Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Mar 2, 2022 12:42 PM
Oct 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Yes, it's not as simple as changing overnight lol. She still cares for Eren but is starting to realise protecting him is not always the right move.

Mikasa has had doubts since the Liberius attack. The scene where she leaves the scarf behind was pure character development, she expressed her doubts and yet she came back for it. And should I also think that she hated Louise because she hated that side of herself while practically proving herself to be what she hates? It's not in the least consistent
PlayMaker22Mar 2, 2022 1:08 PM
Mar 2, 2022 1:06 PM

Mar 2021
The main team is back !

But as manga reader, there's only 2 or 4 episode right ? There's so much to come, its gonna be so rushed or its not the final part '-'
Mar 2, 2022 1:42 PM

Oct 2020
PlayMaker22 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Yes, it's not as simple as changing overnight lol. She still cares for Eren but is starting to realise protecting him is not always the right move.

Mikasa has had doubts since the Liberius attack. The scene where she leaves the scarf behind was pure character development, she expressed her doubts and yet she came back for it. And should I also think that she hated Louise because she hated that side of herself while practically proving herself to be what she hates? It's not in the least consistent

You don't know why she wanted the scarf back. If you have noticed she didn't put it back on.
Mar 3, 2022 2:17 AM

Oct 2010
this was basically the cucuruz doan island episode of SnK but from a story perspective. There's no way that meting would have occurred like that taking into consideration the atmosphere of SnK. Gabi shouting at Falco to transform in order to kill Connie also makes no sense considering that she allied Armin and Armin didn't want Connie to die, why didn't Connie feel threatened? Wasn't Armin supposed to tell Connie his plan first to convince him to stop Eren, why is the flow like Connie decided to stop Eren out of the blue?
I won't even talk about how come the cart titan wasn't seen by any soldier or Hange's sudden shift, Eren's speech should have impacted her, why no monologues thinking about her future path?
Anyways, it's always some people who are against true justice, even Light had his enemies
Mar 3, 2022 4:56 AM

Feb 2019
good episode, some very funny moments lmao.
it's ridiculous that levi is alive at this point tho
Mar 3, 2022 10:32 AM
Sep 2020
Catalano said:
this was basically the cucuruz doan island episode of SnK but from a story perspective. There's no way that meting would have occurred like that taking into consideration the atmosphere of SnK. Gabi shouting at Falco to transform in order to kill Connie also makes no sense considering that she allied Armin and Armin didn't want Connie to die, why didn't Connie feel threatened? Wasn't Armin supposed to tell Connie his plan first to convince him to stop Eren, why is the flow like Connie decided to stop Eren out of the blue?
I won't even talk about how come the cart titan wasn't seen by any soldier or Hange's sudden shift, Eren's speech should have impacted her, why no monologues thinking about her future path?
Anyways, it's always some people who are against true justice, even Light had his enemies

you do have a point here this episode was ridiculously bad, in logic, in dialogue and also in scenarios
Mar 4, 2022 7:03 AM

Aug 2008
Damn, I'm so checked out when it comes to this series. If it wasn't for all the seasons I've already watched and close end, I'd drop the last season right away. Watching it is basically sunk cost fallacy in action. I'm not sure why but I can't give a single damn about anything happening any more. Maybe it's the characters. Maybe it's hard to be invested when every character is so antipathetic, you don't care who die or lose.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 4, 2022 5:40 PM
Feb 2022
Qwinntrell said:
XiongYifan said:
so you're telling me Mikasa didn't let Gabi die eventhough she's not even from Paradis and be a b***h to lousie eventhough she only adore her ? Like seriously lousie was probably in her deathbed. Can't she speak to her normally or atleast pretend to??
Mikasa. Doesn't. Owe. Her. Anything.

