Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2014 3:20 PM
May 2014
CookingPriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

I'm curious about how they'll handle everything left with only three episodes, but A-1 hasn't done too badly so far (apart from the unnecessary ass shots of Sinon) so I'm not too worried.

I'd say I'd say it will take around two, maybe two and half episodes to handle it all.

2 sounds about right

Nov 29, 2014 3:27 PM

Dec 2013
I loved this episode. The action was amazing and the whole mystery behind Yuuki is very interesting. I can see what people mean when they talk about how this arc has a lot of feels.
Nov 29, 2014 3:29 PM

Jan 2013
That was quite a good fight, shame they didn't show a little of the fight between Kirito and Klein VS the other guild.

The old battle OST from the first season is always welcome.
That slowmo moment was good, and Yuuki is as greast as always, I do love her voice and personality.
I wonder why the emotional scene, is she going to die or something?
Nov 29, 2014 3:32 PM

Oct 2014
poor Yuuki

Asuna was amazing this episode in every way

Kirito managed to get a high cooking skill? either way he did a lot behind the scenes this ep

Yuuki is so much cuter when she smiles and i really want to see her smiling again
Nov 29, 2014 3:35 PM

Dec 2011
LOL, Blacky-sensei can't fight so many opponents at the same time? BLASPHEMY!

The way he deflected the magic reminded me of how he used to fight and deflect bullets in GGO XD.

HELL YEAH EXCALIBER!!! Ah, Klein came to help as well... meh...

Yuuki and Asuna are quite OP themselves XD.

Yuuki called Asuna "nee-chan" hmmm...

That was quite the intense boss fight and they finally got their names engraved T.T

Hmmm, I see there's still something wrong with them...

Ah, a nice victory party over at Asuna and Kirito's house.

They didn't let Asuna join the Sleeping Knights until Spring... hmm... are they all dying of a terminal disease or what... it's really bugging me...

"Nee-chan" once again... eh...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 29, 2014 3:39 PM

Aug 2013
If A-1 screwed this arc up they'll burn... LITERALLY!!!

Anyway I like how the animated the scene of the female leads and laughing whenever they do something OP, of course we're use to seeing Kirito doing it but seeing someone else do it is refreshing.

Now I fear how they'll deal with the last couple of episodes.

I can see them stretching this arc another two episodes, but that leaves the final one and I can think of three possibility that'll happen.

They stretch MR till the end which can be both BAD and GOOD with a filler, but they might generate bad feeling with everyone for doing to an arc that was going well.

They have an episode that will be another recap, doing that will really turn a lot of people off and i hope they won't do it.

The final option is the lead up to the next season and use THAT to do it, those that read the LN knows what I'm referring to, so please no spoilers here as most pople can't resists the button that say spoiler.

On another note I haven't seen as many haters here as usual, that's good to know.
Nov 29, 2014 3:41 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I was wondering, is there more Arc in the LN to do at least a third season ?
Just curious.
Nov 29, 2014 3:43 PM

Sep 2014
ABeautifulTable said:
Just curious.

The next arc is bigger than everything combined so far. According to people here they will need 2-3 seasons for the next arc alone.
Nov 29, 2014 3:43 PM
May 2014
ABeautifulTable said:
Just curious.

It seems so, all the LN's are there currently I think. So Mother's Rosario is #7

Mod Edit: Removed copyright material.
ZelotNov 29, 2014 4:19 PM
Nov 29, 2014 3:49 PM

Jul 2007
NathanPNE said:
ABeautifulTable said:
Just curious.

It seems so, all the LN's are there currently I think. So Mother's Rosario is #7

Next arc is not even close to being done yet.
AhenshihaelNov 29, 2014 4:08 PM
Nov 29, 2014 3:50 PM
May 2014
Bomb2chest said:
ABeautifulTable said:
Just curious.

The next arc is bigger than everything combined so far. According to people here they will need 2-3 seasons for the next arc alone.

The next one, or the one after? Seems like the one after is 3 Novels
Nov 29, 2014 3:50 PM
Apr 2014
CookingPriest said:
NathanPNE said:

Kawahara said that vol. 14 was the ending of that arc... 15 onwards is a new one.|

ZelotNov 29, 2014 4:20 PM

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 29, 2014 3:51 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Bomb2chest said:
ABeautifulTable said:
Just curious.

