Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jun 26, 2016 10:29 AM

Sep 2010
Can't wait to see the fight between two mega evolved Pokemanz!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 26, 2016 10:30 AM

Mar 2015
I seriously can't understand some people who keep posting negative stuff week after week after week... I mean, if by say, episode 5-6 of a show you don't like it, who in his/her right mind would go through the pain of watching it until the end?

Do y'all do this with every show? Is that why most of y'all have completed like 4 532 shows on their lists?
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Jun 26, 2016 11:10 AM

Feb 2015
For all of this show's problems, an action-packed finale that ends with Ikoma dying will actually keep this show's score decently high along with the excellent soundtrack. I haven't much cared for anything that's happened the last 4 episodes but those last 3 minutes were actually really hype.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2016 11:50 AM

Apr 2013
I was thinking how nice the new Ikoma design is but it went to shit in less than a minute. Anyways, not much to say other than the writing still being awful (that whole plan was just so silly and everyone's reactions were even dumber) and Biba's character remaining being bad. Oh, there's also the fact that both Mumei and Ikoma's transformations look awful and the black and white serum thing is just retarded. Plus the meeting between Ikoma and samurai dude was as convenient as it can get...

RedaJaNai said:
I seriously can't understand some people who keep posting negative stuff week after week after week... I mean, if by say, episode 5-6 of a show you don't like it, who in his/her right mind would go through the pain of watching it until the end?

Thing is this started quite strongly and until around episode 4 I personally thought it was really damn good. Then it started becoming meh, but it was still enjoyable. It only became a trainwreck in the last few episodes and at that point I might as well just finish it, especially because it's not really boring. Just bad.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jun 26, 2016 12:09 PM

May 2015
BIba dickmove, dickmove. I don't get his motivation. If he has a grudge against this father, he should kill only him not civilians.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 26, 2016 12:25 PM
Mar 2009
This show has gone down so bad. Can't even sympathize with the story because there is no plot or character development. I'll watch the ending despite however rushed this series was
Jun 26, 2016 2:23 PM

Nov 2013
thepath said:
simo000 said:
the writing and directing is so bad. i can't believe how bad it has become.

In what way it is bad written ?!

Also, does "bad writing" make anime unenjoyable?! I personally find this anime much more entertaining that most of these anime that has "good writing"

The action, drama, OST, badassness, killing etc keep me entertained all the time. Never felt boring while watching this show

I agree. This show has its flaws, but is it bad written per se? I don't think so.

"bad writing" can sometimes be good. Mars of Destruction for example was a mess, but I enjoyed its trashiness.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 26, 2016 3:54 PM

Jul 2012
♪ Tiny bit of reason still remains in my right hand~ ♪
I wonder if the Kotetsujyo crew now has Ikoma's rock since they took care of Takumi? I guess we'll see if it shows up again.

♪ What color is my blood...red, black, or white? ♪
I think maybe Ikoma has had all three now at different points in time? Or at least Mumei will. White blood is the antidote so someone in this context who has "white blood" might be considered human, since the red blood injection is what turns people into Kabaneri. And then obviously black blood refers to Nue/whatever Ikoma is about to become.
Jun 26, 2016 6:25 PM

Mar 2014
Highlight of the episode was def Ikoma's hot transformation. His plan seems really... weak. There will be lots of plot shields to make up for the end result if seems farfetched. I'll be looking forward to the next episode, and hopefully Ikoma dies
Jun 26, 2016 7:01 PM

Oct 2007
RedaJaNai said:

It's been a bad season, what do you suggest we should be watching from this season? We had hopes that with THAT BUDGET they would at least make something.. not so retardedly bad.

Phoebe3315 said:

I think maybe Ikoma has had all three now at different points in time? Or at least Mumei will. White blood is the antidote so someone in this context who has "white blood" might be considered human, since the red blood injection is what turns people into Kabaneri. And then obviously black blood refers to Nue/whatever Ikoma is about to become.

You are thinking too much into it, I get the feeling that even author didn't think that much into it
Jun 26, 2016 7:18 PM

Jul 2012
belial said:
Phoebe3315 said:
♪ Tiny bit of reason still remains in my right hand~ ♪
I wonder if the Kotetsujyo crew now has Ikoma's rock since they took care of Takumi? I guess we'll see if it shows up again.