Are you asking Mikasa to sympathise with her stalker just because she was Eldian? Why bring up whataboutism with Gabi all of a sudden? All she was interested in was getting what was taken from her back and rightfully so. But sure, let's ignore her POV and play double standards with how others treat her instead.

bruh there's a child dying in front of her and she literally just walks off. no matter how hard you reach you can't make this sound reasonable.
Mar 4, 2022 8:01 PM
Feb 2022
arina-melashkova said:
Qwinntrell said:
Mikasa. Doesn't. Owe. Her. Anything.

Are you asking Mikasa to sympathise with her stalker just because she was Eldian? Why bring up whataboutism with Gabi all of a sudden? All she was interested in was getting what was taken from her back and rightfully so. But sure, let's ignore her POV and play double standards with how others treat her instead.

bruh there's a child dying in front of her and she literally just walks off. no matter how hard you reach you can't make this sound reasonable.
And that child is idealising Eren just like Mikasa did in the past. She has every right to feel disgusted by her, even talking about the free world Eren would create. Point is, Mikasa doesn't like Louise.
Mar 5, 2022 3:48 AM
Jul 2018
this is first ep this that I enjoyed
1. no edgy eren with idiotic decision
2. shows pal's reaction to eldian essentially winning war . everyone had different inner battle to fight but they all realized eren was idiot n they dont want a victory like this. i like authors commitment to character good work
Mar 5, 2022 10:33 AM

May 2015
Reiner is like: wtf is going on?
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 5, 2022 11:41 AM
Dec 2020
[/quote]"Best anime story" A nice joke. Everything after the timeskip is uninspired and mediocre.[/quote]
-objectively wrong statement
Mar 5, 2022 7:51 PM

Feb 2013
Andrzej2 said:
kronos7 said:

(...)Hange is the representative of Paradis' rightful government, while Yeagerists are the ones that betreyed it. They have zero reasons to be loyal to Floch or Eren who are both by rank normal soldiers who roze a rebelion.

Head of state who nominate prime minister is the Queen - Historia. If Yagerists have her approval then their government is legalized now.

KowaitheSenpai said:
I just wanted them to make his character sooo absurdly over the top racist to show he's become so far gone, evil and twisted

Floch is not a racist. In a previous episode we had a scene where he encouraged volounteers who are nor Erdians to join them and be accepted as Erdians. In this episode he was telling Onyankopon to join Erdia. Were you sleeping during those scenes or what?

World outside of Paradis was sentenced to die not becouse of their races but becouse they wanted to kill all Erdians.

No please dont think I view him as a racist, I was only stating what I WANTED to happen because his character is so well written as a lone surviving soldier with PTSD his actions show he needs to be detained instead of making bad decisions based off his PTSD

I'm going to be the Wizard Hokage of the Pirates!!!!
Mar 6, 2022 4:23 AM
Oct 2015
Based on what people who hate this episode are saying in the thread, I'm betting the ending is pretty damn good.
Mar 7, 2022 10:52 AM

Feb 2017
The worst AOT episode to be ever animated. The worst. As I am an AOE believer, I believe this will be the worst episode / media animated in the name of aot
Mar 7, 2022 10:52 AM

Feb 2017
The worst AOT episode to be ever animated. The worst. As I am an AOE believer, I believe this will be the worst episode / media animated in the name of aot
Mar 12, 2022 12:30 PM

Jul 2008
The end of the episode was all over the place....it definitely could have been put together better than that.
Mar 15, 2022 9:37 PM

Jan 2021
boy i just want to say that connie saying that is so cheesy..

i will always be on eren side, like i've watched that guy life story since the beginning, i will not switch side for these characters that i've recently met
Mar 18, 2022 5:13 AM
Mar 2022
Corral said:
Based on what people who hate this episode are saying in the thread, I'm betting the ending is pretty damn good.

hahahaha. Very based indeed.
Mar 21, 2022 7:24 AM

Apr 2018
Cringe episode.