Jesus...
Nov 29, 2014 3:54 PM
Feb 2014
Reyxe said:
CookingPriest said:

Kawahara said that vol. 14 was the ending of that arc... 15 onwards is a new one.|

Well yeah, he split Alicization in Part I and Part II and the end of Part I was Vol. 14 :P

The animation this episode was really nice.

Also in terms of faithfulness, I have nothing to complain so once again A-1, you did a good job ;-)

Nov 29, 2014 3:55 PM

Dec 2012
The feels are coming next episodes..
Nov 29, 2014 3:57 PM
Oct 2013
Reyxe said:

Wrong. The volume 14 is called Alicization Uniting and volume 15 is called Alicization Invading. Don't know where you got the idea that the Alicization arc ended on volume 14 but it still being released. From what I read from the web novel and based on where the arc is at now it is going to end on volume 17-18.
Nov 29, 2014 3:58 PM

Feb 2012
Oh man that was one nice fight, but Yuuki rage quitting on them at the end was not nice at all.
Nov 29, 2014 3:59 PM

Sep 2014
Caleb8980 said:
Reyxe said:

Well yeah, he split Alicization in Part I and Part II and the end of Part I was Vol. 14 :P

The animation this episode was really nice.

Also in terms of faithfulness, I have nothing to complain so once again A-1, you did a good job ;-)

Yea that is what I have been told. Alicization has two arcs within one but still the same arc. Basically two parts like you said :P.

Nov 29, 2014 3:59 PM
Oct 2012
Never_ending said:
If A-1 screwed this arc up they'll burn... LITERALLY!!!

The final option is the lead up to the next season and use THAT to do it, those that read the LN knows what I'm referring to, so please no spoilers here as most pople can't resists the button that say spoiler.

On another note I haven't seen as many haters here as usual, that's good to know.

Just my two cents, but I think A-1 ending the episode where they did today shows that MR is not going to be dragged out past two episodes, meaning that 25 will most likely end with "THAT" (having not read past MR I have no idea with that "THAT" is!). My guess is that season 3 has already been green lighted.
Nov 29, 2014 4:01 PM

Nov 2013
Sounds like shit's gonna go down soon when we find out what's with Yuuki and her group.
Nov 29, 2014 4:03 PM

Jul 2007
799128 said:
Reyxe said:

Wrong. The volume 14 is called Alicization Uniting and volume 15 is called Alicization Invading. Don't know where you got the idea that the Alicization arc ended on volume 14 but it still being released. From what I read from the web novel and based on where the arc is at now it is going to end on volume 17-18.

Its Alicization Part I and Alicization Part II

Same story, two story arcs.
Nov 29, 2014 4:06 PM

Nov 2012
So many yuri doujins of this are gonna get made next Comiket.
http://imgur.com/sBqOC2R

Yuuki fierce as shit.

Named craved in the wall.

Good episode,first one in a while.
Nov 29, 2014 4:21 PM

Mar 2008
Great action in this episode. I didn't read the light novel so I'm just guessing that

Don't spoil it though. If I'm right, that's okay. If I'm wrong, even better.
Nov 29, 2014 4:24 PM

Nov 2012
I just want to see Kirito with the Excaliber a bit more in action. Just too bad, that would have been a badass scene.

Also I find the boss battle not too exciting, I just want it to be more memorable for the scenes ahead. Hopefully they will grant us one more boss battle before the feels hit us hard. Few more episodes left I hope this arc will not finish with a big letdown.

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 29, 2014 4:42 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Damn Yuuki and Kirito are freaking OP :xD Asuna wasn't half bad herself :)

I really liked this episode....Twas pretty exciting from beginning to end

Also I have a feeling that

I don't think that I can handle the feels TwT
TokoyaNov 29, 2014 4:45 PM
Nov 29, 2014 4:54 PM

Nov 2014
Pretty good episode, full of action. I loved seeing Asuna going beserk after those healers.
Hi there
Nov 29, 2014 5:01 PM

Jul 2014
Cliffhanger nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Nov 29, 2014 5:02 PM

Jul 2009
oh cmon. i was so hyped for kirito last week. this felt underwhelming. at least giff some cool shots of excalibur. smh.
Nov 29, 2014 5:06 PM

May 2013
Kirito, Klein and Yui came to help as expected. Kirito bringing out Excalibur like some badass swordsman.
They finally defeat the boss! Celebrated with a party at Asuna's house. They finally got their names engraved in that wall.

