Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 2, 2023 7:06 AM

Nov 2022
Eiko so hot but she needs to chill a little bit lol.
Oct 2, 2023 8:21 AM

Oct 2017
The human antagonists showed up, ofcourse there's gotta be bad people. Hope their shitty plan turns on themselves.

Things got risky for the trio fast, Eiko's quick action saved the day, love her. Her expressions are just lovely. This graduate is interesting with it's gimmicks. Next up, the haunted spot.
Oct 2, 2023 9:02 AM

Jan 2013
This the japanese version of Scooby Doo
Oct 2, 2023 9:05 AM

Oct 2022
Second cour begins! The scene with Eiko and Keitaro definitely makes me believe now that the creature whom cursed them possessed Eiko and is making sure that Keitaro gets bound by the occult forever!

On the good side, we are at least getting a new male MC finally! Having only Keitaro would have made this even more annoying!
Oct 2, 2023 9:28 AM

Dec 2022
I'm surprised they didn't try and exorcise all of the secondary American soldier ghosts that are trying to eat the Japanese Graduate ghost. If they did that, they wouldn't have to worry about them causing trouble in the future.
Oct 2, 2023 10:08 AM
Sep 2010
turn the car around, stay far far away from that bloody tunnel XD
Oct 2, 2023 10:21 AM
Mar 2015
The graduate saved them Let gh ost to the F Tunnel Eiko certainly is possessed
Oct 2, 2023 10:50 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to basskiller
I know being scared is he's thing but hopefully he stops because its starting to get old now.
@basskiller Why would he stop being scared? keitaro is just an average guy, he doesn't have super powers that can make him go toe to toe against the ghosts. Plus, these ghosts are all different and don't follow a pattern so it's not something one gets used to, even more so when your life is at stake each time.
Oct 2, 2023 12:58 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Tsinelas
I feel bad for those soldiers who turned to ghost.. cause in real life, during the World War we know their are millions of men/boys who were forced to be a soldier then died from fighting, disease, famine, thirst just like what Keitaro saw.. let them rest in peace
@Tsinelas Look up Nanjing Massacre and let me know if that changes your mind.
Oct 2, 2023 3:14 PM
Jan 2023
Great episode again! The new antagonists are introduced, they seem interesting enough, and we also find out that they are the ones who created the spirit Yayoi is after taking down. I guess we'll see where that part of the plot goes, I guess it's one of those things that they'll come back to later.

This new graduate is certainly an interesting one, and as someone who is interested in history, it's great to see this sort of thing shown in an anime. From what I've read, what they've shown here is historically accurate, albeit brief.

Keitarou nearly got himself killed again, this time he nearly got bitten to death by ghost soldiers trying to quench their thirst on his blood. They must have been really desperate to get to that point when they were still alive.

Eiko is being just as terrifying as always with that creepy smile of hers, and for some strange reason, she's always super excited about risking her life on these ghost missions. Oh and she could actually see the ghosts this time thanks to the TV way out in the middle of nowhere, presumably powered by the graduate.

Can't wait to see what happens next week at the tunnel, if it was me, I would have turned the car around and gone home, but it's Eiko and Yayoi we're talking about, so we know that's not going to happen.
Oct 2, 2023 5:36 PM

Dec 2022
The ED was so cool.. there are 7 ghost in all, in which 3 of them we already saw.. cant wait for the others to appear.
Oct 2, 2023 5:59 PM

Oct 2022
And this is why you should keep away from any yanderes no matter how tame, because they're all god damn psychos and your life will get worse.

Oct 3, 2023 3:24 PM

Jun 2019
Vooo said:
Look up Nanjing Massacre and let me know if that changes your mind.

It's not like most Japanese soldiers in the IJA directly participated in the Nanjing massacre events. Most soldiers of any country and nationality in any war in any era are either conscripted and therefore left with little viable realistic alternative, or, alternately, just doing what they believe is necessary or right for their country and/or what is necessary to secure basic means of living for food and shelter for themselves and their immediate family.
Oct 3, 2023 6:02 PM

Dec 2022
Oh, we can see all the graduates in the new ED, nice.

