Forum Settings
Forums

If you could remove 1 character from any anime, who would it be?

New
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Aug 24, 2016 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
all the moe characters in the anime they are in
Aug 24, 2016 11:44 AM
Jan 2012
I would remove Near from death note.
"Golden sun is the best rpg for gba"
Aug 24, 2016 12:03 PM
Jul 2015
Alois from Kuroshitsuji 2. Hated him SO much.
Aug 24, 2016 12:12 PM

Aug 2010
Deknijff said:
oryouohagi said:

You would remove the only good thing from that show?
I see her as the only bad thing about the show. Well major problem at least
I could remove other things but that has nothing to do with the characters

The harem keikaku is the biggest shenanigan I've seen in anime so far, so don't get me wrong. I think it's cringy af. But Momo is obviously the best girl, and should not be removed imo.
Well I hate the whole story to be honest, they should have only stuck with fanservice without trying to build a plot.
Aug 24, 2016 12:16 PM

Jan 2015
_Ako_ said:
SkullProX said:
Sasuke from naruto, because he annoys me, and i believe the the story would be better without him and i think he is pointless.

Then what about Naruto's constant punch-line "I'll became the Hokage and bring back Sasuke!" Besides it would be epic if Sasuke will be the MC(and the story will revolve around him rather than Naruto)... And of course the title would be Sasuke: The Avenger

How about no? This is my opinion that is yours.
Aug 24, 2016 12:37 PM

Nov 2014
probably yumoto from earth defense club. i'm usually a sucker for cute characters but they tried too hard to make him cute so now he's intolerable.
also that execution girl from mayoiga, lovepon. i couldn't even watch the anime for laughs because i wanted to die every time she opened her mouth

edit: oops how could i forget about "nico nico niii~", the reason why i dont like the original love live
flababeAug 24, 2016 1:16 PM
"Why are you crying?" "Pokemon...."

Aug 24, 2016 12:57 PM

May 2014
Definitely Eren from SnK...he annoyed me to no end and I just think the series would've been better with someone other than him as the protagonist. Ofc I am an anime only so I don't know if he's developed or changed any but from the content I have seen, I just can't route for him. He's loud, abrasive and just overall unlikable because of his lack of personality.

He just wants to kill Titans, that's it...I mean I get the revenge thing, but that is his only defining character trait. Sure, have a motive, but don't let that your protagonist become their motive.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2016 12:58 PM

Mar 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
merryfistmas said:
No I mean more interesting, if I meant fappable able I would have said that. Rei's in a situation where her whole world has been created by commander Ikari, she doesn't start acting human until another person, Shinji, reaches out to her and her transition from robot-like to human is one of my favorite parts of the show, it's the same reason I love Pino from Ergo Proxy. Asuka, unlike most characters of her type, has a reason to act that way. She's a prodigy and has to deal with people who she can reasonably see as inferior. It takes a long time for we to accept that other people can be part of her team and that she doesn't have to do everything on her own is also one of my favorite parts of the show. Shinji is the poster child for depression, I don't mind depressed characters or "pussy" MCs, I loved Tsukimoto, Satou, Simone, Shinji's problem isn't that he's depressed, it's that it's his entire personality and the way they go about showing that he's depressed is obnoxious. I feel like the authors beating me over the head with how worthless and depressed he is, and instead of giving him real character development in the end, we get those last two episodes (and yes, I know Anno ran out of money) and EoE where his "character development" takes place inside his head in a series of nonsensical fever dreams.