♪ What color is my blood...red, black, or white? ♪
You are thinking too much into it, I get the feeling that even author didn't think that much into it
Sorry. I felt like adding some thought and speculation to a "discussion" currently saturated with the same old annoying complaints and hate comments. Why are you here?
Phoebe3315Jun 26, 2016 7:42 PM
Jun 26, 2016 7:45 PM

Apr 2013
Diuturnus said:
Shogun: "Be on alert for Biba and his rebellion."
Servant: "Sir, there is a train that wants in, it has Biba on it."
Shogun: "Let it in."
pretty much sums up the writing of this series, absolutely horrible.
Jun 26, 2016 7:57 PM

Jul 2012
Sourire said:
Diuturnus said:
Shogun: "Be on alert for Biba and his rebellion."
Servant: "Sir, there is a train that wants in, it has Biba on it."
Shogun: "Let it in."
Stop. You know that's not what happened. Not only did they report Biba was captured, Ayame had relatives there so she was trusted, there was a lot of guards prepared to shoot Biba, and a guard even questioned Ayame's claim to capturing him. Think whatever you want, but I thought it was well done.
Jun 26, 2016 9:31 PM

Jun 2011
I really don't give a crap about Biba's daddy issues.
Oh Ikoma, I'll always be on your side, even if others say that you're a poorly written MC, you'll always be my favorite character in this godforsaken series.
Aww man what Biba did with his dad was harsh, geez.
Biba and his men are really f'ed up.
I love you Kurusu.
Poor Mumei :(
Ikoma looks fine with that new hairdo.
The hype is real.
Can't wait for the next episode.
Jun 26, 2016 9:43 PM
Oct 2010
The best thing ever happened in this show, is not the plot, nor the art, nor the music, or the chara..

But how ikoma stop the infection in ep 01, and then accept the infection in ep 11, its so beutifully done.. You can feel Ikoma determination from the very begining ..
FROM SURVIVING (for hatsune sake) to SACRIFICE HIMSELF FOR SOMEONE... (For mumei)
To become the man he can be proud off.. That is the whole story of this anime..

such a beautifull writing.. Eh .. But this anime dont have a writing.. Because noone can see the good writing deep inside the bad writing (on the surface which is shallow in my opinion)

If i have to describe this anime in four words

"beauty in the mundane"
moncikomaJun 26, 2016 9:57 PM
Jun 26, 2016 10:41 PM

Mar 2015
moncikoma said:
The best thing ever happened in this show, is not the plot, nor the art, nor the music, or the chara..

But how ikoma stop the infection in ep 01, and then accept the infection in ep 11, its so beutifully done.. You can feel Ikoma determination from the very begining ..
FROM SURVIVING (for hatsune sake) to SACRIFICE HIMSELF FOR SOMEONE... (For mumei)

such a beautifull writing.. Eh .. But this anime dont have a writing.. Because noone can see the good writing deep inside the bad writing (on the surface which is shallow in my opinion)

"beauty in the mundane"

I just saw him progress from smart to stupid. It's been done before. Medically it's called dementia.

He trusts one of Biba's guys when he is told to infect himself for power? What a hero.
Jun 26, 2016 10:46 PM
Oct 2010
FloatingIdiot said:
moncikoma said:

"beauty in the mundane"

I just saw him progress from smart to stupid. It's been done before. Medically it's called dementia.

He trusts one of Biba's guys when he is told to infect himself for power? What a hero.

that biba guy, only cared about his invention.. which is why he want to see mumei so bad..
i dont think he scheming anything with biba.. he did not recommend ikoma to inject it though..

no gatling gun... he's harmless now =p
Jun 26, 2016 10:49 PM

Mar 2015
moncikoma said:
FloatingIdiot said:

that biba guy, only cared about his invention.. which is why he want to see mumei so bad..
i dont think he scheming anything with biba.. he did not recommend ikoma to inject it though..

All I'm saying is that anyone with a shred of intelligence would wait until they are close to where they have to fight, and then inject themselves, probably stopping flow of zombie juice to the brain.

Yeah, suicide is brave but it's also stupid. Ikoma did the right choice for both his mission and self-preservation at the beginning, and he probably could have done the same again. The show didn't really present a dilemma, when there was a win-win situation available (which he didn't take).
Jun 26, 2016 10:50 PM
Oct 2010
Phoebe3315 said:
Sourire said:
Stop. You know that's not what happened. Not only did they report Biba was captured, Ayame had relatives there so she was trusted, there was a lot of guards prepared to shoot Biba, and a guard even questioned Ayame's claim to capturing him. Think whatever you want, but I thought it was well done.

i feel its stupid.. but i do understand the shogun is ayame fan..
so he accept it without thinking...
and prepared her a dress for the sake of fan service, and that fabric looked very modern..
damn..this shogun have a great taste in modern fashion

moncikomaJun 26, 2016 10:54 PM
Jun 26, 2016 10:58 PM
Oct 2010
FloatingIdiot said:
moncikoma said:

All I'm saying is that anyone with a shred of intelligence would wait until they are close to where they have to fight, and then inject themselves, probably stopping flow of zombie juice to the brain.