I don't understand why the ghosts of people who died thirsty would stay away from people with water, doesn't it make more sense for them to be drawn to water?

Oct 3, 2023 6:43 PM

Oct 2022
I love Eiko and I hope she never changes. So much crazy, but also cute so it's ok! Nice to see her being more active and involved now.
Oct 4, 2023 2:47 AM

Jul 2014
The last 2 episodes are just getting way more intense. Wth did I just see, its so hilarious man
Oct 4, 2023 6:28 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! what an ordeal! just retrieving a graduate gave them this trouble and they are still not yet done with capturing the another S-class spirit! damn!!! so intense!! which is for sure gonna give them and ultra ordeal probably harder than the last S-class spirit! damn! i'm so impressed of our young heroine girl exorcist!
5/5.

Oct 4, 2023 6:12 PM

Mar 2008
What kind of ill prepared military operation doesnt provide a means of distilling water from ocean water?

I love how Eiko sounds when she gets all obsessively lovey. I dont quite quite get how to read her if she is being manipulative or if Keitaro really likes fear like she claims but maybe hides it because he feels guilt over it
traedOct 4, 2023 7:23 PM
Oct 4, 2023 8:28 PM
Jan 2017
I rarely watch "horror" stories. Many seem ridiculous or unbelievable. Rare ones really scare me. So, I wonder why I'm enjoying the antics of Eiko, Keitaro and Yayoi.
And speaking of Eiko, that chick is weird.

Chipp12 said:
Surprised nobody mentioned the last moments of the new ED - Yayoi wakes up, emerges and looks at Eiko who stays lying in that liquid together with spirits. I wonder if it's some kind of ominous hint about the future developments or I'm reading too much into it.
Dreadogastus_FOct 4, 2023 8:32 PM
Oct 4, 2023 9:51 PM

Aug 2016
Eiko is the scariest part.
Oct 5, 2023 4:43 AM
May 2017
Damn Eiko a certified freak, Keitaro is wasting hella time to get the job done iykwim

but yeah this episode was cool, got their other graduate to obtain their other s-class. Nothing major

3.5/5
Oct 6, 2023 8:57 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah yes a simple reuse opening. I feel bad for Ai tho, like the end of the opening sequence, her purpose just to wink and then gone till the gank find a way to deal with pedo kami.

Kishimojin surely did the mistake there for letting Seed of the Moonless Dawn to grow under those giant mother spirit belly aka Spectre of Death, whatever. I mean, well, that's the human villain act? I see that there must be some more other person who could do the same thing like what Yayoi do, that's it some edgy boy. I am so excited when they met each other's, whose going to win the battle of the spirits of the century?

Then talk about how they retrieve their another graduate pawn, a great soldier spirit from the past known great war, that's sure requires a lot of effort. But its also cool to know the spirit willing to help even though its companion were pretty much have the same aggressiveness like the Evil High Priest. Unfortunately. Feels bad for the alien doll too that always sandbagging our poor Keitaro. Wonder when again its shine to help the battle of the spirits for our master of spirit Yayoi to victory?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 6, 2023 11:31 PM

Apr 2023
Out of all the series I'm currently watching, this is definitely the most interesting one. I'm glad some people in early chapters encouraged other people to keep watching it, definitely worth it. The new visuals in the op took me by surprise, really cool!

I love how everyone here agrees that Eiko is such a freak lol. Poor Keitaro, that bite scene was scary af, fortunately Yayoi is always prepared. Can't wait to see the next episode.
Oct 7, 2023 2:24 AM

Jul 2023
Reply to Lysared
Out of all the series I'm currently watching, this is definitely the most interesting one. I'm glad some people in early chapters encouraged other people to keep watching it, definitely worth it. The new visuals in the op took me by surprise, really cool!

