magic? No one, even brother Shin knew what the hell was happening. I can't believe just one episode left... man......
Dec 3, 2014 5:16 PM

Nov 2014
a very intense episode... all those shocking truth...

now i wonder how will they end this story

but it felt rushed
MaxXZoeDec 3, 2014 5:20 PM
Dec 3, 2014 5:19 PM

Sep 2014
Nasty rebirth scene, and a bit lewd :D

Frederica needs to get back to action.
Dec 3, 2014 5:25 PM

Nov 2013
bastek66 said:
Shocking Truth: The Episode
Also Cat puke

Now, what to do with that corpse...
Dec 3, 2014 5:33 PM
Jun 2012
Uh, if he can launch multiple castle sized stations into orbit I don't know how the last war was lost. It shouldn't have even been a war. Just 1 side surrendering to fate.
Dec 3, 2014 5:34 PM

Apr 2013
Pfft. Flying fortresses? That so last two centuries...

I'm hundreds of years ahead of everyone else...

*Space fortresses x100; Gundo's of Mass Destruction; Immortal Body*

Dec 3, 2014 6:52 PM

Feb 2014
Unexpected plot-twist! This episode blew my mind. Nooo , next week is the last.

Black chaika was disgusting.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Dec 3, 2014 7:09 PM

Aug 2008
In the novel image, revived Gaz looked younger with silver hair. I knew Guy would be part of Gaz ever since he saved that captain. But how will they finish this in 1 episode. I hope they will conclude this in multi episodes ova.
Dec 3, 2014 7:13 PM

Apr 2011
Damn What an episode.

I really don't get what Gaz mean by white Chaika is magic and then Hartgen said she highly resembles the girl back in the past. And what do they mean by superior Chaika? I think there's more yet to be revealed in the last episode.
Dec 3, 2014 7:14 PM

Aug 2014
This episode shows Chaika being the epic fantasy anime I knew it had the potential to be.

I'm nervous about it being only one more episode left though. I hope they don't rush the ending with some ridiculous death for Gaz.
JayBlueDec 4, 2014 12:54 PM
Dec 3, 2014 7:48 PM

Mar 2009
Uhh, wow. That was certainly a weird episode of Chaika.
How are they going to wrap this all up with one episode left?
Dec 3, 2014 8:14 PM

Jul 2013
lol it looked like Black Chaika ate the remains from her vagina

Still, what a twist. I thought at first she was just going to reassemble the bodies but then she ate and assimilate it with fayla parts. Gaz is like Voldemort with nose.

So Chaika was just Gaz's servant. What I didn't expect was there are floating fortresses in SPACE. I was like, when did this became a sci-fi? lol.. I wonder how they're gonna wrap this nicely in 1 episode although I hope that the real conclusion would be in the OVA. I just can't see how 1 episode would be enough to explain everything including the aftermath.
Dec 3, 2014 8:15 PM

Feb 2008
Wait, does that mean we won't see a Tooru dragoon cavalier? noo u.u

Dec 3, 2014 8:26 PM

Aug 2013
Wow wow wow. holy shit fucking wow.

Shocking truth?

That whole black Chaika giving labor was weird. Then her weird alien spine exploded out of her body, but apparently she still isn't dead from next week's preview.

The best part about this episode was how everyone was literally shocked silent the entire time! Every single person in that room, Hatgren, Shin, Tooru, Akari, Chaika, Gillete, had their jaws on the floor from the moment the remains were floating until the end of the episode.

Emperor Gaz OP? Apparantly before he died he had an entire armada of satellite castles waiting in orbit. New level of OP has been reached.

Magito said:
Damn What an episode.

I really don't get what Gaz mean by white Chaika is magic and then Hartgen said she highly resembles the girl back in the past. And what do they mean by superior Chaika? I think there's more yet to be revealed in the last episode.

He meant that he literally developed a magic, and named it Chaika. The magic worked by turning orphaned girls into similar looking beings that were programmed by magic to fulfill Gaz's order. The girl that Chaika resembles is the girl that Gaz used as the source of memories for the Chaika spell. And superior Chaika just meant that she was better than all the rest at completing her purpose.
Jonesy974Dec 3, 2014 8:35 PM
Dec 3, 2014 8:57 PM
Jul 2012
Quick question. The forum has me a bit confused, Was Chaika actually made from a magic technique or was she just a part in the prep-work for the magic spell to revive Gaz?

But still, why only 1 more episode!? I want more Chaika. The series has been way too good for me to just let it end. In both seasons! I love it so far and I want to see more in terms of character development for our main trio. It doesn't seem like Tooru, Akira and Fredica have really development much. IMO, Tooru developed the most out of the three. And then we've got a lot of side characters(who are not a Chaika) that don't get a lot of development. It seems only Chaika(s) get development.

