Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Feb 23, 2019 2:15 PM

Apr 2013
So as expected they rescued Ranta and even defeated that huge kobold. Guess they won't have any money problems from now on, especially if he can use that skill more often now.

Overall the strong part of this show definitely was the soundtrack, really enjoyed that one. It had some nice and relaxing moments, but also some really boring ones. The characters were fine, but that's about it. 6/10
Apr 13, 2019 9:09 PM
May 2017
Overall nice ending, wish there could have been a season 2. Oh well, back to the void now.
Apr 25, 2019 9:41 AM
Jan 2017
this really interesting show,, from the beginning the human who live in other world learning how to live in new world,, they meet the worst weak pary member,
even cannot killing one single goblin the weakest monster,, less of money day bye day thinking what to eat and keep alive in poor condition,,
and after their skill grow and make the better party but still not good making their leader Manato died by protect the party memeber making all the memeber feel the deep sadness in their heart,,
(this very heartbreaking moment).. but after the new leader take a lead and thew member join the party they learning many usefull skill and can making money for their life and level up to the differen stage,,
but because the trauma cause the frind death its making hard to move on,,
the show began intese after meet the monster that avoid by many people,, i love to see they trying to escape from it and stay alive, this show me how precious life is, fight together for their live this awesome,,

its feel very hard to escape the monster named Death Spot again and again they found by that ,,
the only thing just fight it, haruhiro making himself as sacrifice to save the other but i never thought that haruhiro can beat it, he finaly wake and seen mary face smiling at him,, then he party got 30 gold coin that very unpredictable ending..
great im very satisfied watching this awesome show,,
8/10
Apr 29, 2019 4:06 AM

Feb 2018
Haruhiro beat the boss.

9/10
May 15, 2019 5:31 AM
Apr 2019
The ending woulda been a million times better if hiro hooked up with Mary
Sep 14, 2019 2:39 PM

Nov 2016
In terms of fantasy shows, definitely the one with the best character growth. And hell, it has been a rewarding final episode. Although, I'm sad that it's already over. I just became so attached to the characters, the setting and the beautiful atmosphere of this anime.

Think I'm gonna join the crowd that hopes for S2.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 16, 2019 3:18 AM
Jan 2018
FMmatron said:
In terms of fantasy shows, definitely the one with the best character growth. And hell, it has been a rewarding final episode. Although, I'm sad that it's already over. I just became so attached to the characters, the setting and the beautiful atmosphere of this anime.

I doubt this will get a season 2.

Seriously, you guys should just read the Light Novel. Almost all of it is translated to English, with volume 14 hitting in November.
Sep 16, 2019 8:26 AM
Aug 2016
allblue1 said:
FMmatron said:

Seriously, you guys should just read the Light Novel. Almost all of it is translated to English, with volume 14 hitting in November.

Don't u think maybe when the Light Novel gonna end they will do a second season? Im waiting on this 2 years and maybe i just should read it eh.
Sep 16, 2019 3:42 PM
Jan 2018
MeiBlack said:
allblue1 said:

Don't u think maybe when the Light Novel gonna end they will do a second season? Im waiting on this 2 years and maybe i just should read it eh.

The series is still ongoing, so when I said "almost all of it is translated to English," I meant what has been written so far. And even if it should get a season 2, it's only going to cover the next 2 volumes at best, just like season 1 did.
Sep 17, 2019 3:55 AM
Aug 2016
allblue1 said:
MeiBlack said:

The series is still ongoing, so when I said "almost all of it is translated to English," I meant what has been written so far. And even if it should get a season 2, it's only going to cover the next 2 volumes at best, just like season 1 did.

Thanks for info. Maybe im gonna start to read cause its so useless to wait for next season. :(
Jan 3, 2020 6:30 AM

Aug 2018
Decent show.

I get that it presented itself as a more character-driven isekai, but the pacing still felt agonizingly slow at times. Other shows not so self-consciously "character-driven" manage the same amount of (or more) character development while better sustaining plot and action.

Loved the character designs

The animation, while generally solid, had some pretty egregious lapses, especially toward the end, and that scene of them walking down the alley in the ruined city still makes me cringe to think about.

