Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Jul 7, 2010 1:21 AM

Dec 2008
The animation was different but neat. It reminded me of the battle at the waterfall. Cool, next episode we get to see the 4 hokage revealing soon cool stuff.
Jul 7, 2010 4:52 AM
Nov 2009
I had a mixed feelings. The battle was epic, yes, but laser beams...come on! :D I haven't read the manga so, which part of it was a filler? The end was according to the manga's plot?
Jul 7, 2010 6:34 AM

Apr 2009
yeah the animation with the Rocks and stuff was Epic..

but the animation with pain and the art, especially Pains face RUINED the entire episode..

you just couldnt enjoy it anymore..

they really changed the studio..

the lasers etc where epic.. but his face... daaaaamn
Jul 7, 2010 7:38 AM
Oct 2008
What - The - Hell - Was - That?

The only question after wathcing this sh1t. I finally continued watching naruto some time ago, and after sasuke vs hachibi was expecting narutu vs pain to be quite epic. But thats...i can't find words. It was worst anime episode in all industry in the last 10 years.
Don't mind some filler fight(thou all the drama was lost), but come on naruto using 1st jutsu? Pain using 2nd's jutsu? Stone banging? Laser beams? "Is it all you got?" I barely watched it to end.

My Vote: pure sh1t.
Jul 7, 2010 8:44 AM
Jul 2010
Kuhaa said:
I had a mixed feelings. The battle was epic, yes, but laser beams...come on! :D I haven't read the manga so, which part of it was a filler? The end was according to the manga's plot?

The manga plays out like this:

Naruto rages - Goes 6 tails instantanously and the hokage amulet also tries to seal him away immediately(he destroys it like in the episode)... Naruto then charges pein forcing him to use shinra tensei but the force of it gets turned on Pein instead and he gets thrown to hell... then Pein does his bansho tenin ontop of naruto while hes massing his chakra ball (theres NO water though) and the area blows up. Then Pein flees... after that the series more or less got the episode right.. everything else in the fight was filler
Jul 7, 2010 8:58 AM

Feb 2007
I didnt like the animation that much was like they where liquid, but exept for that i enjoyed it, cant wait for the next one =)
Jul 7, 2010 11:50 AM

Jan 2008
PicassoPein said:
Kuhaa said:

The manga plays out like this:

Naruto rages - Goes 6 tails instantanously and the hokage amulet also tries to seal him away immediately(he destroys it like in the episode)... Naruto then charges pein forcing him to use shinra tensei but the force of it gets turned on Pein instead and he gets thrown to hell... then Pein does his bansho tenin ontop of naruto while hes massing his chakra ball (theres NO water though) and the area blows up. Then Pein flees... after that the series more or less got the episode right.. everything else in the fight was filler

Basically they cut out everything that made the fight great in the manga.-_-
Jul 7, 2010 2:28 PM

May 2008
Is it just me or did the animation look cartoon-ish this episode? Were the artists trying to be funny or something?
Jul 8, 2010 7:22 AM

Mar 2010
lol , yes animation sucked ,but it made me laugh so hard even through that episode was not made to laugh out loud.

love new ending , I wish I could know who sat next to sakura when she was younger, lol :D
My mom said im special . ~*
Jul 8, 2010 4:49 PM

Jan 2010
Complaints I have:
TTGL like art(although I like it, it doesn't fit here)
Pain didn't burn when he touched the fox cloak
Where did all that water come from?(from the pond where Tsunade sometimes goes?)
Was Naruto shooting fire balls?
Did pain just use shield?
Somehow, the landscape isn't Konoha anymore
Combining water and fox chakra?
Did Pain just fly?
What happened to Naruto's big attack which occured in the manga?
Score Criteria:
Jul 8, 2010 9:25 PM
Jun 2009
Bierzgal said:
Didin't like the new style. It's like it was made by the creators of FLCL. Very grotesque and not-Narutoish. The filler part of the fight was also too much overboard.