I detest Necrokasa and Shlomo even more.
Apr 2, 2022 9:59 AM

Dec 2020
first there’s the episode title. living with ‘pride’ is a concept in aot that describes actions which align with one’s conscience. an important part of this is personal autonomy and not going with the ‘flow’ - shown by ymirs words to historia who struggled with all of these.

mikasa has always aligned with this concept so we’ll start with her. it’s important to note the context of her interaction with louise - coming after eren has just questioned her autonomy and identity by telling her she was merely a tool of her genetics with no agency.
louise is, in many ways, symbolic of the ‘mikasa’ eren describes at the table scene. her admiration of mikasa’s strength drove her decisions and she became a ‘follower’ (misaligned with ‘pride’). essentially this is mikasa’s current inner conflict externalised

however louise isn’t mikasa. mikasa never valued eren’s cruelty in killing her oppressors, she valued the BEAUTY in him wrapping the scarf around her. this drove her to want to protect the thing that brought warmth into her cold world, a world that’s too cold to survive in alone
it never made her become a follower to his wishes or world view. hence she again goes against him by not throwing the scarf away and she rejects the yeagerists, who supposedly are an extension of him. taking back the scarf is her CHOICE, as she has agency.

moments that can shape ones conscience is common in aot and we see this again through jean. despite how much becoming a yeagerist would benefit him, he can’t do it because ‘those ashy bones’ wouldn’t forgive him. this is a callback to the night they all decided to become scouts.

jean’s choice to go against the ‘flow’ saves another man who did the same - onyankopon. faced with certain death he denied the chance to live as that would betray who he is and what he believes in. sometimes just living isn’t worth the cost and onyankopon embodies this.the cruelty of the world can cause people to become blinkered, but to do so also robs us of humanity. he points this out in his speech, questioning how people who felt the pain war could be so happy to inflict the same upon countless innocents.

what would a world created by these people look like? they are using the exact same terminology as the first king fritz and this xenophobia and hatred is exactly what perpetuates the cycles that made the world such a cruel place to begin with.

the alliance coming together to ‘save the world’ serves as a metaphor for going against the cycle of hatred in general, which shapes that very world.
we see this on an individual level through connie who was about to feed a child to his mother for his own selfishness despite having the understanding that ultimately this was wrong.
for connie there’s no pride to be taken from taking the lives of others. it’s not the ideal of a soldier he believed in and it doesn’t align with both why he joined the scouts or what the scouts are supposed to represent. everyone is making their own choices.

there’s no one who embodies the concept of choice more than levi. his mantra of ‘no regrets’ isn’t based on believing his choices are ‘right’ but instead it’s predicated on making the choice he believes in the most and then living with that choice. his conversation with hange emphasises the core of each of them.[b] they’re the people who have fought the longest and lost the most, but to give up and run away betrays everything they (and the scouts) stand for. to choose the selfish option now is to deny the memory of their predecessors & their own past just like levi’s ackerman genes is a blessing it’s also his curse, forced to endure what no others could as ‘humanity’s strongest soldier’. hange is the same. their intellect and skill has been vital but it burdened them with something they never wanted - the title of commander.

despite this hange and levi become the foundation of the alliance and it presents an interesting tie to armin. armin at this current moment is fuelled by his deep self loathing and lack of self worth. the choices he makes are due to him feeling as if he MUST be like erwin.

where hange feels the burden of erwins loss, armin allows that to inform his entire existence. his self loathing was present from the start but rose exponentially when he was brought back instead of the man he viewed as better. due to this armin can only view his own life as an extension of erwin’s and falls deeper into this with every ‘mistake’ he makes. in many ways you could say armin goes against the concept of pride or autonomy and that’s what his true conflict is. until he accepts himself he’ll continue to believe suicide is the solution.

this suicide attempt, and even the one with bertholt, is a small parallel to willy tybur. willy was a man who hated himself due to his blood, and this led to his own suicide which he viewed as his ‘duty’. however you could view his declaration of war as the event that set the rumbling in motion. if he hadn’t loathed eldians and titans so much, could there have been another route? if armin HAD died, could the alliance have even truly formed? all this commentary shows the importance of ‘pride’.

to truly live with pride one must first find value in their own lives. what are the things we live for, who do we want to become, how do we wake up tomorrow content with who we are? humans can be evil, or cruel, but they can also be so much more if they try to be.

