Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 6, 2013 8:19 PM

Sep 2011
I really couldn't like Thunder's attitude. Too bad Naka Yuuichi voiced him. Beside Kyousuke of Oreimo, there is one more of his roles I hate.
The scene Shouko feed L-elf so cute :3.
What will happen with Haruto? Will he turn to be a pure monster bitting people randomly?
Jun 6, 2013 8:33 PM

Mar 2012
phanh_lu said:
I really couldn't like Thunder's attitude. Too bad Naka Yuuichi voiced him. Beside Kyousuke of Oreimo, there is one more of his roles I hate.
What will happen with Haruto? Will he turn to be a pure monster bitting people randomly?

Haruto is piloting the "parent" of all the other VVV units. We know this because his unit is using a "Rave" engine and all the others have "Rave Mirror" engines; this is similar to the various types of GN drives in Gundam, btw. Haruto's unit is also the only one with VVV-tan, who may play a role eventually.

It is predicted that Haruto, being an immortal being and such, becomes the ruler of the Third Galactic Reich that was discussed in the opening lines of episode 1; or he possibly becomes "the Darth Vader" to Cain the Emperor.

Picture it: the 'good guy' goes crazy now that he no longer thinks of himself as a 'monster' but rather thinks himself a 'god'. The other Valvrave pilots try to free/rescue him somehow from being controlled (by Cain?). Cain is probably also immortal, and I could definitely see Haruto snapping/becoming Hitler 3.0 if, for instance, the entire module is blown up - or Haruto is tricked/led to believe that one of his allies has betrayed him - and everyone apart from the other Valvrave pilots die.

We'll have to wait and see, though. The fact they are split the show into two cours with one cour in between is just downright evil...
styrJun 6, 2013 8:39 PM
Behold, as a wild ass in the desert, go I forth to my work.
Jun 6, 2013 8:55 PM

Jan 2011
i seriously could not laughing when Haruto starting going vampire and L Elf just knocks him out like nothing

glad they finally talked about the people of JIOR was bothering me why all these Valvraves were just chilling under the school.

pray Thunder is the first pilot to die :/
Jun 6, 2013 8:57 PM
Jan 2012
styr said:
phanh_lu said:

Haruto is piloting the "parent" of all the other VVV units. We know this because his unit is using a "Rave" engine and all the others have "Rave Mirror" engines; this is similar to the various types of GN drives in Gundam, btw. Haruto's unit is also the only one with VVV-tan, who may play a role eventually.

It is predicted that Haruto, being an immortal being and such, becomes the ruler of the Third Galactic Reich that was discussed in the opening lines of episode 1; or he possibly becomes "the Darth Vader" to Cain the Emperor.

Picture it: the 'good guy' goes crazy now that he no longer thinks of himself as a 'monster' but rather thinks himself a 'god'. The other Valvrave pilots try to free/rescue him somehow from being controlled (by Cain?). Cain is probably also immortal, and I could definitely see Haruto snapping/becoming Hitler 3.0 if, for instance, the entire module is blown up - or Haruto is tricked/led to believe that one of his allies has betrayed him - and everyone apart from the other Valvrave pilots die.

We'll have to wait and see, though. The fact they are split the show into two cours with one cour in between is just downright evil...

I would prefer Haruto and L-elf to pull off a Lelouch-Suzaku.
Cain sort of feel like Schneizel
Jun 6, 2013 9:01 PM

May 2013
Good episode.

We got to see two more pilots for the two new valvraves. By the way, the new valvraves are awesome!.
Jun 6, 2013 9:15 PM

Jan 2013
Wait so every student is getting a valvrave?
Or am I mistaken?
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 6, 2013 9:18 PM

Nov 2011
Did he say "reproduce"?

And I love Shoko so much. She always knows the right thing to say.
Jun 6, 2013 10:07 PM

Apr 2013
HanaOtome said:
so...this anime sure knows how to be ridiculous
was it ever considered serious? Probably the only anime I have rated at 4 & that I haven't dropped. Its entertaining, but it blows.
Jun 6, 2013 10:31 PM
May 2013
The way how those Valvraves fought just Awesome..!!
Really love it.. :D
Jun 6, 2013 10:36 PM

May 2012
I was surprised that the teacher was a Jior soldier or whatever.... i thought he was investigating the Valvrave robots and i think he even stopped "Thunder" from getting inside the Valvrave...

So eventually all students will become like Haruto...
Jun 6, 2013 10:41 PM

Nov 2011
rebelakuma said:
I was surprised that the teacher was a Jior soldier or whatever.... i thought he was investigating the Valvrave robots and i think he even stopped "Thunder" from getting inside the Valvrave...

So eventually all students will become like Haruto...