You make it seem like the whole series is showing shinji being worthless depressed and you forget that 2/3 of the series is him trying get over him emotional problems and interacting more with others.Sure in the end he always end up retorning back to his old self but the situaons on which that happens are completely understable and his reactions are not obnoxious or overexageradated in any way
And the way they show he is depressed is brilliant both his failures whem trying to run away show how incapable of actually commiting to any decision he try to make because of how insecure and in need of constant emotional support he actually .his constant being seeing on trains and listeming to the same music shows how he constantely runs away from his problems through repetitive behaivor.The way he become such a person with such inferioty complex and being that depedent on other for his own self esteem is also perfectely explained both his father and his mother abandoned him when he was young leaving him with a teacher that barely cared about him.Shinji spent his entire childhood alone having to live with such a trauma is mostly what leads him to be this depressed insecure teenager
This is a very good explanation, especially his repetitive behavior. I still find him to be very annoying in a lot of the show, but that's mostly how it's presented, repeated internal monologues, shouting and crying, but it's mostly the end, particularly the last two episodes and EoE.
Aug 24, 2016 1:00 PM

Aug 2014
Monkey D Luffy from One Piece. The series wouldn't exist without him and I wouldn't mind that at all. I just personally hate him as a character.
Aug 24, 2016 1:00 PM

May 2012
Eren and Mikasa from Aot. I couldnt choose just one. Those two characters are so bad I couldnt just choose one. The show probably would've been at least 6/10
Aug 24, 2016 1:06 PM

Sep 2014
It'd have to be Yoko from Gurren Lagann.
I'm imaging it's a rare opinion, but she is probably my least favorite character of all time.
Sorry if she is your waifu doe
Aug 24, 2016 1:15 PM
Dec 2014
Not sure if anyone has said this already but remove itou from school days and make it a barable yuri anime instead (cuz itou is the biggest dick in the anime universe)
Aug 24, 2016 1:21 PM
Jul 2009
Dajoeman said:
bbBM said:

yo you're super right
that would be a 10/10 show easy

Would you really enjoy the show? Because you'll have an OP Saber with Excalibur. Nothing would stop Rin from winning any battles. That sounds bland. it wouldn't be enjoyable one bit.

that's fine, i don't care if every single fight scene is big laser sword > dead because rin is a good character when she's not playing tsundere onahole to dumbass shirou and his "I WANT TO BE A HERO SO I'M GOING TO SACRIFICE MYSELF TO SAVE SABER EVEN THOUGH SABER WILL DIE IF I DIE LOL"
plus rin and saber winning every battle would be better than shirou losing every battle then having rin and saber save him anyway

or they could even do the heaven's feel storyline and have saber become edgy dark saber and have rin slap her shit
FMA:B OUTDATED noot KIMI NO NA WA OVERRATED noot LONG HAVE WE WAITED noot PINGU IN THE CITY WAS CREATED noot
Aug 24, 2016 1:26 PM
Dec 2015
That one rock that killed Obito in Naruto. The story wouldn't be the same.
Aug 24, 2016 1:28 PM

Dec 2015
Madara from Natsume Yuujinchou

I know he's an integral character, but damn is he annoying.
Aug 24, 2016 3:15 PM

Nov 2008
shoujogod said:
Menma (or, more specifically, Menma's ghost) from Anohana
I would have rathered watch an anime about friends reconnecting after the tragedy in their own natural way, instead of a ghost/spirit randomly appearing. The whole idea of that was frustrating to me

But see, Menma is essential to the plot because Jintan needed a reason to think of her again.

The show could not work without Menma's ghost. She brought everyone together again.

Aug 24, 2016 3:16 PM

Nov 2008
Risara said:
Chiibi said:

No, he doesn't. He looks like most black-haired anime boys do....who kind of look like real Japanese boys do in build.

Not really, he looks like a girl with short hair

You would have to be quite stupid to mistake that kid for a girl. He looks like a Japanese boy to me.

..........have you seen pics of Japanese boys? lol
ChiibiAug 24, 2016 3:32 PM

Aug 24, 2016 3:39 PM

Jan 2014
Aug 24, 2016 3:43 PM
Jan 2016
Didn't we tried to get rid of every harem MC before? The End of the World
Aug 24, 2016 3:47 PM
Jan 2016
Every Character from Re:Zero, seriously why a good meh show need terrible character to feel? I'm tried of the audience surrogate it is boring.
Aug 24, 2016 3:50 PM

Aug 2014
SkullProX said:
Sasuke from naruto, because he annoys me, and i believe the the story would be better without him and i think he is pointless.

I rather remove Sakura for being pointless, but its personal choice I guess.