I love how everyone here agrees that Eiko is such a freak lol. Poor Keitaro, that bite scene was scary af, fortunately Yayoi is always prepared. Can't wait to see the next episode.
@Lysared But sadly some people only watch the first 4 to 6 episodes and drop it thinking it's boring and even give it bad reviews.
Oct 7, 2023 12:29 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode but I do wish they would stop randomly regressing the characters.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Oct 7, 2023 11:28 PM
Jul 2023
ayo no episode 14 today??????????????????????????????????????????? or is it tomorrow when show releases, i forget
Oct 8, 2023 8:57 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to MasterHavik
Great episode but I do wish they would stop randomly regressing the characters.
@MasterHavik They're not regressing the characters though. Keitarou is still faithful to his word about helping Yayoi on her ghost hunt, but his reactions will stay relatively the same since he is just a normal dude experiencing terrific supernatural cases.(He does become a bit more used to it and shows more courage as the series goes on).
Oct 8, 2023 10:36 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to CrimsonTome
@MasterHavik They're not regressing the characters though. Keitarou is still faithful to his word about helping Yayoi on her ghost hunt, but his reactions will stay relatively the same since he is just a normal dude experiencing terrific supernatural cases.(He does become a bit more used to it and shows more courage as the series goes on).
@CrimsonTome I just feel sometimes the show can just be contradicting itself. One moment he is stepping up...the next moment is bitching and crying about having to do again. It's like the character forgets he agreed to this. Fear is understandable but there is a way to do it with internal monologues instead of him verbally saying this. Eiko has the same issue where it seems she picks and choose when to take this serious. Yayoi is the only one that isn't doing this. I just feel a more skilled writer would know how to handle Eiko and Kei better because in horror this isn't how you write main characters. Like think about it. You're playing Resident Evil and Jill is still afraid of zombies despite surviving two outbreaks. Or that Ada is suddenly afraid of evading zombies? Each of our main characters in RE go through that shock of seeing zombies for the first time but they aren't going, "Oh my god Zombie!" Every 10 fucking minutes. Yes, I know they are military trained but I'll just point to characters like Claire and Sherry. I don't hate the show but they gotta get out of this cycle as it holds it back. There is growth and progress but doing this just feels like maintaining a bizarre status quo.
Oct 8, 2023 5:58 PM
Mar 2021
This episode really made me excited for next week.
Oct 10, 2023 8:52 AM
Nov 2022
This only gets more and more interesting, without a doubt the girl is fucking crazy!
Oct 11, 2023 8:13 AM

Apr 2023
Shikimoka said:
@Lysared But sadly some people only watch the first 4 to 6 episodes and drop it thinking it's boring and even give it bad reviews.

tbh the pace in the first 5-6 episodes is really slow, there's a lot of cliches as well, and the fact that the animation "is not as good" as other shows (Zom for instance, I watched 7 episodes of that, what a waste of time) i can see why some people may drop it. Personally I don't have any issue with the animation and honestly I feel it fits really well with the story. Overall, I'm surprised with how the story is unfolding and happy by the fact that I decided to continue with this series thanks to some of you guys comments.
Oct 11, 2023 1:44 PM