I totally agree! The new animation was horrendous! There were some good parts, but the close up on pains face when he was shouting? No. Get rid of whoever is animating these episodes. It does remind me a bit of FLCL, and I really like FLCL... but I don't like Naruto looking like FLCL. That style of animation has it's place, but not in this series. I really hope the animation goes back to the way it was by the next episode.
Jul 9, 2010 8:59 AM

Jun 2009
There's only one word to describe this shitty episode (well, besides shitty): ridiculous. I mean how the HELL can they mess this fight up THIS bad?
This ep was crap in so many ways. I really, really hope, they'll stop using this horrible animation stlye soon.
Jul 9, 2010 2:56 PM

Mar 2007
I loved it. But the animation was crappy sometimes :/
Instagram: Luzifurr
Jul 9, 2010 7:40 PM
Sep 2009
forget about trivial stuff explain me this; how come hinata hits pain because he used so much chakra and whatever.... and naruto in nine tails mode can't?

i have a bad feeling like naruto will end up with a shitty final like "soul eater"
Jul 9, 2010 11:50 PM

Jul 2008
8tails more badass as i thought. though i think the animation was weird in a couple of parts
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 10, 2010 2:07 AM
Mar 2008
Wow...The animation these last episodes are terrible to barely recognizable and warped way out of proportions....I love it.
Jul 10, 2010 3:47 AM
Sep 2009
wow I see many mixed reactions. for me this ep was really good but this hymmm how to call it "play with Pain's face" was a bit funny.maybe graphic was also really *cked up,maybe they make themselves "short break" cuz you're more focus on a plot than a animation.lolz.music was quite good. shooting Kyuubei I don't remember spell of it ;0 ya... maybe it's a bit strange. although I enjoyed this episode and answer for one of you - yes begining with this ep there is a new ending song ^^
mexyJul 10, 2010 3:50 AM
Jul 10, 2010 1:42 PM

Apr 2010
Hated it. Looney Tunes style running effects and NAILING Pain? Hell, none of them were in the manga, in fact manga version was beyond epic levels.

Yet they managed to ruin even THIS. The BEST arc in whole series got ruined thanks to animation.
Jul 12, 2010 11:16 PM

Sep 2008
So much to take in!!!! Animation was choice! Naruto almost gets turned into the Nine Tails, having subconsciously crushed the sealing necklace given by Tsunade. Hinata's still alive and Anko is still around(hurray!!). Nine Tails Naruto: Six tail level plays Whack-a-mole with Pain(Hilarious, had to see it twice). And lastly... Naruto gets saved by out of everybody... his FATHER the Fourth Hokage!!!! Next episode will be epic!!!
Jul 13, 2010 7:37 PM

Jan 2009
What's the probability of them choosing to remake this episode? and anyone know what the fans in Japan thought of it overall?

From the comment I've seen around the forums, the opinion is leaning negative in the English speaking public.
Jul 14, 2010 10:41 AM

Jul 2009
LOL !! It was so epic, loved the emotions in this ep. better than I expected it to be...!!XDDD!!

It was really funny the way Pain and Naruto were fightin...HA LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL!
Jul 14, 2010 12:27 PM
Jul 2010
NEKO-est said:
LOL !! It was so epic, loved the emotions in this ep. better than I expected it to be...!!XDDD!!

It was really funny the way Pain and Naruto were fightin...HA LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL!

That's why it sucked. It wasn't supposed to be funny.
Jul 15, 2010 3:37 PM

Oct 2009
I liked the art, but it's so not Naruto-like.
But still, the best episode so far. Freaking awesome stuff is happening)).
Jul 16, 2010 2:42 PM

Apr 2009
I don't know what kind of stupid idiot came up with idea of experimenting with style in THIS episode, THIS moment O_O It was soooooo bad, Pain was moving like a doll (well, he actually is but he's supposed to move normal -_- ), weird faces like in TTGL (not in here ppl! it's not TTGL! ) and the most f*cked up thing I've seen so far! Nailing Pain with a stone and his calm face "Do you feel pain?" WTF! Many times when he got hit he was making "hurt" faces, he had expressions like normal human and here he got nailed to te ground and not only did not get crushed, even scratched but was acting like nothing happened...

