Forum Settings
Forums

Things like lolicon/shotacon and incest give anime a bad reputation

New
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jan 8, 2015 4:18 PM
Jun 2012
jal90 said:
And here I was, thinking that the issue with pedophilia and bestiality had to do with the impossibility of consent, bringing a scenario that in essence is sexual abuse in every one of its forms.

Sure the lack of consent would be considered sexual abuse, but proper consent isn't the only issue towards bestiality or pedophilia. Consent itself isn't even really an issue to me, and before that goes out of context, I mean that it becomes a matter of sexual abuse or rape, a completely different dilemma no longer focused on who or what you're screwing.

Also, children are capable of agreeing or consenting to things, its a matter of if their decisions are rationally grounded, properly informed, or capable of foresight, all due to their young age. And for the bestiality, 'butter dogs' may be trained to perform sexual acts, but some dogs hump inanimate objects and people's legs already, a little direction or enticing by the human can lead to actual intercourse with them, so consent isn't really the issue to me it seems.
Jan 15, 2015 3:56 PM
Dec 2014
Nope i see that in movies all the time
Jan 15, 2015 11:39 PM

Jun 2011
Okashi_sama said:
having incest and cute little girls is bad. having lots of killing, sex, and dark gore-y stuff is good. amirite? xD

lol. best.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jan 16, 2015 2:29 AM

Jun 2007
Journey_95 said:
Incest in Got is entirely different than your usual incest anime its dealt with in a adult manner not the simple ohh "my onii-chan is so hot" and fanservice but of course you wouldn't understand
What's there to understand? It's a simple case of "incest is fine if it occurs in a work I like."

I still stand by my opinion I think guys who get hard by watching little girls are sick it doesn't matter if its fantasy that's the lamest argument I have ever heard
Judge it as sick if you want, but I think it's sick and wrong to throw somebody in jail or cause them to lose their job because they fapped to a drawing.

jal90 said:
And here I was, thinking that the issue with pedophilia and bestiality had to do with the impossibility of consent, bringing a scenario that in essence is sexual abuse in every one of its forms.
Fictional non-child characters can't give consent either, since they're controlled by the writers' whims. Guess we'd better ban any drawn sexual depictions of anything, right?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Jan 16, 2015 4:32 AM

Dec 2013
I've personally always disliked loli and incest in anime
Jan 16, 2015 5:15 AM

Apr 2014
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Okashi_sama said:
having incest and cute little girls is bad. having lots of killing, sex, and dark gore-y stuff is good. amirite? xD

lol. best.
But what if the cute girls are killing and there is a lot of rape and gore?
Jan 16, 2015 4:47 PM

Jan 2015
I agree that some fetishes and sexual feelings are disgusting. It really worries and bothers me when people don't feel empathy for others. If you're attracted to anime characters, you should be able to feel empathy for them, too.

But being a lolicon doesn't mean you don't feel empathy. It means you're attracted to a kind of body type. There's nothing wrong with being attracted to a certain body type. And people can't help what body type they're attracted to.
Apr 30, 2021 1:13 PM
Jul 2012
Lyuze said:
Yes there is a large difference.

Lolicon is an attraction to young/prepubescent girls.

Liking petite body types means you're attracted to people of age that look young.

Attraction isn't a purely physical thing. There's a reason taboo fetishes like incest are so well loved.

People, who like lolicon, not into prepubescent girls where this context coming from? Are you talking about toddlercon its seen like you talking about a completely different thing?
nepu nepu
Apr 30, 2021 1:16 PM

Aug 2016
To be fair, I never cared about anime bad reputation that much.
:v
Apr 30, 2021 1:27 PM

Oct 2013
It's not really the content that's the problem though. The problem is and always will be how people react to it. Common sense should tell you that you shouldn't get your morals from cartoons, movies, games, etc...
FanofActionApr 30, 2021 1:31 PM
Apr 30, 2021 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
Nah, fuck normies. They can complain all they want.
There's plenty of loli-free anime out there for them to watch, and it ain't like it's hard to find.
Apr 30, 2021 1:45 PM

Mar 2020
Why the fuck are people resurrecting 6 year old threads about something people still make threads about all the time.
Apr 30, 2021 1:46 PM

Jul 2012
6 year old thread. It's old enough for some of the users here to want to fuck it.
Apr 30, 2021 1:46 PM

Jan 2020
Yeah. There isn't really much that can be done though

Apr 30, 2021 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
The fact of the matter is that Japan has different sensitivities to content than other cultures. They're also making content that primarily attracts their audience. So how can you expect them to listen to the opinions of foreigners? I don't know what to say as far as those watch that type of content. As long as they're not harming children in real life or having any ideation of it, then I can't assume that they would commit that type of crime.
Apr 30, 2021 2:21 PM
Jan 2020
Putting my personal bias against loli and incest aside, I agree that this type of stuff gives the medium a really bad reputation. I've seen countless times people saying stuff like "anime is full of pedo stuff", "THIS is the reason I don't watch anime" "anime are cartoons for degenerates and perverts" and other things of the sort... While these opinions are without doubt rooted in ignorance of the medium, I can't say I really blame them for feeling that way, even though it's grossly big generalisation that doesn't even apply to half of the medium.
Apr 30, 2021 2:26 PM

May 2016
No. People bitch way more about Sexualization and racism in anime. I honestly can only remember one thing about pedophiles and it was Mushoku Tensei. And for the incest thing 99% is just non blood related which really doesn't count imo and I don't see anything about that considering how popular oreimo is

ManWild said:
and thank god.