Also... that labor... my god. I'm so glad I'm not a woman, especially that Chaika. Heres a photo!

EDIT: After reading the 9 things in space, I think those are Gaz's new "castle" thing for collecting magic fuel. So, their solution for the finale is to destroy those so that Gaz won't be able to become as powerful as he was before with his infinite magic power.
AcxelionDec 3, 2014 9:22 PM
Dec 3, 2014 9:08 PM

Mar 2012
bastek66 said:
Also Cat puke
Thank you! I'll make good use of this.
Dec 3, 2014 9:39 PM

Apr 2009
HelghastKillzone said:
One cool piece of info about Chaika is that the final volume of the LN and TV series are set to release together.
just like what Bones did with FMA, Gosick, and Zetsuen then. this is why i like it when Bones adapts something.

anyway, after this episode, i am more convinced that Hitsugi no Chaika and its original light novel series is one big adaptation of a JRPG that doesn't exist.
Dec 3, 2014 10:00 PM
Jun 2014
that dang gaz is a seriously hard Scoper lol
Dec 3, 2014 10:32 PM
Oct 2014
Gaz put a whole new spin on planning ahead!!!
Dec 3, 2014 10:45 PM

Mar 2013
This is one weird episode.
Even White Chaika is too shocked to comprehend.
Dec 3, 2014 10:48 PM

Feb 2012
Damn, I wish the story was longer..
So much for white Chaika wanting to have a funeral for her father, he ended up being a huge dick.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2014 10:50 PM

Sep 2014
nice scene of an "underage" girl giving M A G I C A L birth

bastek66 said:

Also Cat puke

I guess I'll praise Bones as well.
Darstorm-SandudeDec 3, 2014 10:53 PM
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Dec 3, 2014 11:06 PM

Jun 2014
Darstorm-Sandude said:
nice scene of an "underage" girl giving M A G I C A L birth

bastek66 said:

Also Cat puke

I guess I'll praise Bones as well.

Lol anyhow, this episode near the end was great.

If I just get some cool Emperor Gaz moments, I can end giving the show a great score xD
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Dec 3, 2014 11:16 PM

Jul 2012
shits gonna get real
Dec 4, 2014 12:02 AM

Jun 2013
HOLY SHIT O__O

Guy was Gaz lol. Black Chaika ate her dad with her tentacly lady parts then gave birth to him wert.

How is there only 1 episode left????? How is this gonna go down??

Damn the wait for the last episode is gonna kill me
Dec 4, 2014 12:40 AM

Oct 2014
Gaz chose to die to, quote "plant a powerful feeling in him, the feeling of death", well bravo bravo clap clap clap. Btw that does not make any sense.

Really Gaz was your old body so dysfunctional that you want to go through a extremely tedious process to be reborned into another body. What a pretty tight plan Gaz, let a few frail girls to find your remains guarded by the most powerful heroes, surely they will not all die. Luck is by your side man.

Chaika everyone knows your a tool its not a big shock
My life is boring cause I'm boring
If you're not at school what can you do, you stare at a screen of bright pixels
Dec 4, 2014 1:03 AM

Jul 2014
Shocking truth indeed.

What an episode, lots of question answered.

I just hope they handle the last episode well.
Dec 4, 2014 1:05 AM

Jul 2012
kyonJIE said:
Gaz chose to die to, quote "plant a powerful feeling in him, the feeling of death", well bravo bravo clap clap clap. Btw that does not make any sense.

Really Gaz was your old body so dysfunctional that you want to go through a extremely tedious process to be reborned into another body. What a pretty tight plan Gaz, let a few frail girls to find your remains guarded by the most powerful heroes, surely they will not all die. Luck is by your side man.

Chaika everyone knows your a tool its not a big shock

IIRC White was called Chaika #357, so "a few" doesn't really do it justice.

But seriously, that giving birth part... ಠ_ಠ

And then there was only one episode left. I do wonder how this will be wrapped up.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Dec 4, 2014 2:21 AM

Apr 2012
kyonJIE said:

What doesn't make sense? Memories and emotions are both linked to magic fuel in the Chaika universe as explained in the previous episodes. The fear of dying is one of the most powerful emotions.

Dec 4, 2014 3:39 AM

Dec 2013
Wow fantastic episode ! :D

But in the end, apart from the black Chaika onee-sama, what is the role of the twins black Chaika ? I assume in the novel is better explored...

Does anyone know more about them ?
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Dec 4, 2014 4:54 AM

Jan 2013
So predictable it hurts. Every plot twist in this series is a not twist.