Also there are some lingering questions like:

- Why did Haruhiro suggest the mines when he knew it would give Merry a panic attack (and did, visibly, but he didn't react)?
- How did Ranta escape from the kobolds at the end of episode 11?

And so on.

Wish I could give it more than a 6.5/10.
Set SCE to AUX
Jan 11, 2020 8:00 PM
Jan 2018
Spaceship said:
Decent show.

I get that it presented itself as a more character-driven isekai, but the pacing still felt agonizingly slow at times. Other shows not so self-consciously "character-driven" manage the same amount of (or more) character development while better sustaining plot and action.

Loved the character designs

The animation, while generally solid, had some pretty egregious lapses, especially toward the end, and that scene of them walking down the alley in the ruined city still makes me cringe to think about.

Also there are some lingering questions like:

- Why did Haruhiro suggest the mines when he knew it would give Merry a panic attack (and did, visibly, but he didn't react)?
- How did Ranta escape from the kobolds at the end of episode 11?

And so on.

Wish I could give it more than a 6.5/10.

Yeah, that's the main complaint I hear about Grimgar. That either the action and pacing is too slow, or about the animation. It can feel like a slow burn, but the action really does pick up later. If this does get a season 2, you'll get to see what I like to dub "the raid arc," and boy does shit hit the fan.

As for your questions, I think Merry was the one who suggested the mines, well at least in the LN. I remember Haruhiro being worried about her, but maybe they changed it up for the anime? Ranta gets away with his demons help, I think. It's shown in the LN, I just haven't read that part in along time, so I'm sketchy on the exact details.
Jan 11, 2020 8:10 PM

Aug 2018
allblue1 said:

Yeah, that's the main complaint I hear about Grimgar. That either the action and pacing is too slow, or about the animation. It can feel like a slow burn, but the action really does pick up later. If this does get a season 2, you'll get to see what I like to dub "the raid arc," and boy does shit hit the fan.

As for your questions, I think Merry was the one who suggested the mines, well at least in the LN. I remember Haruhiro being worried about her, but maybe they changed it up for the anime? Ranta gets away with his demons help, I think. It's shown in the LN, I just haven't read that part in along time, so I'm sketchy on the exact details.

I do hope it gets a S2; I'd watch it. I really liked the action in episode 8 (?), and feeling an actual twinge of concern that these characters could actually die, as opposed to most isekai where you know they won't. That just wasn't enough to overcome the pacing though. The show just felt spread too thin over 12 episodes. Oh well.
Set SCE to AUX
Feb 25, 2020 10:33 PM
Aug 2019
Yume x Haru best ship
Mar 23, 2020 5:10 PM
Mar 2020
My favorite anime. I love the genre, the animation, the slow pacing, everything. I have watched it 4 times till now I guess. The characters and the setting feels so much more real than in SAO. I love alternative worlds with a realistic touch. I'd really love to watch a 2nd season.

10/10

I have read the first Grimgar novel which was mentioned here in the forum. But I was not as excited as about the Anime. What I can easily ignore in an anime like discussions about breast size feels strange in a novel. Dialogues like: "Yume eats a lot since Yume's breasts are tiny and need to grow," I don't want to read in a novel. Also the fights are much more boring, long descriptions about who uses which skill why.

I am a fan of the LitRPG genre and there are better books than this. I think I'll try out the 2nd one to see if it gets better but if not I'll give up on the novels.

Apr 12, 2020 4:45 PM
Jan 2018
EL_Mercy said:
My favorite anime. I love the genre, the animation, the slow pacing, everything. I have watched it 4 times till now I guess. The characters and the setting feels so much more real than in SAO. I love alternative worlds with a realistic touch. I'd really love to watch a 2nd season.

10/10

I have read the first Grimgar novel which was mentioned here in the forum. But I was not as excited as about the Anime. What I can easily ignore in an anime like discussions about breast size feels strange in a novel. Dialogues like: "Yume eats a lot since Yume's breasts are tiny and need to grow," I don't want to read in a novel. Also the fights are much more boring, long descriptions about who uses which skill why.

