Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 2013 1:23 PM

Jan 2010
A good episode, but with a low rate compared to the first. We must take into account that it was a typical episode of transition required in any anime, but it felt compared to the manga, the real desperation of the characters when they were faced with the titans who dominated their territory gradually. The soundtrack remains perfect, just think it lacked a bit of sync in some scenes, I did not like the seiyuu's Eren, should have a voice more children to age in which it appeared (in the period of the episode), and think of Armin is the Marine Inoue! But when all was pleasant, the concern now is whether fatal, as we saw in the preview of the next episode, since the bow will start training the young, unlike what happens many manga chapters after beginning. If it worked well and all times leveraged, would say that it may even be a positive choice by the production, but have to be careful because some characters have earned their deserved prominence before this arc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Apr 14, 2013 1:25 PM
Jul 2011
Shoot their eyes with canons? Isn't it too simple?
Apr 14, 2013 1:26 PM

Jan 2013
that dream was weird o.o i like the ed ^^
Apr 14, 2013 1:27 PM

Apr 2012
Interesting episode. Eren has a pretty massive goal.
Apr 14, 2013 1:27 PM

Aug 2009
AnimeFtw1 said:
Shoot their eyes with canons? Isn't it too simple?
Fast Regeneration.If they even hit.
Apr 14, 2013 1:28 PM

Jun 2009
That was another good episode, didn't think giants could breathe fire though

And man... Imagine that giant sprinting towards you...

sends shivers on my spine >.<

And also, the asshole who said :"They should've eaten more of them" what.a. jackass. It's isn't enough for him that they ate 10.000?

Eren's determined face made this episode for me:
-Hotaru_Apr 14, 2013 2:20 PM
Apr 14, 2013 1:35 PM

Jun 2007
400+ posts = will read at my leisure from my bed, with the aid of my PS3. Gonna just shove my 2cents in and reply if I see anyone go direct with me:

Starting to feel a lil' negative about the adaptation, after ep2. It was necessary for there to be a compromise in terms of the brutality of the violence, this being aired on TV 'n all, but I HATE how the 'camera' shies away from the death/slaughter shots. The anime team went to the trouble of adding in some good ol' fashioned nameless character murdering... then pulled away at the last. EVERY TIME. That's like (how I imagine) it feels for a woman during sex when she's on the verge of an orgasm and the guy pulls out. FRUSTRATING!

And, as you'd expect of a guy that fell in love with the manga after a crazy-intense, almost non-stop action 3-volume intro, to see it take an entire episode for the anime to NOT timeskip to the point where the characters' rankings get revealed was just... UGHHH. The best part of the ep was undoubtedly the titan shoulder charge, but in the manga I felt that part was that much more effective since it emphasised the shock of everyone as you're pretty much just shown the aftermath shoulder charge pose. Where as the manga made a point of keeping readers on edge until it was cemented that they'd NEVER stop reading, the anime is clearly stalling for time... ALREADY.

But what REALLY got to me was the episode preview. Now, while I'm well aware an adaptation doesn't have to be C&P and there's no risk of an early cancellation without non-stop action/death like in the case of the manga's earlier days, to jump right to v4's downtime flashback segment before the the series has truly convinced people is a mistake. That pulse-pounding, page-flipping from the manga has been interrupted with character-fleshing & next-arc (in the manga) foreshadowing that was relevant to what came next as it gave people a well-needed breather. I just can't agree with, on top of the pace being slowed down to divide the chapters more evenly (a necessary evil), the volumes being re-ordered to make the pace even slower.

Maybe all of this isn't so bothersome for newbs but I'm feeling more like resuming the manga rather than watching it in motion & with colour. And that ain't so good. Ep1 kept the feel of the manga; ep2 included pointless chatter scenes between leaders/worthless wall guards, as well as a lengthy scene I'm semi-certain was anime only in the form of Mikasa punching Eren... which, either way, was ok but only reiterated what people already know; also making Eren to appear more of a brat by doing so.

Will see how it goes - and I'm probably being a tad unfair - but unless ep3 impresses, 8>7/10 time.
Apr 14, 2013 1:39 PM

Jun 2007
Also: Mikasa ACTUALLY LOOKED LIKE MIKASA in the ending, when she transformed from a child into an adult. Those black pupils... shame the whole show doesn't have the look of the ending, after Mikasa turned into an adult. In the anime proper, so far I only got a manga-Mikasa feel when she ran behind Eren at those bullies.
Apr 14, 2013 1:48 PM

May 2012
So many naked Giant people and STILL no humongous cock?

C-
Apr 14, 2013 1:49 PM

Jun 2007
SteampunkDalek said:

C-

They might just all have really small dicks.
Apr 14, 2013 1:49 PM

Nov 2008
Good ep, more horrible things happening but thats neccesary. I loved the last 30 seconds! Hopefully our characters will be awesome now that theyre older
Apr 14, 2013 1:50 PM
Jun 2012
Eren's rage fueled "i'm going to destroy them all" monologue on the boat was glorious.
Apr 14, 2013 1:51 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That Titan breaking the wall was stunning and scary as hell.