The only surprising thing is that Emperor Gaz apparently is Vash the Stampede.
Dec 4, 2014 4:56 AM

Nov 2011
It's been obvious for a long time that the reason for gathering the remains was to resurrect Gaz and not a 'funeral' so all i was expecting of this episode was presentation, which i have to say they did well. This season as a whole wasn't as good as as the first and i'll be very unhappy if it all concludes in the next ep, i'd rather see a 3rd season.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 4, 2014 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
Wtf...just wtf...???!!!
Dec 4, 2014 7:35 AM

Dec 2013
Guy being the Emperor is too obvious. I wonder how things gonna wrap up in just one episode.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 4, 2014 9:56 AM

Feb 2008
After this great episode, I can't help but think the finale is going to very rushed =/
Dec 4, 2014 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
Here goes all of my waaaaat. Holy shit, I wasn't expecting this at all. I just got mind blowed, and it doesn't look like I'm the only one, judging by Toru, Akari and Gilette faces. Is it going to be a FMA:B ending like? It look like it will be somekind of huge boss fight...

So Guy was Gaz. Shit, I thought that he was some kind of mindless devise, not Gaz...

My main concern is : how can they conclude the story in one episode. I just can't figure it out, there is so much left to conclude and I would also like a decent epilogue or something like that... Pleeeease, don't rush it off.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 4, 2014 12:12 PM

Oct 2011
Cannot believe next week is the last episode T_____T I hate 10 eps anime they are too short TwT.

How will Chaika end? Hope to find out next week
Dec 4, 2014 3:01 PM

Dec 2011
So Tooru, Akari and Fredrica have been thrown out like sacks of potatoes XD.

LOL, Fredrica puked herself into her cat form and is still being affected by the poison T.T

I'm still waiting for the moment that Tooru will accept Fredrica's offer and become a dragoon master...

Dat memory doe... I think our lil white Chaika might have the memories of his actually daughter... didn't they say he didn't actually have one XD... meh... too tired to remember...

The black Chaika is eating the remains... much to everyone's shock...

Um... so Arthur Gaz has reincarnated and looks like Guy eh... and now he aged himself and looks like he used to... Chaika is the name of the magic that was used to bring him back eh...

Ah, so Chaika resembles the girl who contributed her memories for the Chaika plan and she's #357 the wizard type...

Gaz just sniped that flying fortress XD.

That thing looked like a freaking space station.

I can't wait for the last episode to see how it will all end.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Dec 4, 2014 5:47 PM
Jun 2010
I want the koutei to win.
Dec 5, 2014 2:06 AM

May 2013
First of all, LONG LIVE EMPEROR GAZ! Bring war to the world again!
Second, Black Chaika looks like she was giving birth with all that screaming. Haha!
Lastly, everything else was pretty damn good. When Gaz called his floating castle, that was just awesome.

I'm a little disappointed because they are going to end it in one episode. They should have made this sequel into a movie instead. Last episode next week. I really hope it will become the best Chaika episode.
Dec 5, 2014 2:53 AM

Mar 2012
Well........what a surprising twist.

i don`t want it to end! T_T
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Dec 5, 2014 11:08 AM

Jan 2013
WHAT A TWIST! (M night face here)

All hail the Emperor!
Dec 5, 2014 11:49 AM

Dec 2011
So much plot development this episode. Oh my goodness. Should've figured Guy was the emperor. I still can't believe this will be wrapped up in one more episode... I wonder if they will end this by trying to defeat the emperor?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2014 1:00 PM

Mar 2013
everythnig is set to the final battle/episode now,
Guy revealed as the emperor, Black Chaika giving birth to Arthur
using the remains were so sick, all the Chaikas been used all alone.....
I have no idea how they going to pack
everything into 1 episode but i am prepare to a rushed ending episode.
last episode next week cant wait :O

Fredrica puking the cat is a moment i will always remember about this anime,
Arthur Gaz is one of the best villains i ever seen on anime.
NisxDec 5, 2014 1:09 PM
Dec 5, 2014 1:05 PM

Sep 2013
Ive guessed all along that Gaz's ambition was his revival but that still blew me away!
Dec 5, 2014 7:52 PM

Jun 2013
Who need beam saber if you have mega canon beam

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tag; image is too large.
julyanDec 5, 2014 11:19 PM
Dec 5, 2014 11:20 PM

Aug 2012
Well shit. That was a shocking truth.
The only way to defeat Gaz that I could think of is Tooru finally commencing that contract with Fredrica, but I think that's too convenient. I just hope that we'll have a movie of some sort to wrap this up.
Dec 6, 2014 1:03 AM
May 2011
Why in the world is VIVI TRASH is still alive? When will she finally die?????
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2014

302 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

70 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2014

95 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2014

91 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2014

80 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 4:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.