I am a fan of the LitRPG genre and there are better books than this. I think I'll try out the 2nd one to see if it gets better but if not I'll give up on the novels.

The anime covers volumes 1 and 2 pretty well. The only things they really leave out in the anime is the time Orcs attacked Alterna and Haruhiro getting to see Team Renji in action; and the introduction of Team Soma and them forming their clan, The Daybreakers, at the end of volume 2.

I'd say just read the last chapter of volume 2 and move on to 3. The raid on Deadhead Watching Keep is so good. I just finished volume 14++(vol 16) and that arc is still hands down one of my favorites.
Apr 27, 2020 4:14 PM

Jun 2017
This episode had a couple of majorly illogical things (Ranta managing to escape from last episode's predicament with no explanation, that knife cutting Death spot's gigantic sword that destroyed everything else) but the series as a whole was pretty enjoyable. a 7.5/10 from me, rounding up to an 8/10 :)
May 5, 2020 3:13 PM

Apr 2015
Rewatched it again and though I'm noticing more hiccups than four years ago, notably in regards to production, one character and some leering camera angles, what I appreciate about the series was very much not a fluke. The narrating style of Haruhiro just works for me, even if I do doubt it'd work for all series!
May 13, 2020 5:57 PM
Mar 2013
i rewatched this for the second time and i have to say, renji i sort of disliked his attitude i mean they choose the strongest members and left thoese weak behind. Ye it makes sense a bit but i still dislike how his team seemd arrogant in the episode were Renji gave the 1 piece gold to the team. I might read the LN soon but i do hope haru does not get to close to them.
Jun 27, 2020 6:31 PM
Jan 2018
Gal3riel said:
i rewatched this for the second time and i have to say, renji i sort of disliked his attitude i mean they choose the strongest members and left thoese weak behind. Ye it makes sense a bit but i still dislike how his team seemd arrogant in the episode were Renji gave the 1 piece gold to the team. I might read the LN soon but i do hope haru does not get to close to them.

Renji is definitely a mixed bag with how blunt he can be. He saw people who he could use in the moment, regarded the rest as trash, and moved forward. But with that said, he's not a terrible guy.

You'll really grow to like him and his team in the LN, though it's much MUCH later in the series.
Jul 13, 2020 1:22 PM

Aug 2013
Boring, slow, worthless anime. It's like one big filler without actual story - slice of life with typical dialogues and average people instead of interesting or unique at least characters. Absolutely worst example of genre.
Aug 5, 2020 4:49 PM

Aug 2016
I don't get why so many people are skeptical about this title. For me this is a great example of genre deconstruction, where unlike ton of other issekai anime nothing is given easy and you have to fight your way to live, and even weakest monsters are a threat and possess intelligence, where you have to take care of mundane tasks and when you are dead you cant simply respawn. Add here unique drawing style and you get a title which is vastly different from majority, more deep and refined, having more feeling into it.
But no, people would better go and watch another game-like issekai where main hero is invulnerable and powerful enough to bring the world to his knees starting from ep1 (SAO fans, are you here?).
SilentNoxAug 5, 2020 4:53 PM
Aug 21, 2020 1:20 PM

May 2019
Tylaen said:
Rewatched it again and though I'm noticing more hiccups than four years ago, notably in regards to production, one character and some leering camera angles, what I appreciate about the series was very much not a fluke. The narrating style of Haruhiro just works for me, even if I do doubt it'd work for all series!

BTW what version did you watch in your rewatch?? the BD version or TV version ?
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Aug 21, 2020 1:28 PM

Dec 2015
Does the BD version have anything special or is it just better quality?
Aug 21, 2020 3:27 PM

Apr 2015
Askaa said:
Tylaen said:

I believe I watched the TV version both times, insofar as I'm aware.
Aug 21, 2020 6:08 PM

May 2019
Tylaen said:
Askaa said:

then you should check out the BD version of haruhiro vs death spot it was more smooth than the TV one
i believe the TV version was unfinished
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Aug 22, 2020 8:00 AM