There was already a clue to this earlier. After Saki became the Valvrave pilot, L-Elf commented that it was weird that both her and Haruto did it without dying, and he said something like "maybe there's a reason it is happening at this school."

Also, anyone notice the name Karlstein was dropped in this episode in relation to a facility that trains elite soldiers?
Jun 6, 2013 10:48 PM

Feb 2013
OH HOT DANG THAT PLOT TWIST!! <3

Pew pew pew pew lazers~~
Jun 6, 2013 11:02 PM
Sep 2009
Fallen_Lullaby said:
Guess the only one left to pilot VVV VI/Purple is

I kinda liked Money guy and Aina together, tbh. But so far all of the pilot's motivation(minus Saki) to resign their humanity is vengeance. Though, I think Thunder didn't quite understand the whole 'resigning your humanity' thing.

Haruto and L-Elf also just started living together and they're already having marriage problems.

Looking forward to next week if certain spoilers are legit xD

hey men..this is just my guess since episode 2 but so far its right..see the OP where everyone is looking left and right?? all the pilots are the ones looking to the right!(Saki, Inu, Thunder, Nerd guy, President, and yes the female teach!) plus haruto that wil make the Golden 7!..and also base on the latest ep which proves me right again..the male teach said that all the teachers in the academy are soldiers except the female teach!..this is all my guess.. but if im wrong i wish Akira will be the pilot of the purple Valvrave..but still have two more missing Valvrave so its anyones guess :)
Jun 6, 2013 11:07 PM

Jun 2011
sunshine_sakura said:
Kurogashi said:
wheres the fan service?
well yeah.. yay for the 'plot twist'...

Jun 6, 2013 11:07 PM

Jan 2013
Marie and Akira need some more screen time...

Jun 6, 2013 11:21 PM

Feb 2013
Ekulerudamuru said:
Fallen_Lullaby said:
Guess the only one left to pilot VVV VI/Purple is

I kinda liked Money guy and Aina together, tbh. But so far all of the pilot's motivation(minus Saki) to resign their humanity is vengeance. Though, I think Thunder didn't quite understand the whole 'resigning your humanity' thing.

Haruto and L-Elf also just started living together and they're already having marriage problems.

Looking forward to next week if certain spoilers are legit xD

hey men..this is just my guess since episode 2 but so far its right..see the OP where everyone is looking left and right?? all the pilots are the ones looking to the right!(Saki, Inu, Thunder, Nerd guy, President, and yes the female teach!) plus haruto that wil make the Golden 7!..and also base on the latest ep which proves me right again..the male teach said that all the teachers in the academy are soldiers except the female teach!..this is all my guess.. but if im wrong i wish Akira will be the pilot of the purple Valvrave..but still have two more missing Valvrave so its anyones guess :)

Actually it's not even that subtle. It's as simple as the order of the characters. If you watch them in the order they are shown in the OP, it's our two MCs first, Haruto and L-11.

Then we have our pilots in the exact order they appeared: Saki, Kyuma, Raizo, and Akira.

Then after that it's Aina, Marie, Yusuke, Takahi, Satomi, Takumi-sensei, Rion-san, and Shoko...interpret that as you will.
Jun 6, 2013 11:24 PM

Apr 2013
- 8 arms? X_X

- 10 if you count the 2 original..

Dat writing tho, strong point of this anime..... LOL
Jun 6, 2013 11:29 PM

Dec 2009
I think the only reason I still watch this show is to see the valvraves curbstomp the dorrsian fleet.

That, and because it's so bad it's good.
Jun 6, 2013 11:32 PM

Dec 2012
"Not Spies. Karlstein institute specializes in raising agents-"
uh oh ulterior motive behind ulterior motive,wonder if L-ef helped new Jior because secret order
Jun 6, 2013 11:36 PM
Sep 2009
Irenesharda said:

Actually it's not even that subtle. It's as simple as the order of the characters. If you watch them in the order they are shown in the OP, it's our two MCs first, Haruto and L-11.

Then we have our pilots in the exact order they appeared: Saki, Kyuma, Raizo, and Akira.

Then after that it's Aina, Marie, Yusuke, Takahi, Satomi, Takumi-sensei, Rion-san, and Shoko...interpret that as you will.

yeah i notice that too..but i can see some symbolism in that part of the OP too where the pilots have left their humanity to be pilots thus looking to the right..i might be over thinking things..but hey! if anyone of them become pilots that would be good especially Akira. :3
Jun 6, 2013 11:41 PM

Nov 2007
Did you guys see Kaminari has twelve arms? If you consider the pilot has two of his own. :D

- Yamada?!
- Sandaa da!

Jokes aside, Kyuuma suddenly became from a respectable senpai to a delusional pawn. Two more pawns on Eru-Erufu's chess board now. Good ol' Eru-Erufu. He makes the show so much better just appearing in it. I have never seen such a one character dependent anime before!

