Forum Settings
Forums

The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v8)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (198) « First ... « 68 69 [70] 71 72 » ... Last »
Nov 26, 2017 11:28 AM

Jan 2011
Elogetic said:
Hey there, sorry to waste your time!

A few years ago, I was watching a specific anime. The anime was about Samurai. A pretty gory one too. The samurai in training is a young boy. The boy meets a girl, protecting her from a gang in the streets. The girl is mute and the boy at the end defeats the enemy mafia gangs leader, but gets his ear cut off. That is pretty much all I can remember! I have been searching for ages, so please let me know if you have an idea of the anime!

Thank you.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/161/Peace_Maker_Kurogane
Nov 26, 2017 1:42 PM
Aug 2016
I remember watching an anime about a spaceship that crash landed or broke down on a hostile planet. It could of been shot down by enemy faction or something.

They were trying to survive while repairing their ship.

I know this isn't much to go on, but any help would be great.
Nov 26, 2017 1:51 PM

May 2016
Aldnoah.zero??
This is sci-fi and deals with people from Earth and Space.
If you could make describe the characters I could help you out.
Nov 26, 2017 2:12 PM
Oct 2013
This is my first time writing a post sort of thing here so apologies if I'm not doing this right!! Please just correct me if I've done anything wrong!

A while ago, maybe a few years, I watched an anime that now I've completely forgotten the name of and can't find it anywhere. There could be a slight chance of it being a manga. I was hoping someone here would maybe remember if I described it.

I'm not sure if this was the main plot, but I remember there being a middle school boy being bullied. He'd sit on a swing in a park late at night. There was a high school girl three years older than him that started sitting with him and they developed a romance. I think the girl ended up moving away to live with her dad (her parents were separated, I think that's why she joined the boy at the park). If I remember correctly a few years later she comes back and is surprised by how grown up he is. She may have been jealous by another potential romantic interest of his.

Does any of this ring a bell to anyone?
Nov 26, 2017 2:21 PM
Aug 2016
Ainchael said:
Aldnoah.zero??
This is sci-fi and deals with people from Earth and Space.
If you could make describe the characters I could help you out.

This was a very old anime. Like it aired on tv between 1990 and 2000
Nov 26, 2017 2:56 PM

Jul 2016
ShanaStrauss said:
suzakukaworu said:

Ah no, it's none of those.. He might be stuck in another world in general, that does seem plausible. I can't remember his hair colour, it might have been brown. It was not blue, purple, green, pink, or anything out of the ordinary. Perhaps it may be impossible to find out exactly what that anime was... The only clear memory I have is that the MC came across a bridge, and somehow realized that he was stuck in a world. I can't tell if it was fantasy or sci-fi.

Not 5-6 years old but there was a bridge and he is a brunette and stuck in another world

Subaru Natsuki from Re:Zero Life in Another World?

haha, no that's not it. it's not a new anime, it has to be at least 5-6 years old and that's "at least", i surmise it must be older than that.
Nov 26, 2017 3:20 PM
May 2015
I need help finding this anime my brother keeps going on about. The main character is a male with black hair, and there’s a blond guy with a red bandana and a girl with blue/black hair that can see the future. When she forces the visions they don’t actually happen, at least, not how they’re meant to, but when the visions come naturally they do happen just as predicted. He saw the episodes somewhere between 2007 and 2009 but it could been aired originally before that. Please help so I can get him off my back ^^’
Nov 26, 2017 3:25 PM
Dec 2011
source? ty

Nov 26, 2017 3:34 PM

Aug 2015
kazurengan said:
source? ty

Kanzaki Ranko from Idolmaster
Danbooru, Pixiv.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Nov 26, 2017 4:06 PM