Apr 2015
Askaa said:
Tylaen said:

then you should check out the BD version of haruhiro vs death spot it was more smooth than the TV one
i believe the TV version was unfinished
I know it was unfinished; It was all over everywhere that it wasn't when it aired. Where the BD version is aside from purchasing said version, I would not know and I've not been bothered to find it as of yet.
Sep 17, 2020 4:24 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dang it I should’ve fondle her flat chest

Oh man it’s over already, I wasn’t expecting to end up needing more, I even thought I was gonna drop this after a couple episodes. Perhaps the light novels can indulge me

So yeah not much here story wise, but I don’t think this anime adaption in particular needed that. I appreciated the laid back format, definitely different from the rest of it’s fast paced genre.

Still kinda sad it wasn’t renji stepping in at the last minute to slag the beast, but then again it’s cool to see how op haru’s power was

It’s 4:30am and I binged watch this in one night, quite worth it tho.

Not exactly quite there to give it a 7/10 for me, but it did me a solid so I’ll give it a nice even 6/10 (that’s more than a pass for me, I overall did enjoy it).

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 24, 2020 12:51 PM

Mar 2020
this was sooo bad, 4/10, if not for nice color palette and mary I'd rate it even lower

"I'm 14 year old and this is deep" tier trash
Feb 14, 2021 9:29 PM

Nov 2013
Seriously, this was over the top intense.
I was nearly convinced Ranta had lost his life when I saw the bloody helmet. The situation looked hopeless. But he has the devil's luck.
And then Hal, left to take on Death Spots alone. And alone he defeated that monster. Goddamn what a warrior!
Hal's a true leader now. Anyone would follow him straight into the jaws of Hell with that kind of spirit. I guess they are a "party" now.
Great show.
I introduced my neighbor to this series tonight. He said it reminded him a game he used to love playing. Great series. And to think I watched this as "filler" while waiting for the next great anime--well it IS the next great anime. The downside is where to go from here...
Feb 28, 2021 2:51 PM

Nov 2013
Was reading the light novels and caught a good quote from Haruhiro. Decided to format it into a sort of meme:

Mar 21, 2021 1:25 AM
Mar 2016
allblue1 said:
EL_Mercy said:

10/10

The anime covers volumes 1 and 2 pretty well. The only things they really leave out in the anime is the time Orcs attacked Alterna and Haruhiro getting to see Team Renji in action; and the introduction of Team Soma and them forming their clan, The Daybreakers, at the end of volume 2.

I'd say just read the last chapter of volume 2 and move on to 3. The raid on Deadhead Watching Keep is so good. I just finished volume 14++(vol 16) and that arc is still hands down one of my favorites.

U forgot about Choko!
Jun 18, 2021 3:46 PM

Jun 2019
My 116th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Feb 25, 2022 8:54 AM
Dec 2021
ok. Greninja is sexy. valley-polarized quantum anomalous hall effect in ferrimagnetic honeycomb lattices
Feb 25, 2022 8:54 AM
Dec 2021
ok. Greninja is sexy. valley-polarized quantum anomalous hall effect in ferrimagnetic honeycomb lattices
May 28, 2022 1:41 PM
Nov 2020
This was one fun ride, have to say tho it lacks a Priority Goal ... It just feels like your daily farming MMO/Gacha games.
Has big potentianl that's for sure, like they have not been told anything other than killing to survive since the day they woke up.
Not to mention they have amnesia none told them where they came from like what???. They could have made so many plot holes through such, hopefully the second season if it ever gets one will be more detailed. 7/10 For me. (Would love to read the manga but nah, it did not leave impact on me)
Jun 22, 2022 7:37 AM
Jan 2017
Second Rewatching this anime..
and after 2 years its feel cool and soothy with insert song, Opening and ending..
and for the plot. some episode before make me cry a little bit and start to thinking what the mean of my existence on this world just to watch the series.. this is best story and world building series that much different from general isekai anime..
the feeling is great this on this work..
good to rewatch this
8/10
Jul 15, 2022 3:01 AM