I hope they can keep this series as good as this throughout the 25 episodes (tall order).
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 14, 2013 1:51 PM

May 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
SteampunkDalek said:

C-

They tuck it in between their legs.

WHAT A RIPOFF
Apr 14, 2013 1:58 PM
Nov 2009
Mikasa shoving that bread in Eren's mouth looked kinda funny lol another good episode 5/5.
Apr 14, 2013 2:00 PM

Apr 2013
AironicallyHuman said:
That's like (how I imagine) it feels for a woman during sex when she's on the verge of an orgasm and the guy pulls out. FRUSTRATING!
lol'd
Apr 14, 2013 2:02 PM

Mar 2013
SteampunkDalek said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
SteampunkDalek said:

C-

They tuck it in between their legs.

WHAT A RIPOFF

Good to know I wasn't the only one waiting for that.
Maybe it retracts into them?
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Apr 14, 2013 2:06 PM

Mar 2013
You know, I kind of liked the pacing of the manga and how, when things were starting to get too heavy, they'd have a humorous or explanatory flashback.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Apr 14, 2013 2:09 PM

Jun 2011
Great Episode.
Armored Titan Ftw! he's a BEAST!
i loved the Filler part.. it was Very well done..
5/5
Apr 14, 2013 2:23 PM

Jun 2010
Those eyes! *o*
I started respecting the main chara. :>
Apr 14, 2013 2:25 PM

Dec 2011
That special dashing titan was great.
It fastforwarded quite a bit, but they did it correctly at least.
Apr 14, 2013 2:29 PM

Apr 2013
Ballermina said:
I loved this episode. And Sasha looks awesome.

Also, I'll be leaving this here...

Not sure we are watching the same series!

Sep 2011
Ballermina said:

Omg..Words cannot describe how well that fits. AHAHAHHA. 10/10.

Jun 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
SteampunkDalek said:

C-

I will respond to your post with another quote:
Crochax said:

The titans are nothing like humans. They have no digestive system and no reproductive organs, the manga acknowledges that their physique doesn't make sense and its a mystery where they come from or what they are. It wouldnt surprise me if they dont even have blood or lungs.

Is that information good enough for you?
Apr 14, 2013 2:32 PM

Jun 2009
Ballermina said:

I commented on another thread that the OP of Shingeki is not that special...

After watching this... I have to take that back.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2013 2:39 PM

Feb 2011
Can anyone explain to me that dream scene? It seemed like it wasnt really just a dream unless Eren had that key on him since the begining.
Apr 14, 2013 2:40 PM
Mar 2010
Man, great episode.
But, can someone explain this to me?
I mean seriously, please explain wtf is this?
http://img.flashtux.org/img1332a6e39220xf5de3231.png
j-lApr 14, 2013 2:44 PM
Apr 14, 2013 2:40 PM

Mar 2008
Omegadark said:
Can anyone explain to me that dream scene? It seemed like it wasnt really just a dream unless Eren had that key on him since the begining.

Anime's first plot hole.
Apr 14, 2013 2:42 PM

Sep 2011
j-l said:
Man, great episode.

Explain what? it was a village outside the actual wall.
Apr 14, 2013 2:43 PM

Jun 2009
j-l said:
Man, great episode.

bad translation?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2013 2:45 PM

Nov 2010
PaninaManina said:
Omegadark said:

Anime's first plot hole.
Not yet, he had the key on him meaning that he met his father, we know the father left with the key as he showed it to him as he was leaving in the first episode. We just don't know how much time it was between the boat and where he was when he had the dream, which is when he had to of met his father. So it's not a plot hole yet.
Apr 14, 2013 2:48 PM
Dec 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
PaninaManina said:
Omegadark said:

Anime's first plot hole.
Not yet, he had the key on him meaning that he met his father, we know the father left with the key as he showed it to him as he was leaving in the first episode. We just don't know how much time it was between the boat and where he was when he had the dream, which is when he had to of met his father. So it's not a plot hole yet.

It seems like it could have been a few days because of the way eren said that his dad has been acting weird since mother died in past sense.
blaze it
Apr 14, 2013 2:50 PM

Dec 2008
I'm glad to see it hasn't dropped the same pace it got in the first episode. The relative speed in comparison to the manga is good enough to make at least 2 cour of this series.

AironicallyHuman said:
VioLink said:
The heck have they done to Mikasa? She's not some pretty girl with sparkly eyes and emphasis on her lips. I thought her eyes looked off in the first ep but put that down to little effort being put into the kiddy designs. Maybe it's down to the original art being weird, with Mikasa often just have black pupils with no light reflecting--that being hard to manage away from B&W pages. Hopefully not a 'sexing up' attempt.
It's exactly what you said from the original art. While the manga artist does good backgrounds, he/she's not as good in drawing characters. The manga tends to lack usage of textures as well.
Apr 14, 2013 2:51 PM

Jun 2009
IntroverTurtle said:
PaninaManina said:
Omegadark said:

Anime's first plot hole.