Feb 2015
I am looking for a manga i read in the past...........The MC is a young kid raised by his older sister after his parents died when he was a kid...he ends up joining a gang and then a few years down the road he is diagnosed with end stage cancer and is told he only has a few months to a year left to live...this convinces him to straighten out his life so he leaves his gang and decides to practice music which he learns the violin then a week or two before he passes away he appears on a stage and plays the violin as a final send off to his sister and they show flashbacks of his life and he remembers stuff from his life with his sister and they show him pass away and then almost immediately after what i presume is the chorus starts and then there is a timeskip of 3 years and the MC's older sister is shown in a hospital with her husband giving birth and then the last sentence is the husband recommending they name the baby after the MC...................so from this bio does anyone know the name of this manga, I read it between 1 and 2 years ago so i don't remember the title.
Nov 26, 2017 4:39 PM
Mar 2017
Looking for an anime,
A girl going to an all boys school and falls in love with different guys for each episode. I think it has to do something with zodiac signs? It is similar to amnesia.
THANK YOU!
Nov 26, 2017 4:50 PM
Nov 2017
I watched this anime a long time ago and just wanted to watch it again. I can vaguely remember a few things. It was a magic anime and the mc had done something that could have killed him but he survived and I think his partner died which made him not want to use his powers anymore till he joins a bunch of girls and helps them. I know these are vague details but please help me if you can thanks
Nov 26, 2017 4:50 PM
May 2007
saaaam said:
Looking for an anime,
A girl going to an all boys school and falls in love with different guys for each episode. I think it has to do something with zodiac signs? It is similar to amnesia.
THANK YOU!

https://myanimelist.net/anime/7705/Starry☆Sky
Nov 26, 2017 5:41 PM

Mar 2016
suzakukaworu said:
ShanaStrauss said:

Not 5-6 years old but there was a bridge and he is a brunette and stuck in another world

Subaru Natsuki from Re:Zero Life in Another World?

haha, no that's not it. it's not a new anime, it has to be at least 5-6 years old and that's "at least", i surmise it must be older than that.

So 11eyes wasn't it?
Nov 26, 2017 6:09 PM

Jul 2016
CynicalSteve said:
suzakukaworu said:

So 11eyes wasn't it?

that was the answer you gave me when i first made that post so i did check if it was 11eyes or not. though i wanted to believe that it was truly the anime i was looking for since the circumstances and year did seem to match up, it did not ring any bells. there's also the fact that the 11eyes mc's hair was blue.
so to be specific, my memory of this anime goes like this:
a (i'm thinking, brown haired) guy is on a bridge, there may or may not have been monsters and other people. leaning towards the other people part. he may have been holding a magic staff or nothing at all. possibility of magic. when he's on the bridge, he's not in the middle of the bridge when he is in this world. rather he is at the beginning or the end of the bridge, depending on the viewpoint and that's when he realizes he's in another world. due to have previously watched .hack//sign, i know it isn't so BUT i was thinking it might be a different series in the .hack franchise.
Nov 26, 2017 6:38 PM
Dec 2012
Please help identify this character.

EDIT:

Does anyone know who this character is and the name of the anime that he is from?
Nov 26, 2017 7:43 PM

Mar 2014
Henkyo said:

EDIT:

Does anyone know who this character is and the name of the anime that he is from?

You could ask Praland: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Praland
It's his forum avatar.
::End of Transmission::

Nov 26, 2017 8:45 PM

Nov 2013
@suzakukaworu

Maybe it is Amatsuki. The protagonist stands at a bridge when he enters the other world.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 27, 2017 12:44 AM
Jan 2016
I remember watching an anime 10 years or so ago. But I only remember 1 episode. It gave a Dragon Ball vibe, but I don't think it was that.

There was a kid training with an old man on an island. The island was attacked so he set up an energy protection dome.

They went to a cave where they fought the guy. The villain attacked him with a kamehameha-like attack. Old man protected the kid by taking the attack to his back.

Any help appreciated :)
Nov 27, 2017 12:46 AM

Jul 2014
Microknowsanime said:
I am looking for a manga i read in the past...........The MC is a young kid raised by his older sister after his parents died when he was a kid...he ends up joining a gang and then a few years down the road he is diagnosed with end stage cancer and is told he only has a few months to a year left to live...this convinces him to straighten out his life so he leaves his gang and decides to practice music which he learns the violin then a week or two before he passes away he appears on a stage and plays the violin as a final send off to his sister and they show flashbacks of his life and he remembers stuff from his life with his sister and they show him pass away and then almost immediately after what i presume is the chorus starts and then there is a timeskip of 3 years and the MC's older sister is shown in a hospital with her husband giving birth and then the last sentence is the husband recommending they name the baby after the MC...................so from this bio does anyone know the name of this manga, I read it between 1 and 2 years ago so i don't remember the title.
You have better chance of finding this if you ask your question here.
Nov 27, 2017 1:35 AM

Sep 2017
I don't like anime anymore; I drop a lot of them. I have no choice: I have to try another genre, and I want to begin with two anime I've seen when I was younger:

1)

2)

EDIT: tried an hentai and I've felt even more badly :( answer if u want but I don't think I'll see them
montelagarioNov 27, 2017 2:21 AM
Nov 27, 2017 2:25 AM

Feb 2014
The first one sounds like Kodomo no Jikan
https://myanimelist.net/anime/4304/Kodomo_no_Jikan
Nov 27, 2017 4:12 AM

Jul 2016
TheBigGuy said:
@suzakukaworu

Maybe it is Amatsuki. The protagonist stands at a bridge when he enters the other world.

hey, that looks familiar. both the photo of it and the bridge that i see from the pv 1 on the right. holy jesus, he also has brown hair and the date of the airing looks plausible! OH GOD! and it says something about virtual something. i'm going to give it a try when i have time in the afternoon.
Nov 27, 2017 7:14 AM
Nov 2017
It is the story of a man whose wife abandons him for another, and several women go to comfort him. One of them is the woman of the other man who tries to kill him, but in the end they also go to bed

You know the name of this hentai anime???????
brookjuanjoNov 27, 2017 8:54 AM
Nov 27, 2017 8:06 AM
Nov 27, 2017 8:11 AM

Nov 2017
Yama no Susume maybe
Nov 27, 2017 11:13 AM
May 2014
ChiemiCal said:
This is my first time writing a post sort of thing here so apologies if I'm not doing this right!! Please just correct me if I've done anything wrong!

A while ago, maybe a few years, I watched an anime that now I've completely forgotten the name of and can't find it anywhere. There could be a slight chance of it being a manga. I was hoping someone here would maybe remember if I described it.

I'm not sure if this was the main plot, but I remember there being a middle school boy being bullied. He'd sit on a swing in a park late at night. There was a high school girl three years older than him that started sitting with him and they developed a romance. I think the girl ended up moving away to live with her dad (her parents were separated, I think that's why she joined the boy at the park). If I remember correctly a few years later she comes back and is surprised by how grown up he is. She may have been jealous by another potential romantic interest of his.

Does any of this ring a bell to anyone?

So I am really not sure, but I vaguely remember a similar scene in this manga ->
360°Material
Nov 27, 2017 11:54 AM
May 2007
Shiruba said:
I remember watching an anime 10 years or so ago. But I only remember 1 episode. It gave a Dragon Ball vibe, but I don't think it was that.

There was a kid training with an old man on an island. The island was attacked so he set up an energy protection dome.

They went to a cave where they fought the guy. The villain attacked him with a kamehameha-like attack. Old man protected the kid by taking the attack to his back.

Any help appreciated :)

https://myanimelist.net/anime/2229/Dragon_Quest__Dai_no_Daibouken
Nov 27, 2017 12:24 PM
Dec 2012
vigorousjammer said:
Henkyo said:

EDIT:

You could ask Praland: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Praland
It's his forum avatar.

Well, why not.
Nov 27, 2017 12:42 PM

Feb 2015
Anyone know these 2?

I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Nov 27, 2017 12:43 PM

Jul 2012
Nov 27, 2017 12:46 PM

Feb 2015

Thanks~
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Nov 27, 2017 2:10 PM

Feb 2015
Goochi said:
https://imgur.com/a/Y5UUY

The waifu not my boy Reagan.

Looks like Kaname Chidori from Full Metal Panic!
Nov 27, 2017 2:26 PM
Jul 2016
A little while ago I saw this cover for an old anime. The genre was horror sci-fi. I didn't get the chance to see it yet, but the cover was of a woman hooked up to a bunch of wires and was SERIOUSLY crippled. Like you could see the skin wrap around the spine. I think the title was something like faux? And I think it was an OVA, but I'm not that sure. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.
Nov 27, 2017 2:50 PM

Jan 2008
Goochi said:
Green said:

Kaname Chidori from Full Metal Panic!

Nah the guy said she was a side character in an obscure harem.

edit: but it does look exactly like her you're probably right

It isn't. It's Sanae Shikikagami from Ladies vs Butlers. The character design is from the light novel by the artist Munyuu and not from the anime.