1/10...
Jul 16, 2010 11:40 PM
Jul 2010
ios said:
Naratchi said:
Why is it such a bad thing that the animation reminds you of FLCL? That's not a bad thing, it's marvelous. This is how Naruto should've been animated to begin with. They used the same animators in a couple of episodes in the Asuma arc, and, of course, the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight a long time ago. Nothing has moved so much in an episode of Naruto since I can't remember when! The action blasted out from beginning to end. Why're you calling the beginning a filler in such a negative way? I think it's great that they added something extra and didn't stick to the manga. It's the best freaking thing about this episode. Facts, not opinions. Too bad it looks like this mindblowing animation won't continue with the next episode.

i agree the haters are just complaining about the art but on the animation side this episode is top notch and i bet those haters will not complain about the animation on this episode plus personally im more interested in animation than the drawing itself so this episode rocks for me too

First of all, every noob/patronizing orthodox catholic on the face of the earth that uses the term hater should die. If someone hates something and doesn't troll about it but instead posts the truth about why something sucks, why should he shut up, just bite and bear it, being so allergic to haters is emo, period.

Second and most important, i dont know how old or young you guys are but its clearly visible that the animation is a cheap copy of the gurren lagann animation style. Which btw more than anyone else i find it ridiculously pathetic that the guy with the Gurren Lagann signature didnt realize himself.

At first i thought maybe its a tribute, now im not sure what to think.

If anyone still thinks the episode was nice btw, check the strips Voltekka posted on page 5 and repent your horrible taste :D

EDIT: Great at least going towards the last pages i notice more ppl saying it looks like TTGL

And yhea like T0LEK says, the guy that decided to experiment with the style at right this ep, is a hell of a son of a gun among other things. M for sure too.
klyernJul 16, 2010 11:48 PM
Jul 17, 2010 6:07 AM

Oct 2009
XD this was really epic. Some of the Pains stances and faces during the fight were funny and ridiculous, well I couldnt think about this fight as a serious one then, but still amusing more or less XD
I hope the special will not be the only revision of this episode, I wouldnt see much point in it
nice episode x)

Jul 17, 2010 5:52 PM

Jun 2009
6 tails Naruto is really awesome, with that boney as a shield. Seeing the 8 tails remind me of the 8-tailed beast's flesh, like the meteor storm

IS IT ME OR THE ANIMATION IS A BIT 3D???
ZinvyJul 17, 2010 8:02 PM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 19, 2010 8:38 AM

Aug 2008
klyern said:
[Second and most important, i dont know how old or young you guys are but its clearly visible that the animation is a cheap copy of the gurren lagann animation style. Which btw more than anyone else i find it ridiculously pathetic that the guy with the Gurren Lagann signature didnt realize himself.
With comments like these, I have to wonder how much about animation do people even know in the anime fandom. A cheap copy of TTGL's animation? Do you even know that TTGL's animation is clearly a homage to Yoshinori Kanada's animation, whcih was a big inspiration for Hiroyuki Imaishi's animating style, not to mention countless other animators? Kanada invented that style back in the 70s and 80s and tons of animators have followed in his footsteps since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aEmATUt2SY

There wasn't even much action here that was clearly inspired by Kanada, since Norio Matsumoto animated most of it and he does his own thing, so I'm not getting the comparison.

In any case, the animation for this episode was fantastic and I'm glad thatStudio Pierrot recognizes that they have something good here and that the fanbase might eventually open their eyes to new forms of animation.
bravesJul 19, 2010 8:56 AM
Aug 1, 2010 12:41 PM

Mar 2009
Superb episode despite the contradictions to the manga. Don't read the manga intentionally until later so the anime is fresh.

I do always look forward to these fluid animation sequences, wicked every time.