The production was fine except the pie scene,the animation was kinda weird there and the overly saturated composition during Armin-Connie-Falco scene wasn't that great either
But except that the episode again elevated the manga,Ashy bones,save the world,onyankopon speech to Floch,Hange-Levi scene was all better in the anime.
A great episode
Apr 2, 2022 5:06 PM

Jul 2013
Yay Levi is finally back. I missed the interaction between him and Hange so much. Like Hange said I also think if he wasn't an Ackermann, he wouldn't have survived the explosion. At least his hate for Zeke hasn't been gone and grew even bigger than before.

Holy shit Connie looked like an old creep when he asked Falco if he could help brushing teeth :D
Not sure what Armin was on about. For someone as smart as Armin usually is, sacrificing himself was such a stupid idea of him. Gladly Connie rescued him before this could happen and also realized how stupid he was in wanting to feed Falco to his mother.

I cracked up at the pie scene with. But who could blame her after 4 years, right?

From Jeans behavior before I knew something wasn't right, but I didn't expect Pieck to appear and taking Jean, Yelena and Onyankopon with her.

Now the whole crew is back together and ready to rescue the world. Reiner's face was priceless. But it feels almost like we're back to season 1. I'm already curious how things will turn out.

Apr 3, 2022 11:19 AM

Mar 2010
I guess that cart titan could outrun the giant colossal.. maybe so the plan isn't so much farfetched.. I'm just not sure how they will go unnoticed.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 4, 2022 1:42 AM

Aug 2021
Episode 8 Review:

Hange and Levi joined with marley scums but levi keeps saying he wants to kill zeke ....
BRUH THAT's YOUR CONCERN !? wtf bro

armin sacrificing himself to save connie's mum instead of falco was great to show how good hearted armin is (maybe a lil too good but yeah) .

Louise and scarf stuff was confusing
the stuff i didnt like was how friendly they act towards annie who murdered many of their people to say the least.
Jean being the most sensible and awesome character was good to see when he saved onyankopon
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Apr 4, 2022 2:26 PM

Nov 2015
Someone knows the songs that plays in the beginning of the ep during the convo between Levi and Hange?
Apr 4, 2022 11:54 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I like how Hange was so damn care to Levi while trying hard to survive back on the mountain. They looks cute together, and hopefully they can be live happily ever after in the end. If, they manage to survive, once more. Looks like its time for Captain Levi ready for more action, from his caravan!

Look how damn awful Connie face there. How on earth that art manage to keep me sane, idk ... but anyway, i am glad Connie successfully enlightened by great Armin strategy pulling out from those plan. Looks like Armin smartass mode back to the surface again, eh?

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. I thought Jean will be a savage, by shooting Floch, or for worse, Onyankopon. But nope, lets solve everything nice and slowly, right? Under the cart titan mouth xd. Annie reunion was also too short and its sure had an ugliness too there, but don't forget, she already kicking Reiner face. Nice shit, girl! Hah that end pose, its about time they created something as funny as that.

Next...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 7, 2022 2:15 AM

Dec 2010
Saving the world is nice and all, but what about the Eldian problem? Just stopping Eren would basically bring everyone back to Episode 1.
Apr 8, 2022 2:02 PM
Nov 2017
I loved it! The ending had me clapping of exitment!!! Finally we'll get to see the old gang together and will fight for justice!
Apr 11, 2022 8:23 PM
Jun 2013
That Connie plot-point was beyond stupid and pointless.