ManWild said:
-Ecliptix- said:
Why the fuck are people resurrecting 6 year old threads about something people still make threads about all the time.
because people make the same repetitive shitty threads 5 times a day.
Apr 30, 2021 2:30 PM
Dec 2019
No, I see it as kind of a barrier persay. If someone is going to judge the medium on a couple bad eggs they shouldn't be watching it anyway. Yes it's weird, but it stops more irl children from being harmed and keeps out some people who would make the experience worse for others so it has to stay
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Apr 30, 2021 2:36 PM

Apr 2020
who cares about outside perception
it's just fiction

Apr 30, 2021 8:06 PM

Aug 2020
I feel that this affects a little how the anime looks now, maybe these two points do not have much to do but they are a bit related: currently the KNY movie is being very seen and more popular than normal, it is a hit in theaters And this could help further push anime to be a more profitable medium, but with things like this with lolicon and shotacon in the middle affecting the medium, it's still a bit tricky. and call me SJW, snowflake, feminist or whatever word the edgys use to refer to sensitive people, but Japan should change their rules a bit too, and no, I don't mean everything, just loli and shota, It is disgusting and it does not matter if it is Japanese culture, those who say that it is only fictional and that Japan has a different culture, make all Japan see as disgusting and disgusting beings, but seriously, this should be prohibited, we live in the time Today and Japan should adapt to the current age in which children should be represented as children in children.I only see that as a problem, I think that the sexualization of adolescents is not a problem, because in movies and series, actors of legal age represent adolescents and in some scenes of a movie or series they have sex, perhaps they are actors of legal age, but They represent teenagers, so anime is good too.
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Apr 30, 2021 8:23 PM

Jan 2021
I don't think so lol, anime is just about anything from being serious (monster) to being weird (kiss x sis). Same applies to everything else.
Apr 30, 2021 8:50 PM

Jul 2020
Yes but only for those who get offended very easily,want attention,and lastly cannot differentiate 2d fiction from reality.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 30, 2021 9:01 PM

Jan 2021
It definetly does but i fap to those stuff lmao but ya all the kids think I'm a weirdo for watching anime xd
Apr 30, 2021 9:06 PM

Jul 2012
Scordolo said:
Yes but only for those who get offended very easily,want attention,and lastly cannot differentiate 2d fiction from reality.

I think it's a very healthy reaction to be creeped out by someone who actively seeks out media that sexualises minor coded characters for their escapist fantasies. I don't think it's unbelievable that there is a non-zero number of anime fans who'd seek out the real life alternative if it were available to them. I've seen weebs refer to real children as lolis too.
Apr 30, 2021 9:10 PM

Jul 2020
GreenPlatinum said:
Scordolo said:

I think it's a very healthy reaction to be creeped out by someone who actively seeks out media that sexualises minor coded characters for their escapist fantasies. I don't think it's unbelievable that there is a non-zero number of anime fans who'd seek out the real life alternative if it were available to them. I've seen weebs refer to real children as lolis too.

Then according to that logic we should hate Death note because the main theme is murder and it is obviously worse than sexualizing 2d non existing characters.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 30, 2021 9:36 PM

Jul 2012
Scordolo said:
GreenPlatinum said:

Then according to that logic we should hate Death note because the main theme is murder and it is obviously worse than sexualizing 2d non existing characters.

Did you come out of Death note thinking executing all criminals was a good system? I'd also say violence is much more often scrutinized in media and our lives.

It's all just fiction denies the entirety of medias ability to impact us despite being the point and running contrary to understanding on the topic. Human's don't have an internal objectivist barometer inside us, manufactured perspectives shape us all the time. Why does advertising work? Why has religion remained so pervasive? How many weebs think they have an informed view of what Japan is like from anime? The idea of us sorting things into real and fiction doesn't really happen in our minds, it's how it impacts us that shapes us.

I'd also be weary of a community that so keenly welcomes pedo types with open arms especially when lots of the audience skews so young at places like conventions.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» This has been the worst 6 weeks of anime I have seen in a long time. ( 1 2 )

StateofOhayo - Yesterday

50 by Paul »»
7 minutes ago

» Who is the most overrated villain in anime?

The-Wombat - Yesterday

20 by Nanami0007 »»
8 minutes ago

» Your favorite furry anime character?

Ex-Aid - Yesterday

23 by Lucifrost »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » how many of your favorite characters are evil?

deg - May 12

23 by Zarutaku »»
9 minutes ago

» Is there a way to watch subbed versions of other langrages?

Ratris_Decision - 4 hours ago

6 by Lucifrost »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.