Saki had minimum appearance in the episode. And I realized the show loses much of its charm if she isn't there. Shoko is still my fave though!

5/5 for golden entertainment. This anime is so predictable that it's pure gold! Didn't see all those who died were soldiers coming though!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 6, 2013 11:58 PM

Nov 2011
Everything go just as Eru-Erufu planned.

Two Valvrave activated in one episodes. If Shoko actually died in the first episode, 3 of the Valvrave pilot will have revenge as their reason for fighting.

Well, didn't expect everyone beside the students to be JIOR spies.

Jun 6, 2013 11:59 PM

Jul 2009
neontaster said:
Did he say "reproduce"?

Yes, more or less. The original quote is:
これで4人…複製に成功された

It's not exactly clear who was responsible, so "They have succeeded in duplicating it" is another interpretation.
誰も、未来を信じない
Jun 7, 2013 12:09 AM

Nov 2007
Actually, this week's plot twist was Eru-Erufu being just like her. He doesn’t know everything, he just knows what he knows. :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 7, 2013 12:30 AM

Jun 2011
shanimebib said:
Actually, this week's plot twist was Eru-Erufu being just like her. He doesn’t know everything, he just knows what he knows. :D

Hanekawa Tsubasa XD
Jun 7, 2013 12:45 AM

Jan 2011
Yamada and Inuzuka finally got their own Valvraves! They're probably the 2 most interesting characters in this show besides L-Elf and the Dorsian princess. This show is so predictable and cliche but the mecha action is so good. Always keeps me entertained even though the story itself is pretty bad.
Jun 7, 2013 1:19 AM

Mar 2012
el_putazo said:
Click on the spoiler tags if you want to know about next week... You've been warned...

There's already a thread discussing that picture.
Behold, as a wild ass in the desert, go I forth to my work.
Jun 7, 2013 1:46 AM

Feb 2013
Here's next episode preview screen caps. For some reason the Chinese subs had it even though the English one's didn't. The title of Episode 10 is 恋の選挙公約, which they say translates to something along the lines of "Election Promise of Love"?

Jun 7, 2013 1:57 AM
Feb 2013
Cool, more Valvrave pilots! This episode was alright.
Jun 7, 2013 2:04 AM

Jan 2013
styr said:
el_putazo said:
Click on the spoiler tags if you want to know about next week... You've been warned...

There's already a thread discussing that picture.
Yeah, I had just barely noticed right after I posted that comment.

But still, thanks for letting me know.
CabronJun 7, 2013 9:45 AM

Jun 7, 2013 2:33 AM

Jul 2009
Irenesharda said:
Here's next episode preview screen caps. For some reason the Chinese subs had it even though the English one's didn't. The title of Episode 10 is 恋の選挙公約, which they say translates to something along the lines of "Election Promise of Love"?

The raws going around didn't have the episode 10 preview for some reason. I noticed the Chinese source doesn't have a station watermark, so maybe they got theirs from the internet.
誰も、未来を信じない
Jun 7, 2013 2:39 AM

Feb 2012
Nice two new pilots.
Jun 7, 2013 2:42 AM
Feb 2009
too ridiculous
Jun 7, 2013 3:01 AM

Nov 2009
Cool episode!!!

There were so many great scenes here and the action was pretty good. I see that Haruto is starting to attack people more often now and the AI in his Valvrave is responding by saying the words 'hungry' so I guess blood is their source of power. The two Valvraves were pretty well designed and as I expected, Kyuuma and Yamada were the ones to pilot them. Interesting concepts for their attacks and it really felt like watching gundam especially when the scene where Aina briefly responds to Kyuuma's confession.

I guess Kyuuma really did like Aina a lot and its nice to see that he is able to something for everyone now. L-elf proves himself to be a worthy and a clever tactician and leader where Haruto seems to approve some of his ideas. Seems like the entire JIOR people except for Nanami were in the army and I kind of expected that the Valvraves may have been the reason. Maybe the secret to the Valvraves will be revealed later.

Looking forward to the next episode!!

5/5

Jun 7, 2013 4:02 AM
Jan 2011
2 new Valvrave appears, ya know I still wish that L-elf dies.

Looks like even L-elf has his limits or then again he was expecting the 2 new Valvraves to be operational.
Nasty001Jun 7, 2013 4:16 AM
Jun 7, 2013 4:52 AM

Jan 2013
power rangers/megazords!!!

Jun 7, 2013 4:55 AM

Mar 2013
I love this anime.

Thunder irritates me and I was hoping he wouldn't end up with a Valvrave, but eh, whatever.

I wonder what the OS meant with "hungry". Why would Haruto be going vampire more often?
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Jun 7, 2013 4:59 AM
Oct 2012
Love this anime.

It is a nice twist that Module 77 was make only for the Valvraves.