Some touching moments between Asuna and Yuuki. I wonder how this'll turn out after Asuna discovers what Yuuki and the other's were worried about.
Nov 29, 2014 5:07 PM
May 2014
Tokoya said:
Damn Yuuki and Kirito are freaking OP :xD Asuna wasn't half bad herself :)

I really liked this episode....Twas pretty exciting from beginning to end

Also I have a feeling that

I don't think that I can handle the feels TwT

None of us can...... Tissue sales are gonna sky rocket!
Nov 29, 2014 5:14 PM

Sep 2012
Mother Rosario arc confirmed best arc
Nov 29, 2014 5:18 PM

Jul 2014
The amount of people complaining about the arc not having enough kirito, this episode not having enough kirito, this episode being underwhelming or boring just shows who truly has shit taste and can't pay attention to plot. An actually interesting arc and people complain about not enough Kirito? smh
[center][/center]
Nov 29, 2014 5:20 PM

Sep 2014
vitaxlilium said:
The amount of people complaining about the arc not having enough kirito, this episode not having enough kirito, this episode being underwhelming or boring just shows who truly has shit taste and can't pay attention to plot. An actually interesting arc and people complain about not enough Kirito? smh

I think you just described the internet. Agree this arc is the best so far.
Nov 29, 2014 5:22 PM
May 2014
vitaxlilium said:

Basically an Asuna arc, im fine with that..... I'm just not fine with the incoming feels!
Nov 29, 2014 5:22 PM
May 2014
Hope I am not jinxing it, but this is why I liked A-1 MR adaptation since the last episode, the LN gave much more Kirito than necessary - the anime cut them down to hints. Pretty much it's just "Kirito got here" in ep 20, and "Kirito bought time then got owned" in ep 21 - all we need to know. A rare occurrence where the adaptation managed to do better than the original material, especially in SAO case.

The salamander guy's face when he arrived and the boss is already dead. IN YOUR FACE! In any MMO, the feeling when you're with your guild beating raid boss when other guild(s) tried to troll you and failed is just priceless.

5/5 .

And all these were just the beginning, now the feels trip begins.
Nov 29, 2014 5:30 PM
Oct 2012
Raito said:
Mother Rosario arc confirmed best arc

This may be mean of me to say, but I have the feeling that this was the first arc that the animation team really respected, hence they are trying their best to do it right.

Shaniyaz said:
Well, it was relatively easier for him since he has experience with Sinon's bullets.

Even better they had Kirito reference it , his "huhh, magic is no where near as fast as bullets" was a great OP line.

Shaniyaz said:
And then, he proceeds to show off his Excaliber. Seeing those players backing off was hilarious!

It was a good scene, but I think A-1 missed a bit on this. After all it was a accumulation scene of the entire series to date: one armed sword wielding black warrior (SAO), with Personal Pixie (ALO), unique dual wielder (from both SAO and ALO), who also has a sword suspiciously like the famed Excalibur (from Caliber) - a "who the hell is this guy" would have been great.

Shaniyaz said:
Asuna's Flashing Penetrator was epic. I think that alone took out almost as much people Yuuki and the other Sleeping Knights members did together. (Nah, just a little exaggeration).

Another thing that was great about it was that for 46 episodes viewer only people were like "what's the big deal with Asuna, why are all the readers going gaga over her". Now they are like "oh, now I see why she is the best girl".

So lots of fun things this episode, but next episode should be truly amazing. I am trusting A-1 not to screw with the timing, it has to be next episode.

Edit: should add when the green clad glasses guy with the spear got two players with one thrust was a great underplayed scene. Underplayed violence always rocks.

Second edit: Klein's "yeah I'm here, not that you can see me" was also a great self-referencing scene.
Takuan_SohoNov 29, 2014 5:36 PM
Nov 29, 2014 5:42 PM

Oct 2013
Why can't Yuuki say what the fucking problem is?Instead she just logs out.

Nov 29, 2014 5:45 PM

Aug 2008
motherfuckers

Asuna was fuckin amazing. Best girl, best girlfriend, best healer, best flash, and best dash
Nov 29, 2014 5:46 PM

May 2011
babymilo91 said:
Yuuki is Asuna's sister? Or maybe Asuna resembles Yuuki's sister? Well Yuuki started tearing up, so I'm expecting more of this in the coming episodes.

