Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Durarara!!' TV Anime Announced [Update 3/22]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Mar 21, 2014 2:45 PM

Sep 2011
TheIMF said:
NIPPON BANZAI! Based Japan delivers.

What does this have to do with Japan? It's a single business's announcement that has nothing to do with Japan as a whole.

Don't buy into blind generalization
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 21, 2014 4:12 PM

Mar 2014
Cool :D
Gonna rewatch the 1st season I guess!
Mar 21, 2014 8:54 PM
Dec 2013
Fuck yeah, this is great fucking news!
Mar 21, 2014 8:56 PM

Nov 2007
News Update
Some staff for the series were announced to be returning for the second season at Anime Japan 2014.

Director: Takahiro Omori
Series Composition: Noboru Takagi
Character Design: Takahiro Kishida
Music: Makoto Yoshimori
Animation Studio: Shuka (new)

Official site: http://www.durarara.com/

Source: Official Twitter
NaruleachApr 27, 2014 8:23 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 22, 2014 5:03 AM

Nov 2008
Fucking finally. That's the one show I loved that was so successful, I was dead certain it'd get a sequel. But it took so long, I was starting to doubt myself after all.
All is well, I guess. Can't wait.
Mar 23, 2014 1:55 AM

May 2012
I'm dying of happiness.
Mar 23, 2014 1:57 AM

Feb 2013
Is this real life? I'm the happiest person alive. Lots of amazing news lately.

Mar 23, 2014 2:10 AM

Oct 2013
gissellebatista said:
Is this real life? I'm the happiest person alive. Lots of amazing news lately.

pinches self* yup its real O_O
[/quote]
Mar 23, 2014 12:18 PM

Nov 2013
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
Mar 23, 2014 12:21 PM
Feb 2012
wow wouldnt never expected it

cant wait for the dub it hopes it aires once again on tv
Mar 23, 2014 2:21 PM

Mar 2010
I wonder what made them continue the anime, right now, after 4 years? Were those the power of petitions or something else?

btw, any info on air dates?
LylaazMar 23, 2014 2:25 PM
Mar 23, 2014 2:46 PM

Sep 2011
I honestly wonder how will they allocate the time frames, and how they will handle the supposedly darker themes of the series

BTW, how's the LN compared to Index's LN?
Mar 23, 2014 2:49 PM

Nov 2013
Lylaaz said:
I wonder what made them continue the anime, right now, after 4 years? Were those the power of petitions or something else?

if it was, Baccano! petition must be made right now
Mar 23, 2014 4:57 PM

Sep 2010
All aboard the Hype Train! CHOO CHOO
Mar 23, 2014 8:31 PM

Sep 2012
OHHH MYYYY GAWDD THIS IS AWESOME NEWSSSS!!!
Mar 24, 2014 1:40 AM
Dec 2010
Lylaaz said:

Probably because Brain Base doesn't do sequels, so the staff had to open their own studio in order for S2 to happen.
Mar 24, 2014 1:52 PM

Jul 2010
scytheavatar said:
Lylaaz said:

Probably because Brain Base doesn't do sequels, so the staff had to open their own studio in order for S2 to happen.

Brains Base did Natsume Yuujinchou's sequels actually.
Mar 24, 2014 2:22 PM

Mar 2014
ooh I can't wait, I was planning on watching Durarara before but now I am for sure because it's getting a second season!!
Mar 25, 2014 4:48 AM

Oct 2010
oh fuck !!! when i read it i was like OMG! omg! omg! omg! Durarara s2 fucking yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........been waiting for the good news from so long !!!
Mar 25, 2014 6:49 AM

Apr 2009
It's great that they have such key people returning to work on the second season. Here's hoping they also get a big enough budget to avoid cutting too many corners.
Mar 26, 2014 7:45 AM

Aug 2013
YAYAYAYAY! AWSOME! Can't waittttt
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
Mar 26, 2014 10:46 PM
Apr 2010
Spag said:
All aboard the Hype Train! CHOO CHOO

I can't help but laugh when I read this and look at your sig
Mar 27, 2014 12:15 AM