Source
NSFW, nudity/adult content
Nov 27, 2017 5:54 PM
Sep 2017
Okay so this is going to be extremely vague but I'll love you forever if you can tell me the name of this anime. I'll recognize it by the music box tone.
All I can remember is that there is a scene where a male character is half crushed under rubble and he thinks he's going to die but the only thing that gets him through it is that he hears a melody.
Later on in the anime another character is shown to have either a musical pocket watch or a music box that plays the same melody.
I'm not 100% sure but if I remember correctly said music box belonged to the second characters younger sister and they were also at the original scene mentioned above.
I really want to remember what it is because I want to learn to play the melody. uvu;
Nov 27, 2017 7:54 PM

Aug 2012
BreeZyBaTs said:
Okay so this is going to be extremely vague but I'll love you forever if you can tell me the name of this anime. I'll recognize it by the music box tone.
All I can remember is that there is a scene where a male character is half crushed under rubble and he thinks he's going to die but the only thing that gets him through it is that he hears a melody.
Later on in the anime another character is shown to have either a musical pocket watch or a music box that plays the same melody.
I'm not 100% sure but if I remember correctly said music box belonged to the second characters younger sister and they were also at the original scene mentioned above.
I really want to remember what it is because I want to learn to play the melody. uvu;

This?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5530/Pandora_Hearts
This is the song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wTK6_kaPvU
Nov 27, 2017 8:45 PM

Apr 2016
who is she, and what anime is she from?

thank you in advance
A Filthy Weeb said:
SHINOBU IS
BEST WAIFU

•••••
Nov 27, 2017 8:52 PM

Nov 2013
@SirMegaROFL

Maika Sakuranomiya from Blend S.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 27, 2017 9:00 PM

Jan 2017
SirMegaROFL said:
who is she, and what anime is she from?

thank you in advance

Maika Sakuranomiya from Blend S
Nov 27, 2017 9:32 PM
Nov 27, 2017 9:46 PM
Ribbit

May 2015
SenpieX said:

I believe that is Yasuko Takasu from Toradoda!
Nov 27, 2017 9:49 PM

Sep 2016
Samfrog said:
SenpieX said:

I believe that is Yasuko Takasu from Toradoda!
Thanks!
Nov 28, 2017 1:20 AM
Sep 2017

As much as I love Lacie's Melody I don't think there was a scene like that in Pandora Hearts. x - x Is there?
Nov 28, 2017 1:28 AM

Oct 2009
Anyone knows who those characters might be?
http://i.4cdn.org/h/1511479196529.jpg
Nov 28, 2017 2:05 AM
Sep 2014
My mysterious unknown anime. I've been searching for years and at this point it's driving me crazy. Maybe it's all just in my head but here's some details.

A boy is found by an old man by the sea. He's being protected by this kind of cell bag around him and eventually when he comes out he's adult sized. One day he leaves for the city and starts a new life.

...stuff happen, not to sure.

Has a relation with a girl that's related to some experience with a flower ? Magic flower. Not sure.

...stuff happens

He gets his memory erased by the scientists in charge of the girl. One of them has green hair with glasses.

more stuff happens.

They get back together because of his flashbacks and run away to a small town. There a guy , a doctor, starts taking care of them and rents them an apartment. I believe she gets pregnant.

Don't remember much more. Maybe I dreamed it all. But i've had this stuck in my head for over 10 years ! Thx --
Nov 28, 2017 6:21 AM

Nov 2017
Serhiyko said:
Anyone knows who those characters might be?
http://i.4cdn.org/h/1511479196529.jpg

For some reason .. my google search keeps showing Baku Ane 2 ... * its H

But check it out if u have time... u might see the similar scene
Nov 28, 2017 7:09 AM

Oct 2009
Hamsl0th said:
For some reason .. my google search keeps showing Baku Ane 2 ... * its H

But check it out if u have time... u might see the similar scene

It is from Baku Ane 2. But this is possibly a cameo appearance or a reference to some show, so I am not asking what show this shot was taken from, but who are those characters (or from what show)
SerhiykoNov 28, 2017 7:12 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (198) « First ... « 68 69 [70] 71 72 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would/Do you go to Anime Conventions?

Dragevard - Oct 15, 2021

47 by AramHovhanued »»
40 seconds ago

» Would you watch AI anime? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

79 by BetaMaleUltra »»
10 minutes ago

» What's an anime you like but would probably never try to show someone to get them into anime?

MeanMrMusician - 1 hour ago

6 by Rhae »»
13 minutes ago

» What is the best anime cheering ever?

SgtBateMan - 2 hours ago

3 by Azuchi »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - Yesterday

29 by traed »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.