There's a plot-hole incoming?
Apr 14, 2013 2:52 PM
Mar 2010
Tyrel said:
j-l said:
Man, great episode.

Well.. it was the outer wall of the 3 walls, right?
So... not only it does not seem to be HUNDREDS of km long (because you can see actual houses).. but where are the other two walls? And this is definitely the 3rd wall, because you can see the hole that titan made, and demolished stuff inside the wall...
So.. what is this picture, if it is suppoed to be the picture of the 3rd wall?
Apr 14, 2013 2:58 PM

Aug 2009
Predictable.
Apr 14, 2013 2:58 PM

Sep 2011
j-l said:
Tyrel said:
j-l said:
Man, great episode.

So... not only it does not seem to be HUNDREDS of km long (because you can see actual houses).. but where are the other two walls? And this is definitely the 3rd wall, because you can see the hole that titan made, and demolished stuff inside the wall...

Basically you see an outer area, which was a village outside the 3 MAIN walls that cover the whole area round. The little small area isn't actually a main "Wall."

So in short we see one hole on the small wall, then the main wall also got infiltrated.
Apr 14, 2013 2:59 PM

Nov 2010
AirStyles said:
IntroverTurtle said:
PaninaManina said:
Omegadark said:

Anime's first plot hole.

I'm saying that we haven't had the timeline fully explained so it isn't a plot hole yet, in the manga the flashback was when he was older. And there could be a plot hole later on, idk what the future of this show holds.

Aug 2011
AirStyles said:
IntroverTurtle said:
PaninaManina said:
Omegadark said:

Anime's first plot hole.

If they don't indicate that he has already met his father, then it will become a plot hole.

Jun 2009
j-l said:
Tyrel said:
j-l said:
Man, great episode.

Did you not watch the first 3 minute of the show?

It's explained there.
Apr 14, 2013 3:00 PM

Jul 2010
This is so good. This is going to be a long wait until the next episode.

I really hope Eren will wisen up a little with this training (though it doesn't look like it judging from the preview). His lust for revenge is gonna get him killed.

I can't wait to learn what the big difference between the normal Eoten and those huge muscle-like ones is either. The way it vents steam like that makes it look part machine.

Apr 14, 2013 3:00 PM

Jul 2007
j-l said:
Tyrel said:
j-l said:
Man, great episode.

The picture is of the outer village surrounded by its walls - ONE of the walls is the wall maria that surrounds the human territory.

The smaller O form location is an outer village.

Seriously it was explained LITERALLY inside the show TWICE.
Apr 14, 2013 3:01 PM

Jan 2013
Soo glad this is on Crunchyroll, watching this on 1080p is orgasmic
Apr 14, 2013 3:03 PM

Jun 2009
Onyxthegreat said:

His lust for revenge is gonna get him killed.

Really?

Seeing that he's the main character, I'd only go as far as saying his lust for revenge is ganna get "others" killed... Or maybe he'll lose a limb or 2.
Apr 14, 2013 3:30 PM
Mar 2010
Fai said:
j-l said:
Tyrel said:
j-l said:
Man, great episode.

The picture is of the outer village surrounded by its walls - ONE of the walls is the wall maria that surrounds the human territory.

The smaller O form location is an outer village.

Seriously it was explained LITERALLY inside the show TWICE.

Yes I see now, good. I guess I got confused because in this picture you could not see the village somehow connect to the real walls. Anyway, it is all good then.
Apr 14, 2013 3:36 PM

Jul 2008
Well, that was every bit as unimpressive as the first episode.

Apr 14, 2013 3:43 PM

Apr 2013
Nickienator said:
why are you watching it in the first place? looking at your animelist its pretty much obvious you're not into that genre of anime..
Apr 14, 2013 3:47 PM

Jul 2011
OfficialGuts said:
Nickienator said:
why are you watching it in the first place? looking at your animelist its pretty much obvious you're not into that genre of anime..

People like complain
Apr 14, 2013 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
Even though it's still good, I'm not as hyped as I was in the first ep, guess it was about the transition between peace --> war, while this episode is basically the aftermath of it. What I really love is the introduction in the beginning, very amusing and also the new ending, just love the art of it.

I guess they change mikasa's look a bit, although she still gives that sense of mature, calm and cool, but her lips are too pink and glossy lol. Actually the image of her in the ending song is way cooler, just remove that lipstick for god sake!

One more important thing is that they REMOVED mikasa's scarf, that part is freaking important, she should keep her scarf on most of the time. If it's gone this will lose meaning in the later part!
Apr 14, 2013 4:04 PM
Aug 2012
Maelis said:
One more important thing is that they REMOVED mikasa's scarf, that part is freaking important, she should keep her scarf on most of the time. If it's gone this will lose meaning in the later part!
+1

Hoping they don't skip on important parts of their past.. but they seem to be taking it slow enough to cover everything in detail.
Pages (21) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

» Actors who you think is perfect for the cast of AOT live action

Hickykissy - Sep 3

38 by rocketeu »»
Sep 7, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

652 by dopeplays »»
Sep 2, 1:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.