Yeah, suicide is brave but it's also stupid. Ikoma did the right choice for both his mission and self-preservation at the beginning, and he probably could have done the same again. The show didn't really present a dilemma, when there was a win-win situation available (which he didn't take).

if he did not inject it on ep 11, nobody interested of hype for the final ending i guess..

i wonder what will happen if ikoma dies.. maybe become a normal kabane?
it would be cool if it did.. and mumei kill him.. just like ikoma kill her sister..

i think the director did not care about our logic...
he just desperetely want every episode to be epic and cliffy xD...
he is tetsuro araki after all.. just like michael bay being bay
Jun 26, 2016 11:58 PM

Dec 2014
So... this anime is going to be one of those which ends in a cliffhanger or something, without explaining further about its universe, otherwise turning it from a great work into a garbage?
Nobody knows what the hell kabanes are and probably never will.
Jun 27, 2016 12:11 AM
May 2012
1. Ok so new Ikoma reminds me more of Ash from Evil Dead (Groovy!). I can dig with that.

2. So whatever happened to that green gem after takumi died? I guess it didn't mention in this episode after all & I guess Ikoma didn't need it, really.
Jun 27, 2016 3:06 AM
Mar 2014
Nice episode,

finally shows Ikoma's true color :D (literally LOL)

nice upgrade for Ikoma

looking forward to ep 12
Jun 27, 2016 4:27 AM
Apr 2016
TheBigGuy said:
thepath said:

In what way it is bad written ?!

Also, does "bad writing" make anime unenjoyable?! I personally find this anime much more entertaining that most of these anime that has "good writing"

The action, drama, OST, badassness, killing etc keep me entertained all the time. Never felt boring while watching this show

I agree. This show has its flaws, but is it bad written per se? I don't think so.

"bad writing" can sometimes be good. Mars of Destruction for example was a mess, but I enjoyed its trashiness.

It's bad writing. Too many plot contrivances. Poor or no character development. Characters make illogical decisions left and right. It would be forgivable for a character to make stupid decisions if there was a reason for it but it seems like the characters just don't think things through before doing anything, except for the villain. I think people are making a fuss because the production values and action scenes for the most part are great. It's sad seeing so much money and effort go into something that is just so narratively weak.
Jun 27, 2016 5:48 AM
Oct 2010
materics said:
TheBigGuy said:

It's bad writing. Too many plot contrivances. Poor or no character development. Characters make illogical decisions left and right. It would be forgivable for a character to make stupid decisions if there was a reason for it but it seems like the characters just don't think things through before doing anything, except for the villain. I think people are making a fuss because the production values and action scenes for the most part are great. It's sad seeing so much money and effort go into something that is just so narratively weak.

ichiro did not get paid enough,.. and he did not deserves it!
i think WIT studio make the right decision not to pay him too much...
and focusing more budget for animation, musics, and ilustration..
that is the first priority, to make this anime more profit..and popular

i know its bad..idea but its better than using all the budget for someone as ichiro..

he's like M Night shamalayan.. 1 or 2 hit wonder.. after that... hmm i think shamalayan is worst.. :v

WIT belive even with this bad writing.. this series can be almost as popular as AOT..

by using the uniqe formula [1980's mikimoto,sawano,AOT,HYPE,bla2]
it really helps the series to go up fast.. and down fast i guess =P
8.51-----7.??

but ... i really happy the with the overall episodes.
2-3 bad episode is OK for me.. overall its full of FUN ride..that rarely happens in any anime i watched... this season... (only re:zero that can blow my mind)
maybe about 7.5-7.8 rating is ok..
even if im a fanboy..
im OK with that.. its a good score for a bland story such as these...

what matters is i still love it no matter what everyone said..
that is the true fanboy i wannabe <3
moncikomaJun 27, 2016 6:03 AM
Jun 27, 2016 11:51 AM
Jun 2016
KyuremX said:
So... this anime is going to be one of those which ends in a cliffhanger or something, without explaining further about its universe, otherwise turning it from a great work into a garbage?
Nobody knows what the hell kabanes are and probably never will.