Jun 2013
Hell yeah.
Mar 27, 2014 1:25 PM

Jan 2014
is this shit real or what?
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Mar 27, 2014 2:07 PM
Feb 2014
Yeah I'm rewatching it now
Mar 30, 2014 1:58 PM
Feb 2014
Durarara!! Is one of my favorite anime, so I'm pumped for a 2nd season, as long as it is on par with the 1st. Hope they bring back Izaya, he is my favorite!
Mar 30, 2014 2:53 PM

Jun 2013
i heard april 10th, right? that's what ann was saying anyways XD
i am super siked for the second season of psycho pass too, i hope kogami comes back!! i wonder who they'll be hunting though?
"A heart is a heavy burden." - Howl's Moving Castle.
Mar 30, 2014 3:00 PM

Sep 2011
fearthefuz said:
i am super siked for the second season of psycho pass too, i hope kogami comes back!! i wonder who they'll be hunting though?

cit source

Because I am goin be happy as fuck if it is.
Mar 30, 2014 3:10 PM

Jun 2013
GodlyKyon said:
fearthefuz said:

cit source

me too! i am rushing to rewatch so i'll be ready for all the excitement XD
Mar 30, 2014 3:37 PM

Sep 2011
fearthefuz said:
GodlyKyon said:
fearthefuz said:

cit source

But you said ANN, so where's the source?
Mar 30, 2014 4:47 PM

Jun 2013
GodlyKyon said:
fearthefuz said:
GodlyKyon said:
fearthefuz said:

cit source

i will look for it, hold on a sec. ^_^
Mar 30, 2014 4:56 PM

Jun 2013
fearthefuz said:
GodlyKyon said:
fearthefuz said:
GodlyKyon said:
fearthefuz said:

cit source

okay so i found where i saw april 10th, i was wrong about ann, it was like two weeks ago so that is my mistake, sorry D:

http://www.marineford.com/Thread-Anime-News-Durarara-Season-2-Anime-Announced

i am not sure if it is right or not which is why i was asking on here ^_^

hope it helps :D
Mar 30, 2014 7:43 PM

Sep 2011
fearthefuz said:
fearthefuz said:
GodlyKyon said:
fearthefuz said:
GodlyKyon said:
fearthefuz said:

cit source

okay so i found where i saw april 10th, i was wrong about ann, it was like two weeks ago so that is my mistake, sorry D:

Thanks! well... Considering it's age... I am not too sure about it's credibility, not even MAL has this on the season... IDK.

Hold it! This is just a random forum post... There's no link to ANN directly. Yeah, I going to say it's not credible at all.
Mar 30, 2014 8:00 PM

Jun 2013
GodlyKyon said:
fearthefuz said:
fearthefuz said:
GodlyKyon said:
fearthefuz said:
GodlyKyon said:
fearthefuz said:

cit source

Thanks! well... Considering it's age... I am not too sure about it's credibility, not even MAL has this on the season... IDK.

Hold it! This is just a random forum post... There's no link to ANN directly. Yeah, I going to say it's not credible at all.

you're probably right ^_^ it was mistake in memory anyway. i hope it comes out soon though! :3
Mar 30, 2014 8:08 PM

Jan 2011
Well first of all that post isn't talking about when Durarara!! S2 will air, its saying that a new LN that takes place two years after the events of Durarara!! Called Durarara!! SH will ship April 10th. And here is the ANN link confirming it.
[center]
Mar 30, 2014 8:46 PM

Jun 2013
VioLink said:
Well first of all that post isn't talking about when Durarara!! S2 will air, its saying that a new LN that takes place two years after the events of Durarara!! Called Durarara!! SH will ship April 10th. And here is the ANN link confirming it.

thanks for backing me up, i knew i read it on there somewhere :3
Mar 31, 2014 7:08 AM

Oct 2009
I just hope this won't turn out to be like seasons 2 of DnB and Kuroshitsuji. It'd better live to its hype!
Mar 31, 2014 7:17 AM

Mar 2014
AWWWW YESSS. I'll get to see my baby Kida again!
Mar 31, 2014 3:50 PM

Sep 2011
VioLink said:

Huh... 2 years after? how good are the light novels for DRRR?
Mar 31, 2014 5:52 PM

Jan 2011
GodlyKyon said:
VioLink said:

Oh they are fantastic, there are tons of new characters to get attached to (Like Vorona <3) and you learn surprising things about the characters you've already met. If they end it on volume 6 (2 cours=3 volumes for S1) that would be absolutely sadistic to the fans (while still giving us a satisfying ending) but would definitely create a huge incentive for people to buy the LNs.
[center]
Mar 31, 2014 6:30 PM

Sep 2011
VioLink said:
GodlyKyon said:
VioLink said:

Oh they are fantastic, there are tons of new characters to get attached to (Like Vorona <3) and you learn surprising things about the characters you've already met. If they end it on volume 6 (2 cours=3 volumes for S1) that would be absolutely sadistic to the fans (while still giving us a satisfying ending) but would definitely create a huge incentive for people to buy the LNs.