Was it ever explained where all the colossal titans in the walls came from?
Apr 13, 2022 4:46 AM
May 2020
Jean went ape mode on reiner. Damn
Apr 29, 2022 5:37 PM

Mar 2016
In light of all the chaos and devastation, we got to see a rare sight of comedy, seeing Annie much down on a bunch of pie slices was adorable! Especially seeing her all flustered as she got caught doing so by her former comrades/enemies. And ofc shortly afterwards, they hop on together to save the world against an Avenger's level threat, namely... Eren.
May 1, 2022 1:17 AM
Sep 2020
Sm going on at once.

Tbh, Idk if I like where the direction of the series is going :D...
May 1, 2022 12:45 PM

Feb 2018
Armin was really going to feed himself to Connie's mother damn.. Now Connie, Jean, Mikasa and the rest of the gang is on its way saving the world and I'm all for it lol
Jul 18, 2022 11:20 AM

Aug 2018
A little bit inconsistent episode but overall It was a fun one to watch, kinda felt very fresh
Aug 23, 2022 12:28 PM
Jan 2022
Not bad but a bit boring
Aug 24, 2022 2:59 AM
Nov 2019
animeguy17 said:

it was explained in episode 3 and 5, the original ymir builds them all out of the sand in the paths
Aug 24, 2022 9:59 PM
Jun 2013
JJ_jose said:
animeguy17 said:

it was explained in episode 3 and 5, the original ymir builds them all out of the sand in the paths

so they have no human origin? What i mean is did they just materialize all at once, out of thin air?
Aug 25, 2022 1:54 AM
Jun 2022
animeguy17 said:

ymir build them in the past 2000y
Ep80
Aug 25, 2022 1:55 AM
Jun 2022
animeguy17 said:
JJ_jose said:

so they have no human origin? What i mean is did they just materialize all at once, out of thin air?
yes they're no Living thing
They're All like machine
And Connie plot twist was to make you réalise thats in some moment ppl Can Do anything
Exomple Gabi become Good and Connie become Bad
Aug 25, 2022 9:22 AM
Nov 2019
animeguy17 said:
JJ_jose said:

yes, I don't think any humans were involved, founder just made them all spawn in
Oct 3, 2022 7:53 AM

Jul 2013
how did they even got all together like that? well I think they'll tell us in a form of a flashback soon as per usual
Dec 24, 2022 6:39 PM
May 2022
Can somebody kick floch?
Jan 7, 2023 3:33 PM
Aug 2022
to where? TO SAVE THE WORLD
Mar 24, 2023 1:39 PM
Nov 2019
You know, this episode keeps growing on me. Idk why, it's kinda wholesome now, another breather before more of the depressing shit
Mar 30, 2023 1:25 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Hmm, I feel like the thing with Connie was a bit forced. You'd think he'd have developed more as a character as a start. You could say that it doesn't matter, and that he's been thinking about his mom this whole time, and I'd accept that. It's just that, it still feels like inserted drama. Like you could delete it from the episode and it wouldn't have changed much. Heck, the next scene of them together they're like at a fair celebrating, eating food and being chill like nothing just happened. Idk if this was anime original, or if was actually in the manga, either way, I'd have left that whole ordeal out altogether.

I did enjoy seeing the alliance come together though, that was great.

What I liked more is how when they realized Annie was sitting beside them, Connie just laughs at her as she stuffs her face full of pie. No "it's been a long time" or, "how have you been doing stuck inside that crystal, traitor". Just: AHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 12, 2023 8:04 PM
Apr 2021
So now Mikasa, Armin, and Connie
have joined forces with Reiner,
Annie, Gabi, and Falco. Never
thought I'd see that.
OH MAN, YELENA is gonna have it
for treason. Also, I don't know why Flock
was so determined in killing Onkyakopon, 
He was always loyal to the Eldians. 
Apr 25, 2023 3:14 AM