I'd remove Akane from Psycho-Pass. Found her to be a very boring character overall, which made me drop the anime.
Aug 24, 2016 3:51 PM

Mar 2016
The fairy boy from Berserk. He's a decent character with a creepy design.

Click the banner for anime lists, discussions, reviews, and let's plays!
Aug 24, 2016 3:54 PM

Aug 2014
Deknijff said:
I would remove Momo from To Love Ru
She is just there to add random women to a harem that would not work in all honesty

Remove rito instead, then we'll see where they go..

Shiro should be removed from fate/kaleid. It is right now just a harem with Shiro rarely shown in the anime.
Aug 24, 2016 3:58 PM

Aug 2014
Rei said:
Every harem MC. Just end them all, please.

why do anime continue to make the same type of harem? do it even sell?
Aug 24, 2016 4:08 PM
Jan 2015
Emilia from re:zero. just go out with rem already . w .
Aug 24, 2016 6:26 PM

Nov 2014
Suzaku.

Most rage inducing character ever. Or any lawful stupid character- Saber from Fate, etc.
How to fix the review section, detailed here

The average reader (HS level) reads at about 200 WPM. So a 500-800 word review should take 3-5 minutes to read. That's an acceptable length for something you're interested in spending 25 minutes to 4.5 hours of your life watching.

Oh, and ANN requires any and all reviews to be 800-1200 words, no matter the length of the show.
Aug 24, 2016 6:36 PM

Oct 2014
SkullProX said:

Well he drives most of the plot since he is naruto main motivation in shippuden so he is indeed needed
Aug 24, 2016 6:39 PM

Oct 2014
Chiibi said:
Risara said:

You would have to be quite stupid to mistake that kid for a girl. He looks like a Japanese boy to me.

Well he looks so much like a girl everybody confused him with one just because he got long hair
Aug 24, 2016 7:26 PM
Aug 2016
"Seryu Ubiquitous" from Akame Ga Kill..
Aug 24, 2016 7:33 PM

Nov 2008
gabrielrroiz said:
Chiibi said:

Well he looks so much like a girl everybody confused him with one just because he got long hair

Yeah, pretty much ALL bishounen would look like girls if they had long hair. XD Kirito isn't special. But there are far more girlier guys than him....like, actual traps.

What I said still stands; I would have rathered it have been about the friends reconnecting in a different way, regardless of whether or not it had to do with Menma. All the characters live in the same city, so it's not impossible for them to have reconnected without Menma being there.

But..........the reason they got disconnected was ALSO because of Menma. I'm telling you, the story centers around her. If you removed her, what would have caused them to distance from each other? Nothing. Even though everyone lives close by, they totally ignored each other and would have done so probably forever if her ghost didn't return. How else could they possibly forgive one another and reconnect "in a different way"?
ChiibiAug 24, 2016 7:41 PM

Aug 24, 2016 7:59 PM

Apr 2016
bbBM said:
Dajoeman said:

Would you really enjoy the show? Because you'll have an OP Saber with Excalibur. Nothing would stop Rin from winning any battles. That sounds bland. it wouldn't be enjoyable one bit.

that's fine, i don't care if every single fight scene is big laser sword > dead because rin is a good character when she's not playing tsundere onahole to dumbass shirou and his "I WANT TO BE A HERO SO I'M GOING TO SACRIFICE MYSELF TO SAVE SABER EVEN THOUGH SABER WILL DIE IF I DIE LOL"
plus rin and saber winning every battle would be better than shirou losing every battle then having rin and saber save him anyway

or they could even do the heaven's feel storyline and have saber become edgy dark saber and have rin slap her shit

I disagree because no one wants an op MC. The community will revolt against such. Shirou forced his ideals based on his past
Aug 24, 2016 8:30 PM
Jul 2009
Dajoeman said:

I disagree because no one wants an op MC. The community will revolt against such. Shirou forced his ideals based on his past

one punch man still manages to have drama and emotional moments even though saitama can kill anyone in one punch. it's a hugely popular and successful series.