I'm pretty sure the anime will end with Ikoma reminding Mumei of their rice promise. She gets back to her senses. Either Kurusu kills Biba or Biba gets killed by the Kabane
Jun 27, 2016 2:04 PM
Oct 2010
An anime magazine spread published some detailed info on why Biba wants revenge. A Redditor was kind enough to translate it.
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/8629…%E3%83%AA#more

Biba was the sacrificial pawn in a power play between 2 opposing government factions 10 yrs ago. The militarists wanted to wage war and destroy the kabane, while the moderates thought it dangerous and wanted to hide out in their fortresses.

The shogun was part of the moderates, and to strengthen his faction’s cause he created a 400,000 strong army squad to fight the kabana with the intention of ensuring the squad would be killed by denying them necessary reinforcements. This was to convince the militarists of the futility of fighting the kabane. 12 yr old Biba was chosen as the squad commander, and Kurusu’s dad was part of that squad.

The plan worked – everyone but Biba died, and the moderates were able to gain their political leverage. Biba was made a scapegoat and exiled to the Hunters. For 10 years he’s been investigating who betrayed him, and as of the current timeline he’s discovered the truth and wants bloody vengeance.
Jun 27, 2016 2:17 PM

Apr 2015
Ikoma looked pretty cool at the end with the fuel thing. Wonder how the fight will go.
Jun 27, 2016 3:47 PM

Dec 2015
So basically what I got is BIba has..well HAD daddy issues.

On a serious note I still don't really get Biba's motives. It doesn't even sound like he really has any sort of goal and used the incident to 10 years ago to justify all the slaughter up to this point. Maybe I missed something in the earlier episodes (most likely) when he briefly went over what happened but still this all just seems pointless.

Last episode should be exciting though, definitely enjoyed the action driving the series up to this point. If this gets a second season, which wouldn't be any time soon, 2 years maybe? I hope they would dig deep into WHY the Kabane are they way they are and how it all started or just ANYTHING Kabane related that isn't just "KILL EVERYTHING INSIGHT!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!".

I'm gunning for Ikoma to ALMOST kill Biba, attempt to save Mumei from the Black Shadow but she ends up, again, saving his life leaving him to survive (AGAIN. Since, you know. Tragic sister backstory and all) and will now have two bodies (well I guess three if you count his BFF) on his conscious to fuel him on his quest to defeat all Kanabe, kill Biba and find a cure . If Ikoma dies, so does a chance for a second season. I don't think there would be a reason enough to have another season seeing as the other characters weren't really developed well IMO to warrant more.
Jun 27, 2016 6:05 PM

Apr 2014
Biba is the villain of the season here. The ed song felt so epic. And the stuff he injected, it drains his life-force? Then why not wait until right before battle to do it, not the night before/still have yet to even leave to go there.?
---------My Profile------------
Jun 27, 2016 6:46 PM
Apr 2016
moncikoma said:
An anime magazine spread published some detailed info on why Biba wants revenge. A Redditor was kind enough to translate it.

Biba was the sacrificial pawn in a power play between 2 opposing government factions 10 yrs ago. The militarists wanted to wage war and destroy the kabane, while the moderates thought it dangerous and wanted to hide out in their fortresses.

The shogun was part of the moderates, and to strengthen his faction’s cause he created a 400,000 strong army squad to fight the kabana with the intention of ensuring the squad would be killed by denying them necessary reinforcements. This was to convince the militarists of the futility of fighting the kabane. 12 yr old Biba was chosen as the squad commander, and Kurusu’s dad was part of that squad.

The plan worked – everyone but Biba died, and the moderates were able to gain their political leverage. Biba was made a scapegoat and exiled to the Hunters. For 10 years he’s been investigating who betrayed him, and as of the current timeline he’s discovered the truth and wants bloody vengeance.

Biba pretty much explained the gist of this to the princess in 30 seconds of narrative in the previous episode. It wasn't enough time to give a fuck.
Jun 27, 2016 7:46 PM
Jun 2016
Biba is just a bunch of cliches, the emo kid with daddy issues, it pieces me off so much. The first 7 episodes of this series were awesome, but since his appearence it all went to sh*t. Anyway, I'm hoping at least for a decent ending.
Jun 27, 2016 10:06 PM

Sep 2011
JumBoRGiNo said:
Holy fuck this scene though

10/10 episode cant wait for the final one.