Loving it, keep it coming.
Aug 16, 2010 7:26 PM

Mar 2009
One of the most entertaining threads here. Thanks for the laughs, guys. XD
Aug 26, 2010 10:30 PM

Mar 2010
pain was punshed by hinata, six tails not enough whaaaaa

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 1, 2010 2:07 AM
Aug 2010
braves said:
klyern said:
[Second and most important, i dont know how old or young you guys are but its clearly visible that the animation is a cheap copy of the gurren lagann animation style. Which btw more than anyone else i find it ridiculously pathetic that the guy with the Gurren Lagann signature didnt realize himself.
With comments like these, I have to wonder how much about animation do people even know in the anime fandom. A cheap copy of TTGL's animation? Do you even know that TTGL's animation is clearly a homage to Yoshinori Kanada's animation, whcih was a big inspiration for Hiroyuki Imaishi's animating style, not to mention countless other animators? Kanada invented that style back in the 70s and 80s and tons of animators have followed in his footsteps since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aEmATUt2SY

There wasn't even much action here that was clearly inspired by Kanada, since Norio Matsumoto animated most of it and he does his own thing, so I'm not getting the comparison.

In any case, the animation for this episode was fantastic and I'm glad thatStudio Pierrot recognizes that they have something good here and that the fanbase might eventually open their eyes to new forms of animation.

I kinda doubt Japanese kids hated this ep, considering some of the most popular shows there are stuff like Shin Chan and Maruko-chan. it's the wapanese "Looney Tunes is trash, Naruto is art" Western fans that are doing most of the complaining.

but really even if it's just kids the amount of people who think Norio Matsumoto is a talentless hack and should be slowly burned to death is sad
Sep 8, 2010 10:18 PM

Nov 2009
hasyly said:

Pain's hatred face (and my first facepalm..)

What were they thinking when they animated this?

Lmao, can't stop laughing! :D
Sep 16, 2010 6:25 PM

Feb 2010
My god, people, really. If all you're gonna do is talk shit about how bad it is, here's a suggestion: quit watching it!
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Dec 4, 2010 2:36 PM

Feb 2009
hahahahha, that's a great picture up there. i loved the movement in this episode, was some great action : D
[url=http://www.squiby.net/level/4135737]
Jan 23, 2011 6:56 AM

Sep 2008
Some weird animation and funny facial expressions in this episode... Great music though. And I still really liked the episode.

I was actually a bit shocked that Naruto went from only having four tails to eight so quickly... Equally - nah, more shocked when the Fourth showed up to stop him from releasing the seal completely.

OH. And YESSS! Hinata's alive. DX Thank freaking heavens.
Mar 9, 2011 6:13 PM

Aug 2009
damn dunno why.. those last few mins of the ep made me cry!! damn this gets so emotional sometimes! love this show!! :')
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Mar 9, 2011 6:58 PM

Aug 2010
LOLL. I thought I was watching looney tunes, or roadrunner for a second, what the hell happened to the animation?!

I laughed so hard when I saw Pain skidding down the narrow valley running away from the water xD

I mean the animation was too fluid, that it started turning into globs of mush! Pain's face in the picture above explains it all -^

Seeing Minato at the end though...perfect timing :)
Apr 5, 2011 9:09 AM
Apr 2011
The animation style was sick you freakin haters.... The animators had a great sense of fluid movement. Yea some of pains faces were strange but that is the animators creating a great sense of quickness and movment. In real life if u were to have people moving so superhumanly fast the camera would also pick up some strange images. Ii thought the animation style screamed of slick style. Different from the typical "good" animation style but incredibly styilized 5 thumbs up(yes i have that many).
Apr 29, 2011 8:00 AM

Apr 2010
hahahaha what a lol when Pain was pushed underground like a nail by Kyuubi hahaha xD
May 1, 2011 10:26 AM

Dec 2010
Best Naruto episode ever made.
10/10 for this xD
I couldn't stop laughing throughout, Constipated faces..pew pew laser guns, road runner pain, whack a mole.
and also, one second they are in konoha, next they are in the freakin sea lmao