Sep 2019
Praying for Levi to come back not by eating Pieck alive.
Pray that Historia is okay. I still hold the view that the baby is Eren's child. Beat me.
9 titans, but since Eren already has 2 more titans, so now only 6 titans remain, including: Armin, Zeke, Pieck, Falco, Reiner and Annie.
Let's go.
Hey the scene starts out so random. Olive? Who's that? Oh No! It's Hanji. Now she has to live in seclusion.
I'm about to cry here. Fortunately, Hanji knows how to do.
Levi, he's even more badass with those bandages. Now he's Hatake Levi lol
Glad they cooperated instead of fighting.
Why do Magath and Levi know each other so well? Well, maybe they should thank Zeke, since he seems to have leaked information about both groups to each other.
So Zeke was in that giant skeleton? It seems to be the Founding titan in its true form.
Annie-Hitch, my favorite pair of best friends in this season.
Connie, indeed he was drowning in the desire to revive his mother, without any hesitation, really.
OMG Connie already in Ragako? Oh man... it's so bad
Oh Falco, he's smart, and he figured it out yo
C'mon Connie, he's a kid. Don't you feel guilty?
Oh Gabi arrived. Man it's so messed up
God bless everything goes well.
Armin is recalling a man from survey corps, who is that? Oh it's Erwin. ok
No. Armin, don't say Armin will kill himself to save Connie's mother? No No Please
Connie thanks God.
Respect Connie. Armin he's so brave.
Man, Connie's personality really leveled up.
I think Connie made the right decision, now just pray for his safety.
Oh yes Louise got Mikasa's scarf, what's going on, she's on the Jeagerist side?
I don't want a character like Louise to get hurt, who did she fight to get hurt like that?
After all, is Louise a fan of Mikasa or Eren?
Wow really? What's wrong with Eren?
Wow Floch, he's king now. And Jean, what the hell
It's good to see Armin Connie Falco Gabi together. They're strong team.
Hey the girl is Annie right? Yep.
So hilarious scene. And Connie! Omg friendship is never die.
Ok i'm so happy right now. Hitch, Annie, Armin again.
No... it's so sad, the world is so miserable, I want them to talk and laugh together.
This team is even stronger with Annie.
It's sad for Hitch, but I think she should stay in the back just to be safe. Live happily ever after, Hitch.
Look at Yelena, she's like a puppet, I hope she becomes the main villain of the story.
I don't like executions at all, even if the victim is a bad character, and of course, I don't like Floch anymore. He seems to like leadership.
I think someone died. Oh no my bad
No Jean! I think the Hanji-Pieck team took action. And Jean saved Floch? Wtf?
Oh Annie-Mikasa, I want to see when they meet. Look at Annie sitting in the wagon's corner, she's so cute.
Wow I knew it. Pieck saves Jean and.. Yelena? What?
Damn... look at them team up, so fascinating!
Annie stop hitting Reiner lol
OMG Reiner saw Annie, Armin, Mikasa, Connie at the same time lol if I were Reiner, I would faint again.
Beautiful moments.
Apr 29, 2023 3:51 AM
Aug 2022
I don't get the insistence to finalize in the 4th season. Probably some corporate money business shenanigans going on that I would never understand.     

It's too rushed dammit.  

May 3, 2023 9:21 AM

Nov 2010
Armin's resolve is admirable!
I wonder how they can beat Eren and his million-strong colossal Titan army at this point. I'm looking forward to that!
May 28, 2023 5:11 PM

Aug 2019
Bro I thought Onyankopon was about to die ;_; Really hope he can make it through this

Also fuck Conny for making fun of Annie just trying to enjoy some pie lol
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 20, 2022

282 by DeepBlue42 »»
Jun 10, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 30, 2022

545 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:30 AM

» Is Armin useless?

sadpotatoh - Mar 23, 2022

32 by escarabajo »»
Jun 4, 7:40 PM

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.