It's about time the series finally showed its potential. It's been absolutely dreadful so far with a lot of the potential lost in the terrible writing and voice acting. If the final episode doesn't really go out with a bang this will be the top of my list for most disappointing series this season.
Jun 28, 2016 12:37 AM
May 2012
Great.... why am I the only one who aren't really happy about this.

IF this show ends where Ikoma saved Mumei but Biba got away which possibly leads into sequel in the future, I'm fine with it. Because I got goosebumps in the first episode but after this episode, since when it's become dumb & stupid after it went from 'escape from zombie apocalypse' into Guilty crown-like scenario? Welp, that's fucking ichiro okuchi for you.

(That's what anime is all about, open ending show especially original-based anime & every show they made mostly bananas aka batshit crazy)

Hell, I've also been traumatized over the other show (Aldnoah.zero) until today because that show was ended 'that' way & I was so angry & upset about it.

Don't ask me why because I'm simply a big fan of anime.
Jun 28, 2016 12:50 AM
Jul 2015
Pls don't do the Guilty Crown ver. 2 finale, pleaaaaasee. One dead Inori was enough for me, so please let Mumei live :c
Jun 28, 2016 1:10 AM

Dec 2012
Watching this with a fever and headache wasn't a good idea. Still not as chaotic and random as fuck as Code Geass though.
allo
Jun 28, 2016 2:26 AM
Oct 2010
Spacehunt said:
Pls don't do the Guilty Crown ver. 2 finale, pleaaaaasee. One dead Inori was enough for me, so please let Mumei live :c

i can predict what the writer want..
the director and writer wnat to make us scared by knowing this is GC2.0
but its not.. i belive both of them will survived..
Jun 28, 2016 2:29 AM
Oct 2010
materics said:
moncikoma said:

Biba pretty much explained the gist of this to the princess in 30 seconds of narrative in the previous episode. It wasn't enough time to give a fuck.

he's like ikoma, 12 years old wheh shit happens..
both doesnt agree with the way moderete been doing all this time..by hiding without fighting..
but the difference is biba is EVIL .. ikoma is GOOD

so the motive is :

pure bloddy vengeance for all the moderates, and whoever stand in his way, for biba

a badass HERO to fight and exxterminate all the kabane, for ikoma

just like ayame said to ikoma in episode 1
"do u want to become a hero?"
moncikomaJun 28, 2016 2:36 AM
Jun 28, 2016 4:29 AM

Nov 2014
know what, I actually don't even want to watch the last episode. dropped.
Jun 28, 2016 6:59 AM

Feb 2008
Oh, Ikoma turned into something rather impressive.
Jun 28, 2016 7:44 AM
Oct 2010

CONGRATULATIONS
Jun 28, 2016 8:24 AM

Nov 2015
Ikoma is going for blood he'll probably die saving Mumei or they both die idk

Jun 28, 2016 8:43 AM
Jul 2018
Spacehunt said:

I hope the same... ffs guilty crown was such a huge disappointment and if this show gets ruined by Mumei getting killed or something that would suck.
Jun 28, 2016 9:36 AM

May 2016
moncikoma said:

CONGRATULATIONS

Yay, Tanaka and Shiraishi are both in 4th, bonus shiping points...

Now seriously, how the heck is Ikoma in first?
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 28, 2016 9:56 AM

Jul 2008
An ok episode, they are pretty much relying on killing and effects now. As much as I hate to say this, the show did the right thing by having just 12 episodes as it was over-hyped from the beginning. That is one of the flaw of a character-driven series rather than a story-driven one.
Jun 28, 2016 10:08 AM

May 2016
ShanaFlame said:
An ok episode, they are pretty much relying on killing and effects now. As much as I hate to say this, the show did the right thing by having just 12 episodes as it was over-hyped from the beginning. That is one of the flaw of a character-driven series rather than a story-driven one.

A story is nothing without its characters tho (IMO), if I don't care about the characters, how am I going care about the story that revolve around said characters?
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 28, 2016 11:41 AM

Oct 2011
ikoma B@d@ss😎 transformation
Jun 28, 2016 11:56 AM

May 2015
ShanaFlame said:
I don't see it as a character driven story though. For me KnK is more of an action driven anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2016 12:57 PM

Jul 2015
Iron Man, is that you? Ah damn, it's still Ikoma...
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jun 28, 2016 1:39 PM
Dec 2013
that was pretty hype, seems more likely that Ikoma will end up dead by the end of this show.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

933 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 30, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

368 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 29, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

545 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 29, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jarjaxle - May 5, 2016

615 by wallus81 »»
Apr 29, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Apr 24, 1:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.