Jun 2016
damn yoo eiko is mysterious girl but that make she is best waifuu seasonal...
Oct 12, 2023 7:44 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to MasterHavik
@CrimsonTome I just feel sometimes the show can just be contradicting itself. One moment he is stepping up...the next moment is bitching and crying about having to do again. It's like the character forgets he agreed to this. Fear is understandable but there is a way to do it with internal monologues instead of him verbally saying this. Eiko has the same issue where it seems she picks and choose when to take this serious. Yayoi is the only one that isn't doing this. I just feel a more skilled writer would know how to handle Eiko and Kei better because in horror this isn't how you write main characters. Like think about it. You're playing Resident Evil and Jill is still afraid of zombies despite surviving two outbreaks. Or that Ada is suddenly afraid of evading zombies? Each of our main characters in RE go through that shock of seeing zombies for the first time but they aren't going, "Oh my god Zombie!" Every 10 fucking minutes. Yes, I know they are military trained but I'll just point to characters like Claire and Sherry. I don't hate the show but they gotta get out of this cycle as it holds it back. There is growth and progress but doing this just feels like maintaining a bizarre status quo.
@MasterHavik I have to respectfully disagree with you there. We can't forget that they're not dealing with creatures made of flesh, but with non corporal supernatural entities that don't have the same pattern of behavior nor do they possess the same weakness. They also have different abilities and curses that can end you in a moment. Furthermore, some of these spirits can trap you in loops or in another dimension so to speak. Also, giving an example, let's say that you're a part of a group that goes to supposedly haunted locations to try to catch supernatural activities on camera. You've already experienced your fair share of scary situations, but everytime there's a loud noise or voices that don't belong to you or your friends coming out of darker corners, they ask you to go investigate. Fear will automatically kick in no matter how many times you went through something like this, and you will complain your fair amount of times about having to do it. I think Keitaro's behavior is more on the realistic side since as an average person one would never really get used to those situations, but I do understand your point.
Oct 12, 2023 10:06 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to CrimsonTome
@MasterHavik I have to respectfully disagree with you there. We can't forget that they're not dealing with creatures made of flesh, but with non corporal supernatural entities that don't have the same pattern of behavior nor do they possess the same weakness. They also have different abilities and curses that can end you in a moment. Furthermore, some of these spirits can trap you in loops or in another dimension so to speak. Also, giving an example, let's say that you're a part of a group that goes to supposedly haunted locations to try to catch supernatural activities on camera. You've already experienced your fair share of scary situations, but everytime there's a loud noise or voices that don't belong to you or your friends coming out of darker corners, they ask you to go investigate. Fear will automatically kick in no matter how many times you went through something like this, and you will complain your fair amount of times about having to do it. I think Keitaro's behavior is more on the realistic side since as an average person one would never really get used to those situations, but I do understand your point.
@CrimsonTome And I get your point that fear never leaves us. I don't hate the show but do feel this can be better handle at times. I just feel like as much as I like Yayoi I don't like how she seems to be a babysitter at times for both characters. I know she's the expert but come on guys you're giving her extra work to do. Unless Yayoi enjoy using them as bait as even with their desire to take mroe action they are still seen as bait to me.
Oct 12, 2023 2:53 PM

Jan 2017
Reply to MasterHavik
@CrimsonTome And I get your point that fear never leaves us. I don't hate the show but do feel this can be better handle at times. I just feel like as much as I like Yayoi I don't like how she seems to be a babysitter at times for both characters. I know she's the expert but come on guys you're giving her extra work to do. Unless Yayoi enjoy using them as bait as even with their desire to take mroe action they are still seen as bait to me.
@MasterHavik Yayoi is physically stronger than both, her strength and reflexes reach super-human levels, so yeah, in a way, she "babysits" them most of the time, although, there's times here and there later down the line where she is saved by them, or where they help her in a way(be it with actions or ideas). But yeah, she is the main fighting force in their group(not counting the graduates of course).
Oct 13, 2023 9:46 AM
Jan 2022
Gostei bastante desse episódio
Jan 3, 5:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So now we got ghost soldiers ready to kill just for water...yeah that was definitely creepy
Mar 3, 9:55 AM

May 2015
Opening visuals changed a bit and we got a new ending! Episode wise though, Keitaro was practically a chew toy to those soldier ghosts. Also we now know who put that talisman there from the last episode! Cant wait to see how they interact with Yayoi.
Mar 4, 2:51 PM

Apr 2021
Why does Eiko have red eyes ?
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 15, 4:08 PM

May 2018
Nice! Military man Pokemon
Apr 16, 2:58 AM

Apr 2013
Not sure if that new graduate is more or less dangerous than the priest, seems like the water didn't really help though.
Jun 6, 1:09 PM
Mar 2019
This is getting more scarier as it goes on.
Another Graduate for the collection.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

115 by Muow »»
Sep 17, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

69 by Muow »»
Sep 16, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2023

115 by Muow »»
Sep 15, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2023

75 by Muow »»
Sep 15, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2023

107 by Muow »»
Sep 11, 11:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.