Might as well as read it... The baka Tsuki version of it is stalled for some reason, are there better sources than the ones they provide you directly? I like to read in epub on my phone. :3
Mar 31, 2014 6:36 PM

Jun 2009
Mar 31, 2014 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
GodlyKyon said:
VioLink said:
GodlyKyon said:
VioLink said:

Might as well as read it... The baka Tsuki version of it is stalled for some reason, are there better sources than the ones they provide you directly? I like to read in epub on my phone. :3

I've only read what was translated on anni-fiesta and she has PDF files if that is what you are looking for.
[center]
Mar 31, 2014 7:21 PM

Sep 2011
VioLink said:
GodlyKyon said:
VioLink said:
GodlyKyon said:
VioLink said:

I've only read what was translated on anni-fiesta and she has PDF files if that is what you are looking for.

Those lack Volume 1 and several volumes are missing or incomplete though. Up to what volume did you read to?
Mar 31, 2014 7:59 PM

Jan 2011
GodlyKyon said:
VioLink said:
GodlyKyon said:
VioLink said:
GodlyKyon said:
VioLink said:

Those lack Volume 1 and several volumes are missing or incomplete though. Up to what volume did you read to?

[center]
Mar 31, 2014 8:01 PM

Sep 2011
VioLink said:
GodlyKyon said:
VioLink said:
GodlyKyon said:
VioLink said:
GodlyKyon said:
VioLink said:

What... But there are quite a few that hasn't been translated.. .am I missng something??
Mar 31, 2014 8:20 PM

Jan 2011
GodlyKyon said:

What... But there are quite a few that hasn't been translated.. .am I missng something??

Volumes 1-3 were adapted into S1 so she didn't bother much with them. 4-6 and 8-9 are complete. IIRC when she was still active she said she didn't find volume 7 too important (aside from the beginning obviously) and focused on completing the other volumes+gaidens before quitting after 9. For a long period of time she was the only one translating DRRR!! so I'm grateful to her. Now some other folks have picked up where she left off and the final volume is completely translated, I'll have to check them out sometime. But yeah, if you want the entire complete LN series you're either going to have to wait or learn Japanese.
[center]
Apr 1, 2014 1:15 PM

Sep 2011
VioLink said:
GodlyKyon said:

Volumes 1-3 were adapted into S1 so she didn't bother much with them. 4-6 and 8-9 are complete. IIRC when she was still active she said she didn't find volume 7 too important (aside from the beginning obviously) and focused on completing the other volumes+gaidens before quitting after 9. For a long period of time she was the only one translating DRRR!! so I'm grateful to her. Now some other folks have picked up where she left off and the final volume is completely translated, I'll have to check them out sometime. But yeah, if you want the entire complete LN series you're either going to have to wait or learn Japanese.

Learn Japanese is fine, but where to start? I know Chinese quite well, just... IDK.

I guess for now, I will rewatch the show
Apr 1, 2014 1:28 PM

Mar 2014
This news made my day, I can't wait for season 2, it looks like 2014 might actually be a good year.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

» 'Make Heroine ga Oosugiru!' Unveils Additional Cast, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

1 by CocoaGalaxy »»
11 minutes ago

» Animation Studio Gainax Declares Bankruptcy

Vindstot - Yesterday

26 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Fourth Season of 'Osomatsu-san' Announced

Vindstot - Jun 6

19 by Sondo »»
3 hours ago

» 'Mob kara Hajimaru Tansaku Eiyuutan' Reveals Additional Cast

Nioxys - Today

2 by Yubisoft »»
11 hours ago

» 'Mecha-ude' Unveils Additional Cast

Nioxys - Today

1 by deg »»
Today, 4:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.