Yeah, it's really kind of hard to not spoil. IF you seen the LN spoilers, or read the LN yourself, you know why YUUKI and the group are acting awkward. If you haven't, you really are left wondering" WTF is wrong with them acting like that to Asuna?" If you're somewhat astute and picked up the tell tale signs you already have a gut feeling anyways. The hints are about as obvious as a sledgehammer to the back of the head.

It was a really good episode. Definitely one of the best this season and probably top 5-ish overall in the series.

Saskee said:

it's a cultural thing. Japanese aren't very open about personal issues. Making people uncomfortable is a big deal to Japanese. They try to avoid it. I mean how many series have you watched where someone utters the line "I'm sorry to have caused you trouble" or something similar.
CirrisNov 29, 2014 5:53 PM
Nov 29, 2014 5:47 PM

Aug 2013
Saskee said:

All will be explained by next week.

All we can say is patience.

Bomb2chest said:
vitaxlilium said:

I think you just described the internet. Agree this arc is the best so far.

As much as i like seeing Kirito go OP mode I find Asuna taking the lead this time refreshing.
Nov 29, 2014 5:54 PM

Mar 2009
Thank goodness Asuna and the Sleeping Knights took out the boss by themselves. Without Kirito's help. For once, he didn't steal the spotlight.

Good episode, good animation.
Nov 29, 2014 6:00 PM

Jan 2011
was really turned off from the start but it got better as it went on visuals were nice to didn't see any derpy battle faces so thats a thing
Nov 29, 2014 6:09 PM
Sep 2014
Silver4000 said:
That was quite a good fight, shame they didn't show a little of the fight between Kirito and Klein VS the other guild.

That slowmo moment was good, and Yuuki is as greast as always, I do love her voice and personality.

Well... there were hints already about what is going on.. watch rewatch the parts where Kirito and Yuuki were "mentioned".

and the "secret" that he knows.not to mention the Ending Song..
Nov 29, 2014 6:10 PM

Oct 2013
More please! that cliffhanger.... anyway the ED song perfectly fit the ending..
"If you trip while running down a hallway, you will got nosebleed. If you trip in life, you cry" Minori Kushieda

"This world is merciless, and it's also beautiful" Mikasa Ackerman

"A lesson without pain is meaningless" Edward Elric
Nov 29, 2014 6:14 PM

Sep 2014
rdtx2013 said:
Silver4000 said:

Well... there were hints already about what is going on.. watch rewatch the parts where Kirito and Yuuki were "mentioned".

Kirito the genius he is figured something out right away lol. Yea the previous episode Yuuki told Asuna that Kirito would not work out since he knows her secret. I have no clue what the secret is but it must be important.
Nov 29, 2014 6:17 PM
Sep 2014
Bomb2chest said:
rdtx2013 said:

Kirito the genius he is figured something out right away lol. Yea the previous episode Yuuki told Asuna that Kirito would not work out since he knows her secret. I have no clue what the secret is but it must be important.

Kirito told Asuna what he asked Yuuki during their match... there are hints there too :)

anyhow.. Kirito is so OP, he probably could have took down the Lvl27 boss himself.
Nov 29, 2014 6:24 PM

Oct 2010
Liked the episode and i read spoilers so I'm now dropping this arc fuck that shit.
Nov 29, 2014 6:38 PM

Dec 2013
Amazing episode, The Sleeping Knights completed their goal and i think it's fairly obvious that Asuna and Yuuki are sisters, or she's gonna die or something like that. (I'm an anime-only watcher btw)

Kirito was pretty bad ass, as always.

The OST this week was fantastic too, Madoka Magica style.

SO MUCH DOUJIN MATERIAL!

5/5
PriestSlayerNov 29, 2014 6:47 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 29, 2014 6:41 PM

Jul 2014
first page full of Kirito haters lol.
Kirito was fckin amazing holding of those guys without a healer, I mean he was up against swordsmans/tankers/spellcasters and only 5 I think were left lol. If he had someone healing him like Leafa he would have owned and probably would have been the one opening the door not those 5 idiots.
Nov 29, 2014 6:48 PM
Feb 2014
yeah this thread has way too many hints towards spoilers, needs to stop
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by No_Fan_676 »»
Aug 18, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

612 by KaiserVonGogureo »»
Aug 12, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

960 by elpasho0 »»
Jul 29, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jul 4, 2014

1114 by Vortixx_ »»
Jul 27, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

356 by Forum »»
Jul 4, 7:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.