OrangePalMay 1, 2011 10:33 AM
Apr 7, 2012 1:45 AM

Apr 2009
LMAO!I just couldn't take this epi serious xD- The animation was so shitty that it was almost good again... for a major laugh, that is.XDD
Man, what were the animators smoking when they did this?!
Apr 7, 2012 2:54 AM

Sep 2010
Opening song - terrible.
Opening video - much better than the last one with Sai, Naruto and Sakura joining hands in a ninjutsu. LOL. -_-

I was actually very happy to rewatch Naruto as a kid..
I was disappointed with the character art, it just seemed extremely plain? Average? Mediocre? Chibi?
Then I read in one of the further comments it was fan made? I'm assuming that means a fan did the art?

The Kakashi punching bag was amazing.
And LOL at Sasuke's crib.

Ed was good great.
Sep 18, 2012 12:26 PM

Mar 2012
Looks fan-made
End Zionazism
Dec 25, 2012 11:37 AM
Dec 2010
The best Naruto shippuden episode so far.
Jan 26, 2013 9:48 PM
Apr 2012
Arghoxhuse said:

Actually, in a way they do. Most of the people here are trying to be cool by pretending they don't like Naruto, and try to cover up the fact that they still watch every single episode with retarded bullshit like "LOL I JUST WATCH IT TO MAKE FUN OF HOW DUMB IT IS NOW, *insert random anime they've never seen* IS SOOOO MUCH BETTER"

I don't think that anyone who didn't like the art thinks like that.
Yet, I really liked this episode, I didn't realize that what they were doing was absolutely impossible (maybe because I'm a little bit slow), but I love FLCL kind of animation.
Mar 29, 2013 8:34 PM

Jan 2013
One of the best fights I've ever seen in an anime, I was captivated all the way through. I thought the animation was actually pretty cool, very fluid. I'd imagine that would be pretty difficult to animate anyway so people should stop complaining. Think I went through every emotion there is watching this episode, especially when Minato turns up at the end! Epic.
RDWMar 30, 2013 10:11 AM
Jun 28, 2013 6:18 PM

Jun 2012
kushinaa said:
this episode was the worst ever because of it's animation ......i hated it ....it was like tom and jerry ......i hope they wouldn't continue like that......the story of the episode was awesome but they destroyed it with this fool animation way

well it wasn't the worst episode ever. The worst one was......eh...... This one!!!! What the hell ?! The animation ruined it all! I really thought that it would be the most epic Naruto episode ever and then I burn my eyes on that shitty animation!! Whoes idea was it? Fire the guy!!!! I hope that it was only this once, cuz I cant watch Naruto like that. I was too irritated with that ***************** ***** ************ ******* animation to enjoy seeing Pain getting toyed with.

ah,thats better. I just had to get rid of my frustration.
"For every confession that is made, there is someone that is dumped" -Harima Kenji
Jul 24, 2013 6:58 PM

Dec 2009
Fucking Epic/Awesome Battle! And Minato appearing FTW!
Mar 22, 2014 9:57 PM

Jun 2009
Solid episode, the art in certain places like Pain's face aside. This took me back to the Sasuke vs Naruto days, though I feel like that handled the transition from art to animation a little better, this was a very intense fight.

Interesting that Minato is in the Kyuubi, maybe he left some sort of Jutsu to stop Naruto from pulling the seal? I guess I'll see next episode.

Hinata is still alive? Well, I guess that is one silver lining in all of this. I wish Sakura would play more of an active role in this, though.
Ston3_FreeN7Mar 22, 2014 10:15 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Knave - Jun 24, 2010

216 by KoniginElle »»
May 26, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 213 Discussion ( 1 2 )

711 - May 26, 2011

85 by Fludddd »»
May 25, 7:53 PM

» Who are your top 20 favorite Naruto characters?

SupremeGod - May 13

35 by Chunkzz422 »»
May 22, 12:29 PM

» Is Itachi in your top 10 favorite Naruto characters or no?

SupremeGod - May 12

38 by BotGang »»
May 19, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 387 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

71 by Lukas_AAW »»
May 17, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.