I wonder what the connection between the OS and Cain is and why the OS is "hungry"?
Jun 7, 2013 6:29 AM
Aug 2012
Well this was a very good episode. Compared to the previous episodes, the action in this episode was much better. My dislike or hatred towards L-elf lessened a little bit after these last 2 episodes but i still don't like him that much. But as long as he doesn't pull off any crap like episode 3 or doesn't talk about sacrificing all the time, he can be likable. Still he talked down to Kyuma but isn't he doing all this himself for saving/helping out the princess. Well whatever.

Kyuma was a good character. Rather than moping around he tried to get better. I think he is a good fit as a Valvrave pilot. Also he is not fully consumed by revenge. That's a good thing. Now about Valvrave 5, it's really great with it's defensive abilities and long-range crossbows. But i think the opening showed it using a longbow too.

Thunder is definitely one of the most likable characters. The guy isn't just a punk, he cares about people especially his friends. Before you go judging his, remember that he said he doesn't want anyone else to die in front of him. With Valvrave 3, he makes a good pair. It really suits him.

Now Valvrave 3............that thing is overkill. It's got both close range and long range capabilities not to mention its got 8 freaking arms with lasers/daggers. That thing is a freaking monster. I love it. Got to give props to sunrise. They really made the Valvraves unique and cool, also overpowered. I liked how Kyuma and Thunder battled together. I really wish to see Saki and Haruto fighting together like that. It's really interesting as how Valvrave focuses on characters who are going to become pilots in that particular episode rather than focusing on the MCs. They are doing a good job.

Some people said about how Valvrave 3 & 5 got so many kills. Cain's group specializes in tactics and their objective is to captue the module and valvraves. So it's pretty obvious their group is superior and why Haruto and Saki has so much trouble facing them. The other commander was just an idiot. His second-in command was much interesting. Too bad she died. Please somebody slap Shouko already. Dopes she really understand what situation they are in? Who the hell force feeds the commander/tactician in the middle of a battle? Does she think this a wonderland where they just sing and dance around? She gets more annoying every episode. I really hope Saki gets one on her next episode.

So teacher was a spy along with most of the people in Module 77. But why does the AI only shows up in Haruto's Valvrave and only he seems to get those impulses? The AI getting hungry at the same time.........they are linked somehow. Still waiting for them to tell us more about the Magius (Vampires). Overall Valvrave is progressing well as long as there are no more jingle bells.

Jun 7, 2013 6:45 AM

Jun 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
But i think the opening showed it using a longbow too.

Nope, it's the same "crossbow like weapon", he just used it like a long bow.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jun 7, 2013 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
sunshine_sakura said:
neontaster said:
Did he say "reproduce"?

Yes, more or less. The original quote is:
これで4人…複製に成功された

It's not exactly clear who was responsible, so "They have succeeded in duplicating it" is another interpretation.

Thank you. I think it probably means the weirder one (reproduce) because the female officer said something like "I guess I didn't mishear him." Or maybe they mean it like "clone." Meaning that they found an archetype and recreated it themselves. That happens in a bunch of other mecha shows like

Jun 7, 2013 7:27 AM

Feb 2011
Troll subs pls.
Jun 7, 2013 8:24 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
More yaoi scenes with L-Elf and Haruto again...

I mean two teenage boys in a dorm room, who knows what they got up to behind the scenes

Jun 7, 2013 8:29 AM
Jan 2010
lollll
Jun 7, 2013 8:41 AM
Aug 2012
Kari-chan said:

I mean two teenage boys in a dorm room, who knows what they got up to behind the scenes

So it's so common for a boy and a girl to stay in the same dorm? Fujoshis seriously how absurd can you get?

Jun 7, 2013 9:29 AM
Jan 2013
I'm more interested in the reveal at the beginning than the Jior soldier reveal. The OS girl needs her pilot(?) to bite more often so it seems. That could create some funny scenes. Yup. Entertaining episode, but the Dorssian army are looking like fools right now. Commencing attack, retreating before the end of the episode... Sigh. I hope the Dorssians create some immortal vampire, god complex having teens of their own to pilot some Valvrave sexiness too. So far it's been a onesided battle..
Jun 7, 2013 10:11 AM

Oct 2012
Kari-chan said:

Absolutely nothing.
Jun 7, 2013 11:19 AM

May 2011
This episode felt weird somehow. o.o
Jun 7, 2013 11:19 AM

Jan 2013
Wow this ep was surprisingly good. I was thinking of droping this till now.
Jun 7, 2013 11:47 AM

Apr 2011
j0x said:
is Aina some sort of a soul now? and nice to see the Yellow and Blue Valvrave in action, the last Valvrave color Violet maybe piloted by Akira *fingers cross*

I hope. *fingers crossed*
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

676 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.