Jul 2017
Finished rewatching this and this show was somehow even more underwhelming than when I first saw it years ago. Besides the watercolor feel to its backgrounds (which were sadly repetitive because of the lack of change in setting throughout this season), and Merry/Mary being okay I guess, didn't really like anything else about this show when rewatching it. Even a lot of the insert songs didn't mesh well with the incredibly bland setting. Sometimes, the music even felt distracting with some of the more serious scenes/montages since the music didn't mesh well at all, like oil and water. The general music clashed with the setting in my opinion and this really prevented any kind of immersiveness from taking place for me ;unlike other fantasy series like a Made in Abyss or Mushoku Tensei with how they flesh out the setting really well accompanied by fitting and engaging music choices. Enough of ranting about the music, not much else impressed me about this particular rewatch.
animejasJul 15, 2022 3:04 AM
Aug 26, 2022 5:34 AM
Apr 2020
amazing, breathtaking.
Aug 30, 2022 9:04 PM

Jan 2019
A 10/10 from me. Is the novel worth reading though, or is it all downhill from here?

Sep 9, 2022 11:42 AM
Jul 2020
I'd actually give this a 10/10. Although not perfect, perfect, 10 is highly deserved for this
Sep 13, 2022 10:49 PM

Dec 2018
well i liked maybe 4 episodes in the whole thing. the show had a lot of decent parts, i did like the ending a lot. i feel like this all could have been condensed to 6 episodes though. maybe they were going for an artsy fartsy emo feel and yeah the art was nice but that doesn't mean you have to have 2000 still frames and dozens of overly long inserts with people just walking. a lot of mundane dialogue as well. if it had been properly condensed i'd give it a really good score but i think the best i can do is a 5 or 6. i'd still watch a second season but i guess i'm going for the novels instead. not sure where to start.

oh and that skill was smart, i thought the eyes would be a good spot from the start but man death spot totally jobbed that one.
Oct 24, 2022 6:19 PM
Oct 2021
Simple story, but still good
Nov 18, 2022 10:34 PM
Jan 2021
Nicely potraid emotions and slice of life isekai.
Felt real, as 99% of anime don't potray it well.
Starting was average, but it got really good in the second half.
And now, i am a HaruxMary shipper because people change so do i.
Mary best girl <3.
Dec 6, 2022 10:34 PM

Nov 2022
Overall, this has been a great series but perhaps also one of the most flawed; all of the best things about it can also be considered its problems - the slow pacing and focus on character relationships was nice but it also meant that there was little actual story and not much progress happened in the end; the atmospheric, almost 'music video'-esque feel to the series due the frequent use of insert songs and slow montages was definitely unique and interesting to watch but it was also repetitive and sometimes felt overplayed and routine rather than impactful; and while the scenery and art was beautiful, the animation itself was either average or even terrible and shoddy at times.

7/10
Dec 31, 2022 5:46 PM

Dec 2022
It's a pitty the final.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jan 11, 2023 3:17 PM
May 2019
it was a great way to end this season
Feb 9, 2023 1:20 AM
Feb 2021
Yarın görüşmek üzere beyler
Apr 4, 2023 12:06 PM
Jul 2020
nikolai131 said:
Literally this was the WORST light novel adaptation I've seen since Mahou Sensou. A-1 never stops to amaze me--- From the insane changes in the character designs, to the tens of skipped scenes and the hundreds altered ones, including the most symbolic and important ones... Oh and not to forget the increase of fanservice and ass-shots, 'cuz they so important. I had such hopes for this considering I am big fan of the light novels, but oh well... what can you do... Now I should start praying for complete remake from another studio and to never get a 2nd season by A-1.

Only thing I will prize are the backgrounds/landscapes. They were insanely beautiful, nothing like the cheaply drawn characters that didn't do them justice.

As for the last episode itself. It gave a nice (sort of) conclusion to the TV, and more chara-dev for Mary (sorry, no Mary), and the romance remarks were welcome too.
well supposedly yume and ranta are married n have kids and I was shipping her with mc so i don’t really care if it’s ruined or not now mc is all depressed and shit
Apr 22, 2023 10:23 AM
Oct 2020
Solid glad Ranta survived and everyone else too. This was a good introduction. I hope to see a season 2 one day!
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

489 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 30, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
Apr 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.