plus it's better to have an OP main character than a beta idiot loser
FMA:B OUTDATED noot KIMI NO NA WA OVERRATED noot LONG HAVE WE WAITED noot PINGU IN THE CITY WAS CREATED noot
Aug 24, 2016 8:42 PM

Feb 2016
Take out Touma and replace him with Mikoto as the MC and make Accelerators story the spin off the whole to aru series gets 10x better. I personally feel like the harem element holds the series back in a big way.
Aug 24, 2016 9:11 PM
Mar 2016
Kirito
and re write all story
put shit harem and shit romance into garbage
make story to become gamers thing or military thing
it will be the best anime ever
Aug 24, 2016 9:25 PM

Mar 2013
Arita from Accel World, he has a harem to top all harems and still he's a whinging bitch
Aug 24, 2016 9:41 PM

Oct 2015
Remove Natsu from Fairy Tail and make Lucy the main character, and PUF! You just fixed 50% of the work.

Also, Dekomori from Chuunibyou, 'cause she's one of the most annoying and useless characters I've ever seen. One of the only bad things in that show.

Also², erase Pegasus' storyline from Oyasumi Punpun and the manga is an absolute 10/10.
Aug 24, 2016 10:12 PM

Jul 2016
Easy one, Sakura from Naruto. Never liked her, never will.
"I’m not the protagonist of a novel or anything. I’m just a college student who likes to read, like you could find anywhere. But... If, for argument’s sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be a tragedy."
Aug 24, 2016 10:26 PM

Mar 2016
Kirito because I'd get girls from playing games and I'd live forever.

Aug 24, 2016 10:37 PM

Aug 2016
Near from death note... enough said..
Aug 24, 2016 10:44 PM

Apr 2016
Subaru from Re:Zero. Just throw him in the nearest trash can and put freaking Allucard from Hellsing in his place, the show would be 10/10.
Aug 24, 2016 10:55 PM

Aug 2015
Nisekoi's Chitoge coz #TeamOnodera xD
Aug 24, 2016 10:55 PM
Apr 2015
Chiibi said:
Risara said:

Yes I do, I see them everyday in real life. He certainly looks like a girl.
Aug 24, 2016 10:56 PM

Mar 2016
Kirito from SAO. Imagine what it would be like without jesus-kun

Aug 24, 2016 11:25 PM

Mar 2016
Trebol from One Piece.

I'm watching the Dressrosa Arc now and that Trebol guy is super annoying with his voice and all that slime dripping from his nose. Everytime he says a word i want 2 punch that guy. Btw i think his seiyuu is doin a great job, i hate that character, so mission accomplished. :D
Aug 24, 2016 11:44 PM

Jul 2009
Ueda from Orange. She's extremely annoying.
Aug 25, 2016 12:16 AM
Apr 2014
Siesta from Zero no Tsukaima. She's annoying af
Aug 25, 2016 1:12 AM
Jun 2012
Lol if i could remove 1 character from an anime it would be the main character from School days. If he didnt exist all that fucked up shit wouldnt have happened and everyone would probably still be happy.
Fuck you makoto.
Aug 25, 2016 1:37 AM

Apr 2015
OP-kun from Sword Art Online.That idiot should be sent to hell and even further.
Aug 25, 2016 3:59 AM

Aug 2016
Makoto from School Days. Sheesh, he's too annoying.

お持ち帰り (/^-^(^ ^*)/ ❤
Aug 25, 2016 4:07 AM

May 2016
Sai from Naruto shippuden the worst character in Naruto series
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Half-way through 2024, what are your favorite anime moments in 2024 so far?

frzaroc - Jun 28

21 by Shizuna »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime that were misunderstood in the West

RobertBobert - 11 hours ago

19 by RobertBobert »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you actually care about relatable characters?

Akuya - Yesterday

23 by Nirinbo »»
13 minutes ago

» Good anime with bad start ( 1 2 )

JoeChip - Jun 28

64 by goodbyesekai »»
17 minutes ago

» Correlation between high rating and quality

JoeChip - 2 hours ago

18 by oappo »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.